• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Confirmed

Not officially anime but I count it as: Weiss Schnee from RWBY.

I suspect Darth here more than Ayano because, well... he is Darth. In such a large game a third vote is nothing to be scared about, the 5th vote would be scary. I do think that Darth did this to create some conversation and thus gained some townie points.

That's what I just said :P

Softclaim much
Some of you've met me before, some haven't, I'm Lone, I come from Bulbagarden. And, yeah, I'm in this game now.

I always have trouble picking favourites of anything, but I still always like the Delivery God Yato.

This doesn't really relate to reads or anything, and is really just a mafia philosophy thing, but in my opinion, pressure votes lose all power the second you say it's pressure. People aren't gonna react in a genuine way if they know you don't mean the vote.

I don't like the feel of this. It just rubs me the wrong way when people pull meta on themselves. It feels like one of the laziest ways to defend yourself to just claim "it's how I always play", rather than using evidence from the relevant game to say why you're not scum. Others seem to agree, which makes me a little more willing to roll with it, but I'm not giving you a free pass or anything just because you've got a "scummy playstyle".

BTW, I highly advise against Cop checking me, it won't help.

Yay replacements, getting ready to hard scum read LG even though he’s town for the third time in a row. ;)

Can you two pick somebody to vote please? For getting people to talk purposes.
Lone and Cheff, you are here! Welcome. =]

Because you're Mafia? :right:

I saw that, Mezlo commented on how he did so in an opportunistic fashion. Once again, this is exactly how he played in Death Note.

con·done : accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue; disregard

In Mafia terms, that means dismissing scummy behavior that might link to someone being Mafia. You say that he's just playing as he always does and therefore should get overlooked. I'm willing to leave him be for now, but the way you're defending him has caught my eye.

Nope, nope, somethings different about him, idk whether it’s in a good way or a bad way but it sure isn’t that.

That wasn’t my question you, I asked if that was really all you had noticed. If I really wanted to know I would’ve googled it. :P

CheffOfGames

CheffOfClaims
It's nice to see you, too, Cheff. :)
A game where ME plays? You just know I have to see that for myself
I am not really one to throw around votes, I'd rather take a step back and examine the game and vote for someone who I genuinely believe to be anti-town than to change my vote every time a new post comes.

funnier6

Courage~
A game where ME plays? You just know I have to see that for myself

I am not really one to throw around votes, I'd rather take a step back and examine the game and vote for someone who I genuinely believe to be anti-town than to change my vote every time a new post comes.

What do you typically do when it’s day one and there’s nothing going on?

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Spider-Bok - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 1 (Spider-Bok)
Mellow Ezlo - 1 (walrusdawson)
Ayano Keiko - 1 (DarthWolf)
YIGAhim - 1 (Mido)
funnier6 - 1 (Minish_Link)
Zachie - 1 (Ayano Keiko)

Not voting - DekuNut, karu, Libk, TattooArtist, Zachie, CheffOfGames, Lone_Garurumon, Kylo Ken, Maniacal Engineer, NekoLily, YIGAhim, Mellow Ezlo, All Might

With 20 players alive it takes 11 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, November 9th 2017 at 11:00 PM CET.

@karu @Zachie just reminding you that this game has begun. ;)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Mez, the finding Yiga scummy for things like that is kinda getting old, he was scummy in bulba for keeping his vote on you and he’s scummy in this one for taking it off, make up your mind.

Personally am very not worried about Yiga and dont think anyone else should be.

I’m glad you’re annoying me already though, that’s a good sign. :P
ugh, I'm late to the punch on this, but scummy behaviour is scummy behaviour. idc if it's meta or not, YIGA plays relatively the same way as town and mafia, so there is 0 reason to be defending him like this. Honestly, this is a really dangerous mindset to have, and I don't like this at all.

Anyway, Mido already said what I would've said regarding YIGA, but it wasn't just the unvote that's noteworthy, it was the timing of it. It came immediately after Darth called out Keiko's vote on me, as if he was scared of being scrutinized for the same thing and unvoted to avoid that. At the time, I had only two votes on me, so he didn't need to unvote that quickly or there was no point placing a vote in the first place. It's a completely different circumstance from the DE game so idk why you're comparing them.
I don't want another situation where I am eliminated because I was literally unable to unvote when my computer died. Unlikely, but ya know...

I play scummy town. It is a fact none of you seem to get.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to get serious. I'm glad all of you decided to join me
I get it. You also play scummy scum, so it's not much of a defence. It's a cop out response that you use every game, whether you're town or you're actually scum.

If you were so worried about having a repeat of what happened to you in the DE game, then why did you vote in the first place? Your unvote came really quickly after your initial vote, and it was conveniently right after Keiko's vote was called out. No matter which way you look at it, it looks like you got scared and unvoted in an attempt to avoid scrutiny. It's neither a scum nor town tell really, but it's noteworthy.
hahahaha, two months ago I would've called this a solid scum tell, but having spent a fair amount of time at Bulba lately, Miller claims don't surprise me anymore. :P

karu

Panamaniac
Uuuggghhh
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Spider-Bok - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 1 (Spider-Bok)
Mellow Ezlo - 1 (walrusdawson)
Ayano Keiko - 1 (DarthWolf)
YIGAhim - 1 (Mido)
funnier6 - 1 (Minish_Link)
Zachie - 1 (Ayano Keiko)

Not voting - DekuNut, karu, Libk, TattooArtist, Zachie, CheffOfGames, Lone_Garurumon, Kylo Ken, Maniacal Engineer, NekoLily, YIGAhim, Mellow Ezlo, All Might

With 20 players alive it takes 11 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Thursday, November 9th 2017 at 11:00 PM CET.

@karu @Zachie just reminding you that this game has begun. ;)
Look at what I have to catch up on! No estoy happy vatos, no estoy happy

Reactions: Pen

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Yay replacements, getting ready to hard scum read LG even though he’s town for the third time in a row. ;)
It's like a tradition.

I'm not really sure about many people, but if I had to vote someone, it'd probably be YIGA. It's just the way he's rubbing me at the moment with the self-meta defence and I will admit the timing of that unvote was fishy.

Could we please also have something like "It will end at X, meaning the day will end in X hours"? Or maybe just a countdown clock. It's just a little easier than looking up timezone conversions online.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Nope, nope, somethings different about him, idk whether it’s in a good way or a bad way but it sure isn’t that.

Wait, are you saying something's different about Yiga? And if you are, mind pointing out what seems different? Because right now he's looking like he usually does, which doesn't say much since he looks scummy as town and scum.

CheffOfGames

CheffOfClaims
What do you typically do when it’s day one and there’s nothing going on?
I make a joke vote and after that reside in the background to see how people react to my vote and others, if I see something suspicious I call it out and comment on it and try to comment on messages I agree and disagree with. I only make a serious vote once there is proof of some sorts.

Zachie

Moo

funnier6

Courage~
ugh, I'm late to the punch on this, but scummy behaviour is scummy behaviour. idc if it's meta or not, YIGA plays relatively the same way as town and mafia, so there is 0 reason to be defending him like this. Honestly, this is a really dangerous mindset to have, and I don't like this at all.

Anyway, Mido already said what I would've said regarding YIGA, but it wasn't just the unvote that's noteworthy, it was the timing of it. It came immediately after Darth called out Keiko's vote on me, as if he was scared of being scrutinized for the same thing and unvoted to avoid that. At the time, I had only two votes on me, so he didn't need to unvote that quickly or there was no point placing a vote in the first place. It's a completely different circumstance from the DE game so idk why you're comparing them.

I get it. You also play scummy scum, so it's not much of a defence. It's a cop out response that you use every game, whether you're town or you're actually scum.

If you were so worried about having a repeat of what happened to you in the DE game, then why did you vote in the first place? Your unvote came really quickly after your initial vote, and it was conveniently right after Keiko's vote was called out. No matter which way you look at it, it looks like you got scared and unvoted in an attempt to avoid scrutiny. It's neither a scum nor town tell really, but it's noteworthy.

hahahaha, two months ago I would've called this a solid scum tell, but having spent a fair amount of time at Bulba lately, Miller claims don't surprise me anymore. :P
Nonsense, if we lynched Yiga for scummy behavior every time he’d never make it through day one.

Zero reason huh? Let me walk you through it AGAIN. 1 Day is going pretty boring, 2 Yiga does something scummy 3 everybody jumps on it because a scum read on Yiga is the easiest thing in the world. Have you noticed he’s won both his scum games? That’s cause the mafia tries to lynch him when he’s not mafia, and when he is mafia he’s more likely to be in the background somewhere trying not to draw attention to himself. I’m comparing them because it’s the exact reverse circumstance he was lynched for in that game.

I’m not exactly defending Yiga, you know how I get when I see reads I don’t like. If you were town reading him for some dumb reason I’d be yelling at you too.

Zachie

Moo
I'm sad bc dinner sucked. :(

Now for the jarring anime scumtest: Who is your favorite anime protagonist? Mine would be Emiya Kiritsugu, the one and true Hero of Justice!
Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul.

Oh btw. Everyone give me your Halloween candy.
Scummy/10
Vote: Mellow Ezlo

He seemed to want to jump in and lynch me right away. why so eager to kill me?
Not sure if just a newbie or trying to push a lynch, gonna go with the former though.

You’re not gonna go disappearing are you?

Just want to make sure you’re here for when I start scum reading you. :P
Damn it Funnier that's rude

You swallow

You gargle

Thats racist

Come on guys, don't be weird.

What are you gonna do, ban me? :right:

Don't tempt me ;P

If you notice that there are enough people on him with joke votes then why did you not pick someone else? I get that you wanted to vote him from the start, but if there is enough on him then you should consider someone else.

This looks to me like a bandwagon which is trying to be hidden.
Vote: Ayano Keiko
I agree with this logic. If someone has a wagon forming you vote someone else. Gonna go with ME & give them the benefit of the doubt but someone I have my eye on.

Unvote

Vote: mido

Doesn’t even know he’s a mod what a scrub probably doesn’t even know his role lol
A second RVS vote is very strange..

Right no one to vote for right now
CWAC/10

what?

Vote bok with me so people will talk about it. :)
This is rude too

Unvoting me just to revote me. You must like me.
I like you!

Actually if anything, darths reaction to AK gives me a slight town read on him.
I concur.

Mez, the finding Yiga scummy for things like that is kinda getting old, he was scummy in bulba for keeping his vote on you and he’s scummy in this one for taking it off, make up your mind.
Always be vigilant.

So I don't know how to take the current Yiga situation, but that's a quick defense from you funny, maybe a little too quick....o_O
YIGA is generally always cryptic on D1 while he figures out how to play his role. However we've had a few days for him to figure it out, so judge him harshly.

Why is it that every time I try to ****ing play this game work gets crazy. Two ****ing call outs tonight, I might have to close and turn my 10 hour shift into an 18, then I'm back at 10 am tomorrow. I'll try to be around before day ends but considering nothing is happening I may wait until we have more nfo tomorrow to post again. Idfk
You got this, buddy!

I play scummy town. It is a fact none of you seem to get.
Then stop complaining when people scumread you. That's what happens when you play scummy.

Let me shake it for you, Yiga is basically mislynch bait in all caps as town so the best thing to do is keep him around and wait for him to sort himself out.
I do not like this. If he doesn't want to get lynched then he should play towny-town. He doesn't get an automatic pass.

For now, I think it best to leave YIGA be, and to keep a close potential eye on both him and funnier for future interactions between them.
I concur. Town read for ME.

and it could just be my dinner disagreeing with me.
Stop reminding me of my disappointing dinner :(

Soft claiming Miller? Noted.

Ghirahimiscool and Amy Lu Minati have now been replaced by @CheffOfGames and @Lone_Garurumon respectively. Welcome to the game! :^^:
Welcome Cheff & LG to my neck of the woods!

Because you're Mafia? :right:
Down, boy! :P

I'm glad you agree with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom