• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

C5nlbe8.jpg

– Page 2 –

Foswell in Fetters
By Ned Leeds

Last night, after a spectacular bout with that spectacular Spider-Man, the Bugle's very own Turin, also known as Frederick Foswell, was revealed to be the Mafia don "Big Man". He solidly held his own, but was defeated by the costumed hero and subsequently arrested for his crimes. However, according to rumor, there is a chance for Foswell to be redeemed if his old boss bails him out and hires him back. Whether the fine folk at the Bugle are willing to forgive him, well, that remains to be seen.

Foswell's connections to a group known as the Enforcers is suspected. This group has been linked to Daniel "Fancy Dan" Brito, who is suspected of being responsible for the murder of friend of the Bugle John Jonah Jameson III.

With the Big Man and Electro arrested and the mafia don Hammerhead deceased, our investigation into Turin has revealed that there is still at least one non-mafia threat remaining in the active player pool, as of last night. There may still be hope for the Town! Remember to stick together, New York City!

[Bolded lines in this article are mechanically confirmed and fact checked by the mod as true.]

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 3 –

Letters to the Editor

Matt Murdock said:
LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Citizens have every right to be concerned about the recent crime wave and gang violence. As an attorney, this kind of thing is my business, and while I'm usually facing the material in such a way as to be heard in and only in court, troubling recent developments have come to my attention through unofficial channels, such that I feel obliged to divulge the details here for the public good.

First, the "Mafia" in this city started out with several opposed Dons vying for the title of "Kingpin of Crime". These dons are known to have included the late Crime Master, Wilson Fisk (despite evidence that he at least at one point did not hold the actual "mafia" alignment), Hammerhead, and The Big Man. Not all of these necessarily had substantial followings, but some did. Individual members of the mafia could be released (becoming Survivors) by the death of their Don or by their Don's leave; it's unknown if this applies to all members or only certain provisional members.

Previous appearances by "The Kingpin of Crime", meanwhile, are known to have multiple individuals responsible for them, as various parties claimed the name at different points over the last few days. Further, it's worth noting that the Mafia has acquired quite a few illegal firearms, and can use these guns in order to violate the protections normally afforded to citizens.

Recently, however, a meeting of the surviving Dons was called, at which it's reported an individual calling himself "The Green Goblin" was in attendance. The details of this meeting are unknown to my sources, but the result was evidently a truce between the major opposed houses, leaving it up in the air what would become of the competition among the city's underworld for the title "Kingpin of Crime". Or at least, that's how it would have rested save for an encounter that a friend and client of mine suffered.

Suffice to say, I was surprised to hear that my friend had been visited by certain rough individuals, claiming service to a particular but unnamed party. Having a letter personally delivered by courier would be strange enough, though not unheard of given the treatment that witnesses to major crimes are sometimes given, but in the contents the unnamed author declared that soon the titles of both "Kingpin of Crime" and "Green Goblin" would soon be held together by this single individual, suggesting that the previously unknown Green Goblin that attended the meeting may have brokered a unification of the previously disparate mob forces, or else might have the power to coerce the mafia dons into line. My friend did not know who else to turn to, but seeing as this is not related to the events for which I am retained as a lawyer, I think it worthwhile to add in as a matter of public knowledge.

Even as a blind man, I can see that little good would come from this "Green Goblin", or any of the Dons, securing a stranglehold over New York. Our fair city has endured some tough times, that's true, so New Yorkers need to band together in a moment like this in order to answer the rising threat. The police and courts are doing all they can, especially in terms of maintaining the coordination necessary to see these threatening figures arrested. The recent incidents of masked vigilantes, such as The Human Torch and Spider-Man, may be taken as heartening signs by some, but New Yorkers need to be aware that we can't sit idly by and allow days to pass in vain while waiting for supposed "Superheroes" to solve our problems -- this is a matter we need to take ourselves, through the legal avenues that have always been available. Now is a time for action vote wisely and be sure to write your local city council representatives to ensure they're taking action!

Innocent citizens seeking legal counsel in these trying times are encouraged to inquire at my office. Rates are negotiable.

-Matt Murdock, of Nelson & Murdock

Dear Mr. Murdock,

Interesting stuff. Happy to see the creation of more Self-aligned survivors so long as none of them are threats to the Town.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Ok, so here's what I want to write to write in a letter to the editor anonymously.

I have hard evidence that Exlight is Joesph Hammerhead Maggia Don. I'm not sure whether they are really silenced. They are roleblocked at the time of writing, so being silenced does seem possible. It could be part of the gang war. Maybe the newspaper can investigate further?

- A helpful citizen

Dear Anonymous,

It looks like everyone knows Ex's identity pretty definitively now, but the role-blocking is news to me.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Character Name: Clark Kent
Player Name: Dekunut
Alignment: Lawful Good
Desired Salary: $500 a day
Why We Should Hire You: I'm just a small town country boy from Smallville, USA. I graduated from Gotham University in Journalism, and I can write quite the Article

Dear Anonymous,

Very funny, Storm.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Dear Editor,

My dog got arrested for peeing on my ex's lawn and I just found out that my "sister" is actually three gnomes in a trenchcoat. What do I do?

-Confused in Connecticut

Dear Confused in Connecticut,

Maybe post about it on Reddit or something, they'll believe anything. This is above my paygrade.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Great puzzle last issue!

This is clearly the view through a rifle scope of a person gardening at night. So I guess the answer is "sniper".

Also, is this a threat?

Sincerely,
Your Fearful Nocturnal Watering-Can man

Dear Anonymous,

Thanks,

The correct answer is actually
cobweb

-Ed.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 4 –

Editor's Note—Green Goblin Grabs the Gold?
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Dear Readers,

The Green Goblin, after possibly killing ExLight, declared himself the new Kingpin of Crime. Many speculate that his identity is KoD, but it's still too soon to say. Thanks to his murdering of our photographer, we've been forced to make due without any photographs for the time being.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 5 –

ExLight ExTerminated
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Last night ExLight, also known as Joseph Hammerhead was killed. He is alleged to be the mafia aligned don of the Hammerhead-Mafia group (a sub-alignment of the fractured mafia). Had we managed to succeed to meet his threshhold, he would have been lynched. The reason we were unable to ever contact him via wire-transfer for comment has been discovered since there was no bank account found matching his name. Is ExLight really who he said he was and just good at hiding his money? We may never know now.

ExLight is suspected to have been killed by the Green Goblin, who remains at large.

[Bolded information in this article is mechanically confirmed, but not fact-checked by the mod.]

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 6 –

JJJ's Rants—The Menace Strikes Again
By J. Jonah Jameson

Another night has come to pass with another murder being committed while this supposed Spider vigilante does nothing about it. Instead this Spider Jerk decided to trash a car with the Big Man while pretending to be “helping” this community. You tell me how wanton destruction is supposed to help any community? I’ll wait.

The fact of the matter is this Spider clown is no better than the petty thugs he plays with each night. I know it. You know it. He knows it. It is no surprise he hides his face behind that mask, he has to hide the shame of stealing precious resources from the city and framing innocent men!

One day perhaps this fool will see the error of his ways and take great responsibility for the miscarriage of justice he’s currently subjecting us all to and turn himself in. When that day comes I hope I’m there to see them rip that stupid mask off his stupid face.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 7 –

Spider-Man "Frames" Daily Bugle Staff Member?
By J. Jonah Jameson

Eye witness reports have been trickling in all night of a battle between The Big Man and the recent vigilante arrival, Spider-Man. The two shared a back and forth on the streets of the city with no regard for civilian causalities. Luckily, the two managed to not do serious harm to all involved with the exception of what is speculated to be the District Attorney’s brand new BMW. The Big Man managed to give the Spider the slip at some point during the fight. Unsubstantiated reports indicate that Spider-Man then acquired the Big-Man’s costume before planting it at the home of Frederick Foswell in order to have him arrested as the Big Man. The authorities, however, have confirmed that Big Man's identity is, in fact Fredrick Foswell. Foswell now finds himself behind bars with a $45,300 bail while awaiting trial.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 8 –

Advertisements

Hostess_5.jpg

b374356e6dce61366e094b3e591e24b8.png

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 9 –

Classifieds - The Daily Bugle is now Hiring!

The Daily Bugle is looking to hire a photographer, reporters, and possibly other staff.

Please write a Letter to the Editor validated by your character name with your character name, player name, alignment, desired salary and anything you'd like to say about why you think we should hire you.

Application enclosed below.

Application said:
Character name:
Player name:
Alignment:
Desired salary:
Why we should hire you:

Puzzle Corner

Daily Bugle Connections Link

image.png

(I didn't actually sort colors by difficulty necessarily).

Solicitation

PLEASE BE SURE TO REACT TO THE DAILY BUGLE AND SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR EVERY DAY TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT THE DAILY BUGLE.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 10 –
Daily Funny

Calvin and Hobbes

image.png

Nancy
Ffo-bzlX0AAJjDJ.png

Heathcliff
image.png

Daily Bugle Archives
:goverhere:

<< First Issue | < Last Issue | Game Status Post | Next Issue > | Final Issue >>

Last edited:
DING-DING!

There goes that familiar sound that signifies the start of the corporate Day.
The Stock Exchange is now OPEN!

And we're actually going to start things off with an AUCTION!

We'd like to apologize, we're a little behind on redistributing some of these Corporate Shares, but frankly, with the loss of Power a few Days ago, it is a wonder we aren't more behind.

Up for grabs are
3 Daily Bugle corporate shares! They are being auctioned off as a single unit.

Anyone can bid on these shares in private by PM to the Mod. You can bid any amount you like.

The highest bidder will get the shares after the Third Vote Count is posted, or at End of Day, whichever comes first.

Bidding on this auction does not consume your once-per-Day purchase from the Stock Exchange. You can bid on this auction and make another purchase as normal.

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

GAME STATUS PAGE

CURRENT DEADLINE

IT IS NOW DAY 5. Day 5's Deadline has been set for Monday, October 2nd at 7 PM Eastern Time.

Click here for an accurate countdown.

CURRENT VOTE COUNT

KingofDominaria (4): Tevish Szat, Andjalo, dragonteacup, Spider-Man,
Spider-Man (1*): HangryHangryHippo

*You can't normally vote Mafia/Sock accounts, but for some reason, HHH can. This vote will actually apply to whoever is controlling the Spider-Man Puppet.

With 4 votes against, KingofDominaria is at M-5 (unless he is Spider-Man, in which case he'd be at M-4 because of HHH's vote).

Click here to navigate to the Day 5 Amazing First Vote Count

STOCK EXCHANGE
Currently  OPEN.

The Daily Bugle: None
Fisk International: Norman Osborn
OsCorp: Norman Osborn
Roxxon Energy Corporation: Norman Osborn

ONGOING EVENTS / EFFECTS

Storyline: Gang War: Part 5 - "The War Ends!"

Turin was bailed out of Jail.

The Stock Exchange is holding an AUCTION for 3 Daily Bugle shares.

PLAYER STATUS

Mod Note: Crossed-out player names represent previously held characters and do not count as being "a player in this pool" for the purposes of abilities and win conditions that care how many players are in a given pool.

ACTIVE PLAYERS

1. Andjalo
  2. Asfinyti
  3. Asfinyti
  4. Asfinyti
  5. Captan_Lunch
  6. Doc
  7. dragonteacup
  8. Freddeh
  9. HangryHangryHippo
  10. KingofDominaria
  11. lain
  12. LittleGumball
  13. Princess Abigail
  14. Ragnarokio
  15. Rubik
  16. Silverfish
  17. Skystone
  18. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  19. Tevish Szat
  20. Turin
  21. Vroendal

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. Princess Abigail was the Mafia-Aligned Burglar, who cannot be bailed out
  2. Storm is Electro, and his Bail is set for $51,200

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. Tevish Szat was the Origin-Aligned Radioactive Spider
  2. Stability was Origin-Aligned Mac Gargan
  3. Morbid Minish was Town-Aligned Flash Thompson
  4. Killjoy262 was the Mafia-Aligned Crime-Master
  5. Paranoid King was Town-Aligned John J. Jameson III
  6. TheCapsFan was Origin-Aligned Adrian Toomes
  7. ExLight was Mafia-Aligned Joseph Hammerhead

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh
  2. Mint Elv

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World
  2. DuskyBlue

REPLACEMENT PLAYERS
  1. Nobody. Want to join the game? Hit me up.

Replacement Continuity:
PARANOID KING replaced NEOSILK, ANDJALO replaced DARKSTAR, & LITTLEGUMBALL replaced THEATOG (who appears in thread as "deleted member 97076" cuz he ragequit the entire forum)

THREAD LINKS

Up to date status.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Hey everyone, got a bit of a bombshell to drop. I'll start with the juiciest part:

The mafia team is:

KoD
CL
Skystone
Argh
Amber
Amber
Amber
Myself

KoD plus the three mafia teams which existed (hammerhead, big man, russians) combined once the dons were wiped out, making him the kingpin of crime and the leader of the entire combined mafia.

Various intel suggests KoD probably has the ability to usher in a town/mafia unified win, through means he's kept to himself. KoD himself, perhaps unsurprisingly, has made it clear he wants the town to suffer and is committed to crushing them. He also probably has the ability to roleblock any of us and force us to kill someone of his choosing each night. He was being a bit of an egocentric bully, as he tends to be, and so this post is my way of telling him "none of that please".

Its my hope that once KoD is out of the picture that someone else will become the kingpin of crime and will be able to choose to win with town, and that both my teammates and the rest of the game will assist me in arresting KoD today. Of note to anyone looking to assist in the anti-KoD campaign, he has a magic stick which will roleblock anyone who attempts to kill him, so i recommend not walking into that without protection.

I also suspect he might be the green goblin, although there is some reasonably strong evidence which contradicts that.

I may as well keep this brief for now, but if anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to ask me, I'll be here all day (actually I won't but i'll get back to you when i can)

Vote: KoD, Unvote, Vote: KoD

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Hey everyone, got a bit of a bombshell to drop. I'll start with the juiciest part:

The mafia team is:

KoD
CL
Skystone
Argh
Amber
Amber
Amber
Myself

KoD plus the three mafia teams which existed (hammerhead, big man, russians) combined once the dons were wiped out, making him the kingpin of crime and the leader of the entire combined mafia.

Various intel suggests KoD probably has the ability to usher in a town/mafia unified win, through means he's kept to himself. KoD himself, perhaps unsurprisingly, has made it clear he wants the town to suffer and is committed to crushing them. He also probably has the ability to roleblock any of us and force us to kill someone of his choosing each night. He was being a bit of an egocentric bully, as he tends to be, and so this post is my way of telling him "none of that please".

Its my hope that once KoD is out of the picture that someone else will become the kingpin of crime and will be able to choose to win with town, and that both my teammates and the rest of the game will assist me in arresting KoD today. Of note to anyone looking to assist in the anti-KoD campaign, he has a magic stick which will roleblock anyone who attempts to kill him, so i recommend not walking into that without protection.

I also suspect he might be the green goblin, although there is some reasonably strong evidence which contradicts that.

I may as well keep this brief for now, but if anyone has any questions about anything, feel free to ask me, I'll be here all day (actually I won't but i'll get back to you when i can)

Juicy stuff

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

The mafia team is:

KoD
CL
Skystone
Argh
Amber
Amber
Amber
Myself

Are you willing to comment on whether or not some or all of your faction is considered a "threat to town"?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i expect that we are all a threat to town currently. we're all confirmed mafia aligned and mafia all share the same win-con. My threat status hasn't changed, or at least i wasn't told it did, so i would expect the same is true of the others.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
i expect that we are all a threat to town currently. we're all confirmed mafia aligned and mafia all share the same win-con. My threat status hasn't changed, or at least i wasn't told it did, so i would expect the same is true of the others.
Do you have any direct reason to believe that arresting KoD will change any of your alignments?

Ragnarokio

turin has not been added to our new mafia chat so he has probably turned over a new leaf.

I don't have any reason to bleieve arresting KoD will change our alignments. I don't know what will happen to the mafia if KoD is arrested or killed. Information I've heard suggests KoD probably has the ability to allow us to win with town, but is uninterested in pursuing that path or sharing what it involves. Its possible that if a new don replaces KoD that they will also have such an ability.

Sounds like a load of bs much like most of what the Bugle has posted day in and day out at me.

Weren't you part of the mafia though with ExLight as a liasion? Pretty sure that's what your wire transfer to me two nights ago, when Rubik wire transferred me, had to say when you were asking about the meeting.

With ExLight dead I can only imagine why you're attempting to spread rumors.

Ragnarokio

I was originally part of the hammerhead mafia, yes. As i explained, when you took over as kingpin all of the mafia were combined under your control, including the two remaining hammerhead goons (me and skystone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom