• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

caw
Didn't you just say we shouldn't be looking at activity as AI? Or maybe that was Feenie.

To be clear I don't think activity is particularly AI right now as up until a few hours ago no one was being serious.

Also karu's a girl.

Neither of us did, Feenie was saying it was too early to judge activity levels and I was disagreeing.

And true, nobody was being serious for most of today, but you still can get an idea of how much someone was/is around, that was what I was saying.

Ah, I should have checked..

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Also I had a quantitative psych class to study for. So I dont know what should be done day one no one is overly sticking out. kuro is the same as last game same with funnier. Mellow and Bok are jokeing. And the rest is typical day one antiques. I did not have time today for day one antiques.

funnier6

Courage~
Also I had a quantitative psych class to study for. So I dont know what should be done day one no one is overly sticking out. kuro is the same as last game same with funnier. Mellow and Bok are jokeing. And the rest is typical day one antiques. I did not have time today for day one antiques.

Antiques. XD

I agree at a glance kuro looks just like before.

What do you think about voting someone today?

karu

Panamaniac
The setup is based on RNG. There could potentially be upwards of 3 night kill roles since the setup permits mafia, sk, and vig to exist at the same time, so we have to be really careful because the worst case scenario for this set up is a 3 person scum team plus an sk.

I know it's early in the gamr, but given the unpredictability of this set up, I want to ask everybody what you'd propose for the first day. Personally, I'm all for having a lynch, but I want to ask right away that the vig, if it exists, holsters the first night. Then, if two kills occur, we know we're dealing with an sk, which will help us narrow down the set up a fair bit. The best thing for us is to figure out how many people are on the scum team, and what dangerous power roles we could be dealing with.
I personally don't think that a day one lynch should take place. If there is a SK and if the mafia have certain roles, we could end up killing another townie plus the deaths the mafia caused? We could lose a lot of valuable players in just the first day.

karu

Panamaniac
I'm looking at the amount of time someone's around as well. Karu's in the middle of the range in post count, but he's been in thread for at most a half hour total from the looks of things.
'He' is actually a 'she' :)
I had some free time in school, blame me for not seeing the notification that the game started yesterday night and not having time in the morning to read over and post. More than likely I'll be posting evening and late at night when I'm mostly free.

Kuro

caw
I personally don't think that a day one lynch should take place. If there is a SK and if the mafia have certain roles, we could end up killing another townie plus the deaths the mafia caused? We could lose a lot of valuable players in just the first day.
Look at it this way. People are going to die, unless the doctor/jailkeeper are lucky enough. By not lynching, town is simply giving ground. Going into the night with all 13 players, that's 12 targets to pick from to protect correctly blind, and while it's highly likely there's at least one vig, they have 12 targets to shoot between blindly. Meanwhile scum have less targets to pick from and can freely shoot any of them with maximum confidence that town has minimum chance of hitting or stopping them.
Better, then, that town lynches and gets more info that brings them closer to figuring out the exact setup and being that much closer to solving the game, and goes into the night with town PRs that survive now having 11 to choose from to target correctly, and so on.

As well, a lynch is controlled by town, it both can generate and be guided by town discussion. And let's say the worst-case scenario that a PR ends up in line for the d1 lynch, all that means is they're forced to claim as EoD approaches, preferably with enough time for votes to change, and either force the mafia kill on them or hopefully are protected, leaving town with a known and living PR. That then forces scum to either use up one of the powers they have early to bypass the likely multiple protection roles (and hope they get the right target if it's Bus Driver they have available) or find themselves hoping to hit a PR out of 9 targets. Now the initiative is on town's side, and the pressure on scum's.

karu

Panamaniac
Why you had to cross all that? That actually made it more difficlut for me to read

But I guess you do have point. Furthering the discussion today we might be able to narrow our suspicion on some people and then vote on who we beleive is the scummiest. But I'm still not sure about a day one lynch.

Also, why the freak are you starting a bandwagon this early in the game funnier?! Seriously, I've only played one mafia game with you, so I'm not sure if you do this in every game but this plainly sticks out to me as scummy play

Kuro

caw
And there it is again. Is there a way to prevent autocompleting tags? :/
'He' is actually a 'she' :)
I had some free time in school, blame me for not seeing the notification that the game started yesterday night and not having time in the morning to read over and post. More than likely I'll be posting evening and late at night when I'm mostly free.

Already was corrected on that >.<
But you did post in the morning/afternoon..? More importantly, all I was saying was that you were an example of how it was possible to estimate someone's activity level/time already, not challenging or accusing you at all. This seems a little defensive.

Kuro

caw
Why you had to cross all that? That actually made it more difficlut for me to read

But I guess you do have point. Furthering the discussion today we might be able to narrow our suspicion on some people and then vote on who we beleive is the scummiest. But I'm still not sure about a day one lynch.

Because XenForo hates you if you use brackets for anything other than BBCode.

It's not really that, it's honestly going to need a lot of luck for there to be any legitimate case on anyone day one. It's about the numbers and info game, and having the ball be in town's court.

karu

Panamaniac
And there it is again. Is there a way to prevent autocompleting tags? :/

Already was corrected on that >.<
But you did post in the morning/afternoon..? More importantly, all I was saying was that you were an example of how it was possible to estimate someone's activity level/time already, not challenging or accusing you at all. This seems a little defensive.
I'm either and aggressive player or a defensive player, it's random depends on how I'm feeling confidence wise. I wasn't really being defensive there though just explaining my situation at the moment. For example; woke up around 6am and went to school till 1:40, I posted a little towards the end of the school day but I started work around 3pm and my shift usually end around 11pm. This is also my schedule for most of next week so if I'm not active that's why

funnier6

Courage~

Also, why the freak are you starting a bandwagon this early in the game funnier?! Seriously, I've only played one mafia game with you, so I'm not sure if you do this in every game but this plainly sticks out to me as scummy play

To start discussion obviously.

Last game we were in I was SK remember? lol

Btw I think we have a very obviously not w/w interaction here.

Pen

The game is on!
Relative inactivity in all games I've seen. Do you have any better ideas?

I recall you saying in another Mafia game that you find my play as Town and as Mafia to be quite similar. Your reasons for voting me now seem a bit fishy to me. As other players have also pointed out, I don't really see your reasoning there. I'm inclined to vote for you since I find your vote on me so scummy, but I will let you explain it to me first. Maybe there was something I misunderstood.

Unvote

karu

Panamaniac
To start discussion obviously.

Last game we were in I was SK remember? lol

Btw I think we have a very obviously not w/w interaction here.
What does starting a bandwagon to start discussion and being SK have to do with each other? The way you worded this to me sounds as if you're saying "Last game I was SK so whenever I'm opposed to town I like to start bandwagons". I may be wrong but I find this suspicious funnier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom