• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School's Out: Recess Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
So, is Mezlo getting a replacement?

Also, things are clearly looking up right now. Assuming there is only one Mafioso left it could be pretty hard to pinpoint him/her though. The Cult Leader should be our biggest concern for the time being. I will go back and reread some of the confirmed scum's old posts.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
I do strongly suggest we all look through the scums posts which is a bit hard considering that one was completely inactive and the other was a Undercover cop. Im going to try to get in another post today about what I think about the situation.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok Lady of the Leaves is replacing Mellow Ezlo

I'm also going to be replacing Viral if he doesn't post soon.

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Greetings! I've sort of been keeping tabs on both this and the Avatar mafia game, but I still need to reread through this game (I actually intended to make a comment about the janitor, but that's going on in the other game, so I've clearly gotten myself mixed up on what's happening in which game.)

Hm, I'm really curious about Lugia, who earlier in the game claimed Mikey by mistake. I don't think she's scum- If they planned came up with a lie like that to keep her safe, I don't think they'd use such a major character that could easily be counter claimed.

But, I do think it's possible that the cult might have recruited her thinking no one would look at the basically confirmed townie. And, if that's the case, the plan was working. No one talked about Lugia at all. It's like she completely disappeared from the game.

As for who I think is mafia, I'm still thinking about it. I'm leaning toward Scarfed and Heroine, though Scarfed a little more. I do think another mafia member was in on my initial lynch.

Dekunut is confirmed town.
Lugi is confirmed Mikey (most likely town at the time, possibly cult now)

** Lady of the Leaves (5) - Sadia, Heroine of Time, Dekunut, Lugia (at least at the time), Scarfed **

EBWO(T)P? Well I totally forgot that posts will merge on this forum. Whoops. There should be an EBWODP in there.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Since Fused_shadows was technically on his own as Mafia (he doesn't know anything about the scum), I think it's fine for him to replace the inactive Viral Maze and rejoin in the game.

So in all, Fused_shadows has replaced Viral Maze.

Moonstone

1 why would I make such a bold move if I'm the last of the mafia.
2. I said befor if mellow gets a replacement he can vouch for what side I'm on.

I didn't even notice this yesterday. I got yo back.

0FYc6mT.gif

Actually, now I'll go into a little more about why I think Scarfed is more likely to be scum than Heroine.

Hmm, maybe this is a little Farfetch'd but maybe Fused could give his investigation results to others and decided to give it to his Scum bud Musicfan. Just some food for thought.

Also the way Deku seems to try to help Pendio makes my gut feel that he might be the cult leader who might have tried to recruit him during the night. It makes sense that the Cult would try to recruit one of the stronger players right?

The first sentence really stood out to me. Fused might have gotten an investigation result, but he died on the first night- I don't think there's he could have shared that information with the mafia, but I couldn't find anything about the undercover cop role. I suppose it's possible that the way the role works, the result could be revealed to the mafia after the night ends (and the mafia found out the results after Fused was already dead) But, I know Musicfan's role. So I can also see how this could be Scarfed trying to divert attention onto other players.

Scarfed not only mentioned musicfan in his post, but Dekunut as well, who is also a confirmed town.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
So If you know musics role and he knew yours you guys are either masons or lovers. On addition to scarfed he is a first time player and I could be wrong but if he was Mafia plus a first time player I would think thats how one would play by putting attention on others.

The reason why I posted that was just to add some wild speculation which could be true but probably weren't. It doesn't really make sense that I would divert attention from myself because, 1: I din't have a lot of attention on me so keeping quiet would have been smarter. 2: There was better people to divert the spotlight to which was already suspicious like Heroine of Time and Thar. If I truly didn't want any attention I would just go with the groups line of thinking and not go out of my way to post some really whacky theories about who it could be.

Also this is not my first mafia game it's just the first one on this forum.

Moonstone

The reason why I posted that was just to add some wild speculation which could be true but probably weren't. It doesn't really make sense that I would divert attention from myself because, 1: I din't have a lot of attention on me so keeping quiet would have been smarter. 2: There was better people to divert the spotlight to which was already suspicious like Heroine of Time and Thar. If I truly didn't want any attention I would just go with the groups line of thinking and not go out of my way to post some really whacky theories about who it could be.

Also this is not my first mafia game it's just the first one on this forum.

The thing is you did go with the groups on a lot of things. The bandwagon against me for example. Rep's lynch, too. Now, Rep flipped scum, but I don't doubt that the mafia was willing to let him go since he was being inactive anyway, and defending him would only draw attention to yourself. So, what better way to protect yourself than to be on the lynch off a scum buddy, even if the vote wasn't necessarily needed? And you say that your best defense would be to be quiet. Well, you have been rather quiet, haven't you? Posting enough to not gain much notice, but you're also on the low end of the post count at only 6.

Other low posts include-

Heroine (2), but that's sort of normal for her lately. Still suspicious, especially since she was on my bandwagon. Her vote helped get the ball rolling against me, while Scarfed was throwing more fuel on the blaze.

Viral Maze/Fused (3). I haven't played too much with Fused, so I don't really know how active he is. But did he request a replacement knowing the mafia was backed into a hole that he couldn't get out of?

Mido (6). I'm not really sure about him. I'll have to check through after work. It seems like he's been slipping under the radar.

Scarfed (6). Already given my reasoning on him.

Thar (6). We're still discussing him, so I'll have to check back in on that later.

Blackkirby (7). He's siding with me against Scarfed though. If we lynch Scarfed and Scarfed is town, he may be worth looking into.

Mido

Version 1
Okay, I snooped around for a bit, and I've been thinking, at least with concerns about the Cult. The Leader's recruitment remains consistent as far as we know. It's not much, but I wanted to delve into this because of LoTL's post:

Other low posts include-

Heroine (2), but that's sort of normal for her lately. Still suspicious, especially since she was on my bandwagon. Her vote helped get the ball rolling against me, while Scarfed was throwing more fuel on the blaze.

Viral Maze/Fused (3). I haven't played too much with Fused, so I don't really know how active he is. But did he request a replacement knowing the mafia was backed into a hole that he couldn't get out of?

Mido (6). I'm not really sure about him. I'll have to check through after work. It seems like he's been slipping under the radar.

Scarfed (6). Already given my reasoning on him.

Thar (6). We're still discussing him, so I'll have to check back in on that later.

Blackkirby (7). He's siding with me against Scarfed though. If we lynch Scarfed and Scarfed is town, he may be worth looking into.

Semi-Active players such as this make fine candidates for the Cult Leader. (I guess myself included in this case!) Based on what you have up here, I rule out Heroine and the return of fused basically due to their low post counts. I believe Viral has been busy with other things, and Heroine perhaps likewise. Her two posts contain a wagon vote and an exclamation about missing the day. While I don't believe she is a part of the cult, she could be Mafia. Speaking of low activity, where's Mr. Fig? I know this was mentioned before, but I don't think he posted yet. Anyway, the players in the 6-7 range look to be the best candidates. Personally, I became intrigued by this piece of banter:

I just wanted to say that Thar's vote at the end of the past game day stood out to me. It was so sneaky not even JC noticed it in his vote count. It might just be another random vote, but I wonder why Thar chose to unvote when Lady of the Leaves' death seemed inevitable.

Based on the final vote tally on Day 1, (I may have to look at the previous one), Thareous didn't need to necessarily save himself with his vote on Gummy.

Thareous said:
Lots of stress on "seemed". It looked like she might die, yeah, but that doesn't mean she would, and although it turned out Lady was lynched, her death being inevitable was not absolute. As for the subtle maneuver, it could be that I was trying protect myself, or maybe I'm of some importance for once and didn't want to take the chance of being dispatched arbitrarily. The tides of random voting can change very suddenly, so regardless of intent it was mislynch prevention, I guess you could say.

In that respect, perhaps ALIT was right to point out Thareous. Then again, not only did LOTL turn up town after her first death, Thar also brings up another reason for his actions. There's a chance he may be trying to cover up his tracks with the extra reason? Still, I find this situation to be a bit of a double-edged sword. Why did ALIT seem so intent on going after Thareous in the first place? Coupled with ALIT's semi-activity (Which is the norm in some cases) makes me think that he might be a candidate for the position of Cult Leader.

Last thing: MF and LOTL, I don't expect to hear any investigation results from you two since MF confirmed that he received results Night 1, yet I do want to ask. Being that you two have knowledge of each other's roles, do you share your received results, too? I personally don't know if this question can be answered as of yet, since I know LOTL just replaced Mellow Ezlo today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom