• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia E: GAHH! WEREWOLVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think this quote summarizes it quite well, really. You could assume that a play was made just to mislead you, using reverse psychology to get you off of someone's back. Or they could have intended that to happen and were actually planning for this, making it reverse reverse psychology. Or they could have planned that you would think they would have that plan to have that plan, making it reverse reverse reverse psychology. It's an infinite circle of contemplation which nothing real but gut feeling can arise from.
You wanna know something? I didn't understand a word of that.

mafiawiki said:
WIFOM is the circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of an opponent who acted with full knowledge that their behavior would be subject to scrutiny.
THIS, however, I understood perfectly, and then I realized that this was prolly what you quoted in :pikalove: when you first brought up the term and the only reason I didn't understand it then was because I didn't bother reading anything you wrote for most of that game lol

One, Zenox is....really not the sharpest crayon in the box. Whether Wyatt has a legitimate reason via Night 0 to press Zenox or not, losing him would not be as much a detriment to the town as some others.

I find it kind of egotistical to fight someone saying I'm foolish, but I hit two of the five scum in Mafia D and was right about a third that I couldn't pursue due to my death. Also that third was the Godfather. Honestly this is outright ridiculous to me.

Dude, it's like 4 hours into the day. Don't you think you're being a bit hasty? I'd rather we not speedlynch just because Wyatt says so.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get your own damn opinions people. I don't like us finding a "Town Leader" and just following him to the end of the Earth. We did that in Mafia D (sorry again) and that led us to disaster.

This is one of the reasons why I think Rainy's vote is downright absurd. (also ya I was trying to quote rainy in that post)

Kybyrian

Zenox said:
I find it kind of egotistical to fight someone saying I'm foolish, but I hit two of the five scum in Mafia D and was right about a third that I couldn't pursue due to my death. Also that third was the Godfather. Honestly this is outright ridiculous to me.

Considering this stemmed completely from luck as a result of your role as Vigilante, I hardly think that's a compelling argument.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Vote Tally:

Zenox: 4 (Kybyrian, Lord Death, Raindrop14, PK Flash)
Kybyrian: 1 (Zenox)

No Vote Cast: 10 (Austin, ALiT, Xinnamin, DracoMajora, Josh, Thareous, Rachel, Erebea, Hero of Time, Keeseman)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Rachel

be vigitant
Hi guys. I'm a little suspicious of Kybyrian with his aggressiveness toward Zenox. He could be trying to take out a threatening player on day 1, or maybe he's overconfident because he's scum.

It's too early to vote though, in my opinion. I'm a little confused on why PK Flash voted for Zenox. We don't have much evidence on him, and why not vote for Erebea since you think they're both stupid?

Vote Tally:

Zenox: 4 (Kybyrian, Lord Death, Raindrop14, PK Flash)
Kybyrian: 1 (Zenox)

No Vote Cast: 10 (Austin, ALiT, Xinnamin, DracoMajora, Josh, Thareous, Rachel, Erebea, Hero of Time, Keeseman)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Excuse me, Raj, but no member named Zenox exists here on ZD. Perhaps you're thinking of Jarl Ballin?

Kybyrian

Rachel said:
He could be trying to take out a threatening player on day 1, or maybe he's overconfident because he's scum.

Or I'm just following my meta... it's how I always play. People always overanalyze my playstyle like this. In varying doses according to no particular factors. I've given my reasons for suspecting Zenox, decide for yourself. It's not like I'm just jumping out there and voting Zenox and saying "he's scum no doubt trust me 100%". Plus, if I was scum, what would you mean by overconfident? It would be bad to be confident in lynching a townie as scum... that doesn't make sense.

Austin

Austin
I don't really see Wyatt as suspicious, like he's said, this is just his playstyle.

However, I don't really see any reason to vote for Zenox either, besides the fact that Wyatt has a hunch.

No replies? That's surprising.

VOTE: A Link in Time

Let the games begin.

EBWODP:

pretend I didn't say anything

First off, I'm sorry if it destroys my meta, but I have to

Vote: Zenox

Just because I don't want that much stupidity anywhere near me.

Vote: Erebea

For being relatively useless in Mafia games in general, plus I believe I know his playstyle well enough to say that he could stick with any senseless vote as mafia if it just dwindled us away.

I'd have to use this as one of two reasons that I strongly digress that Wyatt is the Town Cop. He's hard on Zenox later on, but here (and one or two posts down as well) he's not really hammering like his usual playstyle. I'd think if he had a Cop role and had information he'd push it out right from the get-go, especially if he believe the mafia would try and kill him like I did in Mafia D. Along with that, Wyatt's a hard ***, something I've sadly learned over time (and still don't entirely agree with).

Lurkers, why doth thou not post? Dost thou doubt?

Cause people have lives and the thread was only open for an hour, jackass. Go fap in a basement somewhere to pass the time.

:(

Lynching Erebea at any point during the day is really a useless waste of a lynch. Useless townies really only serve for nightkilling. The day is better left for lynching people that may be scum, less for trying to shoot for luck and hoping we hit some mafia because we went after a player that is generally useless no matter what. It's better if a vig were to serve up a nightkill on Erebea to root out the players who are typically detrimental to the town with their own playstyle than to chase them during the day. It allows true mafia to lay low;

Totally agree with this, as I learned night 1 of Mafia :pikalove:.

>implying I have a playstyle and am not just very, very forgetful

Better get that brain of yours checked out then, because I doubt I'm one of few that is absolutely sick of seeing you in mafia games.

Don't have much else to go off of, man. He's basically all we have.

Sounds quite a lot like the logic I used to push the lynch of PokaLink on day 1 in Mafia D. Sounds a little too much like it, actually.

And with that,

Unvote: Zenox

Vote: PK Flash

UNVOTE

Wyatt may say this is his meta, but he's said he changes his meta every game he plays (which honestly I don't believe, he behaves like an egotistical jackass every game) Wyatt always tries to be the one to lead the town, no matter what side he's on. His extreme aggressiveness does have me suspicious, but really, it being Wyatt and all, it doesn't scream Scum to me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom