• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
All right then, I'ma fall back on my tried and true method for finding scum in anime mafia.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

I would pick a generally inactive player but I don't think we have any this game. Well except Pendio, he's actually not a bad idea now that I think about it.

Unvote

Vote: Pendio
Are you picking Pendio because he was relatively inactive during the last game? I'm just curious as to why you voted for someone and then changed your vote to a different player in the same post.

funnier6

Courage~
Are you picking Pendio because he was relatively inactive during the last game? I'm just curious as to why you voted for someone and then changed your vote to a different player in the same post.

That's cause I really couldn't think of anyone until I after I voted Mido so I just kept going.

Relative inactivity in all games I've seen. Do you have any better ideas?

Mido

Version 1
Going through and trying to determine the possible combinations of roles at this time would be pointless, but one thing I want to point out is that we could have 2 scum in this game, 3 scum, 2 scum + SK, or 3 scum + SK. The latter is most unlikely, but certainly possible, so we definitely need to be on our toes because we could be dealing with a heavy scum team.

That being said, we can also use knowledge of the setup later on to our advantage, which is why it's important that everybody familiarizes themselves with it. As we lose people, town or scum, we can narrow down the possibilities for the combination of roles that are in this game and help us determine how many scum are actually in it.

I certainly don't think I'm the most adept at setup analysis, although at the same time JK9++ isn't a new beast to some of us with Johnny's revival game being the same I believe (although the random nature of the setup obviously won't spell out guarantees right now). At the very least, as far as today goes, we have a very basic framework to reference like you have already.

.Relative inactivity in all games I've seen. Do you have any better ideas?

I'm usually not one for meta study as a be-all, end-all thing, but I do think Pendio's been more on the mid-to-low activity scale as far as recent games are concerned regardless of alignment, so I'm not sure there's much there on activity alone. This being said:

Unvote

I think it's a good time as any to get the ball rolling like it's already been doing as of recent posts.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That's cause I really couldn't think of anyone until I after I voted Mido so I just kept going.

Relative inactivity in all games I've seen. Do you have any better ideas?
Well, Pendio already has more posts than half the players. He's already being more active than he was the last game. Maybe he has a history of being inactive, but it's not AI, and there are people in this game already who are more inactive. Why not vote for someone like Deku or Musicfan, who both have 4 posts, or Lilac or Feenie, who have 2 and 1 post respectively?

Granted, it's Day 1 and I'm sure those people will be active in the future, I just don't like PLing people for being inactive in previous games (yes, I would consider Pendio a PL) when they have more posts than half the players in the current game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
tbh, though, I think it's too early to be talking about activity really. The game hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet, and there are still more than two days remaining of the first game day. I like that we're talking about stuff though!

funnier6

Courage~
Well, Pendio already has more posts than half the players. He's already being more active than he was the last game. Maybe he has a history of being inactive, but it's not AI, and there are people in this game already who are more inactive. Why not vote for someone like Deku or Musicfan, who both have 4 posts, or Lilac or Feenie, who have 2 and 1 post respectively?

Granted, it's Day 1 and I'm sure those people will be active in the future, I just don't like PLing people for being inactive in previous games (yes, I would consider Pendio a PL) when they have more posts than half the players in the current game.

I like that you're not agreeing with me, could be you've learned but I'm inclined to town lean.

Idk, I never can seem to get anything AI out of Pendio.

Anyway I'm trying to start a wagon for purposes of having a wagon, I never said I'd stay on him.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I like that you're not agreeing with me, could be you've learned but I'm inclined to town lean.

Idk, I never can seem to get anything AI out of Pendio.

Anyway I'm trying to start a wagon for purposes of having a wagon, I never said I'd stay on him.
Agreeing with you = scum? well alright then, good to know.

Anyway, I guess that's fair enough. Makes sense to me.

Also I might as well remove my own RVS vote now.

Unvote

funnier6

Courage~
Agreeing with you = scum? well alright then, good to know.

Anyway, I guess that's fair enough. Makes sense to me.

Also I might as well remove my own RVS vote now.

Unvote

It is when it's you lol, that's literally the only suspicious thing you did last time you were scum.

So you're just going to wait and see?

I'm down for a lynch, we don't have much to go off of right now in regards to setup so we won't really have anything to discuss until day 2 when we see some people flip. Either way, a lynch still gives us information and there's more to the game than just the setup so I'd rather go into day two with as much information as we can rather than limit ourselves by not having a lynch.
I also like the idea of a lynch for the same reasons, but the question is how to go about that. We have until the 24th, so maybe we should give it a day and see who is being inactive and start some pressure voting on them and see what happens from there... because it is too early to say who is being active and who is being inactive right now.

@funnier6 You kept your vote on Pendio, are you okay with a lynch on him?

funnier6

Courage~
I also like the idea of a lynch for the same reasons, but the question is how to go about that. We have until the 24th, so maybe we should give it a day and see who is being inactive and start some pressure voting on them and see what happens from there... because it is too early to say who is being active and who is being inactive right now.

@funnier6 You kept your vote on Pendio, are you okay with a lynch on him?

Why is it a question of how to go about it?

As okay as I am with a lynch on anyone. Never too early to start up discussion.

Kuro

caw
Unvote

I know it's early in the gamr, but given the unpredictability of this set up, I want to ask everybody what you'd propose for the first day. Personally, I'm all for having a lynch, but I want to ask right away that the vig, if it exists, holsters the first night. Then, if two kills occur, we know we're dealing with an sk, which will help us narrow down the set up a fair bit. The best thing for us is to figure out how many people are on the scum team, and what dangerous power roles we could be dealing with.

Don't really like that thought, scum could easily holster to mislead town.

There's not enough now to really propose anything, but I agree with Bok that we want a lynch, and with funnier that we might as well start making wagons. Vote: Pendio

I have to disagree, you can already begin to tell who'll be more or less active. @karu and @musicfan, for example.

Kuro

caw
karu made some posts earlier though. I can't say the same for musicfan, but karu may be more active.
I'm looking at the amount of time someone's around as well. Karu's in the middle of the range in post count, but he's been in thread for at most a half hour total from the looks of things.

funnier6

Courage~
There could be more than one person who is inactive once some time passes so how do you determine who to pick to lynch in that case.

You pick one and change it later if you think someone else is better.
I'm looking at the amount of time someone's around as well. Karu's in the middle of the range in post count, but he's been in thread for at most a half hour total from the looks of things.

Didn't you just say we shouldn't be looking at activity as AI? Or maybe that was Feenie.

To be clear I don't think activity is particularly AI right now as up until a few hours ago no one was being serious.

Also karu's a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom