• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

IlldIia.jpg

– Page 2 –

True American Hero
By J. Jonah Jameson

Last night Colonel John Jameson III, known as Trip amongst his friends, had his life tragically and prematurely ended. Trip was days shy of making history as the youngest astronaut to orbit the earth. While police are considering multiple avenues at this time including Communist sabotage of the US’s space program, there are still no hard details into why his life was cut short. Here at the Bugle, though, we take a look back at the life of a real American Hero. Trip had a childhood much like any other, at least at the start. Born to J. Jonah and Joan Jameson, he seemed like any typical child would under two loving and attentive parents. But then tragedy struck the Jameson family for the first time when his mother was murdered by a masked gunman in an eerily similar set of circumstances to Trip’s own death. J. Jonah took her death hard and threw himself into his work, but fiercely loved his son and made sure to tell anybody and everybody about it. It can be said that Trip took a similar path of grief and emulated his father, throwing himself into his studies. This allowed Trip to graduate with honors from High School with nothing but open potential in front of him. But Trip chose to serve his country instead of joining the Ivy Leagues. Applying the same level of dedication to his duty as he did his school work as a boy, Trip quickly gained recognition, commendations, and rank in the United States Air Force. In five short years, he already achieved the rank of Colonel and was accepted into the NASA program, both previously unheard of tasks. And in the past year since his acceptance Trip has spent almost all his time preparing to blast into space and the history books as the youngest Astronaut in space, beating out Ghermon Titov by almost a year. To our dear Trip, wherever you are among the stars now, rest easy. We will Fly, Fight, Win in your stead. Semper Supra.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 3 –

Letters to the Editor

Anonymous said:
Turin is the big man and not merely Frederick Foswell and will appear town aligned and not a threat in all investigations regardless of their alignment which I do not know for sure but is probably mafia. Feel free to keep this to yourself if necessary. This information was obtained via an investigative ability used last night.

signed anonymously

Dear Anonymous,

That's quite an accusation you're leveling. While I can confirm that Turin is Foswell, I cannot confirm that he is the Big Man and he's made no admission to being the Big Man to us. I believe it is fairly plausible that he is, in fact, the "Big Man", but we'll need to do more research to know for sure.

-Ed.

Adrian Toomes said:
To the Human Torch: I promise you, I am not the enemy you may think I am. In fact, at the moment, I am no one's enemy. Rather, I desire to serve the people of New York in the same way you do, in whatever manner I may be of assistance.

Sincerely, Adrian Toomes

Dear Adrian,

Rest in peace, Caps, you will be missed. We will remember you as the hero you wanted to be.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Last night, I protected SMS.
Nothing appeared to have happened, but the result indicated that something may have, had I not been there.
I do not know whether revealing this information would be wise, for I may have been deceived.

Dear Anonymous,

Interesting stuff, if this is true someone might have attempted to kill SMS last night. Ex was trying to lynch him yesterday, but that could be unrelated.

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Dear editor,

I've been kidnapped and confined in a closet. They're controlling what i say but can only make me vote. don't believe anything I communicate in the game thread. it's not me. i think once the night comes i'll be let go but it wasn't super clear. if anyone can investigate i would appreciate it.

p.s. i think they're trying to get people to vote for SMS

– Ex

Dear Anonymous,

This seems unlikely given how hard it would be to coordinate that sort of thing.

-Ed.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man said:
Hello Editor:
All evil doers beware or you will find yourself in a sticky situation! Your webs of lies will be torn down by none other than me! You may not know my name yet - but be ready for this friendly (town) neighborhood spider-man to take action when villainous activities arise! And I urge Wilson Fisk / Normal Osborn - with great power comes great responsibility - do not use it for evil! Protect this town with me!

Dear Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man,

I saw you on TV last night, good stuff. Wish you the best of luck and hope you can be a help to Town!

-Ed.

Anonymous said:
Sources close to the DA's office would like to release this statement about the murder of "Flash" Thompson, also known as Minish. Based on investigation of the crime scene, this is what we currently believe to be true.

Thompson was killed, as most likely know, towards the end of day 2. Analysis of the crime scene suggests that he was not directly targeted and thus his killer could not be tracked, possibly due to the use of a subservient "NPC" agent to perform the killing.

The crime scene had been cleaned before investigators arrived. Though this no doubt destroyed some evidence, it functions as evidence itself. We believe the suspect for performing and masterminding the killing to be an underworld professional who used a good deal of limited resources in order to pull off the milling and the resultant clean-up. Our sources tell us that there are very few individuals who possess the kind of resources that would have been necessary to create the scene that we discovered, consequently limiting the pool of potential suspects.

Alert citizens are asked to consider who might have been capable of pulling off such a heinous crime, and to vote according their conscience for the arrest of such a malefactor.
Dear Trusted Source,

It looks like some sort of NPC or PC hitman was used to carry out this kill. I am willing to vouch that this letter is from an individual whose analysis is likely to be trustworthy.

-Ed.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 4 –

Editor's Note — Salutations Sandman!
By Joseph "Robbie" Robertson

Dear Readers,

Today, we have received word that the escaped fugitive Flint Marko has been sighted returning to New York City. According to authorities, Flint was given the properties of sand by a nuclear test explosion and now goes by the name "Sandman". These powers render him virtually indestructible.

Zinger has given us the below comic for reference:

Sandman1.jpg

The fact that Sandman is just now entering the city could suggest that his identity is either of the exiled players (Aaarrrgh or Mint Elv) or it could even suggest that their identity is DuskyBlue who has as of publication not yet left the Unknown Player Pool.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 5 –

Gangster's Gathering Gummed-up by Green Goblin!
By Frederick Foswell

This past night, your trusty reporter managed to acquire an invitation to an exclusive gathering of so-called underworld Dons—a meeting that was meant to unite the various Mafia factions and being peace to the city. On the very short list of guests was none other than our host, the eminent businessman Wilson Fisk, as well as a swarthy fellow by the name of Joe Hammerhead—and of course, your truly. This reporter is not sure why he was invited, but with big names like this you know whatever happens is bound to be newsworthy.

However, things did not proceed past pleasantries before an unexpected visitor crashed the party—none other than the Green Goblin! From his perch atop his goblin glider, he claimed that he was in control of an entire cult of goblin adherents, and would stop at nothing to convert every last Mafia-aligned player he could find. Those who did not allow themselves to become part of his cult, he sneered, could expect to find a pumpkin bomb in their bed one of these nights.

With his threats made, he exited the gathering as quickly as he'd entered it, leaving those in attendance stunned. What would the introduction of this new masked menace mean for the peace and stability of the city?

The Daily Bugle's own Robbie Robertson had this to say regarding the meeting, "According to a reliable source, there are multiple mafia dons who are enemies to each other. Allegedly, these dons are Hammerhead, Fisk, and the Big Man. Based on my colleague's account of events, we can gather that Fisk is KoD, the Big Man is Foswell/Turin, and Hammerhead is ExLight. These players may be Mafia-aligned or may be Origin-aligned or whatever else given the gang war that is playing out. The Kingpin account changes hands, but only one player has access to it at a time. Mafia players are armed with weapons and can pierce protections. Some sources claimed the meeting was most likely called by Killjoy but other sources have also claimed that the meeting was called by KoD. The meeting resulted in a shaky truce between the various Mafia syndicates, though it's said that KoD bullied his way through the meeting so it's unclear how lasting this alliance will be."

The Daily Bugle reached out to ExLight and KoD for comment via Wire Transfer and did not receive any comment at the time of publication.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 6 –

JJJ's Rants — Super Circle Jerk
By J. Jonah Jameson

The cops wanna say Commies killed my boy. Maybe. Doubtful. I’ve seen the red fear in inaction before, it’s an easy scape goat. But what really killed my boy are these god damn vigilantes that are taking up our resources. Instead of having the FBI keeping an eye out for acts of terrorism, their focus is divided between doing that and trying to capture these hooded jokers. Meanwhile John gets taken out right outside a government building while some jackass in a red and blue costume spent half the night beating a petty thug up. And where was the hot head that tore up Fisk’s office the other day? Nowhere to be seen. Good on you for looking out “heroes”. Enough is enough and it’s time for a change. Let’s make a good old fashioned citizens arrest. Let’s show these chumps that we aren’t here for them to stroke their egos with. If Red and Blue wants to be the face for last nights debacle, let ‘em. Let’s recap his crimes. Beating up a crook is still unlawfully beating someone up when you aren’t protected by the shield. So that’s Assault. Vigilantism itself is still illegal. Then you have his reckless disregard for anything other than the punk he decided to chase, so that’s Negligent Homicide when you consider he could have been stopping two murders and letting the boys in blue do their jobs. I’ve hired ex-cons with smaller rap sheets and this guy has only been on the scene for a night! So let’s see this menace put in it’s place. Let’s see justice served. And to help incentivize that, I’m willing to offer up $100,000 to the party or parties that see to it that Justice finds this punk.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 7 –

By Ned Leeds

A journalist who seems convinced of his own rugged good looks discovered last night that, at the time of the report, before Night ended (after Abigail returned to her original role but before Lain returned to the active player pool) there were a total of 9 Town-aligned players in the active player pool. Are the mafia aligned players willing and able to work with town to discover and take down the supervillains? Who is the real threat to our lovely New York City? As journalists we can only report the facts, and it seems we don't have enough confirmed facts to answer these pressing questions. But if I may present an opinion: I hope as many of us as possible can work together and beat these terrors.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 8 –

Introducing—Sandman!

Sandman_4.png

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 9 –

Advertisements

u7Wwlbv.jpg

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 10 –

More Advertisements

A7Nl7gU.jpg

image.png

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 11 –

Classifieds - The Daily Bugle is now Hiring!

The Daily Bugle is looking to hire a photographer, reporters, and possibly other staff.

Please write a Letter to the Editor validated by your character name with your character name, player name, alignment, desired salary and anything you'd like to say about why you think we should hire you.

Application enclosed below.

Application said:
Character name:
Player name:
Alignment:
Desired salary:
Why we should hire you:

Classifieds - Lab Assistant Jobs at E.S.U!

Have you been wasting your daily & nightly ability activations because you haven't got a clue what you should be spending them on?

Or maybe you just don't have the time to bother with sending the Mod an action now and then?

Are you in need of money? Perhaps unemployed and looking for work?

How would you like to solve all these problems at once?

Now you can!

One of our most distinguished biochemistry professors at Empire State University is seeking a Lab Assistant.

You don't need to know anything about biochemistry at all yourselves, you'll be taking care of the more mundane responsibilities so as to leave more time for the professor to focus on the work that really matters.

And you'll be paid for this simple work! Trade in actions that you probably weren't using effectively anyway for money you can spend on yourselves later. Passive income, you don't have to do anything. A great bargain!

Flexible hours. Work Days, work Nights, or work both! Whatever you prefer. And rates are negotiable!

Who knows, you might even learn a thing or two about advanced biochemistry in the process.

Interested? Reach out to your local Mod today and say you'd like that E.S.U. job as a Lab Assistant, and he'll put you in touch with the right people. We look forward to hearing from you!

bEJCps5.jpg

Smear Campaign

The Daily Bugle
is running a Smear Campaign against @Captan_Lunch. This is a public service announcement.

Captan_Lunch is a real bad dude. A menace to society, even! And you should really believe what you read about him here in the paper because the Daily Bugle is never wrong about these things, and they have endorsed this smear campaign! Don't trust him. Heck, let's put him behind bars!

FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, CAPTAN_LUNCH HAS A -1 PENALTY TO HIS THRESHOLD.

kuTz0z0.jpg

Puzzle Corner

Daily Bugle Wordle (CLICK LINK)

Daily Rumor

In the country well outside of the city, near a barn silo, a giant vulture the size of a man was seen flying around. A nearby delivery truck as seen carrying a bunch of high-tech stuff.

This hints that the Vulture is in action. Unfortunately, he died before he could take flight for real.

Solicitation

PLEASE BE SURE TO REACT TO THE DAILY BUGLE AND SEND A LETTER TO THE EDITOR EVERY DAY TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT THE DAILY BUGLE.

8xGDaj0.jpg

– Page 12 –

Daily Funny

Calvin and Hobbes

pTfRZew.jpg

Nancy
xmuGXWD.jpg

Heathcliff
Rtf7deW.jpg

Daily Bugle Archives
:goverhere:

<< First Issue | < Last Issue | Game Status Post | Next Issue > | Final Issue >>

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Okay. Quick question
In the letters to the Editor they are signed Ed. Are we to conclude Eddie Brock also applied to the Bugle and was Hired?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
-Ed(itor)

It's just how I've signed them for all 3 SMMs I've been in.
Kind of confusing since canonically someone named Ed works for the Bugle. I will try to remember in the future

Of course he wouldnt be writing. As Brock is a Photographer

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Do you each get to pick a comic at the Bugle, or is all one person?
I do almost everything that isn't attributed to a given player (excluding the things Zinger does).

I don't think anyone has suggested a comic really, but they're welcome to.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
HW appears to be telling us we need to kill, not arrest spiderman, or we'll all be in grave danger

thats sure something

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
and daykill at that, even

The Green Goblin

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
HOW DARE YOU PUT ME ON PAGE 5?!?!?!

I'M GOING TO KILL YOU RUBIK!

In what world do we live in where The Green Goblin is not front-page news?!

Heads will roll for this slight. You should have chosen the order of your stories more carefully.

Ragnarokio

there's no way this isn't kod

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom