• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ark's Perplexing Puzzles

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The answer is: Place three tubes. One in every fourth position, then place the 4th and 5th diametrically opposed.

Some of the answers were correct, and seeing as my friend who sent me the puzzle couldnt remember how to work it out, i'll divide the points among you all.

5PP each.

Puzzle 050- Elimination -30PP

97 teams participate in an annual tournament. The way the champion is chosen for this tournament is by the same old elimination schedule. That is, the 97 teams are to be divided into pairs, and the two teams of each pair play against each other. After a team is eliminated from each pair, the winners would be again divided into pairs, etc. How many games must be played to determine a champion?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Thet must play at least 96 games. It's a guess.

Correct~ 30PP for you~

Puzzle 051- Gold Rush- 10PP

Two boxes are labeled "A" and "B". A sign on box A says "The sign on box B is true and the gold is in box A". A sign on box B says "The sign on box A is false and the gold is in box A". Assuming there is gold in one of the boxes, which box contains the gold?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
If the label on box B was right, then the sign on box A would be true, which would mean that B was false, which would be paradox.
So B has to be wrong. Which means that both signs are wrong. Which means that the gold is in box B.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I should clarify that both boxes have two statements each. In the case of A, both statements are wrong. B does not say the truth (at least not completely), and the treasure is not in box A. In the case of B, only the second statement is wrong, which is enough to make A false (which B correctly states in its other statement).

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Neglected thread is neglected.

Correct Michael~ 10PP for you.

Puzzle 052- The Bridge- 15PP

A truck is stuck at a road under a bridge. It's just a couple of inches too high to pass under. Any other route, avoiding the bridge would add a couple of hours to the journey. A young boy comes along and again saves the day. How?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
He takes some air out of the tires, enough to make the truck a couple inches shorter, and goes under the bridge. On the other side he fills them up agian. If this isn't the anwer it shpuld be. (Not to be rude)

Correct! BADABING! Welcome to the leaderboard. :)

Puzzle 053- Bang bang! -5PP

A man enters a bar and asks for a glass of water. The bartender draws a gun and shoots into the ceiling. The man thanks him and walks out. Why?

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i think the man was hot and was going to pour water onto him and there was a pipe there and it sprayed onto him so the man thanked him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom