• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm this makes me question the validity of the Kingdom Hearts rumor. I'm totally down for Mother coming to NX, but it almost seems too good to be true, you know?

But then again, why would EB do that? Maybe there's a troll there? I guess we won't know until it is announced.

If EB really thinks Mother is coming to NX, that awesome! But why post and then take it down? Must be too excited haha

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Another NX game found on EB games Australia.

13920981_1248395705172964_8476679412732375879_n.jpg

It's not there probably taken down. Still these worry me. It looks like EB games wanted to put them up and Nintendo ANZ said not yet so down they were taken. I've never seen any of thes leaked on EB games games, actually on the EB games site. Either taken down before I hit up the site or they are a rather good looking hoax rumour. I am tending to think there is more ot this than we think. I somehow don't think anyone would have expected this for the NX. I'm taking all of this with salt. But you never know. EB usually are good with games they put up there.
Hmmm this makes me question the validity of the Kingdom Hearts rumor. I'm totally down for Mother coming to NX, but it almost seems too good to be true, you know?

But then again, why would EB do that? Maybe there's a troll there? I guess we won't know until it is announced.

If EB really thinks Mother is coming to NX, that awesome! But why post and then take it down? Must be too excited haha

This one is 100% fake. I am positive.

EB games NEVER lists classifies their games as "RPG". It always says "Role Playing".
Here is proof with yet another RPG

https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-209397-Bravely-Second---End-Layer-Nintendo-3DS

So there is a clear difference between the Kingdom Hearts Leak and this one. The Kingdom Hearts 3 "leak" might still be fake. But the Mother Generations leak is 100% fake.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Porting Kingdom Hearts 3 to the NX is a big deal. It says a lot more aobut the NX than most people think. It is saying:

The NX is at least as powerful as the standard PS4. This is a big deal as UHD and 4k gaming is not really widespread yet and PS4 level gaming on the go anywhere would be huge and make the other major players stand up and take notice.
Yes and no. I suspect that the NX is less powerful than the XBOne, perhaps by a significant margin. However, the NX is close enough to be able to port games on it, for a handheld. It is just like how the New 3DS is almost close to the power of the Wii, and they ported their most powerful Wii game, Xenoblade Chronicles to the N3DS with pretty good results. Now, if there is also a dongle that does other computing as well when the player is at home. I think it may be even closer, and will perhaps be able to play the game at 720p. Especially if the NX is cheap, this can only mean good things for gamers like the PS4, as it could make the NX a fantastic secondary console.

The NX is easy enough to port to, that 3rd party developers are considering the NX now. There is not too many PS and XB games that would really find a home on Nintendo based on their content, but Kingdom Hearts is totally one that would.
Indeed it is. There is more to this as well. There is quite a good reason for porting these games as well. Because it is a handheld, this is not just a game that plays like the PS4 and XBOne. It plays these games on the go, and at home. NX actually has a purpose now, instead of just being an under powered console with a non-innovative gimmick.
3rd party develoeprs consider the NX to worth it, to prt games to. basically they feel they will get enough sales of ports to the NX. This is huge as a pure TV console by Nintendo would not get these kind of ports. Porjected sales of the port would be too low. But if we are talking about the NX as a hybrid console merging the WiiU and 3DS customer base into one console, then there is totally enough potential customers for ports like this to be deemed viable to go ahead.

It is saying that the 3rd party developers do not hate Nintendo. They just didn't find the WiiU viable to port games to. The NX obviously has won the 3rd party developers over, at least enough to port a few games to it. I don't ever think the 3rd party develoeprs hated Nintendo. They just hated the WiiU (for the obvious reasons). This si slwly proving that Nintendo will not live or die by what it is or what it stands for. Nintendo will live or die by what it's current gaming platform is and how well Nintendo itself supports it. The 3rd party developers will get on board initially (it is Nintendo after all) but if Nintendo drop the ball (like on the WiiU) then the 3rd party developers will leave). Meaning Nintendo have one shot to get it at least partially right, on the console launch day.
Nintendo need to advertise the absolute **** out of games like this. Nintendo want their 3rd party ports to sell. To keep them wanting to port games to the NX.
If we are looking at the NX as a 3DS successor instead of a Wii U successor. It's obvious it will get third party support.

Square Enix's most popular games that they most money of, especially in Japan, are on the 3DS. The Dragon Quest Remakes, Bravely Default Series, Kingdom Hearts on 3DS, and many of their franchises saw new light on the 3DS and fantastic sales in the eastern market. In Japan, the console market is dead. In Japan, the PS4 is a failure. It barely managed to sell 3 Million Units in Japan. That's not a big install base at all for a company that's based on Japan, and has exclusive Japanese games. The 3DS on the other hand, has sold over 20 million units in Japan.

If you were a developer, would you want to create a game with a big budget and have a 3 Million user install base? Or would you want to create a game on a lower budget that has a 20 Million user install base?
It is absolutely no question why Japanese developers came to the 3DS in droves. This is the reason why Monster Hunter 4 and Generations went 3DS exclusive, this is why Bravely Default took off. This is just another momentum of this because: You can now take your console games on the go. In Japan, this is huge.

The reason why the console market is dead, is because Japan as a whole works a tooooon of hours, so much so that they are almost never home. So, they play something on the train to work, or on the bus, or when they have free time at work. Nowadays, this handheld market is filled with mobile gamers on their phone. However, with the power of the NX, I am pretty sure that Nintendo can entice these mobile gamers back to Nintendo. Even still, the 3DS Market in Japan is still insanely profitable.

So yeah. Of course Japanese developers have absolute faith with the NX, because of the success of the 3DS. The playing at home part of NX obviously is more of an appeal to the western market. So NX will have a share in both of these markets.

Not only that, but I believe that NX will get something the PS4 and XBO barely have as well. Exclusive 3rd Party games. The XBO and PS4 barely have this, but I definitely believe NX will have since it is indeed a 3DS successor(along with a Wii U one). We will get a Bayonetta 3 exclusive, we will get Fatal Frame, we will get Monster Hunter, we will get Bravely Default. All of these exclusives, really do matter as there is a huge fanbase for these both in Japan and in the West. If they nail this, yeah. I can say for sure that with awesome 1st party support, NX will undoubtably be a success.

Yes and no. I suspect that the NX is less powerful than the XBOne, perhaps by a significant margin. However, the NX is close enough to be able to port games on it, for a handheld. It is just like how the New 3DS is almost close to the power of the Wii, and they ported their most powerful Wii game, Xenoblade Chronicles to the N3DS with pretty good results. Now, if there is also a dongle that does other computing as well when the player is at home. I think it may be even closer, and will perhaps be able to play the game at 720p. Especially if the NX is cheap, this can only mean good things for gamers like the PS4, as it could make the NX a fantastic secondary console.

Indeed it is. There is more to this as well. There is quite a good reason for porting these games as well. Because it is a handheld, this is not just a game that plays like the PS4 and XBOne. It plays these games on the go, and at home. NX actually has a purpose now, instead of just being an under powered console with a non-innovative gimmick.

If we are looking at the NX as a 3DS successor instead of a Wii U successor. It's obvious it will get third party support.

Square Enix's most popular games that they most money of, especially in Japan, are on the 3DS. The Dragon Quest Remakes, Bravely Default Series, Kingdom Hearts on 3DS, and many of their franchises saw new light on the 3DS and fantastic sales in the eastern market. In Japan, the console market is dead. In Japan, the PS4 is a failure. It barely managed to sell 3 Million Units in Japan. That's not a big install base at all for a company that's based on Japan, and has exclusive Japanese games. The 3DS on the other hand, has sold over 20 million units in Japan.

If you were a developer, would you want to create a game with a big budget and have a 3 Million user install base? Or would you want to create a game on a lower budget that has a 20 Million user install base?
It is absolutely no question why Japanese developers came to the 3DS in droves. This is the reason why Monster Hunter 4 and Generations went 3DS exclusive, this is why Bravely Default took off. This is just another momentum of this because: You can now take your console games on the go. In Japan, this is huge.

The reason why the console market is dead, is because Japan as a whole works a tooooon of hours, so much so that they are almost never home. So, they play something on the train to work, or on the bus, or when they have free time at work. Nowadays, this handheld market is filled with mobile gamers on their phone. However, with the power of the NX, I am pretty sure that Nintendo can entice these mobile gamers back to Nintendo. Even still, the 3DS Market in Japan is still insanely profitable.

So yeah. Of course Japanese developers have absolute faith with the NX, because of the success of the 3DS. The playing at home part of NX obviously is more of an appeal to the western market. So NX will have a share in both of these markets.

Not only that, but I believe that NX will get something the PS4 and XBO barely have as well. Exclusive 3rd Party games. The XBO and PS4 barely have this, but I definitely believe NX will have since it is indeed a 3DS successor(along with a Wii U one). We will get a Bayonetta 3 exclusive, we will get Fatal Frame, we will get Monster Hunter, we will get Bravely Default. All of these exclusives, really do matter as there is a huge fanbase for these both in Japan and in the West. If they nail this, yeah. I can say for sure that with awesome 1st party support, NX will undoubtably be a success.

What do you think about Nintendo (I think it was Iwata, but maybe Kimishima) saying NX is not a successor to the 3DS or Wii U? I believe he also said the 3DS will continue production.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
What do you think about Nintendo (I think it was Iwata, but maybe Kimishima) saying NX is not a successor to the 3DS or Wii U? I believe he also said the 3DS will continue production.
It's bull****.
NX is definitely replacing the Wii U. Because.... Well. There's absolutely nothing coming out on the system. Besides Sticker Star 2 and an inferior Zelda BotW of course.

Of course 3DS production will continue. There's a brand new generation of Pokemon coming out. Much like the transition from DS to 3DS, it's going to be a very gradual transition. But the NX will eventually phase out the 3DS just the same.

Also, Iwata said the exact same thing before, in that the DS wasn't a successor to the Gameboy Advance. And look how that turned out ;)

It's bull****.
The DS was not officially a replacemement for the GBA. But a new console most of the time replaces the old. You've got it spot on as usual.

I think if the NX is a portable thing as everyone thinks it is, the gradual phase out fo the 3DS will not happen. It'll be rapid. The 3DS could die march 2017, if the NX is what we all think it might be. I think the 3DS games coming out now are just a revenue stream till March 2017, just like the new NES. Nintendo need something till march 2017. Pokemon, and Colour Splash is basically it.

Dragon Quest XI re-confirmed for NX.
http://nintendoeverything.com/drago...d-for-nx-may-launch-alongside-other-versions/

Sakauri asked Square Enix about it and SE confirmed it.

The strange thing here is it's being released on 3DS, PS4 and NX. PS4 and NX I can understand but why 3DS as well as NX? Would anyone here beable to understand why there needs to be a 3DS andNX version considering that SE wants to leaunch all 3 versions at the same time.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
http://nintendoeverything.com/drago...d-for-nx-may-launch-alongside-other-versions/

The strange thing here is it's being released on 3DS, PS4 and NX. PS4 and NX I can understand but why 3DS as well as NX? Would anyone here beable to understand why there needs to be a 3DS andNX version considering that SE wants to leaunch all 3 versions at the same time.
Because the 3DS has a 60 million people install base, of which Dragon Quest games were extremely popular on it in Japan.

More of an install base means that more copies of a game is going to sell. Plus, the 3DS version is unique over the PS4 and NX versions.

Also, this means that the NX has the power to Unreal Engine 4 as well.

Because the 3DS has a 60 million people install base, of which Dragon Quest games were extremely popular on it in Japan.

More of an install base means that more copies of a game is going to sell. Plus, the 3DS version is unique over the PS4 and NX versions.

Also, this means that the NX has the power to Unreal Engine 4 as well.
I get your point, but I was thinking more in terms of the 3DS being dead come March 2017 if the NX is portable and all. Why make a game for a dead system, unless the NX is not what we think it is.
Also it was said the use of hardware is different for each system, but I do agree if the game was not wasy to port to the NX from the PS4, it would not be happening. Ported then tweaked a little for the NX hardware. DOes this make the NX, UE4 compatable? No idea but I think you might be right there.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I get your point, but I was thinking more in terms of the 3DS being dead come March 2017 if the NX is portable and all. Why make a game for a dead system, unless the NX is not what we think it is.
Also it was said the use of hardware is different for each system, but I do agree if the game was not wasy to port to the NX from the PS4, it would not be happening. Ported then tweaked a little for the NX hardware. DOes this make the NX, UE4 compatable? No idea but I think you might be right there.
Why did Pokemon Company release Black and White 2 after the 3DS released?

Yes, the 3DS may be ending in first party support. But the 3DS still has a huge install base, especially in Japan. Like, even with a really good launch for NX, and it sells 10 million in the first month. That is still a very small install base compared to 60 million. So it makes sense that SE releases it on the 3DS, just to recuperate costs. I mean, on the transition from the PS3 to PS4, third parties released their games like MGSV on both the PS3 and PS4. It's the same concept here.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles

Maybe because the NX is not a portable gaming platform.

I haven't been keeping up with NX news or rumors, but have we gotten any more reliable information that points to the NX being a portable device? Because I don't see that anywhere. I don't see any actual evidence of a hybrid other than what people want, and to be honest, if PS4 level games are coming to the NX, it isn't a portable gaming platform. The cost would be astronomical.

Why did Pokemon Company release Black and White 2 after the 3DS released?

Yes, the 3DS may be ending in first party support. But the 3DS still has a huge install base, especially in Japan. Like, even with a really good launch for NX, and it sells 10 million in the first month. That is still a very small install base compared to 60 million. So it makes sense that SE releases it on the 3DS, just to recuperate costs. I mean, on the transition from the PS3 to PS4, third parties released their games like MGSV on both the PS3 and PS4. It's the same concept here.
That makes a lot of sense. You just might be right here.

I haven't been keeping up with NX news or rumors, but have we gotten any more reliable information that points to the NX being a portable device? Because I don't see that anywhere. I don't see any actual evidence of a hybrid other than what people want, and to be honest, if PS4 level games are coming to the NX, it isn't a portable gaming platform. The cost would be astronomical.
Actually no. We have patents talking about removable control attachments to a tablet like device (think the gamepad but having the buttons as removable attachments). Also we have had 3D sound patents as well. Nothing specifically to say this is a truly portable console. Honestly we just don't know yet.

We also don't know if Dragon Quest for NX is at the same graphical level as for the PS4. We only know that it's confirmed and that each version will be specifically tailored to meet the hardware challenges/needs each console brings.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Not really. Well, not exactly.

If the rumors are true about the NVidia Tegra. They are quite the powerful chips for very cheap price. If Nintendo used the NVidia Tegra X2, then the NX would be a little bit less powerful than the XBO. Which, with some optimization and minor graphical down grades, will be easily to run PS4 games. So yes. The Tegra series are indeed really Powerul mobile chips. Not only that, but during NVidias investment meeting they did reveal that they had a rather large shipment coming in, but that they cannot reveal who it is. Plus, NVidia is desperate too. They do not have any consoles using their chip, so they would likely give Nintendo one hell of a deal.

That makes a lot of sense. You just might be right here.

Actually no. We have patents talking about removable control attachments to a tablet like device (think the gamepad but having the buttons as removable attachments). Also we have had 3D sound patents as well. Nothing specifically to say this is a truly portable console. Honestly we just don't know yet.

We also don't know if Dragon Quest for NX is at the same graphical level as for the PS4. We only know that it's confirmed and that each version will be specifically tailored to meet the hardware challenges/needs each console brings.
I think it's very important to note That the patents for removable controllers came after the Eurogamer rumor however. That in itself gives the rumor a lot more credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom