• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ark's Perplexing Puzzles

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
By it "walks" away, does it literally walk, or do you just mean it somehow gets up and leaves it's current location? I wouldn't think it's an egg, because without incubation (you just put it on a shelf, after all) it won't hatch.

If the latter, then my guess would be a snail. They can hide up in their shell for days or even years then as soon as they are re-introduced to a moister environment come out and resume where they left off. And the French eat them (escargot, anyone?).

Yeah, or a worm. Both are foods in some cultures.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Agreements don't count as answers. But Durion is correct! 10PP to you~

Puzzle 063- Flying Riddles -15PP

I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
It's an arrow, ie bow and arrow.

Feather's help it fly (straight); body=shaft, head=arrowhead; the stronger you are, the farther you can pull the string, thus how far it can fly; you shoot an arrow, not throw it.

Fairly sure this is it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
It's an arrow, ie bow and arrow.

Feather's help it fly (straight); body=shaft, head=arrowhead; the stronger you are, the farther you can pull the string, thus how far it can fly; you shoot an arrow, not throw it.

Fairly sure this is it.

Correct :D 10PP for you~

LEADERBOARD-

Durion- 140PP
Michael Heide- 132PP
Steve- 82PP
Athenian200- 62PP
Meego7- 61PP
Soldier of Link- 42PP
Destiny- 40PP
Epwna- 35PP
Locke- 30PP
Jedizora- 24PP
TheGreen- 22PP
SuperSilly- 20PP
Linksbro321-20PP
February Eve- 19PP
SheikahWarrior- 17PP
ElvenKnight- 15PP
Xinnamin- 15PP
Josh- 14PP
Baysiderulez- 12PP
Justeazy- 10PP

Le next puzzle;

Puzzle 064- Court Trouble - 20PP

A woman has incontrovertible proof in court that her husband was murdered by her sister. The judge declares, "This is the strangest case I've ever seen. Though it's a cut-and-dried case, this woman cannot be punished."

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I think I have a answer. They were Siamese twins? If so, then TV may actually help you...

Correct :D 15PP for you~ Remember, with every incorrect answer the PP total goes down by 5.

Puzzle 065- BANG and the hunter is gone! - 30PP

A hunter aimed his gun carefully and fired. Seconds later, he realized his mistake. Minutes later, he was dead

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Puzzle 065- BANG and the hunter is gone! - 30PP

A hunter aimed his gun carefully and fired. Seconds later, he realized his mistake. Minutes later, he was dead
I see a few different plausible situations.

The hunter was sitting on a bridge or other suspended structure, and his target was (or was in front of) a supporting structure/rope/etc. So, he shoots the dear, but the bullet continues through, breaks the rope, and as he's falling (seconds) he realizes how it happens, and he breaks his legs on the fall down, and in just a short while (minutes) he bleeds out.

The hunter was somehow holding his gun backwards. Perhaps his scope was on backwards or something. He pulled the trigger, and it took him a few seconds to feel it because of the initial shock, and a few minutes to bleed out.

The hunter shot something that inadvertently started a forest fire. It took a few seconds for him to see the flames and a few minutes for the flames to catch him and burn him to death.

The hunter was not in fact hunting. He was James Bond. He shot a bad guy, but a few seconds later he realized it was not the guy he was supposed to kill, and he only had one bullet in his watch-gun. A few minutes later, the real bad guy found him.

Really, there is very little information in that riddle. I most likely didn't have the answer you wanted, but given the pertinent information all of those are possible correct answers, so....

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I see a few different plausible situations.

The hunter was sitting on a bridge or other suspended structure, and his target was (or was in front of) a supporting structure/rope/etc. So, he shoots the dear, but the bullet continues through, breaks the rope, and as he's falling (seconds) he realizes how it happens, and he breaks his legs on the fall down, and in just a short while (minutes) he bleeds out.

The hunter was somehow holding his gun backwards. Perhaps his scope was on backwards or something. He pulled the trigger, and it took him a few seconds to feel it because of the initial shock, and a few minutes to bleed out.

The hunter shot something that inadvertently started a forest fire. It took a few seconds for him to see the flames and a few minutes for the flames to catch him and burn him to death.

The hunter was not in fact hunting. He was James Bond. He shot a bad guy, but a few seconds later he realized it was not the guy he was supposed to kill, and he only had one bullet in his watch-gun. A few minutes later, the real bad guy found him.

Really, there is very little information in that riddle. I most likely didn't have the answer you wanted, but given the pertinent information all of those are possible correct answers, so....

I applaud your imagination. So you win!

LEADERBOARD-

Durion- 140PP
Michael Heide- 132PP
Steve- 82PP
Athenian200- 62PP
Meego7- 61PP
Soldier of Link- 42PP
Destiny- 40PP
Justeazy- 40PP
Epwna- 35PP
Locke- 30PP
Jedizora- 24PP
TheGreen- 22PP
SuperSilly- 20PP
Linksbro321-20PP
February Eve- 19PP
SheikahWarrior- 17PP
ElvenKnight- 15PP
Xinnamin- 15PP
Josh- 14PP
Baysiderulez- 12PP

~~~~

Puzzle 066- The Three Gods - 80PP

Three gods A , B , and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are “da” and “ja”, in some order. You do not know which word means which.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I applaud your imagination. So you win!
Wait, what was supposed to be the answer? I was complaining that it was a little open-ended, but I don't wanna cheat! D:
Puzzle 066- The Three Gods - 80PP

Three gods A , B , and C are called, in some order, True, False, and Random. True always speaks truly, False always speaks falsely, but whether Random speaks truly or falsely is a completely random matter. Your task is to determine the identities of A , B , and C by asking three yes-no questions; each question must be put to exactly one god. The gods understand English, but will answer in their own language, in which the words for yes and no are “da” and “ja”, in some order. You do not know which word means which.
Ask the first God, "If I would have asked you 'Are you the God of Truth', what would have said?" If the god answers yes, then they are either the god of Truth or Random. If the God answers no, they are the God of False.
Ask that same God, "Does [da/ja, whichever they answered] mean 'yes'?" If they answer the same thing,
Ask the third God, "are you the God of False?"

Put the three Gods in left, right, and center order. Ask the God on the left "Is the God in the center the God of Truth". Ask the God on the right the same thing.

Ask the first God "Are you the God of Truth?". Ask the first God "Is the second God the God of Random?". Ask the first God "Is the third God the God of False?"
If the God gave

Ask the first God "Are you the God of Truth, the God of Random, or the God of False?" (This is phrased as a list; not asking for a specific answer, but just a simple yes or no if you are on this list.)
Ask the second God "Are you the God of Truth, the God of Random, or the God of False?"
Ask the third God "Are you the God of Truth, the God of Random, or the God of False?"
The God of Truth will answer [da/ja], whichever means yes, as that God is on that list, and the God of False will answer [ja/da], whichever means no, because he's lying about being on that list. The God of Random will not answer, because if it were to lie it would

1: Ask the first God "Will your answer to this be 'yes' in your own Language?" If it gives you an answer (for the sake of this riddle, let's say "da"). Then Da means yes, and it is either the God of Truth or Random. If it does not give you an answer, it is either the God of False or Random. Answering either no or yes would be telling the truth, and thus the God of False cannot answer and the God of Random may not answer.
If you got a yes answer, continue to part 2. If you did not get an answer, move to part 5.
2: Ask the second God "Was the first God the God of False?" If it says yes, then it has to be lying, and it is either the God of Random or the God of False. Move to part 3. If it says YES, it may be lying as the God of Random or telling the Truth as the God of Truth. Move to part 4.
3: If the first God said yes and the second God said yes, then the third God has to be the God of Truth or the God of False. Ask it "was the first God the God of False?" If it says YES, it's lying and is the God of False, the first is Truth and the second is Random. If it says NO, it's the God of Truth, the first is Random and the second is False.
4: If both the first God said yes and second God said no, then you know that both of them are the God of Truth and/or Random, so the last God has to be the God of False. Ask it "Is the first God the God of Random?" If it says NO, then the first God is the God of random. If it says yes, then the second God is the God of Random and the First God is the God of Truth.
5: Ask the second God the same question. If you get an answer, you know the difference between "da" and "ja", and you've split your possibilities into two. The first God could be False or Random, and the second God is Truth or Random. The third God can only be Truth or False, so ask the third god "Is the first God the God of Truth?". If it says YES, you know that the third God is the God of False, since the first god cannot be the God of Truth, and thus the first God is Random and the second God is Truth. If it says NO, then you know that the third God is the God of Truth, the first is the God of False, and the second is the God of Random.

EDIT: The strikethroughed parts are what I was thinking before I realized it wouldn't work and moved on to the next idea. I'm confident in that last answer, though it still may be wrong... =/
This is a toughie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom