• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
probably a joke then

Huzzah! And here we are.

So, this is certainly a Spider-Man Mafia game; expect the unexpected and possibly the downright nuts.

Like us all getting to know Fred's role (assuming it's not a spoof). That's different and exciting.

I'm gonna say I'm a little suspicious of Rag out of the gate here -- this isn't exactly based in the text of the game itself, but coming out and fishing for Spider-Man when, by the nature of this game, Spider-Man probably doesn't even exist yet... seems like trouble. I'd hate to see any radioactive spiders (or peter parkers) jumping the gun just to be "helpful".

Don't get me wrong, there will certainly come a point in this game where great power and great responsibility alike will be desirable, but let's just say I know a thing or two about being discreet and biding our time because, well, lessons learned the hard way. See SMM3 if you weren't there for when I royally screwed the pooch, however well-meaning the matter was. So, yeah, cautionary tale to be given.

Something I want to direct some attention to is the Stock Exchange, and how currently some of the corps have no listed majority shareholder. I find this curious that such game pieces would start rudderless... though I suppose it would be too easy if everybody was outed right away like Fred (citation needed)

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm gonna say I'm a little suspicious of Rag out of the gate here -- this isn't exactly based in the text of the game itself, but coming out and fishing for Spider-Man when, by the nature of this game, Spider-Man probably doesn't even exist yet... seems like trouble. I'd hate to see any radioactive spiders (or peter parkers) jumping the gun just to be "helpful".

Its my motivation so i figured I'd say it. The ball is in spiderman's court in any case, or will be when spiderman exists. If they think its a good idea they're welcome to do it, and if they don't i would expect that they don't. I assume its in my interest, which i would then suppose is in the interest of the town, but its entirely possible it ends up being detrimental for one reason or another, and i leave that call to spidey.

say WHAAAAAT?! 8 shots?

it turns out it was only 5

Ragnarokio

if freddeh attempts to brew potions then he is feasibly a threat to town, since that is one mechanism via which the green goblin could come into existence. His role PM heavily suggests that other players might become the green goblin even without his involvement. While its a good guess that the green goblin is a threat to town where the other five goblins lie is a mystery to me, and its possible that the potions on average could even benefit town depending on what the roles are like.

I would consider them anti-town overall though. If freddeh doesn't attempt to make the potions then he's a pretty big asset to town, considering the magnitude of his abilities.

Ragnarokio

nothing in freddeh's role pm say that his actions have to be submitted publicly and so i would be surprised if that was the case

@ExLight Hi frien! Glad my angry bird plan worked! xD

if freddeh attempts to brew potions then he is feasibly a threat to town, since that is one mechanism via which the green goblin could come into existence. His role PM heavily suggests that other players might become the green goblin even without his involvement. While its a good guess that the green goblin is a threat to town where the other five goblins lie is a mystery to me, and its possible that the potions on average could even benefit town depending on what the roles are like.

I would consider them anti-town overall though. If freddeh doesn't attempt to make the potions then he's a pretty big asset to town, considering the magnitude of his abilities.
I think it's also possible that maybe Freddeh is truly town and those potions could go any number of ways.

Ragnarokio

he does also have a private role pm thread with the financial information unredacted, and if his role pm is updated in any way, we'd need to ask zinger for another copy to stay up to date (a request which would be rejected if it was updated to remove the passive he has which allows us to do so)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom