• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a little hard to say what we can garner at this time from that list. 3 of the people voting on that list are from ZU, the other is a newbie. If we assume with 15 members we have 11 townies and 4 mafia, there's a possibility that one of those four people (myself included) are scum. It's also possible (and I think more likely) that the people on both bandwagons are townie. Seeing as we still have Saturday and Sunday I want to look at inactives.

Sadie is the only one I'm willing to excuse right now as they said they have family over, so there's no reason to vote or try to pressure them into talking for this cycle.

I'm satisfied with ALIT's post.

Linkdude74, PokaLink, and SavageWizzrobe are the next three with the least amount of contribution thus far. I would like to hear from them more.

Unvote: A Link In Time

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Linkdude74, PokaLink, and SavageWizzrobe are the next three with the least amount of contribution thus far. I would like to hear from them more.

Well I was at a wrestling camp for the first days of this game. I thought I already gave you a pretty comprehensive overview of my thoughts on this game? So what more do you want me to comment on?

I suggested that ALITs bandwagon filling so quickly was suspicious. I just haven't put much thought into each suspect yet.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Generally, it isn't permitted to edit your posts.

However, I'd read Diego's post before it was edited and virtually none of the content was changed. That rule is in place so that later on down the road information can't be falsified (not implying that any player would do that), so technically Diego hasn't violated it. A mod, like JC, can look into the edit logs if necessary.

Double-posting to "correct" a spelling error is allowed and actually preferable so as to keep confusion to a minimum. I don't know how this is handled at ZU, but overall I'd like to keep this from happening again if at all possible.

Carry on.
He corrected one letter, I just looked.

---

IGMEO Eoghan and Spiritual Mask Salesman

You guys seem to be flip flopping somewhat and that's something I don't really like. Though I don't know either of your playstyles and I don't know Eoghan's Mafia experience either (is he from ZU as well?).

I'm voting for my one hunch on this day though, it's not exactly my best reason but it's the only person I've been properly suspicious of today.

Vote: DekuNut

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
You Savage, are you still voting for me, or what?
I mean, not that it really worries me. I'm just... interested. If I got you rigt, you voted me because you felt like I was imposing myself, "trying way too hard to look pro-town"
It's all cool if you still think that, but I'm just curious.
How do youn feel about all of the people (me included) who voted for ALiT?
(I'll give you a friendly advice: compare them to the ones who voted for MusicFan. Look who started it, their reasons... you'll find someting... interesting there)

Or else... well, I think you are gonna need a bigger Vote

Well, you're starting to look a bit better to me lately, but you're not completely off of my scum radar. You do seem to be taking a leadership role, and I've seen a couple pro-town players do that in previous games.

Unvote

As far as the ALiT and musicfan bandwagons and the 4 people in common on each (yourself, Rosa, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Eoghan), you and Rosa seemed to have led the bandwagons, whereas SMS and Eoghan jumped on both, presumably to help secure a lynch or to blend in. As such, I have more suspicions of these two, particularly SMS since he seemed to flip-flop a lot. I feel okay with Rosa, since she was on each bandwagon before it gained momentum, and of course I feel better about you.

Overall, after reading through SMS's posts, he seems to flip-flop and jump on bandwagons, so he looks the worst in my opinion.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman
FoS: Eoghan

I also thought it was strange that a softclaim from musicfan completely changed the direction of the bandwagon. As such, I've been confused today, and I'm not the only one:

It seems like we're running in circles.

As such, musicfan looks a bit more shady to me. I'm not sure if he fakeclaimed and the Mafia played along with it, but I have played with him before and he's a good player from my experience.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
EBWODP

In this particular game, I'm guessing that there are 3 Mafia and a Serial Killer, based on previous games I've been in with 20+ players (those each had 4 Mafia and a Serial Killer).

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
One thing has been bugging me this whole game about Rosa. Now I know I haven't been very active in posting either and I'll explain why. I work 2pm-12pm 4 nights a week, which happens to be the time most of the people on here get to posting in this thread, and then on Tuesdays I usually have a D&D session to enjoy, I spend on of my other 3 days off with my gf which doesn't leave me with much. I love this new level of activity, as it is something I Haven't seen since my days on WotC(Wizards of the Coast) Paranoia Paradise section, a forum dedicated to mafia. I'm seeing text walls and lots of quoting and things like that. I unfortunately can only pop in quickly when I am at work and I will try to do so more often just to get my points out there, as I have been following this whole time. That brings me back to Rosa

Your Honor, there's a contradiction in this witnesses testimony

Let us find these ruffians and bring them to justice.

First thing is first: hiding and lurking is most certainly where you can find at least one scum. It is known. Don't let active lurking slide either. That is, people who make posts that are all fluff and no content.

Our other order of business should be to recognize that we have a backup. I'm not sure how backups work here, but from ZU if someone is not present for one day cycle without prior notification this is usually grounds for a modkill and being replaced. Before we go voting for an inactive we should keep this in mind: lynching an inactive does not get us any information. A bandwagon will form on the basis of a "policy lynch" so to speak, not on whether people make an argument against someone for being scum. As the to-be-lynchee has yet to post, we cannot see who they have interacted with.

In short, lynching an inactive is fruitless.

With that said, this is a new mafia community to me and I've only played with two of the others here. Unless anything happens, i.e. a daykill, someone acting particularly scummy, I'm likely going to cast my vote towards someone who has a low post count in combination with producing little content.

ALIT posted once, and only to answer a question of mine on the first page. No announcement of inactivity or being busy (as some other relatively inactive players have done). At this point I see him as the best lynch. I doubt he'll be replaced for inactivity since ZD is very lenient with activity and even if he does flip green, he's an inactive player and probably won't be useful to us anyway. For the first few days the town can generally make mistakes when it comes to lynching since we're nowhere near lylo.

There is a clear contradiction here. At the beginning of the game Rosa explained why lynching an inactive was a bad idea. we don't have any interactions to work with from someone who has barely posted. On top of that, inactive wagons on day one are very easy for scum to hide in safely as we gain practically no information from an inactive lynch. So why the sudden change of heart on the ALiT bandwagon? Saying lynching an inactive is fruitless, then leading a lynch on a inactive, I'm not buying it. This time I make a serious vote

Vote: Rosa Luxemburg

Libk

EBWODP
pkfroce (1) - pkfroce
Diego (1) - SavageWizzrobe
A Link In Time (5) - Rosa Luxemburg, Frozen Chosen, Diego, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Eoghan
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1) - musicfan

Day 1 ends on Sunday, July 26th, at 8:00 PM CST time. With 15 players, it takes 8 for a majority lynch.

*Linkdude74
I have my eye on the bolded players as well
I call you spaceballs because of your avatar. Sorry
And don't worry about it man. I don't care what you call me. Spaceballs is easy to understand that it is me.

Libk

EBWOTP
I messed up my comment in between quotes. I have my eye on the bolded players in the vote count

One thing has been bugging me this whole game about Rosa. Now I know I haven't been very active in posting either and I'll explain why. I work 2pm-12pm 4 nights a week, which happens to be the time most of the people on here get to posting in this thread, and then on Tuesdays I usually have a D&D session to enjoy, I spend on of my other 3 days off with my gf which doesn't leave me with much. I love this new level of activity, as it is something I Haven't seen since my days on WotC(Wizards of the Coast) Paranoia Paradise section, a forum dedicated to mafia. I'm seeing text walls and lots of quoting and things like that. I unfortunately can only pop in quickly when I am at work and I will try to do so more often just to get my points out there, as I have been following this whole time. That brings me back to Rosa

Your Honor, there's a contradiction in this witnesses testimony

There is a clear contradiction here. At the beginning of the game Rosa explained why lynching an inactive was a bad idea. we don't have any interactions to work with from someone who has barely posted. On top of that, inactive wagons on day one are very easy for scum to hide in safely as we gain practically no information from an inactive lynch. So why the sudden change of heart on the ALiT bandwagon? Saying lynching an inactive is fruitless, then leading a lynch on a inactive, I'm not buying it. This time I make a serious vote

Vote: Rosa Luxemburg
latest

Take a look at what I said in the beginning of that paragraph.
phoenix-document%28b%29.gif

Let us find these ruffians and bring them to justice.

First thing is first: hiding and lurking is most certainly where you can find at least one scum. It is known. Don't let active lurking slide either. That is, people who make posts that are all fluff and no content.

Our other order of business should be to recognize that we have a backup. I'm not sure how backups work here, but from ZU if someone is not present for one day cycle without prior notification this is usually grounds for a modkill and being replaced. Before we go voting for an inactive we should keep this in mind: lynching an inactive does not get us any information. A bandwagon will form on the basis of a "policy lynch" so to speak, not on whether people make an argument against someone for being scum. As the to-be-lynchee has yet to post, we cannot see who they have interacted with.

In short, lynching an inactive is fruitless.

With that said, this is a new mafia community to me and I've only played with two of the others here. Unless anything happens, i.e. a daykill, someone acting particularly scummy, I'm likely going to cast my vote towards someone who has a low post count in combination with producing little content.
I made this post prior to fully understanding how ZD runs mafia games. Namely, that the first day runs for an entire week, subsequent days can last for a few days, and the mafia are able to communicate privately during the day as well as night. Under circumstances I'm accustomed to as being normal, lynching an inactive is fruitless primarily because the player will be replaced when the next day begins. Secondly, under those circumstances the town chooses RNG to pick out an inactive, pressure them with votes, and see what the result is. Obviously as the game went on I learned that ZD runs mafia much differently than I'm used to and these strategies aren't as viable.

I disagree specifically with following a bandwagon - but I did not follow a bandwagon, I started one.

But seeing as how the first day cycle drags on and activity is not harped on as much as I'm used to, this presents something new to adapt to. As you can see from my post you quoted I pointed out that ALIT, if he plays like this, would be a player who actively lurks. I don't like that as I've seen scum pulling the same thing. A godfather, no less.

Note how I started the bandwagon: Looking at our activity list, while skipping Sadie who has given a legitimate excuse for inactivity.
I still think you have an anti-town way of going about your play, but I'll believe this for now.

Next up on the activity list we have @A Link In Time who's contribution is one post Day 1.
Unvote: Musicfan
Vote: A Link In Time

Lets hear some thoughts.

And now look at where the bandwagon I started gave us. ALIT returns with a lengthy post full of content and explaining his inactivity. Satisfied, I have unvoted. As Diego pointed out this gave us two bandwagons and a decent probability that we may have a scum who jumped at the opportunity to join in on them.

You'll note that currently my vote is not on anyone and I am not pushing for a lynch in any particular direction. And votes against ALIT have all been unvoted (I believe). The purpose of my bandwagon has been fulfilled.

phoenix-handsondesk%28a%29.gif

And now I would like to hear from you. You are also at the bottom bracket for activity with only 8 posts, 2 of which are double posts from just now. You voted for me early on in the day, likely out of joking, but now you return suddenly with a vote for me and accusing me of a contradiction.

phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

So now I must ask... did you skim too much to notice what it was I was doing in making a bandwagon? A simple mistake for a townie who has been busy...

phoenix-deskslam.gif

phoenix-objecting.gif

Or a bold move for a mafia member who wants to put the heat on a talkative player!

Of everything you've read for the day cycle, Salesman does not strike you as odd? DekuNut? JC? I've been told the latter two are acting differently than they normally do, yet this does not seem to phase you. And unlike them you have no problem with Diego or Eoghan, both of whom jumped on the musicfan & ALIT bandwagons that I created.

So what is it you're hiding, Linkdude74? Or perhaps Mafiadude74 would be a suitable nickname?

latest

Take a look at what I said in the beginning of that paragraph.
phoenix-document%28b%29.gif

I made this post prior to fully understanding how ZD runs mafia games. Namely, that the first day runs for an entire week, subsequent days can last for a few days, and the mafia are able to communicate privately during the day as well as night. Under circumstances I'm accustomed to as being normal, lynching an inactive is fruitless primarily because the player will be replaced when the next day begins. Secondly, under those circumstances the town chooses RNG to pick out an inactive, pressure them with votes, and see what the result is. Obviously as the game went on I learned that ZD runs mafia much differently than I'm used to and these strategies aren't as viable.

I disagree specifically with following a bandwagon - but I did not follow a bandwagon, I started one.

But seeing as how the first day cycle drags on and activity is not harped on as much as I'm used to, this presents something new to adapt to. As you can see from my post you quoted I pointed out that ALIT, if he plays like this, would be a player who actively lurks. I don't like that as I've seen scum pulling the same thing. A godfather, no less.

Note how I started the bandwagon: Looking at our activity list, while skipping Sadie who has given a legitimate excuse for inactivity.

And now look at where the bandwagon I started gave us. ALIT returns with a lengthy post full of content and explaining his inactivity. Satisfied, I have unvoted. As Diego pointed out this gave us two bandwagons and a decent probability that we may have a scum who jumped at the opportunity to join in on them.

You'll note that currently my vote is not on anyone and I am not pushing for a lynch in any particular direction. And votes against ALIT have all been unvoted (I believe). The purpose of my bandwagon has been fulfilled.

phoenix-handsondesk%28a%29.gif

And now I would like to hear from you. You are also at the bottom bracket for activity with only 8 posts, 2 of which are double posts from just now. You voted for me early on in the day, likely out of joking, but now you return suddenly with a vote for me and accusing me of a contradiction.

phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

So now I must ask... did you skim too much to notice what it was I was doing in making a bandwagon? A simple mistake for a townie who has been busy...

phoenix-deskslam.gif

phoenix-objecting.gif

Or a bold move for a mafia member who wants to put the heat on a talkative player!

Of everything you've read for the day cycle, Salesman does not strike you as odd? DekuNut? JC? I've been told the latter two are acting differently than they normally do, yet this does not seem to phase you. And unlike them you have no problem with Diego or Eoghan, both of whom jumped on the musicfan & ALIT bandwagons that I created.

So what is it you're hiding, Linkdude74? Or perhaps Mafiadude74 would be a suitable nickname?

I was going to point out the exact same thing with Phoenix Wright!! Plus you mentioned that you would vote for someone with low post count and content which is exactly what you did with ALIT.

Libk

Cool. I got what I wanted from that. I'm really liking these newcomers.

unvote

I will slowly be answering your questions. At work right now. I already stated in my EBWODP that I was suspicious of the others on the bandwagon. As to deku and JC, well I've never really understood JC as much as I haven't played with him but when I get home tonight I'm going to look through Deku's posts. I do agree something is off about him.

did I skim too much? Maybe a little. But I was also checking your reaction. Definitely someone I would rather lynch in later days if I have to rather than early days. Basically I'm trying to get reads on you new bloods to our mafia scene.

I personally don't have a problem with voting for any player on day one as long as we lynch someone. Why? It is much more beneficial for the town to lynch on day one especially if the lynch flips scum. The lynch will give us much more to work with going into the night and day 2 than not doing anything. I know that we could possible lynch a valuable player but the information gained from that lynch will be just as valuable in my opinion.

I'm happy to unvote A Link In Time (by the way I was the second person to vote for him, not Diego) especially if ALIT continues to contribute

So now we need to find someone to lynch. Some see mask salesman as a potential target. I understand where the theory is coming from but salesman is relatively new and I think is excited to play. Because of that, salesman's votes are jumping around. I think he is trying to understand the game better and not hiding behind bandwagon votes. In fact, I don't think the 4 people you voted for both musicfan and ALIT are scum. I think the scummy thing to do is to vote for someone in the bandwagon.

With that, I'm voting for the person voting for the bandwagon.

Unvote

Vote: SavageWizzrobe

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
While I don't have my notes with me, my feelings are towards SMS the most. I'll post with that info later when I actually have a computer. Until then, let me make my stance known.
Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom