• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Kasutony
Regarding Rosa's plan, I'm sticking to my guns and opting for the inactives. I'm not going to provide a read list of anyone, since those are generally garbage.

Honestly, my eyes are on musicfan and PokaLink right now.

musicfan's erratic behavior has me concerned. Even though it's typical of him to act this way, it's not typical for him to be so on edge this early in the game. The fact that he resorted to a soft claim on the first day is rather concerning. That said, I'm not sure if lynching him would be the best idea. If he's scum, his strategy has been rather poorly executed. The cop could always investigate him if needed, and he can be subsequently lynched or killed by the vig.

My second suspicion is PokaLink because of this post. I apologize for the confusion, SavageWizzrobe. I knew someone made this point, but I must have gotten you two confused, since you replied to PokaLink's post. The fact that someone traditionally plays a certain way is no hard evidence. Play styles can change from game to game, especially to throw people off. At one point, I used to be very active on day one.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've already said my targets and I have already cast my vote. I probably won't budge unless someone convinces me otherwise that a certain player would be a better lynch.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I find Dekunut scummy because of the way he was doing his own thing at first then suddenly started agreeing with people, it personally just looked weird to me.

I admit I am having some issues finding the flow of things, but if I get past this Day I assure you all I'll improve. The only reason I flip-flopped and jumped on bandwagons was to pressure the people to post, and also because I still wasn't sure who I'd go off and vote with my own reasons up until now. I'm not copying other players, I was actually the first person in this game to Vote Musicfan, I changed it but went back to voting him because the only reasons I voted Sadia and SavageWizrobe was to see if they'd post (and they did). I voted Dekunut once already before I voted ALiT to see if he'd post (he is posting now) and my intentions are to follow through with voting for Dekunut to be lynched.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Regarding Rosa's plan, I'm sticking to my guns and opting for the inactives. I'm not going to provide a read list of anyone, since those are generally garbage.
Why are they
I find Dekunut scummy because of the way he was doing his own thing at first then suddenly started agreeing with people, it personally just looked weird to me.

I admit I am having some issues finding the flow of things, but if I get past this Day I assure you all I'll improve. The only reason I flip-flopped and jumped on bandwagons was to pressure the people to post, and also because I still wasn't sure who I'd go off and vote with my own reasons up until now. I'm not copying other players, I was actually the first person in this game to Vote Musicfan, I changed it but went back to voting him because the only reasons I voted Sadia and SavageWizrobe was to see if they'd post (and they did). I voted Dekunut once already before I voted ALiT to see if he'd post (he is posting now) and my intentions are to follow through with voting for Dekunut to be lynched.
There are two reasons why I switched how I dealt with people. First, I realized that this was going nowhere, and if we were going to do something today, that conversation would not help. Instead I chose to let them do as they would, so we could get something done.
Second, they somewhat gained my trust. I shared my reasons for more or less trusting Rosa earlier today, and Dogei was because I started seeing why his play style could be a good thing. After all, that's most of what I had against him. I decided to let them go and do their own thing, instead of dividing the game. Plus, I never strictly joined them. I joined neither bandwagon, and, I believe, argued against both.
Now to get to work on my post about you.

Diego

Donger King of leis
I'm on a cellphone, so please excuse me if there are too many typos.

The "trap" as people call it wasn't created by me to catch a scum. It was to show you guys that things as extreme as voting patterns can happen on day 1 if we're active.

Personally, I don't think lynching Rosa is okay. She's one of the most active players, and lynching her just by speaking up is punishing activity, thing I showed time after time why is a bad thing.
On the same note, SMS, while much more sptty, has decided to take his fate on his hand and also speak up. That's great.
Eoghan is weird... I don't know about him.

I already have a really strong scum read on someone that I'm 90% sure will flip scum. But I need to wait for a little thing to happen tomorrow till I can actually go for it.

For now, as I said before, I rather lynch ALiT over DekuNut. But Alit talked. That means that BackRoomHelpDekuNut is my lynch today.

Vote: DekuNut

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My only problem with you, SMS, is that you've flip flopped not once, not twice but multiple times:

Sadia, SavageWizzrobe, Musicfan, DekuNut, Alit and then DekuNut again.

When I actually took time out to look at your post history, it was pretty surprising--even for a new player--to switch up voting that much in the space of a few days. Usually I wouldn't hesitate to vote for you, but an inkling tells me that maybe you're following because you're new to the game and either you want to fit in (and not be killed) or you're trusting people's views before establishing your own.

Though I don't think I can keep using the "newcomer" excuse all game.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My only problem with you, SMS, is that you've flip flopped not once, not twice but multiple times:

Sadia, SavageWizzrobe, Musicfan, DekuNut, Alit and then DekuNut again.

When I actually took time out to look at your post history, it was pretty surprising--even for a new player--to switch up voting that much in the space of a few days. Usually I wouldn't hesitate to vote for you, but an inkling tells me that maybe you're following because you're new to the game and either you want to fit in (and not be killed) or you're trusting people's views before establishing your own.

Though I don't think I can keep using the "newcomer" excuse all game.

Actually Musicfan was the first person I voted. It was Musicfan, Sadia, SavageWizzrobe, Musicfan again, Dekunut, ALiT and lastly Dekunut a second time.

To be honest I was voting because I'd trust people's views before I got my own together in the case of Sadia, and SavageWizzrobe. Musicfan I was going to follow through voting to be lynched until he claimed he was a special role Townie, obviously I want to keep him in the game (because I'm not Mafia). All the others I just voted to see if they'd post and I never intended to follow through to lynch because I've stated that voting to lynch someone simply for being inactive doesn't seem practical, and it's something I really believe. From now on I'm doing my own thing, and I assure you all, if I go on to the next day I will not be pushed around or pressured into jumping on bandwagons because I'm certainly not going to do it on my own free will anymore.

Eoghan said:

There isn't exactly anyone who hasn't posted at this point... just saying. Sure you could vote Sadia but I don't think it'd be fair to vote her and try getting a majority Lynch since she hasn't even gotten a real lengthy post in due to being busy...

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm on a cellphone, so please excuse me if there are too many typos.

The "trap" as people call it wasn't created by me to catch a scum. It was to show you guys that things as extreme as voting patterns can happen on day 1 if we're active.

Personally, I don't think lynching Rosa is okay. She's one of the most active players, and lynching her just by speaking up is punishing activity, thing I showed time after time why is a bad thing.
On the same note, SMS, while much more sptty, has decided to take his fate on his hand and also speak up. That's great.
Eoghan is weird... I don't know about him.

I already have a really strong scum read on someone that I'm 90% sure will flip scum. But I need to wait for a little thing to happen tomorrow till I can actually go for it.

For now, as I said before, I rather lynch ALiT over DekuNut. But Alit talked. That means that BackRoomHelpDekuNut is my lynch today.

Vote: DekuNut
In case you haven't noticed, these last few posts, as well as some last irl night, have been serious and bringing in information and sharing my thoughts. As this one will be.

@Spiritual Mask Salesman
Why I chose you is because I looked at the two bandwagons. There were five votes on each:
Music: Rosa, Diego, SMS, JC, Eoghan
ALIT: Rosa, Frozen, Diego, SMS, Eoghan
Rosa was the first person on each lynch (not counting your initial vote for Music, which I'll get to in a moment), so that discounts her. Diego was also often early to jump on and create the bandwagon. That, mixed with my tentative trust in those two, is why I'm not considering them.
JC and Frozen were each only on one. Because of that, I'm not looking into them that much just yet.
That leaves you and Eog. Let's take a look at how you two have voted this game.
SMS: Musicfan, Sadia, SavageWizzrobe, Musicfan, DekuNut, ALIT, DekuNut (you got your list right, I checked)
Eoghan: Musicfan, ALIT (currently not voting)
Here's where the difference between you lies. Eog voted only twice, for Music and ALIT, providing reasoning in-post for each. You, on the other hand, have had seven separate votes. That's a lot, and this is coming from someone who's been playing for over a year. Seven different votes in one day is a huge number. I understand that most of them were inactive lynches, but why did you go back (meaning for me and music)? Why did you unvote and then revote us? If Music was still inactive, then people would join you eventually, right? And if he went active, you would've just unvoted him, no big deal. So why return after people are already looking at him?
As for your vote on me, you thought I was scummy from the first vote, correct? If so, why did you unvote me to vote for ALIT? He had three votes on him at the time, and your only reasoning there was inactivity. Three votes at that point, the most on one person, I'd think would be enough to get them talking. Besides, almost everyone here would go for someone they thought was scummy over someone that was inactive, and that everyone has promised to be active later.
For either of these, why did you not argue for people to join you? Why did you not stay? And, once you left, why did you come back? Because there was a bandwagon on Music, and because you needed someone to look serious about lynching?

Also, last question, why did you vote for me the post after I voted for you?

The day ends in around 9 hours. Looks like SMS and I are tied - who does everyone else think should be lynched? Me? Him? Someone else? Speak up now.

JC: I don't believe the newcomer grace period works all game, simply the first day we at ZU allow newbies to live through the first cycle as means of courtesy. I won't hold it against anyone if they don't want to follow in suit, of course.

So thus far it looks like:

Rosa - pkforce or SavageWizzrobe
DekuNut - SMS or Eoghan
Savage - SMS or musicfan
ALIT - musicfan or PokaLink
JC - DekuNut
Diego - DekuNut
FrozenChosen has cast a vote for Savage (no comment after my post, however)

SMS: 2
DekuNut: 2
Musicfan: 2
Savage: 2
This is about half the players.

Seeing as how I appear to be the captain of the S.S. Day 1 lynch, I'd like to steer this ship towards what I believe is the best course of action.

First, I would like to back up ALIT's suspicion of PokaLink. I was considering him originally, but while he doesn't have a lot of posts and I didn't like how adamantly he defended ALIT on his own, I do believe he was sufficient enough in content to warrant me looking elsewhere, which is why I chose pkforce over him. One thing I didn't quite like about Savage was agreeing with PokaLink. I have been pondering if there may be a connection somewhere here amongst the players with low activity.

I am going to cast my vote for SavageWizzrobe, and I would encourage a few others to do the same (however, not so many as to produce a majority lynch). We still have about eight hours left in this day. I believe Savage wants to see SMS lynched, someone who I believe at best is a newbie who is trying to get a grasp on the game, and at worst a relatively harmless scum member whom we can take care of at a later date.

I think one of the more important reasons I find voting SMS for jumping votes is the fact that I'm told mafia can communicate during the day here. If so, why would the mafia allow him to keep vote hopping then they know it looks bad? With likely only 3-4 mafia members, having one of theirs bussed Day 1 doesn't strike me as a particularly smart move. That's why I think SMS is just making a new player mistake and isn't a mafia member.

Vote: SavageWizzrobe

I figured my vote on Savage and thoughts on SMS covered what you were looking for. But you asked for two suspects when I only have one so I'll say one more person I am suspicious of.
(Although this is minor suspicion)

JC's willingness to step in between Diego and Dekunut seemed a little too... understanding? I don't know, something felt off. And now his passive aggressive way of putting suspicion on SMS seems a little scummy to me.

Question: Is majority needed to lynch at the end of the day? Or is it whoever has the most votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom