• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Last SMM people literally open wolfed and we let them because we were so busy trying to solve mechanically that we blatantly ignored actually solving the game traditionally and we got **** on for it.

Now I don't mind mech solving but I hate when it's the majority of the solving going on.

Can everyone please give me like a top town and a top wolf read at this point right now plsss

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Neon is my top town atm.
Bottom town is everyone in the active player pool who hasn't posted or just made like one post with no substance.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'm a fan of Rag as well, actually. Scum rag wouldn't be this active probably but the existence of a gradient makes this a harder thing to read since Rag can be trying to solve the game even as an anti town faction.

Still, positive leaning for Rag as well.

I acknowledge that I have seen Neon's request, I remain uncomfortable answering it and will be abstaining from doing so at this time. >.>

Princess Abigail

Neon is my top town atm.
Bottom town is everyone in the active player pool who hasn't posted or just made like one post with no substance.
So me and my friend have kinda discussed before that while people don't like killing in the lowest hanging fruit especially early there is usually a wolf hanging out down there. Do you think that's generally true?

Princess Abigail

I acknowledge that I have seen Neon's request, I remain uncomfortable answering it and will be abstaining from doing so at this time. >.>
lolia-sip-juice.gif

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
So me and my friend have kinda discussed before that while people don't like killing in the lowest hanging fruit especially early there is usually a wolf hanging out down there. Do you think that's generally true?
I think scum will hide in the lurkers whenever they can.

Lynch all lurkers is my usual philosophy, but it gets a bit tricky when you might accidentally lynch the most powerful town role because they just aren't paying attention.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
As long as we are experimenting, we it might also be fruitful to test whether we can vote for Unknown players. (I currently cannot vote, so I tragically cannot engage in such science myself.)

Surely you have some insights, even if they don't constitute a list.

Princess Abigail

I think scum will hide in the lurkers whenever they can.

Lynch all lurkers is my usual philosophy, but it gets a bit tricky when you might accidentally lynch the most powerful town role because they just aren't paying attention.
Do you think that executing lurkers early helps in like a traditional solving sense when there's little to read into wrt interactions and such?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Do you think that executing lurkers early helps in like a traditional solving sense when there's little to read into wrt interactions and such?
I think you learn from what specific lurkers people vote for and what people resist lynching lurkers and who they propose voting for instead, etc.

I've lost games because people refused to lynch low activity players all game while their scummate used the "it's a low information lynch" line over and over.

Princess Abigail

In the interest of answering my own question

I'm quite convinced Rubik is town both mechanically and socially.

I believe HHH is town mechanically.

I believe Ex is town socially.

I'm extremely wary of both Vro and storm I believe both have social wolf equity I also believe Vro has some mild mechanical wolf equity.

I will hard veto kills on Minish and Silv today some will accuse me off favoring my friends for this but in truth I just think both should be given more time to get into the game.

Everyone who appeared to tell me I was wrong yesterday and than left without adding much beyond that is wolfy to me.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
The abiding problem with "lynch all lurkers" is, as Rubik alludes to, the fact that players with power roles tend to be fairly passive themselves. You also tend to hit players being faced with real-life busyness (e.g., currently me), which is harmful insofar as such players may ultimately return to the active pool.

That said, however, it is often the case that inexperienced wolves are quiet, at least during the initial, low information Day 1 kerfuffle. Plus, insofar as we lack much information right now, killing those who actually contribute does potentially slow our ability to solve. So I'd be fine with a lurker.

I would also be fine with lynching a character who is, in lore/story terms, relatively likely to be non-town. Given our low information state, this would at least be better than a shot in the dark.

Princess Abigail

I think you learn from what specific lurkers people vote for and what people resist lynching lurkers and who they propose voting for instead, etc.

I've lost games because people refused to lynch low activity players all game while their scummate used the "it's a low information lynch" line over and over.
I kinda live by the rule don't execute lurkers till D3 unless there's just no other options that make sense. I do believe killing lurkers is valid and indeed important but I kinda feel like they should be given both a chance to get into the game because irl things may be preventing them from access to the game and I think flipping scummy higher posters early generates more useful readable info.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I kinda live by the rule don't execute lurkers till D3 unless there's just no other options that make sense. I do believe killing lurkers is valid and indeed important but I kinda feel like they should be given both a chance to get into the game because irl things may be preventing them from access to the game and I think flipping scummy higher posters early generates more useful readable info.
D3 can be way too late, you can be in a hopeless situation by then. The longest I'm willing to wait is D2 normally (this game is huge, though). If you don't lynch lurkers you make lurking one of the most viable scum strategies (though mechanically solving them or killing them is sometimes an option).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom