• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I mean it's still a social deduction game. We could socially deduce. Just nobody wants to. And I find it neigh impossible to socially deduct mech talk.
honey, I'm as oblivious as Arthur Conan Doyle writes John Watson. dumb as a brick, and a glorified holster for Sherlock's Gun

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
honey, I'm as oblivious as Arthur Conan Doyle writes John Watson. dumb as a brick, and a glorified holster for Sherlock's Gun
menhera-chan-what.gif

I mean it's still a social deduction game. We could socially deduce. Just nobody wants to. And I find it neigh impossible to socially deduct mech talk.
If that's what you're interested in, you could always try asking direct questions to players you haven't interacted with yet, or driving different types of activity and seeing where that gets you. o.o

If that's what you're interested in, you could always try asking direct questions to players you haven't interacted with yet, or driving different types of activity and seeing where that gets you. o.o

But she hasn't gotten you lynched yet! Neon's not a quitter. :P :wynaut:

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
That's not really what I do. Wouldn't even know what to ask. Driving content is kinda what I do but not by asking questions.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I don't think traditional social deduction is feasible without knowing the structure of the game. It only works in mafia because you know some number of players want to kill mafia and some other number of mafia players know each other's identities and want to survive to the end of the game. You can make conclusions about why people do what they do based on their goals and the information they have access to.

In a game like this where we know people have access to wildly varying information and have largely varying motivations even within alignments its not going to be possible to make the same kinds of inferences.

We can still make inferences about players based on how they're acting, but the most useful inferences at the start of the game are probably going to be inferences about the kind of position a player might hold in the game, not inferences about whether a player is scum or town.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't think traditional social deduction is feasible without knowing the structure of the game. It only works in mafia because you know some number of players want to kill mafia and some other number of mafia players know each other's identities and want to survive to the end of the game. You can make conclusions about why people do what they do based on their goals and the information they have access to.

In a game like this where we know people have access to wildly varying information and have largely varying motivations even within alignments its not going to be possible to make the same kinds of inferences.

We can still make inferences about players based on how they're acting, but the most useful inferences at the start of the game are probably going to be inferences about the kind of position a player might hold in the game, not inferences about whether a player is scum or town.
I think traditional reads can still be effective, especially given how cluttered the game is going to be mechanically. A gut read is still just as valid as normal even if it's harder to form, but there's so much interference that can occur mechanically even a straightforward result is gonna be confusing.

I can understand falling back on instincts when the mechanical beast is this challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom