• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Anyone else Really Hate Majora's Mask?

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game according to Story, Side quests, and items. It is an amazing game, and the time limit isn't that bad especially how all of the characters move with it and it is predictable. Also the song of Inverted time!!

The time feature makes me paranoid, but it does make the game hard enough for me to not complain about. I love this game, the only feature I hate is the dungeon item is just a bow and and different types of arrows. The limit of items kills me, but the mask makes it all better. I don't think this game is worth the hate your giving it but its your opinion, and this is the internet, freedom of speech.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
MM was awesome! I love how it was different. It stands out from all other Zelda games in so many ways. The only thing wrong with it was how it plays choppy, but thats only because it pushed the abilities of the N64!

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Majora's Mask is in my top 3 favorite games of all time. I played it when it first came out and didn't like it as much as Ocarina of Time. It's an acquired taste. I replayed it about 3 years later and the more mature themes in the game affected me more. I also took the time to find every single mask the second time I beat it. I have gone back and played the game hundreds of times now. I enjoyed the time limit because it was challenging and gave me a sense of accomplishment when I managed my time well. I also felt like I really got to know the characters. Anju and Kafei is heartbreaking. Stone Tower Temple is the most challenging and one of the coolest dungeons ever. Finding those stray fairies makes me anxious just thinking about it...:lol:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I disagree. I really liked Majora's Mask. It's completely different than the other games in the series, what-with the time limit and all. I think it makes it rather enjoyable.

I love MM but I completely understand the hate. The time limit is frustrating. The later temples are dang hard. And THEN you have the finding-fairies task, too! Like I said, I love the concept of the game and the storyline, but I don't think I've cursed more while playing a game, honestly ^^

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
To be honest, when I first played MM I was completely astounded at how different it was in comparison to OoT and found the 3 day cycle to be somewhat of a hassle. Although having discovered the Inverted Song of Time on my first play through, I never really had too much of a problem until Stone Tower Temple and the Stray Fairy Collection portion of it.

I too disliked the save feature. Especially when I would use an Owl statue. Sometimes I would come back to an interrupted game, decide I didn't really have enough time to play MM and then I would just turn off forgetting that I hadn't really saved the game in the first place. My cartridge also freezes occasionally and without the freedom to save as you go, I always had to restart the three day cycle I was currently on.

Another annoyance of mine was the change in the 'give item' mechanic. Every time I would make it through the Lost Woods (or whatever the MM equivalent is) I would press the button to give the red potion and drink it. That really got on my nerves.

The more I played MM the more I started to like it for its quirkiness. I appreciate that Nintendo did not do a rehash of OoT and Simply label it a new game. I'm sure it would have been so much easier to just set it in Hyrule using the same engine and textures but they didn't. I like the design of the temples as well, in particular the Water Temple for it's unique ability to confuse me every time I need to turn on the next pump.

I also appreciate MM for simply being what it is. I am not what anyone could consider as being an avid gamer but, I have not encountered another game that is even remotely similar in theme and game play to MM. Even as a Zelda game it stands out as being unique and that is what I like the most about it. It's different and yet at the same time manages to capture everything that is the embodiment of a good entry into the LoZ series.

MM is okay for me. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I am having the same feelings as some of the previous commenters: I don't always have the time to pick up and play it because of the save system. I am not a fan of the three day system, but I am not going to say it is terrible. That is what makes this game unique. The story feels pretty basic: save Termina by stopping the moon from falling. Not my favorite game of the series.

Majora's Mask is tied with Spirit Tracks for my favorite game in the series, actually. Maybe even favorite game ever. But that doesn't make it perfect. This is a game for people who like sidequests more than actual dungeon crawling. Same with Spirit Tracks. So I get where you're coming from. It's not a game for everybody. However, I think that because of the time system and such it would NOT make a good 3DS game. You can love something knowing it's imperfect. Or you can accept that you don't like it's imperfections. In the end, it's all a matter of opinion, not facts.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
No I do not hate Majora's Mask (I don't hate any Zelda they are all great)...I do however hate the love that the game gets. I feel like many of it's fans view the game through rose-colored glasses. It's a great game but nearly every new game afterwards has surpased it in some way... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom