• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@ExLight Hi frien! Glad my angry bird plan worked! xD

I think it's also possible that maybe Freddeh is truly town and those potions could go any number of ways.

i certainly believe freddeh is truly town at the moment but if he decides he wants to start juicing things up then that probably won't remain true.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
if something can cause green goblin to appear and make him lose isnt that more if a reason for them to manually brew it and take it himself? idk if it's a slot I'd trust

I would be fine with keeping them around as an attempt to use a potion to nullify an even bigger threat but I really don't like the idea of letting an mafia-zier (or cultifier/goblin-fier? not sure if they're a separate alignment?) roaming around

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
we know nothing about what the goblins are like, in theory someone could keep their alignment when they turn into a goblin, or different goblins could have predetermined alignments (possibly including town). We can make a strong guess that the green goblin is probably going to be anti-town though, so thats one baddie and five unknowns.

I would say freddeh is incentivized to try to become the green goblin and that we should do what we can to stop that from happening. Not entirely sure what that is though.

Lynching the slot seems like a waste. Fred will just pay bail and we don't get anything out of the character name reveal. He has three layers of protection, can roleblock anyone who targets him, can prevent himself from being targeted, and has an extra life. He's also immune to being roleblocked. For all intents and purposes it seems like he's unkillable and undisruptable, so we can't really mess with him through actions either.

If anything can stop him/slow him down at this stage it would be characters with "silver bullets" that happen to bypass most or all of his defenses. I think there was a role in the last game where if they hammered someone that player was killed instead of jailed? I'm not sure if protected would stop that, but something similar could probably work. Its also implied via his abilities that he has a couple specific achilles heels in the form of mendel strom and harry osborn, so whoever can exploit those could choose to do so.

I'm still not convinced "dealing" with him is the right thing to do though. His role seems like a huge asset to town as long as he doesn't go goblin mode.

His items are public knowledge, and so one thing we could do is have him sell the lab equipment and not get a new one, and then check on him once or twice a phase to see if he's gone against that. The wording of the ability makes it a bit unclear over whether he'll automatically generate a new lab equipment whenever he doesn't have one or whether he needs to choose to get another one as a free action though.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
we know nothing about what the goblins are like, in theory someone could keep their alignment when they turn into a goblin, or different goblins could have predetermined alignments (possibly including town). We can make a strong guess that the green goblin is probably going to be anti-town though, so thats one baddie and five unknowns.
goblins are usually villains in the comics so I don't see why they would not be "baddies" in this game

were they not threats in the previous games too?

I'm still not convinced "dealing" with him is the right thing to do though. His role seems like a huge asset to town as long as he doesn't go goblin mode.
and how exactly are we supposed to make sure this doesn't happen

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
We can always ask Freddeh really nicely not to activate his cool fun Goblin Powers and instead just settle for his cool fun billionaires powers and hope for the best.

Whatever the case, we are ill equipped and disincentivized to tackle this issue today!! >.> We know he is currently town, that's good enough for me to look elsewhere.

On a side note, if the means exist for me to establish a private line of communication with one of the Ambers at any point without the use of money, whether directly or through an intermediary, I would appreciate anyone willing to assist in this regard!!

D

Deleted member 97076

if freddeh attempts to brew potions then he is feasibly a threat to town, since that is one mechanism via which the green goblin could come into existence. His role PM heavily suggests that other players might become the green goblin even without his involvement. While its a good guess that the green goblin is a threat to town where the other five goblins lie is a mystery to me, and its possible that the potions on average could even benefit town depending on what the roles are like.

I would consider them anti-town overall though. If freddeh doesn't attempt to make the potions then he's a pretty big asset to town, considering the magnitude of his abilities.
Playing the devil's advocate here:
I honestly have no memory of my last involvement of the previous spidy mafia. But are things ever that straight forward?
(Actually this is also a plea to get me up to speed. What are the previous games like? how much twist and turn should I be expecting? How much grain of salt i need to be taking with info fed to me?)

i'm not evil, although spiderman is certainly welcome to make that judgment call himself. I might be giving away my character and i haven't really read much about them but the implication is that It will start some sort of romantic connection with them? Certainly it doesn't appear to be anything like a trap.
I'm willing to buy it for now.

Playing the devil's advocate here:
I honestly have no memory of my last involvement of the previous spidy mafia. But are things ever that straight forward?
(Actually this is also a plea to get me up to speed. What are the previous games like? how much twist and turn should I be expecting? How much grain of salt i need to be taking with info fed to me?)
Hello hello!! :oo
I've never played one of these games before either, I'm sure we'll both be fine though... maybe... hopefully!! :pp From my understanding, the only thing that can be guaranteed to be true is your role pm, and nothing else. This is the kind of game where nothing is likely as it seems, and most things need to be taken with the salt shaker on hand. The transformative roles the constitute much of this game could take pretty much any player in pretty much any direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom