• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

DING DING DING!!

The two combatants were so engaged in exchanging blows that neither of them noticed the time fly by. Before they knew what had happened, 3 minutes were up, and both were still standing. Although PMT clearly had the crowd's favor, there was no clear victor between @Asfinyti's Pearl Mint Tea and Crusher Hogan, but fortunately for Pearl, winning the fight wasn't necessary--they merely needed to survive 3 minutes in the ring with the Crusher. And survive they did. The crowd went wild as PMT stepped out of the ring triumphant, meanwhile, Crusher looked around to see who might be next...

Congratulations Asfinyti! Some of that promised prize pot will be yours!

((Tutorial: Sometimes you will run out of time before either fighter exhausts their allotted posts. That's just how it goes!))

((Tutorial: In rare cases, a pair of fighters might have an even tally of points at the end. In such an event, the fight is declared a DRAW.))

As Asfinyti steps down, the announcer says another challenger has entered the arena...

@Captan_Lunch is up next. Give a big round of applause for "THE BACONATOR!"​

•••••

Day 2: Sensational Fourth (and Final) Vote Count

a.k.a. The "It's the end of the Day, and a Threshold was reached, so why aren't we throwing someone in Jail already?" Vote Count

KingofDominaria (25.5): Tevish Szat, the Human Torch, Morbid Minish (x2), Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Turin, theatog, TheCapsFan, Freddeh, ExLight, Storm, Paranoid King, Ragnarokio, The Black Cat, dragonteacup, Doc, Asfinyti, OsCorp, Fisk Industries, Roxxon, Killjoy262, The Kingpin of Crime
ExLight (1): ModVote
Storm (0.5):

The Human Torch's vote BURNS, KingofDominaria's Threshold is reduced by -2.

With an impressive 25.5 votes against, plus the Torch's BURN effect, KingofDominaria is essentially at Majority + 16.5. That's an insane amount of cooperation, considering there are only 20 available Standard Votes in the Active Player pool...

KingofDominaria has reached his Threshold and must face Removal, but he is still locked in battle with the Human Torch, and their fight will ultimately determine his fate!

Not Voting:
Andjalo, Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Captan_Lunch, HangryHangryHippo, KingofDominaria, Silverfish, Skystone, Vroendal

With 20 available votes, it takes 11 votes to reach a Majority (now whether or not Maj is required to Remove someone is another matter--as is evidently the case--thanks for the demonstration KingofDominaria).

DAY 2 HAS ENDED! A REMOVAL IS PENDING THE FIGHT!

We are now entering a DUSK phase. Dusk ordinarily won't last more than 12 hours, but this one will last as long as it needs to for the Wrestling Event and The Human Torch vs. Wilson Fisk fight to conclude before Night can start.

For purposes of determining where you can post/chat during Dusk, treat it as if it was NIGHT (that said, players involved in Fights and their audience can continue to post anyway, regardless).

Last edited:
*Fisk coughs in the smoke and reels from the heat. The skin on his fingers and hands stung enough as it was due to the extreme heat coming from the Human Torch. Still, to stay still like a sitting duck would ultimately see him roasted by the rogue hero. Balling his fists together, Fisk had other ideas.

Lifting both his arms high into the air, he slams his fists down on the ground beneath him, cracking the floor with almost inhuman strength. He heaves his fists into the air one more time and brings them down, crashing through the floor and causing himself to tumble down a floor below.

Fisk falls to the ground and quickly pushes himself up. He couldn't afford to relax, not with a super vigilante running amok in his office. Fisk crashes through a nearby door, seeing no one yet, and quickly makes his way down a hall towards the stairs to head to some lower floors. Thinking twice, he stops in the area before the elevators and instead heads inside the nearest bathroom.*

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

GAME STATUS PAGE

CURRENT DEADLINE

IT IS DAY 2. DAY 2 will last until Sunday, August 27th, at 3:30 PM Eastern Time.

Click here for an accurate countdown.

CURRENT VOTE COUNT

KingofDominaria (8): Tevish Szat, the Human Torch, Morbid Minish (x2), Ragnarokio, Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Turin
Storm (3.5): The Kingpin of Crime, TheCapsFan, Asfinity
ExLight (1): ModVote

The Human Torch's vote BURNS, KingofDominaria's Threshold is reduced by -2.

With 8 votes against, plus the Torch's BURN effect, KingofDominaria is essentially at M-0. But he appears to require more than that...

Day 2 Amazing Second Vote Count

STOCK EXCHANGE
Currently CLOSED.

The Daily Bugle: None
Fisk International: Norman Osborn
OsCorp: Norman Osborn
Roxxon Energy Corporation: Norman Osborn

ONGOING EVENTS / EFFECTS

Storyline: "GANG WAR!" Part 1

PARANOID KING replaced NEOSILK

ANDJALO replaced DARKSTAR

ExLight got ModVoted for posting in the Game Thread while Silenced.

A limited-time, one night only, CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING EVENT is being hosted at the Olympic Arena this evening. Click for details.

Freddeh has returned from his vacation. I hope he had a good time!

PLAYER STATUS

ACTIVE PLAYERS
  1. Andjalo
  2. Asfinyti
  3. Asfinyti
  4. Asfinyti
  5. Captan_Lunch
  6. Doc
  7. dragonteacup
  8. ExLight
  9. Freddeh
  10. HangryHangryHippo
  11. Killjoy262
  12. KingofDominaria
  13. Morbid Minish
  14. Paranoid King
  15. Princess Abigail
  16. Ragnarokio
  17. Rubik
  18. Silverfish
  19. Skystone
  20. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  21. Storm
  22. Tevish Szat
  23. theatog
  24. TheCapsFan
  25. Turin
  26. Vroendal

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. None

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. Tevish Szat was the Origin-Aligned Radioactive Spider
  2. Stability was Origin-Aligned Mac Gargan

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh
  2. lain
  3. Mint Elv

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World

REPLACEMENT PLAYERS
  1. Nobody. What to join the game? Hit me up.

THREAD LINKS

Welcome back Abigail and congrats to Norman on his third and second-to-last corporate takeover.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Momentarily stunned, The Human Torch floats midair in mild awe before snapping back into action...

"Amazing! I'm almost impressed..."

The air was filled with smoke from the flaming rubble, obscuring vision...

"Sue would get mad at me for leaving this ablaze..."

Extinguishing the raging inferno and allowing the doppelgangers to dissipate to conserve focus, The Human Torch flew around the side of the building at blistering speed, smashing through yet another window a floor below the site of the initial confrontation where Kingpin's pristine office used to stand. Forgetting entirely about the existence of elevators in the heat of the moment, The Human Torch methodically rendered sprinklers useless with PYROKINESIS fists, and blasted doors open with FIREBALLS, searching each room, quickly and surely working his way closer and closer to the notable bathroom...

"Come out, Fisk!"

Welcome back Abigail and congrats to Norman on his third and second-to-last corporate takeover.

I just need to make a temporary deal with your boss so and then we can start passing around shares a bit again...

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
"Holy heat waves, where is this guy? I didn't lose him, right? Reed's never gonna let this go... No, Reed says it's never hopeless! I only fail if I give up now, I gotta turn up the heat!"

The Human Torch blasts open the notable bathroom door...

*Just inside a stall with his hands around a toilet, Fisk hears the door to the bathroom burst open from a powerful blast. Smirking to himself, he rips out the toilet from where it sits, then forcefully punches through the wall to the water pipes that were connected to the toilet. With a great yank and a slight grunt, he rips into the pipe causing it to burst forth more of the water running within. Thoroughly soaked, Fisk drags at the toilet he ripped out with him to the next stall and much the same, ripping at the toilet and then the pipping.

Satisfied with the amount of water spraying about, he holds the base of each toilet in his hands like makeshift clubs and moves in view of the door way to the bathroom.*

You want me, you menace, then come and get me!

Fight post 1/8

CRUSHER HOGAN cracks his knuckles. "Bout damn time. Bring it, Baconator. I'm gonna eat you for breakfast!"

((Tutorial: Fighters who engage in multiple Fights in the same Day/Night cycle can't expect to be back to full strength right away. Crusher's post count for this Fight is thusly reduced!))

*Fisk hurls one toilet after another from his hands at the doorway before punching into the floor one, two, three times to crack it apart. Water begins to pour down the hole from the broken pipes continuously spewing water forth into the bathroom as Fisk leaps down the hole onto the next floor with water pouring onto him.

He quickly shoulder checks open the door to the bathroom on this floor and gets out into the hallway quickly scanning around. There, a fire extinguisher. It'd take more than this to take out the Human Torch even temporarily. Fisk punches the safety glass and grabs the extinguisher in one hand easily and moves to the doorway to the staircase heading down to the 62nd floor where his gym is.*

*Fisk gets to the 62nd floor gymnasium he has for his personal training. He'd passed no one on his way to the floor, and he chalked it up to the use of the fire alarm being triggered. Everyone had likely evacuated as a precaution. Good. Eventually someone would come looking for him, and they'd be surprised by what they found. He'd make the Human Torch pay for this transgression dearly, but first he had to get out of the ordeal in one piece.

Fisk looked around his gym. Walking on through he picked up a few twenty-five pound weights in one hand and grabbed a bar in his other hand. The sprinkler system may have been destroyed in his office, but other parts of the building seemed to be operating fine. The equipment here was thoroughly wet from the sprinklers, but he held his grip tights on what he had. After all there was little in the way of combating a superhero who could burn and melt things with each.*

As long as I can stay ahead of him and outlast him, I should be fine.

*Fisk says to himself.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom