• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
tumblr_mickref3r61qgy1evo1_500.gif

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Sometimes I feel like the person getting on ZD is not the same person irl. Like, I'm pretty well known in the music community in my area for being a really serious acoustic musician but then I get on ZD amd act like a total goofball. I think it's strange how I can be serious and silly at the same time.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I don't know how to sum up my emotions at the moment, so...

asdfghjkjhgfqtsrdtfygkuhljl.hfhndgxfcg

Sometimes I feel like the person getting on ZD is not the same person irl. Like, I'm pretty well known in the music community in my area for being a really serious acoustic musician but then I get on ZD amd act like a total goofball. I think it's strange how I can be serious and silly at the same time.
The two aren't exclusive. Heck, I label myself as "Always serious, except when I'm not." Either way, it's not like one version of you is any less "real" than the other.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I don't find it strange, those personalities are a part of you. I believe its important to be serious in your career, no questions about that, but when you have a little downtime or just hanging around with your friends don't be afraid to let your hair down. Show them the real you by just being yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
11130206_10152858133042108_7465272830101407565_n.jpg

I think I might have gotten the answer...

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is [...]
Now we know that Albert only knows the month of Cheryl's birthday. If we look at all the different options, each month has more than one option. May has 3 options (May 15, May 16, May 19), June has 2 options (June 17, June 18) and so on. This is why Albert does not know. No matter what month he got, he doesn't have a definite answer because there are more than one choices.

Albert: [...] but I know that Bernard does not know."
We know that Bernard only has the date. So here are the possible dates he got, and the months which they belong to:
14 (Jul, Aug)
15 (May, Aug)
16 May, Jul)
17 (Jun, Aug)
18 (Jun)
19 (May)
Both 18 and 19 have only one possible option. Meaning if he got 18 or 19, he would get his answer.
But Albert knows that Bernard doesn't know. Meaning he knows that Bernard's date isn't 18 or 19. The only way Albert can be sure of this is if the month he got isn't May or June. That means Cheryl's birthday is either in July, or August.

Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.
Bernard follows Albert's thought process and knows that Cheryl's birthday is either in July or August. That means the dates which Bernard are one of the following:
14 (Jul, Aug)
15 (Aug)
16 (Jul)
17 (Aug)
We know that Bernard got his answer. Since he only has the date, not the month, his date can't be 14. Because the month could be July or August. That means that Bernard's date is 15, 16, or 17.

Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.
Albert follows Bernard's thought process and comes to an answer. His month either is July or August. And since we ruled out 14 from above, here are the options:
July (16)
August (15, 17)
Since Albert has come to a conclusion, we know that the month he got must be July as it only has one option.

Therefore, Cheryl's birthday is July 16.

Wow, that was a waste of half an hour :3
^ My hand at the problem

Last edited:
Argghh I can't find the song I'm looking to post in the which song are you Currently listening to thread and it is driving me crazy. :/

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
feel free to to tell me my qualifying exam results any time you're ready.
11130206_10152858133042108_7465272830101407565_n.jpg

I think I might have gotten the answer...

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is [...]
Now we know that Albert only knows the month of Cheryl's birthday. If we look at all the different options, each month has more than one option. May has 3 options (May 15, May 16, May 19), June has 2 options (June 17, June 18) and so on. This is why Albert does not know. No matter what month he got, he doesn't have a definite answer because there are more than one choices.

Albert: [...] but I know that Bernard does not know."
We know that Bernard only has the date. So here are the possible dates he got, and the months which they belong to:
14 (Jul, Aug)
15 (May, Aug)
16 May, Jul)
17 (Jun, Aug)
18 (Jun)
19 (May)
Both 18 and 19 have only one possible option. Meaning if he got 18 or 19, he would get his answer.
But Albert knows that Bernard doesn't know. Meaning he knows that Bernard's date isn't 18 or 19. The only way Albert can be sure of this is if the month he got isn't May or June. That means Cheryl's birthday is either in July, or August.

Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.
Bernard follows Albert's thought process and knows that Cheryl's birthday is either in July or August. That means the dates which Bernard are one of the following:
14 (Jul, Aug)
15 (Aug)
16 (Jul)
17 (Aug)
We know that Bernard got his answer. Since he only has the date, not the month, his date can't be 14. Because the month could be July or August. That means that Bernard's date is 15, 16, or 17.

Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl's birthday is.
Albert follows Bernard's thought process and comes to an answer. His month either is July or August. And since we ruled out 14 from above, here are the options:
July (16)
August (15, 17)
Since Albert has come to a conclusion, we know that the month he got must be July as it only has one option.

Therefore, Cheryl's birthday is July 16.

Wow, that was a waste of half an hour :3

The correct answer is that cheryl is a dweeb for making her friends solve story problems to learn trivial information about her and she should feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom