• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
minish, have you said your anime before?
apologies if you have
rubik, have you said your anime before?
apologies if you have

mine's Jojo, not that either of you need reminding
I haven't said the name of it before.

This one. I've been watching it throughout the game because I hadn't seen it before getting my role.

You could maybe figure out my character based on things funnier said about what information he got after I sprung my trick question on him and he tried to downplay what he excluded. Also, based on how I've been acting for some of the game, because I thought it would be fun. (:

It turns out my impression of the character from my role pm was not entirely accurate from what I've seen of the show, though, but not wholy inaccurate.

I know I said to ignore the funnier stuff but like
I don't know if I can fathom funnier falling on the sword like that for rubik's sake
not even really anything rubik did; I don't know if I can underestimate funnier's pride there

I can definitely, definitely see him asking Minish to defend him

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I kinda feel like if Rubik were town he should have been dead by now. Like he was townread from the very beginning and then he caused the lynch on funnier.

And there has to be some reason funnier pulled that 3rd party card. That's what's confusing me the most. When it comes to that I think Sun Fan is the likely scum with him. And that funnier claimed 3rd party so Sun Fan could have easy reason to lynch him if needed. Though like, Rubik and funnier could have done it to set up the ultimate distancing because no one would expect that out of those two.

I'm not sure what to make of Sun Fan being certain funnier was scum over 3rd party, then thinking 3rd party briefly before ultimately thinking scum again before the flip.

Also, Rubik seems to be saying that his role does to him whatever someone else does. So funnier uses rolecop, Rubik gets a rolecop check on funnier. But Sun Fan supposedly used his role on Rubik....and yeah that's leading me no where because either one could be lying in that situation.

Whichever one of you is town needs to look hard into the other person. You're both leaning me right now and that's the wrong move. I'm trying my hardest to figure this out, but it ultimately won't matter if you all are voting me.

The thing is, I know this emotional play is within both of your scum ranges. But you can go back and look at games and see that I'm only this way if I'm town. I don't fake this kind of emotion as scum because it's just too hard for me. Take all the meta you know on me and see how much applies to this game. Sun Fan has gauged his read on me just by how much I've posted alone. Which is just as telling this game.

Also @Rubik I wanna know why you wouldn't vote LG yesterday? Even when Sun Fan was around and not voting, you told him to hammer when you could have yourself.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Also @Rubik I wanna know why you wouldn't vote LG yesterday? Even when Sun Fan was around and not voting, you told him to hammer when you could have yourself.
In case they had an ability that killed someone on their wagon. They said they had a passive ability so if they were town, it was a possibility.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Of course I have to be left with the two highest posters, so it's going to be super hard if I try to ISO both of you. I'm going to check out vote counts first and see if those are telling.

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
All Might - 7 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight, Morbid Minish, The Sun Fan, Rubik, Silverfish)
Funnygurl555 - 3 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, HeroOfTime, All Might)
Silverfish - 2 (LittleGumball, funnier6)
Calvin ツ - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)

Not voting - Laurentus, Calvin ツ, Mellow Ezlo

Both on the same person end of day 1. Not really telling because no mafia were in danger, so there was no trying to save one. And to mafia both FG and All Might would be town.

Looking at votes before eod... (I didn't quote every single count, but the ones I left out mostly nothing changed or didn't seem too important)
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
funnier6 - 2 (Mellow Ezlo, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Rubik - 4 (funnier6, Doc, HeroOfTime, Silverfish)
DekuNut - 1 (ExLight)
Calvin ツ - 1 (Calvin ツ)
funnier6 - 2 (Mellow Ezlo, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Rubik - 4 (funnier6, Doc, HeroOfTime, Silverfish)
DekuNut - 2 (ExLight, Calvin ツ)
Calvin ツ - 1 (Rubik)
The Sun Fan - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (LittleGumball)
funnier6 - 1 (Mellow Ezlo)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
DekuNut - 2 (ExLight, Calvin ツ)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Doc - 3 (All Might, HeroOfTime, funnier6)
Laurentus - 1 (Spiritual Mask Salesman)
All Might - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Funnygurl555 - 1 (Rubik)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
DekuNut - 1 (ExLight)
ExLight - 2 (DekuNut, Mellow Ezlo)
Doc - 3 (All Might, HeroOfTime, funnier6)
All Might - 1 (Ragnarokio)
funnier6 - 1 (Rubik)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
The Sun Fan - 1 (Rubik)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 2 (LittleGumball, The Sun Fan)
Doc - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 3 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, Morbid Minish)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
The Sun Fan - 1 (Rubik)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 2 (LittleGumball, The Sun Fan)
Doc - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 2 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555)
DekuNut - 1 (Morbid Minish)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Johnny Sooshi - 1 (The Sun Fan)
Doc - 1 (funnier6)
All Might - 3 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Rubik)
Silverfish - 1 (LittleGumball)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Funnygurl555 - 4 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Rubik, HeroOfTime, All Might)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Silverfish - 3 (LittleGumball, funnier6, Morbid Minish)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
Silverfish - 3 (LittleGumball, funnier6, Morbid Minish)
funnier6 - 1 (The Sun Fan)
Rubik - 1 (Doc)
ExLight - 1 (DekuNut)
All Might - 6 (Ragnarokio, Funnygurl555, ExLight, Morbid Minish, The Sun Fan, Rubik)
Funnygurl555 - 3 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, HeroOfTime, All Might)

Okay, so the known mafia did quite a bit of voting with each other actually on d1.
Funnier went from voting Rubik, to Doc, to Silver.
Hero went Rubik, Doc, FG.
LG went Johnny to Silver.
Rubik was on Calvin, FG, funnier, Sun Fan, All Might.
Sun Fan was on Johnny (with LG), funnier, and All Might.

Assuming Rubik is mafia, funnier and Hero both voted for him at some point. And he voted for funnier.
Assuming Sun Fan is mafia, no scumbuds voted for him but he did vote for funnier.
So no matter what scum was bussing funnier from d1. I kinda think Rubik comes out looking better here because at one point he had 2 mafia on him and was at 4 votes. Also if we're looking at scum voting together, Sun Fan and LG both were voting for Johnny at one point.

Day 2 vote counts.
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
funnier6 - 1 (Rubik)
Funnygurl555 - 1 (funnier6)
funnier6 - 1 (Rubik)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (funnier6, ExLight)
All Might - 1 (Morbid Minish)
Silverfish - 2 (Irvine, All Might)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Ragnarokio)
funnier6 - 2 (Rubik, The Sun Fan)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (funnier6, ExLight)
All Might - 2 (Morbid Minish, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Ragnarokio)
funnier6 - 3 (Rubik, The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555)
Funnygurl555 - 3 (funnier6, ExLight, Ragnarokio)
funnier6 - 4 (The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, MixMasterLar, Rubik)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (funnier6, Ragnarokio)
Silverfish - 2 (All Might, Irvine)
The Sun Fan - 2 (ExLight, Silverfish)
funnier6 - 7 (The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio, MixMasterLar, Irvine)
Funnygurl555 - 1 (funnier6)
Silverfish - 1 (All Might)
The Sun Fan - 1 (ExLight)
Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
funnier6 - 8 (The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio, MixMasterLar, Irvine, funnier6)

Silverfish - 1 (All Might)
The Sun Fan - 1 (ExLight)

Not voting - DekuNut, Laurentus, LittleGumball, Silverfish

Day 2 actually isn't very telling.
LG doesn't vote at all, funnier stays on FG til he hammers himself, and All Might (hero) stays on Silver.
Rubik starts the day voting for funnier, unvotes at some point and then turns the tides back towards funnier and becomes the 4th vote.
Sun Fan votes funnier as the 2nd vote.
It seems like between the time that Rubik unvoted then revoted funnier, other wagons were starting to gain more traction. Though the only other mafia wagon at the time was All Might. (Unless Sun Fan is mafia, in which case it doesn't matter what Rubik did because then he would just be town).
I think Rubik comes out looking a little better here?

Day 3
Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
Funnygurl555 - 1 (Rubik)
Morbid Minish - 2 (MixMasterLar, Silverfish)
Silverfish - 1 (Irvine)
Irvine - 1 (Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (Rubik, LittleGumball)
Irvine - 2 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Irvine)
Funnygurl555 - 2 (Rubik, LittleGumball)
Irvine - 3 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio, The Sun Fan)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Irvine)
Day 3 Final Vote Tally:
Funnygurl555 - 1 (Rubik)
Irvine - 6 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio, The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, LittleGumball, Irvine)
Day 3 Final Vote Tally:
Funnygurl555 - 1 (Rubik)
Irvine - 6 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, Ragnarokio, The Sun Fan, Funnygurl555, LittleGumball, Irvine)

Day 3 All Might doesn't vote at all and LG votes with both Rubik and Sun Fan at certain points.
Rubik starts out with a vote on FG and stays there.
Sun Fan only votes Irvine as the 3rd vote.
Again, I think Sun Fan looks worse here as the 3rd vote on town.

Day 4
Day 4 Current Vote Tally:
All Might - 2 (Morbid Minish, Silverfish)
Silverfish - 2 (All Might, LittleGumball)
Day 4 Current Vote Tally:
All Might - 2 (Rubik, Ragnarokio)
Day 4 Final Vote Tally:
All Might - 5 (Ragnarokio, Morbid Minish, Rubik, The Sun Fan, Silverfish)

All Might and LG both vote on Silver together all day. Makes sense considering All Might was the other competing wagon.
Rubik is on All Might after myself and Silver unvote to hammer as requested.
Both Rubik and Sun Fan are on All Might at eod, Rubik being the tie breaker vote.

Day 5
Day 5 Current Vote Tally:

Not voting - Rubik, The Sun Fan, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Morbid Minish, Silverfish
Day 5 Final Vote Tally:
LittleGumball - 4 (Morbid Minish, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Silverfish, The Sun Fan)

LG starts on Silver.
Everyone else ends on LG except Rubik, who waited for Sun Fan to hammer.

Neither looks better than the other here really, seeing as LG was a done deal. However, my paranoia wonders if LG was actually vengeful and scumbud Rubik knew that so wanted only town on the wagon. If the vengeful didn't take effect until night, I could have been the random vote selected, but my commuter made it so I didn't die. That's a tinfoil theory though.

So the vote analysis came out different than I expected. I kinda think Sun Fan looks worse over all. Though tbh, it's not super telling because I can see Rubik voting the way he did as scum as well. If Sun Fan is scum, he only bussed funnier of his own accord and was sort of backed into bussing All Might and LG.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Kinda feel like it's just a shot in the dark for me at this point. My gut is saying Sun Fan is town and Rubik is scum. My brain is saying Rubik is town and Sun Fan is scum.

I think I might just have to go with Sun Fan being scum?

Not gonna lie, I just really want to best a team of funnier/lg/all might/which ever one of you it is. Because that's one heck of a strong mafia team.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The fact that LittleGumball was LordGenome (both have the initials LG) really amuses me, btw.

It makes sense that she was probably a roleblocker of some sort because he was all about inhibiting the potential of mankind.

Fun Fun definitely had an investigator role.

Idk what All Might 2 was.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't really like the 50% bomb / 50% commute claim all that much, especially when we probably still have the Godfather alive and my role is close enough to the bomb half of that claim to make NKing extremely hazardous.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Alrighty, reads.

@Rubik - Rubik's case and pish on funnier seemed like it came from town, would be really stupid if it came from scum (there was still time to save funnier before his final lie that earned Robin's vote) and was pretty much voluntarily on his part. Asked for a case on SunFan, looks like he's getting to it.
Shouldn't be much of a debate here: town

@The Sun Fan - the case on funnier happening so soon really doesn't seem like bussing, but looking back I get that it's the only thing SunFan has going for him

His Day 0 was garbo and poking at funnier's soft is about as spicy as he got, and when I called him out all he had to say was that he wasn't being lazy, just doesn't know how to play Mafia here. Which is weird. Dude's experience makes mine look like a freshly made turd.

He's also deflected having to give thoughts on me when Funny ask and it made me realize he hasn't even really attempted to read or prod me all game. It's common he just ignores me the first few days but normally SunFan gets paranoid that I'm the perfect wolf and will start pushing hard on me by now. I know he's about to confess that he doesn't know how and is simply choosing not to at the moment, but not knowing how sure as **** didn't stop him last game we played.

It's just that the lynch really is some dumb ****ing **** as wolf, since I know he can handle pressure and know he can lie with the rest of them. He could have probably ignored funnier until Rubik made his play and bussed then. Not reason to make it the sole idea you have all phase, even well before I joined, if you're partners.

I'll let Rubik try to solve him. Slight Town for now.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman - I would have much rather SMS claimed instead of Irvine, but it's whatever at this point. Need to hear what he has to say about Irvine's claim. He didnt pist much because of Dorian, which i 100% understand, and hopefully now that the storm's passed he'll get more work done.
Update: just called Levine's vote an OMGUS and....naw, if Irvine is town and you're forcing him to claim while being really coy on your info, then that's a fine vote. As the accuser I much rather you had outted.
Update again: he's calling out Irvine for lying. Spicy indeed

Also, I specifically asked for no partial reads :( even if they are null, please explain why they are null. The Game had progressed far enough that everyone should have something to say about everyone at this point. Case in point: I would put you at null, but that didn't stop me from having thoughts about you.

The case is still open on SMS. Null.

@Morbid Minish - in this slot, all Minish has done is defend Funnier and shade anyway jumping on funnier or herself as scum looking for easy targets, with like slight poking her or there. Getting Minish to do anything else basically requires you to rile her up it seems --- which is easy to do apparently because even even 90% of the game thinks her actions are NAI the fact I voted for her makes Minish go on a hard, emotionally based defense. Its not a great look.

Probably not on a team with Irvine, unless she can fake anger really well.

Probably not on a team with Silverfish because of Silverfish's vote this phase

Scum lean, but probably not a great lynch this phase.

@All Might - I don't care much for his play. I don't really remember a stance he's taking either and that's a bad sign. I believe in both slots he has like less then half my postcount. And yeah I double post, but I've also been here half the time so you know, that's garbo.

I don't know if he's town with not that much time and wanting to keep the game chill (since no real investigative work) or scum letting his partners call the shots. Dude needs to step it up.

Null/slightest scum lean. Gut tells me he's probably a miss tho.

@Funnygurl555 - Funny's claim to fame is not being here for most of d0, placing an actual OMGUS vote on All Might for some flimsy reasons, and then claiming she's hot **** when All Might flipped 3P.

She then places an early vote on Funnier when it looks like that wagon will never happen (remember before I subbed, most where willing to give him the benefit of the doubt including Rubik) and peaced out again.

She now is going around saying she's confirmed town, without doing any of the leading that a confirmed town should do; no prodding, no reads, questions, no nothing. I mean, she isn't confirmed town obviously but I would buy into townFunny more if she acted like it instead of just saying it.

Scum, would lynch.

@Ragnarokio - mindmelded d2 with him on a few things, especially on that late comers to funnier's wagon get no cred at that point. Funnier push felt good and I have no reason to suspect him atm.

If Irvine tells the truth about his role then he isn't the scum killing power (when flavor is considered)

Want to hear more from him for sure, but I think he's probably town

@Silverfish - that Minish vote be gross af dawg. I didn't grill Silver at the time because I wanted to see what Minish would do with the pressure but this dude got less then 40 posts and still thinks you play TWG by sheeping a vote and dipping hard. It's old.

Of everyone today his reads will be the most valuable to have on hand. And no Silver, I don't need them go be accurate, I just need them.

Probably never a scum with Minish
Probably never a scum with Irvine

if this is the extent of effort he's willing to do, then I will say scum. Could vote for him this phase.

@LittleGumball - hasn't caught up, only gave partial reads. At this point in the game I feel like there's less and less of an excuse to not at least know the current state of the game and have thoughts. Hell, we have 48 hour nights; catching up shouldn't be that big of a deal. I get life happens. Hell, I've been typing this on my phone for the last 45 minutes so I get it's hard to pop in and just devote pure mafia time to playing mafia. but Town gotta play to town's wincon, that requires work and I don't see serious work.

The fair place to place LG null, but she needs to at least drop full reads when she posts if her activity is gonna be low.

@MixMasterLar - Lar is a high quality poster who posts full reads on phone at work while being awesome and rocking the worlds sexiest ponytail . Ok so his job has a **** ton of downtime and it isn't that impressive. So? Also holds the World record to the Namco arcade game Phozon. You can watch that video in his Best of Lar 2017 playlist on the YouTubes.

@Irvine - his target for his....idk saving block was really bad. Like really bad. Threw shade at Silver but didn't seem to suspect him enough to target him. We argued about the funnier discussion for a bit and he threatened to vote me, but nothing came of it. He mindmelds with me this phase about Minish though.

There's a part of me that suspects SMS was trying to force a claim out of someone who he saw a soft from, but I'll be the first to admit that if someone where to fake a claim this'll be an easy fake. Doctors and blocks are just easy for scum to fake in general. It's also convenient (but sadly, realistic) that he didn't have a target d0, which would have been a great help in possibly clearing someone as not a KP.

There are also...reasons that I question this role exists.

With SMS now making a hard push, let's see hear happens. This case is still open. I need to hear and see more from both of these players.
Oof. Well, at least that narrows down some scum interest. I can't pinpoint why, but tag still doesn't sit right with me. I don't know what to make of All might 2.0, but ill go back and try and get a better read.
Minish seems okay for now, despite voting her yesterday. LG I'll also have to go back for.
Only people I'm sure of are sun and Rubik as town.
since people seem to think LG won't provide any useful information anyways

All Might - Low presence in thread. Matches his D1 play. His claim is excessively safe, abandoning any responsibility for anybody he may have targeted. Parasyte is also a very violent anime so I would have expected a killing role, and there are no shortage of villains in this anime. I don't like his play but i feel like its more likely a result of his meta than his alignment.

LG - Largely inactive, no read.

Silver - Implied that they were vanilla until targeted. Now claims to have an investigative role that works on dead people and also implies that they can or could gain more abilities, but claims to have been unaffected by my targeting them. They probably got their ability N2 which implies they were targeted by someone that night, but nobody claims to have targeted them .It could be all might, LG, FG, or whoever else died last night, or it could be scum lying about their targets. Its also possible i'm misinterpreting Silver's role, in which case they should not say anything risky in response without confirming that its alright with pen first. Its hard for me to imagine why they wouldn't have used their ability last night but it might make more sense in the context of their full role. I feel like they're probably telling the truth about their role. @All Might : Is there a character from Made in Abyss who could learn or evolve or improve via interacting with others?

Rubik - He used his role to catch funnier so he probably isn't scum.

Sms - unless someone else counters the OPM claim i doubt he's scum.

Sun Fan - Unsure. Would probably need to deep read to form a meaningful opinion on him.

Minish - top scumspect. Hard defended funnier day 2. People say they would have bussed as scum, but i can easily see someone initially supporting their ally and then deciding that switching to bussy would appear scummier than hard supporting and appearing stubborn, especially if bussing is their usual meta. I think most players would interpret funnier's role as anti-town and I'm not convinced that minish would normally interpret funnier's lyncher variant as being pro-town, although i can buy that she might want to lynch for scum ahead of getting rid of a confirmed lyncher. The degree to which she seemed to defend funnier seemed to imply to me that she was him as a valuable asset to town though, and that attitude seems misplaced to me. Furthermore, her roleclaim is safe, and is one place where the missing target on silver could be. Considering irvine was capable of protecting other players, and i also have a protective role, i doubt minish is capable of protecting other players, which coincides with her lack of ability to target. It follows that she's probably only able to protect herself, which seems to fit more easily into scum than into town with two protective roles.

My preference for a lynch today is Minish > All Might > LG > Sun Fan > Silver > Rubik > SMS
It's funny because I could say the same now. Though I'm feeling you [sun sun] and LG over minish at the moment, if you flip scum, that makes it more likely Minish is your scumbud. So why don't we kill LG and see what happens?
Hmm, I mean, Silverfish looks hella scummy and all, but LG doesn't look any better. Blocking me to make sure I didn't do something contridictory to what I said I would last night is a huge what if. Aside from that, again, if LG is Town it makes no strategic sense unless I tinfoil Rubik.

Why Rubik? Because I know Rubik like screwing with people by creating wifom situations. But do I think Rubik would defer to setting up some elaborate wifom situation for today by blocking me from targeting hypothetical Town LG last night, rather than just taking the strategic advantage? I'd say hypothetical scum Rubik takes the strategic advantage hands down.

So, LG must be scum otherwise hypothetical scum Rubik decided to win with added flair, and if this hypothetical scenario were indeed the case I'd tip my hat to him. I don't think that is the case, however.

The PoE remains LG, Silver, Minish imo. Silver is probably the scumbud they've been desperately trying to bus to get town pants. If Silver isn't scum, it has to be Minish.

Vote: LG

Just posting some reads from dead townies for reference. Seems like most of the nks killed people who distrusted minish, although I'm not sure how reliable that line of thought is.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Of course they were because everyone was suspicious of me after defending funnier. Which I still don't get, because I've never seen scum hard defend scum like that.

Every other second I keep flipping from it being Sun Fan to it being Rubik. But it probably won't even matter because from the looks of it I won't be the one making the decision.

Also, I would have came up with a better fake claim than something that looks as scummy as bomb/commuter if I were scum. Why would I risk two roles in one when someone could possibly counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom