• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 3: Link's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenox seems townie to me and has been scumhunting more than most of you

Thought this would sound too arrogant of me to use as a defense.

So, :yes: to you, green goron.

Also, my aggressiveness has been used to try and get people to put up a "fakeclaim" so I can counter it. If they were to try and use something such as the Quadruplits I would call them out on it. bad example, because that would make sense as a Mason, but I seriously doubt they would include a role like that for a beginners game.

Anyway, another reason why I haven't been sharing my "aggressive" strategies is because then the Mafia can devise a way to counter it.

So, thanks. I have to think of a new strategy. :kawaii:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, now I'm leaning towards Zenox being town. I think that post above really convinced me.

EBMODP
I meant to say "convined me" not "really convinced me".

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
First off, I'd like to point out that there are all-but-modfirmed fake claims, so it'd be equally possible to copy/paste a fake claim from a role PM as it would be to copy/paste a real claim. Just because the mod agrees that it's copy pasted doesn't mean the mod agrees that it's the actual role and not the fake claim.
Forgot this was beginners and we aren't allowed to be aggressive
Aggressiveness =/= jerkiness. It doesn't matter if it's Mafia or BM, an agressive play strategy is fine, if that's your meta. A jerky post style (read: completely seperate from your play strategy) is pretty much borderline against forum rules.
Zenox seems townie to me and has been scumhunting more than most of you
Been doing more scumhunting? Allow me to recap all of his posts for you in this day period.
POST #316 he says he's going to look over Meego's posts (acknowledge future scumhunt, not present scumhunt) then also comments on the yet-to-be-confirmed-as-in-game vig.
POST #320 is an insult and a clarification (to something I was unsure of).
POST #323 is another insult, and an ebwodp'd vote based on said insult, but not a real scum hunt.
POST #330 is nothing but talk about the vig we don't even know is in this game.
POST #341 is a rules reminder and pointing out a (non-existant) flaw in my math.
POST #343 is nothing but further insulting because I didn't understand his emphasis.
POST #356 is an unvote and asking when the day ends.
POST #358 is responding to the vote count on himself.
And finally,
POST #361 is agreeing with you that he's scumhunting (though I've proved that EVERY post today is lax of scumhunting from him, check it yourself if you don't believe me), and then further defending his playstyle. (And although I can't speak for everyone, as I've said an aggressive playstyle is not the same as jerky insulting posts, which is the part I disagree with).

Absolutely zero scumhunting today. So... partners in crime defending him for something that isn't true? So far you've looked nothing but town for me, but now I'm a little suspicious Green Goron.

EBWODP: My vote on Zenox stands. Appears every time I bring up information someone else comes to his defense. I'm not saying he is the Godfather, but that's a classic Godfather "save me because I am the most important part of the mafia" tactic.

EBWODP again: After thinking about it, this seems unlikely unless he got lucky with one of those who defended him as (assuming we weren't given mis-information on the number of scum) there should only be two scum left. Don't necessarily think you're the Godfather, but still believe you're scum.

You're just making up excuses to get me, now. If there's no Vigilante, then we're ****ed. There's no way we'll win without pro-town nightkills. Now that the SK's gone, we have no chance as more than one nightkill, and if there isn't one, then the only way to get people killed is through lynching, which not only will take forever to get all the Mafia gone, we'll be wrong more often than not, and that'll still leave the Mafia plenty of time to kill off our other power roles.

tl;dr: If there's no vigilante, I quit now. We've lost without one.

Also, I looked over Meego to see if I could make an analysis, and she actually didn't really acuse anyone, just jumped on other bandwagons, or called people stupid, or tried to rebuttle points that made no sense. That "future scum hunt" thing happened, it just proved resultless.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
How is that making up excuses to get you? You defend yourself (after someone else defends you) by saying you're scumhunting. I point out that you are not, in fact. You take one of my points and take it askew? That's not a "made up excuse", that's one of many points on your posts today that aren't scumhunting despite your recent claim to the contrary.

Well, I'll tell you this. The evidence we have now we haven't seen a vig kill. I'll tell you I'm not a vig, or else I'd have been vigikilling who I thought was scum during the night. Unless you're going to claim the vig then, unless someone else does, with the evidence we have now it's reasonable to assume that there isn't one and/or the vig is inactive.

EBWODP: Sorry, though I put it in, but the point of that line (and the others around it) was not what you said or did, but what you didn't. (scumhunting)
Didn't mean to make it sound as if I was attacking you for keeping on the vig point, as that is an important factor and shouldn't be held against you.

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
Now that I think about it I Belive The Serial Killer was Helping us. Both of the Nights Mafia was night Killed. Wonder who that could be? (Sarcastic) Well now the Serial Killer is Dead. No more free Night kills on Mafia. So we are on our own townies. USE VOTES WISELY.....Sorry Just Brain Stroming.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
You're just making up excuses to get me, now. If there's no Vigilante, then we're ****ed. There's no way we'll win without pro-town nightkills. Now that the SK's gone, we have no chance as more than one nightkill, and if there isn't one, then the only way to get people killed is through lynching, which not only will take forever to get all the Mafia gone, we'll be wrong more often than not, and that'll still leave the Mafia plenty of time to kill off our other power roles.

tl;dr: If there's no vigilante, I quit now. We've lost without one.

Also, I looked over Meego to see if I could make an analysis, and she actually didn't really acuse anyone, just jumped on other bandwagons, or called people stupid, or tried to rebuttle points that made no sense. That "future scum hunt" thing happened, it just proved resultless.

Isn't that how some people scumhunt?
Just because the SK is gone doesn't mean we can't win. We could win if we pay attention to certain things. Right now we've been ignoring the inactives when we shouldn't.
Meego, first of all, did accuse people. I remember it because it was me that she accused. She commented a little bit on other things but that was about it. At the end she just voted for me and said "I have my reasons". Also, she wasn't calling people stupid, she was just commenting on other peoples posts in a way that a scumhunter would comment.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
No.

Looks like he's trying to cover up something.

Okay I think it's time for those who haven't voted yet, to vote. I'm not sure who I'm most suspicious of, Zenox (because of what I said above), FirevsIce(inactivity), or Kokirion(no real participation). Zenox could just be playing the way he normally plays but I’ve never played a mafia game with him before. Kokirion has made no useful posts and FirevsIce has been inactive the whole day.

Vote: Kokirion

As I said above, he hasn't made any helpful or useful posts.

Kokirion just joined the game as a replacement. He is probabl reading the thread still

First off, I'd like to point out that there are all-but-modfirmed fake claims, so it'd be equally possible to copy/paste a fake claim from a role PM as it would be to copy/paste a real claim. Just because the mod agrees that it's copy pasted doesn't mean the mod agrees that it's the actual role and not the fake claim.

Aggressiveness =/= jerkiness. It doesn't matter if it's Mafia or BM, an agressive play strategy is fine, if that's your meta. A jerky post style (read: completely seperate from your play strategy) is pretty much borderline against forum rules.

Been doing more scumhunting? Allow me to recap all of his posts for you in this day period.
POST #316 he says he's going to look over Meego's posts (acknowledge future scumhunt, not present scumhunt) then also comments on the yet-to-be-confirmed-as-in-game vig.
POST #320 is an insult and a clarification (to something I was unsure of).
POST #323 is another insult, and an ebwodp'd vote based on said insult, but not a real scum hunt.
POST #341 is a rules reminder and pointing out a (non-existant) flaw in my math.
POST #343 is nothing but further insulting because I didn't understand his emphasis.
POST #356 is an unvote and asking when the day ends.
POST #358 is responding to the vote count on himself.
And finally,
POST #361 is agreeing with you that he's scumhunting (though I've proved that EVERY post today is lax of scumhunting from him, check it yourself if you don't believe me), and then further defending his playstyle. (And although I can't speak for everyone, as I've said an aggressive playstyle is not the same as jerky insulting posts, which is the part I disagree with).

Absolutely zero scumhunting today. So... partners in crime defending him for something that isn't true? So far you've looked nothing but town for me, but now I'm a little suspicious Green Goron.

EBWODP: My vote on Zenox stands. Appears every time I bring up information someone else comes to his defense. I'm not saying he is the Godfather, but that's a classic Godfather "save me because I am the most important part of the mafia" tactic.

EBWODP again: After thinking about it, this seems unlikely unless he got lucky with one of those who defended him as (assuming we weren't given mis-information on the number of scum) there should only be two scum left. Don't necessarily think you're the Godfather, but still believe you're scum.

First off, how many others have done anything at all. Zenox is active, keeps the game going, and about the vig he is pointing out possibilities and to anger Zenox I don't think there is a vig in this game

Second, there are only two mafia left so if he was one then only one other person would keep defending him. I defended him because I believe he is townie.

You pressing hard for Zenox does look suspicious but I think you're townie because you're actualy scumhunting and helpong the town.

Because of the role-claim from goronlink, im gonna VOTE: Zenox and change it if something else comes up.

Goomboo has brought up no suggestions and just goes along with the crowd. Mafia lurking in the shadows?
VOTE:GOOMBOO

Goomboo has brought up no suggestions and just goes along with the crowd. Mafia lurking in the shadows?
VOTE:GOOMBOO

I've just ignored Goomboo for awhile now, but he's always just all like "I'll come back and help later, but here's a vote while you're waiting" He hasn't ever followed through on it, so I agree.

VOTE: Goomboo

Isn't that how some people scumhunt?
Just because the SK is gone doesn't mean we can't win. We could win if we pay attention to certain things. Right now we've been ignoring the inactives when we shouldn't.
Meego, first of all, did accuse people. I remember it because it was me that she accused. She commented a little bit on other things but that was about it. At the end she just voted for me and said "I have my reasons". Also, she wasn't calling people stupid, she was just commenting on other peoples posts in a way that a scumhunter would comment.

Actually, I change my mind. Mafia defend fellow mafia, I've seen this before in other games. It's subtle like this, and they even defend their dead. Also, why are you defending a dead Mafia?

UNVOTE
VOTE: Raindrop14

Actually, no, I change my mind. Original reasons.

UNVOTE
VOTE: Goomboo

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Kokirion just joined the game as a replacement. He is probabl reading the thread still

I don't think so. It doesn't take that long to read the thread. He might have things in the way so that it would take longer but I don't think it would take this long.

Actually, I change my mind. Mafia defend fellow mafia, I've seen this before in other games. It's subtle like this, and they even defend their dead. Also, why are you defending a dead Mafia?

I'm pointing out the flaws in your post by simply saying the truth.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Now that I think about it I Belive The Serial Killer was Helping us. Both of the Nights Mafia was night Killed. Wonder who that could be? (Sarcastic) Well now the Serial Killer is Dead. No more free Night kills on Mafia. So we are on our own townies. USE VOTES WISELY.....Sorry Just Brain Stroming.
I see what you're getting at here, but the SK is not a vig. SK and vig abilities are very similar, but vig is town aligned and wins only when the town wins, and SK is third party and wins only when everyone else is dead. Because the fact that the death scene had her pegged as the SK (in a seperate color than what we've learned is town and mafia) it's proof that she's the SK and not the vig.
If that is not what you're getting at, then I don't get this post....
I've read all the pages, but very quick.
First off, how many others have done anything at all. Zenox is active, keeps the game going,
First off, I never said he wasn't active. And that is no defense. Some scum hide in the shadows, some scum try to hide right under your nose.
and about the vig he is pointing out possibilities
And about the vig, I've already covered; the POINT, once again, is NOT that he was talking about the vig, but that I caught both him and you in a bold faced lie.
EBWODP: Sorry, though I put it in, but the point of that line (and the others around it) was not what you said or did, but what you didn't. (scumhunting)
He just picked the one line out of nine others and took it out of context to try and change the subject so that nobody would pick up on the fact that both of you were lying about his history in this thread.
Second, there are only two mafia left so if he was one then only one other person would keep defending him. I defended him because I believe he is townie.
I already covered that, too.
Funny how you keep bring about points which I've already answered; changing the subject and defending him so adamantly when I called both of you out on a lie. It is possible that, like you said, you " believe he is townie", but that's no reason to pull such scum tactics when I've proven that you're both wrong. If we lynch him and he flips town then I may change my opinion on your tactics, but until then my vote stands and I think we've found our second and final remaining scum.
I've just ignored Goomboo for awhile now, but he's always just all like "I'll come back and help later, but here's a vote while you're waiting" He hasn't ever followed through on it, so I agree.
Nice catch, I have been mostly ignoring him too, it seems. I think I mentioned something about him a page or two back but it was just an offhand refrence and I don't even remember what I put anymore.... *goes to check*
Kind of funny how you only post a real scumhunt post after I point out that you have yet to do so, though....

Look, sorry but I dont have the time to read every single post ever created ever... Ive said that I think GoronLink and Zenox were both suspicious and gave my reasons for both. If anyone wants me to roleclaim then just5 say and I very happily will. Ill try to be more active.

EDWODP: Actully ill just do it now: I am Syrup, A Vanilla Townie.There happy now?

Look, sorry but I dont have the time to read every single post ever created ever... Ive said that I think GoronLink and Zenox were both suspicious and gave my reasons for both. If anyone wants me to roleclaim then just5 say and I very happily will. Ill try to be more active.

EDWODP: Actully ill just do it now: I am Syrup, A Vanilla Townie.There happy now?

Did you copy past your name claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom