• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I never said it was the final design. I said that this design looks awful.

I know about the games that are coming to NX but find it hard to believe that DQ11 will look as good on the NX as it will on PS4, based on these designs. Again, I'm not one to base my opinion of a system based on power alone. Software has a lot to do with how much I enjoy a system. But I can see how some would be disappointed in a system that may not be on par with other current gen consoles.
This is a handheld though, that could potentially be close to being on par with the other next gen consoles. That has to be a huge boon. This is the most powerful handheld as a videogaming system. Of course, it would take a lot to port it, but could you imagine taking the Witcher 3 on the go whenever you want? And once you get back, you can continue playing it on the TV? Not only that, but you will definitely be able to play Breath of the Wild wherever you go.

And I mean, for Nintendo fans who love content. Like the 60 million that bought the 3DS, it's great. The NX will receive more first party support than the Wii U and 3DS combined. Since Nintendo does not have to worry about developing games either for the console or handheld, they can focus all of their efforts into one thing.

Not only that. But the problem was that the Wii U was extremely expensive for what it was. $350 was way too big of a price point of an underpowered console. Many people I know were very happy to drop money on a 3DS because it was so cheap. If they have this console be cheap, like if it's $200-250. It's going to sell well. The NX will set itself up to be a fantastic secondary console, much like the 3DS.

This is exactly some people hate the WiiU.

Precisely. Software will have to be amazing in order for sales to be better. And I think they can be, or at least Nintendo is trying to hint at bringing back some IP. Maybe that's just my optimism. Although, Wii U had some nice games. I guess it wasn't enough.

This is a handheld though, that could potentially be close to being on par with the other next gen consoles. That has to be a huge boon. This is the most powerful handheld as a videogaming system. Of course, it would take a lot to port it, but could you imagine taking the Witcher 3 on the go whenever you want? And once you get back, you can continue playing it on the TV? Not only that, but you will definitely be able to play Breath of the Wild wherever you go.

And I mean, for Nintendo fans who love content. Like the 60 million that bought the 3DS, it's great. The NX will receive more first party support than the Wii U and 3DS combined. Since Nintendo does not have to worry about developing games either for the console or handheld, they can focus all of their efforts into one thing.

Not only that. But the problem was that the Wii U was extremely expensive for what it was. $350 was way too big of a price point of an underpowered console. Many people I know were very happy to drop money on a 3DS because it was so cheap. If they have this console be cheap, like if it's $200-250. It's going to sell well. The NX will set itself up to be a fantastic secondary console, much like the 3DS.

To be honest, I'm taking all these "reports" with a grain of salt. While they may be true, rumors and reports have been wrong in the past. Now, from what I know, the Wii U design and concept was leaked before its announcement, and Nintendo went out of their way to deny the rumors. Or was that for the 3DS? Anyway, I would think Nintendo would have denied the reports if they were true. But that's not an exact science hahaha.

While this may be the most powerful handheld ever, the 3DS still has a future, according to Nintendo and President Kimishima. I'm just not sure if the NX will replace that system.

Personally, I couldn't care less about playing Breath of the Wild on the go. Maybe that's exciting for some, but some games can be better enjoyed on the big screen, while other games are perfect for on the go. That's just my opinion, though.

If done properly, the options to play at home or on the go could be nice. I will admit that.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Precisely. Software will have to be amazing in order for sales to be better. And I think they can be, or at least Nintendo is trying to hint at bringing back some IP. Maybe that's just my optimism. Although, Wii U had some nice games. I guess it wasn't enough.

To be honest, I'm taking all these "reports" with a grain of salt. While they may be true, rumors and reports have been wrong in the past. Now, from what I know, the Wii U design and concept was leaked before its announcement, and Nintendo went out of their way to deny the rumors. Or was that for the 3DS? Anyway, I would think Nintendo would have denied the reports if they were true. But that's not an exact science hahaha.

While this may be the most powerful handheld ever, the 3DS still has a future, according to Nintendo and President Kimishima. I'm just not sure if the NX will replace that system.

Personally, I couldn't care less about playing Breath of the Wild on the go. Maybe that's exciting for some, but some games can be better enjoyed on the big screen, while other games are perfect for on the go. That's just my opinion, though.

If done properly, the options to play at home or on the go could be nice. I will admit that.
Nintendo also said that the DS would not replace the Gameboy Advance.... And look what happened ;)
They also said that they would still be "supporting the Wii U" as well. And that is bull**** as we all know. 3DS will still get third party support until the NX starts selling a lot of units. And really, besides Pokemon there is nothing much coming to the system after that.

With the idea of the NX, as presented to us, that is perfectly alright. Yeah, maybe you could not care less about Playing Breath of the Wild on the go. I totally believe that a game such as that is perfect for the big screen. That just means you put the NX on it's TV dock, and enjoy the game on your couch to your heart's content. However, the option is still there and that is an important option. As you say, some games are better enjoyed on the screen, others are great on the go. But now we aren't limited on those games. There are many 3DS that I would love to play on my TV. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Kid Icarus Uprising, A Link Between Worlds, and Bravely Second to name a few. Now with the future games for NX. I have the choice to bring it to my screen, and take it on the go. Whether I take it to go, or play on the TV will depend on whether I am at college or on break, how much time I have, ect. But now, I can enjoy the same games no matter where I am.

See, if Nintendo pulls this off, and this is true. Then this truly is a console for all types of gamers. Whether you love to take your games on the go, or love sitting on your TV, or a combination of the both, you get many options to how they play your games. All this while still having the power of console. The system is at least as powerful as the Wii U. That is 100% confirmed.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The NX will set itself up to be a fantastic secondary console

I couldn't agree with this more. As much as I'd like to eventually pick up a Remaster-station 4 for all the... remasters... of PS3 games that I missed (God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted), the NX is definitely on my radar and that's even with very little information actually officially announced.

Besides, being able to play BotW while taking a poop? That's priceless.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I couldn't agree with this more. As much as I'd like to eventually pick up a Remaster-station 4 for all the... remasters... of PS3 games that I missed (God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted), the NX is definitely on my radar and that's even with very little information actually officially announced.

Besides, being able to play BotW while taking a poop? That's priceless.
Wait.... What if you can take a poop in Breath of the Wild.... While taking a poop?!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-08-01-ubisoft-our-vr-games-will-be-profitable
"We announced that we're developing Just Dance for NX and we have other surprises that we will announce later, but we also believe Nintendo has the power to reinvent the way families are playing," Corre tells me. "Nintendo is a fantastic powerhouse of brands that are really cherished by a lot of fans and families... I am still impressed by the reoccurrence of success and appetite even today for the Nintendo franchises on the current system."

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@tessylation will love this.

Kingdom Hearts has popped up in a he NX section with within EB Games Australia.

This source of EB Games is pretty considerable, and reliable. So thanks Australia! You actually have done something for us.

http://m.imgur.com/PnkLaU3?r

Looks like SE is going full force with the NX. Square will be an extremely valuable third party to Nintendo, and I hope this can make things like Super Mario RPG possible!

Another NX patent.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...c-button-attachment-for-a-buttonless-portable
The actual patent link.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2016/0231773.html

@tessylation will love this.

Kingdom Hearts has popped up in a he NX section with within EB Games Australia.

This source of EB Games is pretty considerable, and reliable. So thanks Australia! You actually have done something for us.

http://m.imgur.com/PnkLaU3?r

Looks like SE is going full force with the NX. Square will be an extremely valuable third party to Nintendo, and I hope this can make things like Super Mario RPG possible!
You know I am so pre-ordering this. Also EB games gere in Australia usually wait till they have their info straight before they allow pre-orders. So this looks like a pretty legit source. But the link is gone. It's not there anymore. (on the EB site) So this is interesting.

Watch this space.

@tessylation will love this, I agree.
I am not sure if you know, but I am a huge fan of the series. If this is ported to the NX, considered it pre-ordered be me as soon as I can.

@Lozjam I am calling you out because I have a few thoughts about this (I will say below in this comment) that I would like to see if you agree with or not. (You know I respect your opinions highly).

Porting Kingdom Hearts 3 to the NX is a big deal. It says a lot more aobut the NX than most people think. It is saying:
  • The NX is at least as powerful as the standard PS4. This is a big deal as UHD and 4k gaming is not really widespread yet and PS4 level gaming on the go anywhere would be huge and make the other major players stand up and take notice.
  • The NX is easy enough to port to, that 3rd party developers are considering the NX now. There is not too many PS and XB games that would really find a home on Nintendo based on their content, but Kingdom Hearts is totally one that would.
  • 3rd party develoeprs consider the NX to worth it, to prt games to. basically they feel they will get enough sales of ports to the NX. This is huge as a pure TV console by Nintendo would not get these kind of ports. Porjected sales of the port would be too low. But if we are talking about the NX as a hybrid console merging the WiiU and 3DS customer base into one console, then there is totally enough potential customers for ports like this to be deemed viable to go ahead.
  • It is saying that the 3rd party developers do not hate Nintendo. They just didn't find the WiiU viable to port games to. The NX obviously has won the 3rd party developers over, at least enough to port a few games to it. I don't ever think the 3rd party develoeprs hated Nintendo. They just hated the WiiU (for the obvious reasons). This si slwly proving that Nintendo will not live or die by what it is or what it stands for. Nintendo will live or die by what it's current gaming platform is and how well Nintendo itself supports it. The 3rd party developers will get on board initially (it is Nintendo after all) but if Nintendo drop the ball (like on the WiiU) then the 3rd party developers will leave). Meaning Nintendo have one shot to get it at least partially right, on the console launch day.
Nintendo need to advertise the absolute **** out of games like this. Nintendo want their 3rd party ports to sell. To keep them wanting to port games to the NX.

Another NX game found on EB games Australia.

13920981_1248395705172964_8476679412732375879_n.jpg

It's not there probably taken down. Still these worry me. It looks like EB games wanted to put them up and Nintendo ANZ said not yet so down they were taken. I've never seen any of thes leaked on EB games games, actually on the EB games site. Either taken down before I hit up the site or they are a rather good looking hoax rumour. I am tending to think there is more ot this than we think. I somehow don't think anyone would have expected this for the NX. I'm taking all of this with salt. But you never know. EB usually are good with games they put up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom