• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
As promised, my analysis of Minish_link's posts.

Minish_Link posted 29 times. Considering that it is only day 4 (day 5 if you include the solar eclipse) and that days only have 24 hours, it's a fair amount of posts. Although comparing it to, e.g., Jamie's posts (who posted 198 times), 29 is not that much.
A decent amount, though considerably less in the spotlights than other players.

My gutfeeling has always said that Minish-Link is scum. But since I was completely wrong about Libk, my entire analysis of the game can be thrown in the garbage. I tried to be precise, and to avoid any pejudices.

The idea to reveal the towns was a great one. It'll certainly help the town out later on. Plus, scum will already know who's in each others towns so it puts everyone on a level playing field. Seeing as Jamie proposed the idea and Bok seemed to also propose the same at the same time, those two have a slight town lean to them at the moment. Though as Mido pointed out, it could be scum strategy to gain town trust. Seeing as it's extremely helpful for town, I'll take it as town trying to help town for now, unless they do something to prove otherwise.

On that note, I do have to agree with others that Storm's disagreement with the idea and his actions afterword do seem a bit scummy.

This part really stood out to me. Confusion is the game for scum, but certainly not for town. Also, the reasoning for not revealing doesn't make sense. He points out that we'd have 3 other people to corroborate that the neighborhood lists are in fact true, but then still doesn't trust it? There would be no reason not to trust it, because we know for sure there are 3 town in each neighborhood who would absolutely point out if the lists were wrong.

Vote: Storm
Minish' first post seemed rather okay. A good post. She agreed with revealing the neighbourhoods, and with proper arguments.
Before Libk was revealed to be town, I thought that most of the mafia members had one major thing in common during the first day: they were originally all in favour of keeping the neighbourhoods hidden. A major mistake and in hindsight an easy trail. However, now that Deku has instead been confirmed to be a mafia member, we know this is not true. Deku from the very start agreed with sharing the neighbourhoods, thus rendering it likely that they discussed any sort of strategy or joint opinion on the neighbourhoods. But this was also one of the reasons why I disregarded Minish as a potential mafia member. In her first post she directly attacked the suggestion to keep the neighbourhoods hidden. Now that Deku flipped scum I no longer see this as a definite towntell. Not very scummy either. I think it was a good post showing a genuine intention to participate in the game. At the same time, though, I do find it notable that it was quite a very serious post to start the game with. People who start acting completely crazy or serious sometimes have something to hide. Though I often do that too (being town), so it's not very unusual either.

On to the next posts. In her next posts she continues on her first post.
I just don't see how keeping that information hidden would help town any. Mafia will already have that info. There's no way they wouldn't tell each other who is in their neighborhood. Not revealing puts town at a disadvantage, information wise. Plus it'll actually help with internal investigation. Now we can look at the interactions between certain players, and compare it with who is in which neighborhood, which can give us information.

That theoretical could happen regardless of whether we revealed who was in which neighborhood. Like I said, scum would let each other know who was in their neighborhood anyways so it's still the same. If we lynch townie day 1, mafia still know what neighborhood they were in and who else is in that neighborhood that they could kill.

Sorry, but I still just don't see how that makes sense. It's info mafia already has, us reiterating that info doesn't give them any more advantage. I can see how your theoretical could maybe make sense if the three scum were inexperienced players. However, just in your neighborhood alone, all four of you are pretty focused and experienced mafia players, and one of you are scum. Even if the other two scum are inexperienced players, the scum in your neighborhood wouldn't let them lose focus and make an error like that.

While I don't think that it harms anything with the info being out now, I do understand how you can be suspicious/upset about it being revealed so quickly due to the fact that not everyone was able to give their opinion on the matter. However, I think we've gotten a lot of discussion due to the reveal of the neighborhoods which is always a good thing.

You do make a good point about the manipulation thing though, and that does make me want to agree with Storm that Jamie might be the Survivor. After all, it would be in the Survivor's best interest to keep track of the alignments so they can have an idea of who is more likely to win and try to help them out.
What I like is that she seems determined. Would she be so determined if she was on the same team with Storm?
I'm not so sure... She might have understood that Storm's point of view was suicidal on day 1 and that it would be better to oppose that firmly. I mean, if she is scum she did survive all the way up till now. If she can do that it would be no surprise if she also understood that. But I see this as quite townish, it seems genuine to me.

With Tristan replacing Storm, I'm going to unvote for the current moment. I feel like I can get a better read of Tristan than I could Storm. I'll allow him time to post if he's able to before day ends and then make my decision.

Unvote
fair decision.

What does suddenly catch my eyes, as I will highlight in the following 2 quotes, is that you did seemed to lowkey question a lot of mafia members, while publicly supporting townies. This could either mean an incredibly good read or that you posessed knowledge that others didn't. (by the way. I treated Bok in the quotes as confirmed town. Not because he is, but in the case minish is scum, he is town and she will have known that)
I'd definitely like to see something from Cslaught since he hasn't posted yet and is the only member of my hut that hasn't said anything so far. Besides him, it would be nice to hear more from all of Neighborhood 1 (though Tristan has just joined, so I can't fault him too much), and Mido and DekuNut from Neighborhood 3.

Having said that, I have a read of town for half of Neighborhood 3, as well as my own. I don't have a good read on Neighborhood 1 at all, besides the early read of Storm, but I'd still like to give Tristan a chance. Therefore, I'm more inclined to try and find the scum in either my hut or 3's, since I feel like I've got it narrowed down a little bit more there. @Jamie and @Libk, because I lean more town for the two of you, do either of you have any opinions on Mido and DekuNut? Besides myself, Bok is the other person in my hut that I'm leaning town for, but it'd be nice to hear others thoughts.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit ramble-y. I've been up for a while, but I'm trying to get some thoughts in before I go to bed. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else has anything to say, and then make a final post before I go to sleep incase I'm not up before end of day.
What does suddenly

It looks like the lynch is going to be either Libk or Tristan. I still have a town lean for Libk, so I would prefer not to lynch him at the moment. So that leaves Tristan. Storm's posts didn't put him in a great position as a replacement, so it would have been nice to be able to hear more of his own thoughts to get a better read, but I feel like his lynch could give us pretty good information either way.

Vote: Tristan
She voted Tristan but he was of course already a dead man by then.

I don't know.. I would normally not even list this as scummy. But I'll try to be very critical in this post, I think that is important.

But adding to the last 2 posts, soon thereafter she posts the following:
I figured he might just be impossible to read, but wanted to point all of that out just in case. But your point about him having a scum read on Libk being similar to other games where he's bussed other maf is interesting and the type of info I was looking for on the matter. It was a thought I had, but I dunno, I'm still leaning town for Libk.

I agree that Mido's vote on Tristan does feel odd. He and DekuNut are the ones I've felt most suspicious of in that hut, but his vote along with what I pointed out make me feel more suspicious of him than Deku right now.

Vote: Mido
Now this is perhaps the most interesting post she made.
This was posted during day 2. There was a skirmish between Mido, Libk and Deku. Of course, we know now that Deku was scum, while Mido and Libk weren't. If Deku would've died that day, there would be 3 more confirmed townies and so it would've been game over for the mafia team. Whatever the stakes, of course they could not have let that happen. If you keep in mind that this could have been D-day for the mafia, it is also assumable that they have not been sitting still during that time. Attacking Mido too firmly and defending Deku too strongly could have the opposite effect, so if anyone would've tried to steer the discussions, they do would act like this..
Voting for Mido. Not saying you are NOT suspicious of Deku, but do indirectly support him by implying there is less reason to be suspicious of him, and again mentioning that you are leaning town on Libk. Libk was probably about to go down one day anyway, if you already mislynch Mido, being on the right side during the Libk lynch could regain some towncredit.

After that I'm leaving out a few more posts that were about the same topic, discussing evidence against Mido.

Well that escalated quickly. Haha.

Good catch. It does seem like it might have been a mistake, but I'm not sure yet. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly go back through everything yet, so I still haven't looked at things with the information of Mido being town in mind. This is definitely something else I'll consider while looking for other things though.
I never actually noticed this post. It wasn't scummy at all. But now that Deku died, you could also say that you are one of the first who publicly agreed with the notion that Dekunut's post in which he accidentally asked Pendio a question (who was killed by the mafia just before) was indeed a real mistake.
possibly.

big post:
Man, all three of you are hard to read, and me being the only one not from your neighborhood posting right now isn't making this any easier.

The bolded part was said in relation to Jamie asking why Storm felt Libk was scum. The only way Storm could get anything from Libk's disposition in the QT would be if they were scum buddies. I'm not sure I put much weight on this though, because Storm didn't make a lot of sense and could have meant Jamie's feel of Libk from their QT (even though that's not what he was responding to).

Back to this again. With Mido flipping town, this looks a bit different. If DekuNut is scum, he could have possibly been trying to help Storm out here, by pointing out that he should also ask about Mido. Though yet again, it was Storm, so not sure how much we can gain from this. Just still think it could be interesting.

In this post, and a couple others from day 1, Libk kept proposing that we should use our huts for internal investigation. With mafia still alive in all the huts, this wasn't really a good idea, since it would just be keeping info from other townies, while scum would have all that info. This is also one of the reasons Tristan got lynched. He was encouraging discussion within the huts, which is really beneficial to mafia.

Again, not sure if this is anything, but Storm was saying this to Libk, and if Storm knew Libk was town, why would he care if he was lynched next?

Storm said before this he had a "strong" town read for Jamie, and then he says he has no doubt in saying that Jamie is town or 3rd party. This could be true since Storm was mafia and would know this for sure. But it could also be him trying to really keep suspicion away from Jamie.

After DekuNut's last post, this part could be really interesting. He was the one that said we needed to be careful and keep watch of the nightkill, and then asks someone who was just nightkilled what their opinion was. Not so sure if that was just a mistake now. It could have been a strategy he came up with early on to try and gain town cred.

I'm just confused about this. Why would Libk provide more info than a Storm/Tristan lynch? Especially now knowing that they flipped scum and that was really helpful.

Mostly just think there is an odd choice of wording here. Tristan is asking Jamie who he thinks is scum, but for some reason in there he points out that he doesn't think Jamie is scum. I don't feel like that was necessary at all, since Jamie was the person he was asking, so there was no reason to bring him up at all in that sentence. Could be trying to distance themselves a little?

At this point, things were between Tristan and Libk, looking like it could go either way. If Jamie is scum, this could be a really calculated move to keep suspicion off of him for a while. He would know that Tristan was also scum, and with Storm's early postings that were extremely scummy, it would be easy to just go with him and gain town cred. If Libk were lynched instead and flipped town, that would put Jamie (assuming in this scenario that he is scum) in a worse situation than if he just went with a Storm/Tristan lynch.

After all of this, I'm still not sure. I mainly wanted to try and compile evidence for each member of that neighborhood and see what came about. Jamie has been playing very aggressively in a way that helps town, so I do want to lean town for him. Libk has been saying a lot of things that would be more beneficial for mafia, but I dunno if mafia would be so adamant in public about all of those things. He and kokirion have also had a bit of back and forth, and at the end of days 1 & 2, Libk's vote has been for kokirion. I feel like this could mean that a Libk lynch might give us some good info either way, but I'm not sure. Jamie's catch of Deku's mistake/slip-up, along with what I pointed out, is really suspicious. So right now, I'm leaning towards lynching either Libk or DekuNut, but I want to see what others think of the things I've discussed here.
In this post she drops her support for the "dekunut-made-a-mistake" theory and joined the neutral side. She is also in general less supportive of Dekunut, saying she doesn't trust both of them.
On the one hand I find this a really townish post. On the other hand, what if the mafia realised Deku might die anyway, perhaps Deku even asked his teammates to no longer support him. And even if Deku survived, it would never be for long. Jamie looked too townish, so Deku would be next anyway. No mafia team member would want to be seen as a previous supporter of Dekunut. But if this theory would be true, I would have expected you to be a tiny bit more agressive towards Libk, to slightly favour Deku.

Man, I'm really confused with this lynch, and it's such an important one.
I still feel like one of the two is TA, and the other possible scum. But being wrong about which is which would be really bad for town.
If anyone happens to be able to post before end of day, and is willing to weigh in on this situation, that would be greatly appreciated.
She stayed rather indecisive for the rest of the day

I didn't change my vote. I never had it on Libk, I just didn't vote until late in the day because I couldn't figure out who to go with. I was kinda hoping you (or someone else) might change their vote to Deku after there was a tie, because I still felt like Libk might be town. That's what I get for posting right after I wake up. I was trying to get my posts in before end of day, so they were pretty rushed and not thought out very well.
This post is a response to Jamie who questioned whether her last-minute vote on Libk was a deliberate action together with Dekunut to save him.

I did think that Cslaught would be replaced a little more quickly if he were mafia, but there have been things pointed out that could have been due to inactive scum. I don't fault you for not jumping in immediately. Especially since a lot has happened in the game, and it's hard to try and catch up on all of that. I was just wondering why there was a sudden town read on you without much to go on.
This is her last post, and the end of my analysis. In her last post she wondered whether Vergo might be scum.. I do not agree with this. Vergo seemed so so so town, so genuinely uninterested in the game. I am actually a bit in a doubt due to this last post. I see any attempt to discredit Vergo at this point as an attempt to spread doubt today, and to present more lynchable alternatives than yourself (if you would be scum)

I have been super critical during my post. But understand that I am rather trying to think about how I could possibly see anything scummy in any post, rather than that everything is what I believe. We have to be critical now. No one here is obviously mafia, so someone's alignment has to be different from what it seems at first sight.

I would love to hear a response. I will think about who I am going to vote for in the coming half an hour (roughly), to let it sink in.

I'm not going to vote for Vergo so I will choose between Bok and Minish. I already made a similar post about Bok yesterday, so I will keep both in mind

kokirion

I don't think ver would use the arguments he did about him being inactive as I feel like it'd be quite cheap to use if he does turn out to be scum. So I'm going to count on him being honest, and maybe that'll lose us the game but I guess that's how Mafia games are won or lost.

With that said, I'm leaning towards Kokirion as scum for a few reasons.

1. Deku's reluctance to answer my questions. When I asked neighbourhood 3 to give their opinion on my neighbourhood Deku was the only one who didn't reply. This makes me think that the player was active at the time. If ver is his scumbud Deku could of easily just said what everyone else said along the lines of "it's hard to get a read on him because he hasn't posted," given his reads on the other players and been relatively safe in saying that (he did say he is has no opinion on ver but left out any opinions on me, koki and minish. This makes me think that he didn't want to say anything about his scumbud as it might of given him away.
You did just say Dekunut didn't give his opinion about anyone in our neighbourhood. Why would this only make me look more scummy? I don't see how Dekunut not answering about our neighbourhood makes me in specific more scummy.
You are also maybe reading into his action too much. I mean, he was scum and knew he wouldn't survive long. Knowing that soon everyone knows he is scum, no one needs his opinion on us anyway. I think he was just lazy and saw it as a bother. If he stalled it he didn't have to put in any effort.

2. Kokirions vote against Libk.
I voted for him, yes. And I was really convinced he was scum. But would scum-me really launch a witchhunt against a person I already know is a townie? I know he will die at some point anyway and then everyone would find me suspicious. I had no reason to attack him like that if I were scum. At least not to this extent. That is really not my style.

How do you know Deku didn't try? There's no way he would of done it in the open and even if he did, it probably would of been too late to stop the bleeding as storm came out rejecting the idea of revealing the hoods quite early.
I don't know. But I have been in a mafia team with Storm in past games. Personally, I am always a bit anxious at the start regarding his possible actions. In past game I tried to do all I could possibly do to steer his behaviour during the first day.
The roles and set up were known quite a while before the game started. They know each other outside of ZD, I think it is logical that they talked about the game before then. They had plenty of time to discuss strategies. And even if Storm made a mistake, they could have so easily contacted each other and try to mend it. But I did not get the feeling that this happened during that time, so I thought this to be unlikely. Yes, in hindsight we know they were a team + their communication was probably ****. But I couldn't possibly know that. I still think I made a good analysis. At that time in the game it was a sensible read.

Libk saw a blatant lie here (even though he misread it). If it was a lie, he wouldn't of been the only one who saw it as Deku was in the neighbourhood to and would of been able to confirm it. With Libks mindset he knew Jamie was lying (mistakenly) and Deku would of to. I don't think this was exactly eagerness as he was probably thoroughly convinced Jamie was scum at the moment.
I did not blatantly lie. I mistakenly mixed up one of Deku's post with Libk. But as I pointed out thereafter, it was only a minor minor part of my argument.
Why would I even lie about something like that. I had 4 strong arguments against him. If I wanted to "frame" him I had plenty of ammunition. Any person who defends himself will look things up. If you lie like that you know absolutely certain that the person you are attacking is gonna use that to make you seem untrustworthy. Only a fool would try to frame someone by lying. So I promise you, this was genuine.[/QUOTE]

kokirion

I have been thinking during the time when I was writing my last posts.

My gutfeeling says that Minish is town.
I really believed Libk was scum, and made a bet on that. I motivated other people to join on that. But I was wrong. Today, for me it is a choice between Bok and Minish. I decided that today I will choose to join your bet, Jamie. I will believe you this evening that Bok's play is his town play. I do not have that knowledge about him myself, so I will trust you this time here and now.

In that case, only Minish remains for me. I will vote for her.

I actually hoped that get some more feedback before deciding, but I will go to bed in 30 minutes at most, so I have to make a decision.
In the next 30 minutes I will continue the discussions, but for me the day is already almost over. That also means that I have said most of what I could have said. Maybe it is not enough but even then it is okay, I put all my thoughts here in my posts, they can still be used.

Vote: Minish_Link

D

Deleted member 14134

You did just say Dekunut didn't give his opinion about anyone in our neighbourhood. Why would this only make me look more scummy? I don't see how Dekunut not answering about our neighbourhood makes me in specific more scummy.
You are also maybe reading into his action too much. I mean, he was scum and knew he wouldn't survive long. Knowing that soon everyone knows he is scum, no one needs his opinion on us anyway. I think he was just lazy and saw it as a bother. If he stalled it he didn't have to put in any effort.

It doesn't, this specific point narrows it down to you and minish. My next ones are why I picked you over Minish.

I voted for him, yes. And I was really convinced he was scum. But would scum-me really launch a witchhunt against a person I already know is a townie? I know he will die at some point anyway and then everyone would find me suspicious. I had no reason to attack him like that if I were scum. At least not to this extent. That is really not my style.

As to what your style is, this is really our first game together, I'm not counting the anime girl one since I didn't really get to play in it so I don't know your style. As to would you attack libk if you knew he was townie, why not? Makes more sense than you attacking scum if you're also scum. Attacking Jamie probably would of been suicidal as he had the strongest town read in the game so far. Libk would definitely be the better choice between him and Jamie.

I did not blatantly lie. I mistakenly mixed up one of Deku's post with Libk. But as I pointed out thereafter, it was only a minor minor part of my argument.
Why would I even lie about something like that. I had 4 strong arguments against him. If I wanted to "frame" him I had plenty of ammunition. Any person who defends himself will look things up. If you lie like that you know absolutely certain that the person you are attacking is gonna use that to make you seem untrustworthy. Only a fool would try to frame someone by lying. So I promise you, this was genuine.

You misunderstood me here. I never said you blatantly lied, I said libk saw Jamies post as a blatant lie which is why he voted for him so quickly

D

Deleted member 14134

Koki, I'm gonna read what you had to say about Minish now. I admit I should of waited until you posted your analysis on her as you promised to before voting for you. You definitely are the one I'm leaning towards now but I'll see what you have to say and give my thoughts on it after.

kokirion

As to what your style is, this is really our first game together, I'm not counting the anime girl one since I didn't really get to play in it so I don't know your style. As to would you attack libk if you knew he was townie, why not? Makes more sense than you attacking scum if you're also scum. Attacking Jamie probably would of been suicidal as he had the strongest town read in the game so far. Libk would definitely be the better choice between him and Jamie.
But, if I can explain right here right now why that would be an incredibly stupid move to make as scum, then why I would I not be able to see that while doing that? I mean, I understand how it works, so why would I do it?
Like I said, because I genuinely believed he was scum.

You misunderstood me here. I never said you blatantly lied, I said libk saw Jamies post as a blatant lie which is why he voted for him so quickly
You're right, I misunderstood that.
I suppose you are talking now about my accusation against Libk that he voted for Jamie too quickly? But I think it was scummy. I mean, you can never know for 100% whether someone is scum or not. Even if a person does a lot of scummy things, maybe the chance of him/her being scum would still only be like 90%. 1 out of 10 times that means that person is actually town. Yes, we know now there was a different reason for him to do that. But if he was scum, he would have done the same, just for a different reason. So I still think I made a good point there. It just so happened that the suspected foul play was in fact misunderstood genuine behaviour.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Not sure what to do. Part of me thinks that Minish_Link is scum and was working together with Deku to plan everything. Part of me thinks kokirion is scum and led a Libk lynch on the idea that he was good enough to defend himself from any possible lynch. I'm not sure. I'm going with my gut. Like Libk, I feel kokirions passion is just too much.
Vote: Minish_Link

Jamie

@Minish_Link @Ver-go-a-go-go I encourage both of you to place votes as well. I am not even close to convinced and so I feel fairly unconfident here and would be fine with kokirion as a lynched as well.

Jamie

In order of scummiest to least scummy:
Minish_Link
kokirion
Bok
Vergo
Myself

Basically vergo if you are scum I think we all agree you win. If Minish_Link or kokirion dies here and flips town I think we are going to have to take a close look at bok the following day before making a decision since it'll be lylo.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm still not sure what to do. I'm going to have to read some things over and see what minish link has to say about kokirions posts about her and jamies vote against her. I can't imagine Minish won't vote for Kokirion so @Jamie what do you think of a coin flip? If ver doesn't come and break the tie (assuming minish comes and votes kokirion) do you think we should switch to one person depending on what happens or are you ok with leaving it to chance?

Jamie

I'm still not sure what to do. I'm going to have to read some things over and see what minish link has to say about kokirions posts about her and jamies vote against her. I can't imagine Minish won't vote for Kokirion so @Jamie what do you think of a coin flip? If ver doesn't come and break the tie (assuming minish comes and votes kokirion) do you think we should switch to one person depending on what happens or are you ok with leaving it to chance?
I'm comfortable with a coin flip if it comes down to it.

Jamie

You know what, I'm changing my mind on this one. Last time I changed my mind it ended poorly but I remember Minish mentioning something about parity in the towns. How if Johnny has a role in neighbourhood 1, there must be an Asshole in neighbourhood 3. All I can think about that is how did Minish know it wasn't it neighbourhood 1? Given that Minish believed there was parity with the roles, I can only surmise that she is the Hot Potato.

Unvote
Vote: kokirion

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Vote: Kokirion

I want to get my vote in now, as it's obvious who I'm going to vote for if it has come down to me or him.
I plan on responding to his post about me, but it will take me a bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom