• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 3: Link's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
We need to stop lynching Townies. Thats what the Mafia is Trying to make us do. Fight with each other.
Very suspicious after a 2scum night. Like trying to make us forget that the score is tied now; 3scum to 3town. That' extremely good odds so far with only 5 scum in the game. Don't think it's vote worthy yet, but FoS Goron Link.
It's possible that Meego blocked the vigilante. Or there just isn't one or the doctor protected their target. I'm starting to think there isn't one since no nightkills twice in a row.
Complete list of possibilities (that I know off, feel free to add more).
Role Blocked either night (it's possible we could have a Role Blocker too)
Wasn't active/didn't use role (I think the first night went until the deadline; could have been waiting on a vote that never came in).
Doc save.
Twice Targeted (remember that the first mafia NK had two people attack him even though there was only one SK)
Nightkill Immune (I'm almost 100% positive the Godfather will be. Others may be too.)
They could be bussing and it is possible for Celeboy to be scum, but I have a feeling that he is a townie. Way back on day 1 Celeboy seemed off with his calculations on how many scum and townies there were in the game. He again posted that there were five mafia members when he voted for himself trying to prove that scum wouldn't do that. I will go back and pull up his exact quote. But the fact that he thought there were five mafia before we knew 100% for sure that there were four puts him on my townie list.

Don't take what I am about to say the wrong way, but we have only lynched two townies so far, and with the odds being 13 townies to 5 scum (4 mafia, 1 SK) we are going to lynch townies, especially in a beginner game. I have had a feeling that you were scum from the start, and my suspicions are really growing with all of your posts. So I am going to continue to hold my vote against you.

Vote: Goron Link

They could be bussing and it is possible for Celeboy to be scum, but I have a feeling that he is a townie. Way back on day 1 Celeboy seemed off with his calculations on how many scum and townies there were in the game. He again posted that there were five mafia members when he voted for himself trying to prove that scum wouldn't do that. I will go back and pull up his exact quote. But the fact that he thought there were five mafia before we knew 100% for sure that there were four puts him on my townie list.

Don't take what I am about to say the wrong way, but we have only lynched two townies so far, and with the odds being 13 townies to 5 scum (4 mafia, 1 SK) we are going to lynch townies, especially in a beginner game. I have had a feeling that you were scum from the start, and my suspicions are really growing with all of your posts. So I am going to continue to hold my vote against you.

Vote: Goron Link

EBWODP

So first he is way off on his numbers, I dtill don't know where the extra four came from.

celeboy said:
You know what? To show I'm not mafia, Vote: Celeboy. There.
Meego7 said:
How does this prove anything? This isn't proving much.
True in a way.
Well, as has been seen in other games (ie Mafia 5) sometimes people can be confused on if they're a bad guy/good guy and/or if they're town/mafia. It's possible that he was mafia all along and was unsure of how the rest of the scum worked. Remember that this whole back-forth was Meego and himself, so we can't take it as much.

I still hold my suspicions on Raindrop and Zenox as I did yesterday, though I still haven't had the time to look back at Meego's posts in-depth, and I'm going to wait until I have more free time before casting my vote today.

EBWODP: Oops, didn't mean to quote that whole post Gonzo, just the bottom part starting at the two quoted quotes by Celeboy and Meego.

Pen

The game is on!
Man I'm surprised that both Zelda_8 and Meego7 were scum... :lol: To me those two seemed to be some the most unsuspicious ones.

Anyway, there is no one at the moment that I would like to lay my vote on. However, my suspicion on Zenox does still exist since yesterday.

FoS: Zenox

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
Wow 3 Votes Already on me. Well this is my first mafia game and I see my mistakes. Anyway I'm Kinda Stuck on what to do. I Guess i have no choice but to die. This Fourm is kinda hard to keep track on anyways. So if I do die this day. You would just kill another Townie.

Wow 3 Votes Already on me. Well this is my first mafia game and I see my mistakes. Anyway I'm Kinda Stuck on what to do. I Guess i have no choice but to die. This Fourm is kinda hard to keep track on anyways. So if I do die this day. You would just kill another Townie.

To say "That would just kill another townie" I think we need a roleclaim before we can properly begin thinking that GoronLink really is a townie. After you roleclaim GL then I might belevie you.

IGMEOY: GoronLink

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Not necessarily. Remember that Jo hinted that the scum has fake claims. Meaning HoM could have sent Goron Link that exact line (and he did indeed copy/paste it) as his fake claim. He wouldn't have sent the scum claims that would have contradicted the real town claims. In that case you just make everyone claim and that's game in one day.

Think about it:
13 town
5 scum
everyone claims...
5 matching pairs, 8 left out.
anyone who refuses to claim is automatically pegged as scum. Start lynching the matching names one by one alphabetically. Anyone who opposes a lynch is scum. A town lynch would mean target the other one. A scum lynch would mean move on. All town wins when scum is dead, regardless if they're dead or alive. Meaning town would agree to this system for an automatic (and quick) win and scum would oppose, making it easier than ever to detect scum. Game over, town wins without a problem.

No, I believe that fake claims are the cause here and we cannot automatically slap a "town" or "scum" sticker on someone for a claim. Especially given the fact that there's many vanillas. Scum can easily attack vanilla to their fake claim and avoid suspicion. The only ones who are really town-sided are those who claim a name and a power role, in which case they're only safe if nobody counter-claims their power role, but not necessarily town because they could always call a role the town doesn't have.

I'm still suspicious of Goron Link. Not as much as I was before, but still.

EBWODP:
Okay, looking back at older posts I'm a little suspicious of goomboo.
He targets tecknokid with very little reasoning for targeting people with very little reasoning. Very hypocritical. Scum tell right there.
Then he only pops back in the thread to defend himself, and again, and again.

Today he's only popped in to cast more vague suspicions that have already been said before and demand a claim.

Huge scum behavior. May change with new evidence, but for now it's
VOTE: goomboo

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Not necessarily. Remember that Jo hinted that the scum has fake claims. Meaning HoM could have sent Goron Link that exact line (and he did indeed copy/paste it) as his fake claim. He wouldn't have sent the scum claims that would have contradicted the real town claims. In that case you just make everyone claim and that's game in one day.

Yeah, maybe... By the way, who's Jo?! :huh:

You are the Cucco Keeper. That’s right, a Vanilla Townie

Copy and pasted from the message its self.

Which is agaisnt the rules. Paraphrasing is okay, but copy/pasta from role PM is a no-no.

ubad, goron link, ubad

Think about it:
13 town
5 scum
everyone claims...
5 matching pairs, 8 left out.
anyone who refuses to claim is automatically pegged as scum. Start lynching the matching names one by one alphabetically. Anyone who opposes a lynch is scum. A town lynch would mean target the other one. A scum lynch would mean move on. All town wins when scum is dead, regardless if they're dead or alive. Meaning town would agree to this system for an automatic (and quick) win and scum would oppose, making it easier than ever to detect scum. Game over, town wins without a problem.

No, I believe that fake claims are the cause here and we cannot automatically slap a "town" or "scum" sticker on someone for a claim. Especially given the fact that there's many vanillas. Scum can easily attack vanilla to their fake claim and avoid suspicion. The only ones who are really town-sided are those who claim a name and a power role, in which case they're only safe if nobody counter-claims their power role, but not necessarily town because they could always call a role the town doesn't have.

I'm still suspicious of Goron Link. Not as much as I was before, but still.

Holy ****, aggressive much?

Also, great plan. One flaw: Mafia have nightkills. The whole idea on the mafia side is to find the best canidate to lynch. Those being the Cop, the Vigilante, the Roleblocker, the Doctor, and any other role that should come into play. (I doubt there's many power roles besides that, due to this being a beginners game) In other words, we all claim, the mafia don't have to do any digging to lynch those power guys off. Then it's just lulz and easy pickings from there.

Also, those points against goomboo are hardly "huge" as you said. You only have one point against him. The point where he only defends is an extremely valid one for him. Most people will be all "Stfu, don't change the subject" when that person tries to scumhunt under pressure.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
That scenario is not aggressive at all. I was simply explaining the logic behind not

If you do the simple math, it's 13 - 5. There is more than twice as many town as scum. So, assuming 1.5 town kills (accounting half town lynches and 1 town death each night(and that scenario was comparing name claims, not role claims; this number can decrease due to doc saves and such)) to 1 scum kill (a correct lynch half the time) the final three would be down to 4.5(four or five; if it's 4 we know in fact the last scum, if it's five we know 50/50 chance the last scum, in which case the worst scenario is town lynch and town NK, and it'd be 3 to 1 with a guaranteed scum) town and 1 scum, and the town would win right there. If you factor in the SK (who doesn't know who's who besides himself) you get an extra 4:12 (1:3) mafia:town ratio, meaning at the same point it'd be 2.5 town to 1 scum. It's simple math and statistics, really.

As far as goomboo being scum, I only have one point (aside from minimal scumhunting all he does is defend himself), and you agree that it's extremely valid, yet attack my reasoning? The thing is, he wasn't under pressure. He saw one little point that could possibly be construed against him and adamantly defended himself without provocation.
(Why the emphasis on "for"?)

David

But you called me here...
You are the Cucco Keeper. That’s right, a Vanilla Townie

Copy and pasted from the message its self.

Since this isn't the whole message, I will let it slide for now. I will post a tally either tonight or tomorrow

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
First off, why are you being so defensive for him? Secret partners in crime, much?
Secondly, as I already pointed out, it's fine to defend yourself when you're under pressure, but when you see one minute detail and put the pressure on yourself it's an inexperienced scum tell.
Thirdly, because I've been suspicious of you since you started and you're adamantly defending someone else I found suspicious because of one vote (see point one), and also the fact that you were pushing so hard for tecknokid's bandwagon and lynching (congratulations on that one, by the way, really helped the town out) I have to say
UNVOTE: goomboo
VOTE: Zenox

It's not necessarily that I find you more suspicious, right now you both seem about equally scum to me, but rather that I'd rather have a nice scum still be here than you. I mean, 4 out of every 5 posts this game you've made lately are insulting someone.
You started out being nice, treating this game like the BM which will have player-mistakes that need to be corrected.
Something about Technokid originally stood out to me as bad, but I reread the post he made that made me go "huh ..." and it was all speculation, so I'm going to hold out a bit longer before going after Technokid. After all, this is beginner's mafia, so it's all about correcting mistakes. :P
But then you quickly turn spiteful and dark. (the below is condensed into one chronological post for spacing issues, what I added is underlined, you can click the link I provided below for complete, un-condensed quotes)
Zenox said:
What the fack? What do you mean by "promise to not only vote once......."? And what's with the unnecessary amounts of periods? Clear up or gtfo.
Insulting tecknokid.
You already implied that you did. Roleclaim/Nameclaim. You are a liar and I want some solid proof to tell me otherwise.
Again, insulting tecknokid.
hey, hero of music. Is technokid townie? And while you're at it, who are the mafia?
Insulting tecknokid after he claimed.
So, where was the Vigilante in all of this? ubad, vigi
Insulting to the vig in a BM. When we don't even know if there is a vig (and you acknowledge this later, I might add).
I'm saying Meego is an idiot.
Do I even need to explain who you're insulting here?
Points out the obvious.
Insulting Goron Link.
No roleclaim? Alright. Noob scum mistake anyway.
Insulting Goron Link again.
I said valid for him. In smart people land, that means its a point to defend him, not attack him.
Finally, insulting me because emphasis doesn't exactly translate well over the internet and I asked why the emphasis on the word "for".

And there are more. Just click on Zenox's post history if you wish to read them all.

Finally, there's
This is why I don't like beginner games, they make it so the "hints" are more like "no, that guy's safe. Try someone else"
Insulting the game itself, as if you don't even care who wins or loses. Seriously? If you "don't like [it]", then why play? It is a sign-up game, not an "HoM says you have to" game. Well, if you don't want to play this then I hope my vote helps you out and lynches you for the scum you are so you can quit honorably.
</spiteful rant based on frustration for rash attitude>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom