• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Standing Up While Playing SS.

How do you feel about standing up it looks like we might have to. Do we? Would you give the game a lower score if we had to stand up to play? Would you like sitting?

Alar

Clothed in Green
well you would have to stand up to feel more immersive but it's only your that have motion control not your feet so you wouldn't have to , it would just be better to stand up

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would be unsatisfied if I had to stand up in order to play the game.

I really hate standing up to play games. It takes a lot of energy and exertion that I really don't want to use. I'm a very sedentary person. Quite frankly, if I discover that it's a requirement for playing the game, it will be a deal-breaker... I might decide not to buy the game.

Those motion controls have me paranoid about the release of such games... though so far, I can play most of them sitting down.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
i always play games for the wii standing up it makes me more jittery and lets me have more control

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Geez this is a tough question!! I've been wondering about this for a while, will I be standing or sitting. I'll probably do a combination of both.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
How do you feel about standing up it looks like we might have to. Do we? Would you give the game a lower score if we had to stand up to play? Would you like sitting?

Personally, the 'score' I gave the game wouldn't be affected by this, it doesn't really matter much. I mean, if I have to do it I'll find a way to... that's just how things go since it'll be a small sacrifice the game's asking you to make in order to play/experience it fully, and I know it'd be worth it.

That said however, for most of the time I will probably be sat down. As long as your arms and upper body is free to move, it shouldn't really matter what your lower half is doing... and I'm sort of like athenian on this one- I prefer to sit still while I play.
Also, I don't actually think I have the space in my room to stand up and flail around all the time... the distance between my tv and bed is such that I'll have no choice but to kneel up on my bed to play, unless I can find somewhere else to move my tv, but even then it'll be a squeeze. But, as I said, if I have to then I have to.

In my opinion, there's no way standing up is a requirement to play this game. I like to play WSports Resort while standing up, but Nintendo is not crazy to make a game 30/40 hours long, and where it's players usually play for at least an hour straight, that requires to be standing up all this time. In my case, when I grab my Wii to play a Zelda game, I play for at least 2 hours. Standing up is easy, but standing up for more than 2 hours isn't. :dry:

So I doubt SS will have this requirement.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I wouldn't really mind standing up. I mean, you can get your daily exercise easier! Just do not recommend it to your parents if you do not want to share video games.:xd:

Din Akera

Sniper
As long as your arms and upper body is free to move, it shouldn't really matter what your lower half is doing... and I'm sort of like athenian on this one- I prefer to sit still while I play.

I agree. Not only with the only needing your upper body to move, but also with Apple and Athenian. I prefer to sit while I play. Zelda works my brian not my body. XD I stand up to play guitar hero, mostly because my arms are so long that I have to let the strap down a bunch to play comfortably, but then it is laying in my lap, so i have to stand and play it over my hips. As a result, i never p,lay for very long. I have bad feet and they get tired standing there jamming to whatever song.

With SS, if i HAVE to stand to play I will not be very happy about it. Not at all. I have no problem with flailing my arms around, but I don't want to have to stand. Personally I think this would be a deal breaker for me. I would still probably get through the game, but I would not be happy about it. I would try everything else first. I don't think Nintendo will require it though. I think you will be more than able to sit on your couch, bed, etc. and flail to kill all the badies and save the princess, like all the other Wii games I have played.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
That said however, for most of the time I will probably be sat down. As long as your arms and upper body is free to move, it shouldn't really matter what your lower half is doing... and I'm sort of like athenian on this one- I prefer to sit still while I play.

That. Some people may just stand up and play (myself probably included), but as long as your upper body is free, what does it matter if you're sitting or standing? Today I was playing TP and decided to goof around and do sword slashes in the kind of way SS would have you do them and I didn't have any problems sitting down for it. In addition to that, I've poured quite a bit of a time before into the swordplay of Wii Sports Resort and I had no problem sitting down and playing it.

Honestly, I just don't think that there's anything to worry about with all this new Wii Motion Plus swordplay stuff. I trust that Miyamoto and Aonuma know what they're doing.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'm just gonna stand. Besides, can you imagine trying to cut a Stalfos in half while sitting on your couch. I just don't think it would be possible NOT to stand up.

L

Link's Fan 2010

I think it would be fun standing up and fighting the monsters in the dungeons! I can interact more in the action!

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I don't think that it would be a necessity to stand up but I will probably stand up because as some of the people above me stated, I think you get more into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom