• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

Because it was a 2nd band wagon and you could have deffend kuro from a lynch. However like I said I would doubt that also because your not a new mafia player. I havent seen any thing inherintly scummy and that is the closest thing to a conection between two playes that I ahve sceen in thread.
I am completely fine with a kuro lynch at this moment, I just don't think he's the best option. Him Pendio and funnier are the three that I'm leaning towards anyways. i'm just applying pressure elsewhere since pendio and kuro already have votes against them.

karu

Panamaniac
Because it was a 2nd band wagon and you could have deffend kuro from a lynch. However like I said I would doubt that also because your not a new mafia player. I havent seen any thing inherintly scummy and that is the closest thing to a conection between two playes that I ahve sceen in thread.
I still don't see how if Kuro were to flip mafia how Bok would too? As far as their interactions go I haven't seen anything that sticks out to me that signifies that they're scum buds. And I don't recall Le Bok Choy defending Kuro or did you mean that Le Bok Choy had an opportunity to defend Kuro but didn't take it therefore making it seem as if idk what you're trying to say here really?
If the latter is your reason as to why you think their w/w (using my new acquired knowledge of the terms :) ) just cause Le Bok Choy didn't defend him, why does that really matter/stick out to you?

Mido

Version 1
@Mido hi friend, don't think I've forgotten about you

Oh no.

Mr. Jamie's game.

I got so caught up in playing Ace Attorney, I forgot all about it.

Bok's had to remind me.

Okay, but in all seriousness, I've caught up more or less, and I'll tell you more about it at the end of the wall here.

I personaly feel that a mis lynch day one would hurt us more then in something big like delta because there is less room to miss lynch.

I don't like this line of thought entirely. There is always a degree of risk with every lynch, and without it we risk being at the mercy of free townie deaths. Unless your main concern in raising the no-lynch stems from the random nature of the setup? That, I can grasp somewhat.

Because the point of holstering is to mislead town reading into the number of kills?

And honestly, nah. I'd rather no vig shot n1 because it's likely there are multiple vigs, and that can mean 4 or more deaths if they all fire. Like I said, my specific point was not to plan to read into the number of kills like you suggested because scum can holster.

This is usually why as of late I try not to be too much of a stickler for setup discourse, or at least not as much as I was at times in the past since as you've stated, the option to holster could spawn some confusion. The randomized nature of the setup doesn't help either.

I feel like Pendio is planting seeds with funnier here. He says he's suspicious of him but won't vote him just yet and instead votes someone completely different. I feel like if funnier started to get heat Pendio could claim that he was suspicious earlier and easily jump on a funnier wagon to look good. I think if funnier flipped scum I'd be going after Pendio next and vise versa.

There interactions don't feel genuine to me.

Now this line of thought had me thinking. I can understand as to where you're getting that "wishy-washy" vibe out of Pendio, but I do want to ask about the funnier-Pendio exchange? Is the ingenuine feeling you get from them coming from both sides to the equation, or more accurately speaking, in how they're talking to each other in the thread?

I kind of feel that kuros vote was more to start discussion than trying to push an easy lynch as other people have stated. To me something about kuro feels kind of off to be honest but I need to re-read to really put my finger on it.

I got a similar vibe out of Kuro as far as the vote is concerned, if only because my random vote on Pendio was already gone when he voted him if I recall correctly. This being noted, Pendio's vote count at the time wasn't exponentially high. Otherwise I really don't see anything off about him as far as my read goes.

I hadn't posted my thoughts about whether or not I think we should lynch today yet. But I agree with others that a lynch today would be beneficial. It would allow us to get a better sense of what the set-up might look like. And there's probably a few vanillas in the game, so it's not too dangerous to where we might be lynching a very useful power role. Plus, I think discussion has gotten serious enough to where we might actually be able to lynch someone for doing something legitimately suspicious instead of just random lynching.

Interesting perspective. Especially since I recall you've been more apprehensive to early lynching in past rounds. Not really sure how to feel about this, but I just found it interesting.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Interesting perspective. Especially since I recall you've been more apprehensive to early lynching in past rounds. Not really sure how to feel about this, but I just found it interesting.

Yeah, I knew someone would probably point that out. I guess just playing more games and knowing that it's hard to sway people to a no lynch anyways has changed my thoughts a bit. Not to mention, my opinion has always relied on the situation of the game. Since this isn't role madness, I'm less hesitant about lynching and it could provide a bit more info about the other roles we might be dealing with.

funnier6

Courage~
Incoming reads list~

Town:

Kuro- he's been doing exactly what I would expect so far. (btw Mez, were we suspicious for different reasons or did you misread too?)

Lilac- For a relatively new player she's doing her own thing and actively not going with the flow.

Music- Doing things as expected, agreeing with him always helps.

Null:

Minish- I like that you're being more active but I haven't seen anything AI yet.

Mez- I realized what bok said about your town game was probably right, but I don't really see it.

Karu- I just haven't been able to read karu yet, feels genuine though.

Emiya- Need more posts

Mido- He kinda disappeared after the day got serious but I don't see him doing that again so soon, I see he just reappeared though.

Deku- need more posts

Feenie- Spends a little while debating over who to lynch. Maybe it's play style differences but I think she should've voted someone instead of talking about it (other than her RVS naturally) need more posts

Bok- That big post full of quotes feels off, like you decided to find me scummy then found a bunch of posts that look scummy without considering my explanations and a grand finale of voting me. Plus typically when you scum read me I'm actually scum, but even then you don't read me this hard until day two. Just feels pre planned.

Scum lean:

Pendio- self pres on kuro in the middle of the day does not feel towny at all.

@DekuNut @Feenie @Mido @EMIYA Shirou What are your thoughts on the wagons right now?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Oh no, I got so caught up in what I was doing, I forgot to Unvote.

kuro - 3 (feenie, mellow, pendio)
funnier - 2 (minish, bok)
pendio - 2 (funnier, kuro)
Just by looking at the top three wagons, Kuro and Pendio stick out to me because they both voted for each other. I don't remember the order, but it looks kind of OMGUS and Pendio did say he placed his vote just in order to survive. That looks pretty anti-Town to me. Do you have any other reason to suspect Kuro aside from that?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
And for the record, my point was not that I wanted to read into activity then, but that saying there were no signs of activity level at that point was wrong.
So... you voted for Pendio just for the sake of starting a bandwagon? Why do you feel the need to start a bandwagon that early? The game hadn't even been up for 24 hours at the time of you placing your vote, and there were slightly more than 2 full IRL days left. Just seems a bit opportunistic to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind bandwagoning, after all I've always been very vocal about wanting Day 1 lynches. But we weren't even close to halfway through the first day yet, seems way too early to be bandwagoning like that.

Why put two votes in one? Was the first a joke referencing anime boys and the second a serious vote? Or are you just trying to show us your thought process or what? Also voting someone for activity at that point was kind of weird, I know it's been talked about but I was the highest poster at the time and all my posts were **** posts.

If he's inactive in all the games you've seen then that really shouldn't be AI.

Can't really see that happening. I think it's more likely that the serial killer holsters but even that feels slim. Both sides want as many kills as possible that are not being directed at them. Also the chance of a vig hitting scum night one seems pretty slim. I don't really like this point.

Then why vote for someone based on activity even it's based on previous games.

Ok you answered that here and I was reading through and quoting everything that stuck out to me. Idk funnier, you're not bad at reading people when you're town.

I always have and always will love and support traps. It is blasphemy to suggest otherwise.

His names spelled Gretzky. And you call yourself a Canadian.
I have no real issues with the first part of this post. Seems genuine enough. That being said...

I feel like Pendio is planting seeds with funnier here. He says he's suspicious of him but won't vote him just yet and instead votes someone completely different. I feel like if funnier started to get heat Pendio could claim that he was suspicious earlier and easily jump on a funnier wagon to look good. I think if funnier flipped scum I'd be going after Pendio next and vise versa.

idk why i quoted this, maybe I'll remember

I kind of feel that kuros vote was more to start discussion than trying to push an easy lynch as other people have stated. To me something about kuro feels kind of off to be honest but I need to re-read to really put my finger on it.

Just noting another pendio - funnier connection. There interactions don't feel genuine to me.

First you said that you don't like the idea of vig holstering because scum can easily holster to mislead town now you say you want the vig to. I know you're saying that we shouldn't read into the number of kills but to me it reads like you meant something else before.

I either need to break that down into smaller segments or reply to **** as I go rather than quoting everything then replying cuz my thoughts definitely were not as fresh when I finally started respond to things.
I'm not a huge fan of this. I feel like you're fishing a bit, and I think it's too early to assume that Pendio is "planting seeds". I'm unsure of funnier myself, but what makes him a better lynch than Kuro at this point? Are you trying to move the lynch away from him? I know you said Kuro is on your potentially scum list, and that you'd have no problem lynching him, so why not just vote for him? It does seem like you're reaching, and your opinion of Kuro kind of looks like a "throw suspicion on a scumbud early whilst avoiding lynching him so that, if he gets lynched, you can say you were suspicious the whole time as an attempt to gain some town cred".

Forgot about that, please supply all the whys and the wherefores on why those three are anti town.

Personally I don't see how you can think anyone is anti town so far, isn't that just scummy?
No? It isn't? When is it the right time to start finding people suspicious? This day one started getting serious early (you're welcome btw), and there's been plenty of great discussion. How is finding people suspicious scummy? I genuinely don't understand.

Why me if kuro turned up as mafia?

When i say "anti-town" I mean non town alignments so mafia or the serial killer, I guess I could of been more specific. I feel like I've said a lot of it already but I feel like your reasoning is weaker than when you were town in my game and I feel like the interaction between you and pendio feels a little fake. I feel like pendio is planting seeds so that if you ever looked scummy he could jump on the wagon and bus you to gain town cred (assuming you were both scum). As for kuro I just didn't like his comments about the vig. If there was a serial killer in the game and I had to guess who it was I'd say right now. Bold guesses I'm sure, but that's where I'm at with you three right now.
It's funny because I said it was a bit too early for you to be saying it looked like Pendio was planting seeds, but to be completely honest, I'm starting to get that same vibe from you now regarding Kuro.

Oh no, I got so caught up in what I was doing, I forgot to Unvote.

Just by looking at the top three wagons, Kuro and Pendio stick out to me because they both voted for each other. I don't remember the order, but it looks kind of OMGUS and Pendio did say he placed his vote just in order to survive. That looks pretty anti-Town to me. Do you have any other reason to suspect Kuro aside from that?
Kuro voted first. That's why I said earlier that Pendio's vote also looks rather opportunistic to me, much like Kuro's does. Although, I don't find it scummy in itself to vote for someone in an attempt to save yourself. May I direct your attention to Korra Book 3, in which I did that exact thing, although the circumstances were quite different (read: a lot different) in that case.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Forgot about that, please supply all the whys and the wherefores on why those three are anti town.

Personally I don't see how you can think anyone is anti town so far, isn't that just scummy?

No? It isn't? When is it the right time to start finding people suspicious? This day one started getting serious early (you're welcome btw), and there's been plenty of great discussion. How is finding people suspicious scummy? I genuinely don't understand.
Wait, I think I misunderstood this post. You meant Bok should be using the term "scummy" rather than "anti-town", correct? Or did you mean Bok finding people anti-town at this point is scummy? If it's the former, disregard what I said, I misunderstood the point you were making and I apologize.

Pen

The game is on!
Mez looks very town to me and Karu has a town lean for me as well. Minish is null, nothing really sprang out at me.

Would you mind elaborating a bit more on why you read Mezlo and Karu as Town?

I explained that already. I said that my vote on him was partially to survive. I didn't say it was just to survive. I already explained quite clearly the other reasons for my vote.

I'd like to add a few extra things. Firstly I want to make it clear that I'm also fine with lynching funnier today. I've seen him play as both Mafia and Town in the past, and something that has become quite apparent to me is how actively and generally good funnier is at scum hunting and playing overall when he is Town. I'm not getting that same vibe from his play this game, so because of that I would be completely okay with having him lynched. The only reason I'm keeping my vote on Kuro for the time being is because that wagon has a better chance of leading to a lynch. If more interest in lynching funnier is being showed I may join that wagon.

Also, something I just wanna point out is how protective Mezlo seems to be of some players. It's not a scum tell or anything, but it's just an observation I'd like to get out there in case I die today or tonight. Maybe it's something or maybe it's nothing idk.

funnier6

Courage~
So... you voted for Pendio just for the sake of starting a bandwagon? Why do you feel the need to start a bandwagon that early? The game hadn't even been up for 24 hours at the time of you placing your vote, and there were slightly more than 2 full IRL days left. Just seems a bit opportunistic to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind bandwagoning, after all I've always been very vocal about wanting Day 1 lynches. But we weren't even close to halfway through the first day yet, seems way too early to be bandwagoning like that.

I have no real issues with the first part of this post. Seems genuine enough. That being said...

I'm not a huge fan of this. I feel like you're fishing a bit, and I think it's too early to assume that Pendio is "planting seeds". I'm unsure of funnier myself, but what makes him a better lynch than Kuro at this point? Are you trying to move the lynch away from him? I know you said Kuro is on your potentially scum list, and that you'd have no problem lynching him, so why not just vote for him? It does seem like you're reaching, and your opinion of Kuro kind of looks like a "throw suspicion on a scumbud early whilst avoiding lynching him so that, if he gets lynched, you can say you were suspicious the whole time as an attempt to gain some town cred".

It's funny because I said it was a bit too early for you to be saying it looked like Pendio was planting seeds, but to be completely honest, I'm starting to get that same vibe from you now regarding Kuro.

Kuro voted first. That's why I said earlier that Pendio's vote also looks rather opportunistic to me, much like Kuro's does. Although, I don't find it scummy in itself to vote for someone in an attempt to save yourself. May I direct your attention to Korra Book 3, in which I did that exact thing, although the circumstances were quite different (read: a lot different) in that case.

Why do you seem to be for and against bandwagons at the same time? If it's just playstyle don't answer but if you have some sort of example on why early bandwagons aren't as good as later bandwagons I wanna know.

Why would Pendio self pres in the middle of the day? Where's the danger?
Wait, I think I misunderstood this post. You meant Bok should be using the term "scummy" rather than "anti-town", correct? Or did you mean Bok finding people anti-town at this point is scummy? If it's the former, disregard what I said, I misunderstood the point you were making and I apologize.

That's right, It was the terminology thing.

funnier6

Courage~
Would you mind elaborating a bit more on why you read Mezlo and Karu as Town?

I explained that already. I said that my vote on him was partially to survive. I didn't say it was just to survive. I already explained quite clearly the other reasons for my vote.

I'd like to add a few extra things. Firstly I want to make it clear that I'm also fine with lynching funnier today. I've seen him play as both Mafia and Town in the past, and something that has become quite apparent to me is how actively and generally good funnier is at scum hunting and playing overall when he is Town. I'm not getting that same vibe from his play this game, so because of that I would be completely okay with having him lynched. The only reason I'm keeping my vote on Kuro for the time being is because that wagon has a better chance of leading to a lynch. If more interest in lynching funnier is being showed I may join that wagon.

Also, something I just wanna point out is how protective Mezlo seems to be of some players. It's not a scum tell or anything, but it's just an observation I'd like to get out there in case I die today or tonight. Maybe it's something or maybe it's nothing idk.

So you're saying all that so no one will blink when you opportunistically vote me, kay thanks.

What do you think about bok?

Kuro

caw

Yes? Which is the same reason funnier had? Which you accepted without question?
Also why should I wait for some arbitrary undefined time to do something? Do you mean because of the content that might be there to work with from...people having done things?

funnier6

Courage~
Wagon reads:

If kuro flips town Bok and Mez look worse, I don't see the reasoning on their votes right now, especially bok.

If kuro flips scum bok still doesn't look good as that weak reasoning feels like an opportunistic bus. It's hard to read Mez since he's a championship busser but given he basically started the wagon I'd feel better about him. It also would pretty much clear karu if he's scum.

When funnier flips town I hope you all feel stupid. I just realized Minish removed her RVS so I'm not much of a wagon anymore, though there are a lot of people throwing shade and saying they're okay with voting me and then not doing it. I'll have to look back and check who they were, anyway Pendio is the worst one, as he basically said he would join only if it gained votes.

If Pendio flips town, well that mostly affects me since I'm the only one finding him at all scummy. I don't really get anything out of kuro.

If Pendio flips scum I would feel even better about kuro since he would look like a counter wagon, though I would think Mez would be more likely to bus if he was scum with him.

Honestly bok looks pretty bad no matter who flips.

Kay gtg.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This post is probably going to be a bit disjointed. I had quoted a lot of stuff, then felt some of it was unnecessary, and also changed my thoughts on some things as I was replying. Mainly I'm just really confused because I'll pretty strongly agree with something some is saying, then strongly disagree with other things that are saying. Which is making it really hard to get a read on some people.

I agree at a glance kuro looks just like before.

I don't think this really means much. We only have the previous game to go off and nothing else to tell us if he plays the same way as scum and town or if there are any notable differences. I get using meta, but using meta when you only have one game to go off of that is completely different than this one (seeing as the other was huge) just doesn't do a ton.

Because I was thinking I'd start a wagon on someone who isn't normally very active and you were the only one who fit. It's not like I find you suspicious the main object was start a wagon.

Why specifically did the wagon need to be on someone who isn't normally very active?

So far kuro seems much the same as last game so I'm only suspicious if his votes continue being strange.

He may have just been bandwagoning for sake of it without caring why but I need to reread that.

I mean, he pretty blatantly said he was bandwagoning just for the sake of it. He didn't say anything about agreeing with the inactivity reasoning, and even listed two other people who he felt he could tell would be more inactive in the game.

Actually Pendio is pinging me a little, idk if he was planning to be more active or if it was because of my vote but the increase in activity is not what I was expecting, especially since the day is barely half over.
And if he flips town I'll know if it's AI. But for the sake of this game I'm going to use anything and everything that strikes me as strange to help me read people.

Well, this is a smaller game, so that could be why Pendio is being more active. Plus he's been active in past games as well. It's not really a tell for him. Not to mention, you should realize that in the last game he wasn't active and was scum, but in the game before that he wasn't very active and was town. So it doesn't say anything about his alignment.

And honestly, nah. I'd rather no vig shot n1 because it's likely there are multiple vigs, and that can mean 4 or more deaths if they all fire. Like I said, my specific point was not to plan to read into the number of kills like you suggested because scum can holster.

Like Bok said, this is the opposite of what you were saying earlier. You said that the vig shouldn't holster cause mafia could just holster anyways to mess with the kill count. Not to mention, that doesn't really make sense anyways. We don't know if we have a serial killer or vig(s), so we don't know how many kills to expect anyways. Mafia wouldn't risk holstering when doing so could mean no night kills at all. Seems a little weird to say vig shouldn't holster, then to saying vig should holster because there could be multiple vigs and we don't want that many deaths. Perhaps you're scared of a vig of a possible vig shot?

Hm, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this post. At first it looked pretty solid to me, and I found myself agreeing with it. But it's also kinda seems like reading into things a bit for day one. It's hard to say for sure, especially since Bok hasn't been scum, so doing pre-planning like this as scum would be a risky move.

Anyways I don't really see the point in quoting one of my posts, asking a question about it, and then quoting the post I made with the answer in it.

I explained why I voted twice in the same post, it really didn't matter why I voted who I voted cause the answer is always to start a wagon and I don't really care who it is. (Sorta care now though)

I've completely thrown out all my previous notions about Pendio so hopefully I will be able to read him correctly.

I can see how you might be scum reading me, but voting me without waiting for me to address your questions is weird, are you really that positive?

Btw could you tell me what the difference is between town Mez and scum Mez to you?

First of all, in regards to you not seeing the point in quoting something, asking about it, and then quoting where you answered it, that just happens sometimes. People go through and quote as they see something they wanna comment on, which might be answered later. And then they either just don't feel like deleting it, or wanna add what their thoughts were as they read through. Plus, how is that any different than you voting one person and then in the same post unvoting and voting someone else?

Do you sorta care now about who you started a wagon on because you're catching heat for doing so? Or is it some other reason? Because I find it kinda odd you would care now after people have become suspicious of you for doing it. That's just what's gonna happen if you try to start a bandwagon on someone with no/weak reasoning.

Meh, voting someone before they can address something isn't weird. You can always remove it later and there was still plenty of time to do so. What is weird is the fact that you don't seem to like that, when you were trying to start a wagon on Pendio because he's been inactive in recent games, even though he had been active this time, and you could have allowed him to address your thoughts about him before voting as well.

Lilac want a no lynch and generally I don't agree with that anymore but her line of thinking seems to be similar to mine when i first started playing. I just didn't say it back then since mez was so goddamn tenacious about it lol. So slight town read for lilac.

I like this post. I had the same exact thoughts regarding Lilac's vote for a no lynch. When you first start playing, you want to rely more on power roles to try and gather information, and you don't really want to risk lynching them day 1 as a possible random lynch.

If I had to say who I would suspect bok but only if kuro turned up mafia. However bok is a smart player so I dont think he would make it that obvious this early in the game that he is mafia. Kuro is acting just like he did in delta and he was town and seems to have decent experiance in mafia.

Hm, two pretty similar reasons for connecting Bok and Kuro. I wonder if there was a plan proposed in scum chat to try and work this angle, and both of them went with it, instead of just one?

I don't think Bok would be trying to defend Kuro from a lynch with his vote, especially that early, and when Kuro wasn't in serious danger. And then Mez thinks Bok is possibly planting seeds for later about Kuro, when he was just super suspicious of Bok saying that he felt Pendio was planting seeds about funnier. Either it's suspicious this early or it's not.

I'm not necessarily sure if there is anything here, but there could be a connection with Mezlo and music and it's worth keeping an eye on.

Music- Doing things as expected, agreeing with him always helps.

What? I don't get what you mean by agreeing with him always helps. Mind explaining that? Plus, music hasn't even posted a ton, so how can he be doing things as expected?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't really know what to make of the wagons thus far. Others have already said what's on my mind so I'm having a hard time coming up with an original stance. I doubt there's much I can contribute to at this point, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom