• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
as far as i can recall its generally been true enough that characters are roughly lore accurate in zinger's game. It should be noted that the comic canon seems expansive enough and the characters nuanced enough that for most characters its probably possible to paint them in a better or worse light and thus justify a range of alignments for most characters. There's also the possibility zinger throws a total curveball as well.

I'm not into the lore enough to know whether or not this is the case for the kingpin for sure, but it doesn't seem like he has any real heroic streak, and so unless we're in an AU where he never became the kingpin (clearly not the case) i wouldn't expect him to be town. a non-threat self is the most charitable designation I'd be able to give him, though even that might be a stretch. That he was trying to get in contact with shadowy underworlders or however he worded it is certainly a red flag.

I'm not into the lore enough to know whether or not this is the case for the kingpin for sure,

There's also probably an important distinction to be made between the character of Wilson Fisk whom everyone keeps talking about (whose underworld alias is "The Kingpin"), and the, for lack of a better word, job title "The Kingpin of Crime" that many characters in the comics bore at one time or another. In fact, Rag, you mentioned a few of them I believe rather recently when talking about your readthrough of classic comics.

Wilson Fisk's "The Kingpin" is simply synonymous with the title because he was the most successful Kingpin of Crime to ever try and hold that role, and because he told people to call him that even before he rose to power. The Kingpin is to the Kingpin of Crime as... Band-Aid brand is to adhesive bandages. Or Kleenex is to Facial Tissues. Fisk just had way better branding and longevity in it than anyone else who ever chased after or held that title.

I'll admit, my choice to give that account an avatar that was clearly a picture of Fisk's Kingpin and a sig that was clearly a quote of his perhaps may skew that perception a lot, but it was never my intention that this sock account would hit the streets and everyone would say "oh that's obviously Wilson Fisk." Maybe that was naive of me... :shrugs:

But to that, I'll say, maybe it is worth pointing out that some fellah in the Day Start post was also clearly trying to set himself up as A Kingpin of Crime. His face isn't visible in the comic panel, but his body shape alone makes it evidently not Fisk.

Or maybe I'm just saying all this because it is Fisk behind the account and he bribed me with money to lead you all off his trail... Hey, what can I say... I needed Ink to finish the Vote Count and Newspaper, remember?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
There's also probably an important distinction to be made between the character of Wilson Fisk whom everyone keeps talking about (whose underworld alias is "The Kingpin"), and the, for lack of a better word, job title "The Kingpin of Crime" that many characters in the comics bore at one time or another. In fact, Rag, you mentioned a few of them I believe rather recently when talking about your readthrough of classic comics.

Wilson Fisk's "The Kingpin" is simply synonymous with the title because he was the most successful Kingpin of Crime to ever try and hold that role, and because he told people to call him that even before he rose to power. The Kingpin is to the Kingpin of Crime as... Band-Aid brand is to adhesive bandages. Or Kleenex is to Facial Tissues. Fisk just had way better branding and longevity in it than anyone else who ever chased after or held that title.

I'll admit, my choice to give that account an avatar that was clearly a picture of Fisk's Kingpin and a sig that was clearly a quote of his perhaps may skew that perception a lot, but it was never my intention that this sock account would hit the streets and everyone would say "oh that's obviously Wilson Fisk." Maybe that was naive of me... :shrugs:

But to that, I'll say, maybe it is worth pointing out that some fellah in the Day Start post was also clearly trying to set himself up as A Kingpin of Crime. His face isn't visible in the comic panel, but his body shape alone makes it evidently not Fisk.

Or maybe I'm just saying all this because it is Fisk behind the account and he bribed me with money to lead you all off his trail... Hey, what can I say... I needed Ink to finish the Vote Count and Newspaper, remember?
pool unfortunate soul

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i did find it a little weird that you edited that page to change crime master's name to kingpin, but i guess that makes sense in retrospect if that becomes like a recognized title for ruler of the underworld later in the series

Ragnarokio

I'll then guess that the kingpin account will switch hands depending on who is currently the kingpin and that there's some sort of underworld competition over the title, which is why kingpin was asking for a truce or whatever, so that he doesn't get dethroned by the competition.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I would guess HW is responsible for tevish's disappearance as zinger is refusing to acknowledge either's existence
I think that's more because they actually just don't exist in the game by definition and not because they are necessarily related

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
960x0.jpg

I'll then guess that the kingpin account will switch hands depending on who is currently the kingpin and that there's some sort of underworld competition over the title, which is why kingpin was asking for a truce or whatever, so that he doesn't get dethroned by the competition.

:shrugs:

Or don't listen to me. I'm just stirring the pot. lol

It is true that the term Kingpin of Crime or Kingpin of New York (used interchangeably) has been occasionally used to refer to other people than Fisk in the comics. Whether or not that is true here or if I am just screwing around, you'll have to wait and see I guess.

Though the newspaper did mention "We’ve got a lot of problems with organized crime here in New York City"... Maybe they knows something you and I don't. :eyes:

I should do another Vote Count.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
this is a zinger game. 95% of the game is Mech Talk
I mean it's still a social deduction game. We could socially deduce. Just nobody wants to. And I find it neigh impossible to socially deduct mech talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom