• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, are you saying something's different about Yiga? And if you are, mind pointing out what seems different? Because right now he's looking like he usually does, which doesn't say much since he looks scummy as town and scum.
Well, I've had seemingly bad timing on many very minor details in many previous games. That's just kind of coincidental, but I think it's a subconscious thing where I need to clear my name, and by doing that, I make myself look scummy. In fencing, there is right-of-way, just like when you are driving a car. Going for a touch without right of way is foolish, and so I try to earn myself right of way before I begin any kind of attack. Right of way is clearing my innocence, and attack is discussing the game and placing a vote.

So yeah, I try and make myself look innocent before I try and make a move, and that is very scummy and has cost me countless times.

Also, when I am not terribly engaged in a game, I jump on wagons and make opportunistic votes just because I have everyone else as an excuse. That is scummy (And to be honest, I was doing the same thing as mafia last game, but I do that as town too).

There are probably other things I do as town that make me look scummy, but those are my main reasons. Just watch out for that, but I'll try my best not to randomly jump on wagons and be opportunistic, so that way there is less confusion and mislynching.

This post right here confuses me greatly, something about this post ought to be AI but I can’t decide which way. He’s made posts like this before but this is I think the longest and most sensible version I’ve seen him make, which shows improvement but idk as which alignment.

I just sat and thought it out and I think this is yiga getting better at defending himself so he isn’t mislynched again, anyway that post is what I meant by different.

Yes thank you for the reminder 20 hours later :P tagging people at the start is a nice thing haha be a friendio

Hey friend.

Sorry for the lateness of my entry, I just got home from work & will eat then catch up on the thread.

If you ask for a reads list I'll ban you @funnier6 <3

WHERE MAH READS LIST?! :anger3d:

is my post good enough? I wanna sleeeeeeep.
Fine, get me something better when you get back. :P
I'm sad bc dinner sucked. :(

Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul.

Scummy/10

Not sure if just a newbie or trying to push a lynch, gonna go with the former though.

Damn it Funnier that's rude

Come on guys, don't be weird.

Don't tempt me ;P

I agree with this logic. If someone has a wagon forming you vote someone else. Gonna go with ME & give them the benefit of the doubt but someone I have my eye on.

A second RVS vote is very strange..

CWAC/10

what?

This is rude too

I like you!

I concur.

Always be vigilant.

YIGA is generally always cryptic on D1 while he figures out how to play his role. However we've had a few days for him to figure it out, so judge him harshly.

You got this, buddy!

Then stop complaining when people scumread you. That's what happens when you play scummy.

I do not like this. If he doesn't want to get lynched then he should play towny-town. He doesn't get an automatic pass.

I concur. Town read for ME.

Stop reminding me of my disappointing dinner :(

Soft claiming Miller? Noted.

Welcome Cheff & LG to my neck of the woods!

Down, boy! :P

I'm glad you agree with me!

Um... do you really think I was rude? o-o

Btw I wish everyone would look a little bit closer at my posts, I’m not giving Yiga a pass, I’m saying the scum reads on him right now are for a NAI reason and it annoys me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This post right here confuses me greatly, something about this post ought to be AI but I can’t decide which way. He’s made posts like this before but this is I think the longest and most sensible version I’ve seen him make, which shows improvement but idk as which alignment.

I just sat and thought it out and I think this is yiga getting better at defending himself so he isn’t mislynched again, anyway that post is what I meant by different.

Alright, that makes sense. Yiga usually doesn't seem to contribute as much as he did with that particular post, so you could be right about him trying to improve his play. Though it's still not exactly the greatest defense. He acknowledges that he plays scummy as town, which doesn't help town out. Instead of using it as an excuse constantly, he needs to realize what he's doing wrong and change that up. No one should get a pass for looking scummy as town, because then they'll get a pass for looking scummy as scum.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't really know how yiga plays because I don't ever recall playing a game with him. He does seem to play a bit like how I played when I first started. Drawing too much attention to himself and then once he gets heat on him he just goes "Oh that's just the way I play". Honestly it's a good way to get yourself killed early on. I know from experience. I don't know if I am reading scum on him or not. I'm kind of conflicted.

Funnier has some valid points so I don't necessarily read scum behavior, but again I'm still kind of conflicted.

I honestly just think Darth was just trying to move out of the RVS and into some serious discussion and I guess my rvsing a wagon vote stood out to him for me. Same as with the other 2 though I'm still conflicted.

The only reason I'm conflicted because this does seem like mid-late game scum behavior with all three but I feel like in the early stages of the game the scum would bring the least amount of attention as possible to them. So either the scum are lurking in the shadows or they already brought some heat upon themselves in day 1.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
So either the scum are lurking in the shadows or they already brought some heat upon themselves in day 1.
Aren't these the only two options, though? :P

Zachie's posts seem relatively sensible to me, which, based on my previous game with him, must mean that he's a Cult Leader.

ALL MIGHT is also looking very sensible, though if he is a Serial Killer, I suppose I can get him to softclaim that again. :P

The other ME brings up good points about YIGA, namely that saying: "I play scummy" is really not a good defense, and it really is NAI. The timing of his invite and reasoning behind said unvote still strike me as convenient, and if he really was concerned about accidentally leaving an RVS vote on by phase end, with over half the phase remaining, why place an RVS vote in the first place?

That said, I've already indicated that leaving YIGA alone is the best course of action for now, since he'll sort himself out, and if he doesn't, he's worth a lynch somewhere around D2-D3.

Can you two pick somebody to vote please? For getting people to talk purposes.
Not particularly liking this mentality from funnier, but I feel like that's more of a philosophical disagreement, as opposed to a scumtell. I can see that, based on YIGA's playstyle here and in OoT, he probably is an easily mislynched player, but I can ascribe either town or mafia motives to his adamance on preventing a D1 YIGA lynch.

Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth, which, I suppose, is two cents.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Well judging from what I've seen so far and from what I know of Yiga's former games, I'm going to lean towards town for now. He is definitely a scummy town player and I usually have trouble reading him and two other people in here.

Though I need to reread through all of this to feel more concrete about anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread