• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
So even though I never got around to being able to implement it, here was what my thoughts were if koki flipped town:
Bok or Minish would be scum, and I'd be leaning towards Minish. So, the question would be whether or not to hide behind Minish, I had this sort of thought process:
If it gets down to me, town, and scum at the end game, town wins given my role. I didn't really think of Bok trying to win with scum, which was a good play, but I had that in mind. Essentially, that means, as Minish would have almost certainly been lynched the next day, if Minish was scum, town would almost certainly win.

I had some trepidation when it came to the possibility that Bok was scum, where I boiled it down into 3 possibilities:
1. Bok realizes how if I don't die in the night, town wins -- And so, he targets me
2. Bok realizes how if I don't die in the night, town wins -- And so, he tries to target whoever I would hide behind (which he would probably guess is Minish)
3. Bok doesn't realize this, and kills Vergo since I'm too big of a risk to kill (since he's all but confirmed)

I concluded that in 66% of the cases if Bok is scum, hiding behind Minish Link is either advantageous or neutral, and 100% of the cases where Minish is scum. So, I was going to hide behind Minish lol.

But, Bok's final post would have ****ed that all up anyway because vergo would have died and then Bok would have essentially been able to decide who wins, which also confirmed him as not scum.

And then koki flipped scum anyway.

So I spent literally hours thinking what am I going to do in the night and my entire thought process is crushed and made useless not once, but two consecutive times. =^)

Also WHY did I switch from DekuNut to Libk? As you can tell, I properly picked Deku out and in fact I was pretty sure of him to start the game but--by his own admission, a slip up--made me change my vote. Hot damn I wish it was at least strategic.

At least I was involved in all 3 mafia deaths, that's good.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm so glad you figured out what I was getting at with my posts Jamie. I couldn't role claim, but was hoping that what I said hinted at my role.

I really enjoyed this set-up. Thanks for a fun game ALIT, and everyone else that played.

Jamie

"Well, let's start as we discussed:
*Koki kills Kaio-Kenshin*
And continuing the history of me following our next target
*Deku tracks Jamie*"

"Hmmm I was thinking of only killing Jamie while not making use of our second kill. Kaio is a threat, yes, but we can kill her after you are lynched and she seemed to support me quite often. Maybe she can br an ally even"

I told Deku I was afraid that Kaio would be killed and me tracked, so I actually debated not using my Asshole role that night, I was about 50/50 on it but decided to just use it. Thanks koki!

Jamie

I'm so glad you figured out what I was getting at with my posts Jamie. I couldn't role claim, but was hoping that what I said hinted at my role.

I really enjoyed this set-up. Thanks for a fun game ALIT, and everyone else that played.
I think your assumption that there was parity could have possibly saved the game. I asked @A Link In Time about a million questions pregame about the setup including that, so I knew that was wrong, but the fact that you thought it was right really helped.

Although, I imagine vergo would have voted koki and stopped the tie, but who knows.

Mido

Version 1
graph-up-crash-300x225.jpg

Yeah, definitely a rough performance this time around, but fortunately the rest of the town played splendidly! Good game on all fronts, I say as I cry myself to sleep due to my own shortcomings!

Two quick things:

1. ALIT, your flavor this game was fun to read. I loved it!

2. This:

I always have to read kokirion quicktopics, it always seems he has something cooking in there.... :thinking:

Knowing now of kokirion's alignment, this statement should come in handy! :cool:

...and one last time:

HUT!

Jamie

Really fun game, ALIT. There was a bit of luck on both sides (eclipse prediction, Deku's slip up for scum -- me not being tracked, storm dying early for town), but overall I think it was a great game.

There are possibly some things you can do with the setup, but I honestly don't think scum had /that/ much of a disadvantage. Had Storm died on say, day 3, that game would have been much much more winnable. It would have even been more winnable had I been tracked and you guys killed vergo and kaio. Would have ended up with me, koki, deku, bok and minish, and then deku would have died and then we'd be playing the odds of what I talked about in my previous post--whether or not I'm using my skill. I'd still have an advantage there because if I hid behind koki or you didnt pick right (either by targeting me or the wrong target when I use my skill or not targeting me when I don't use it), I win, so probably about 70-30, maybe 75-25, but this is a very realistic scenario that almost happened in a game where scum died on day 1.

Jamie

I'm disappointed in some of the mistakes I made this game. Such as the following:
1. Two consecutive days I started off suspecting Deku, and then switching my lynch target
2. I hid behind Minish at night even though I knew how suspicious kokis libk push was, I just read koki so poorly because he was so passionate
3. I nearly didn't vote for koki in the end game
Wasn't my greatest game I've ever played, I think I was average at best in it.

I hate playing against koki because as mentioned, he always plays roughly the same way. His play is almost inherently town because he's so passionate about everything, I get caught up in it. Silly me for not trusting Libk's passion but almost trusting koki's.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I feel like what really killed me in this game was the short day phases. Like I said, I wasn't even home for the entirity of Day 2, and barely on ZD at all, so I couldn't get much in. And Day 3 I tried to get a bunch of stuff in, but I just didn't have time because of the short day phases. I feel like this was the same with a bunch of other people too. I remember Koki making a reference to it regarding the final day phase, as did Johnny in his neighborhood QT. I will say though, it was nice having a fast-paced game going on.

Moving on to the game itself, I really did like the idea for the game. However, as seems to happen a lot with games on ZD, the gimmicks the mods build to make their games interesting got somewhat circumvented, and we as players didn't really use the neighborhood chats to the full advantage that we could've and should've. I also feel like sharing neighborhoods first thing kinda broke the game a little. This all just comes from people playing it like a mafia game though, so at the same time you can't blame them.

@kokirion @Storm @Tristan nice working with you gents. Hope to do it again soon.

Also, since Jamie killed me before I could be the asshole I always dreamed of...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This was a fun game, even though I was only in it for less than half a day! :P I at least enjoyed trying to predict people's roles and watching the endgame. Thanks for hosting Alit, and thanks for letting me play even though it was only very briefly! :D

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I think your assumption that there was parity could have possibly saved the game. I asked @A Link In Time about a million questions pregame about the setup including that, so I knew that was wrong, but the fact that you thought it was right really helped.

Although, I imagine vergo would have voted koki and stopped the tie, but who knows.

I had just assumed at the beginning that since there were 3 non-vanilas townie roles and 3 huts, that one would be in each. I wasn't entirely sure at first, but when Johnny was revealed as jailkeeper, I figured that was the most likely case. I was pretty rushed with my Deku vote though, so I didn't know if my subtle hint would make sense. Your move of hiding behind Deku helped a ton too. It really turned the solar eclipse against them.

I really am sorry about being a less-than-optimal replacement, it was kind of two fold in the way that I haven't been terribly interested in mafia for a while now and the day cycles were incredibly short. My first day was over before I really even had time to sit down and figure out the mechanics of the game.

I think this is the last game I'll be participating in for ZD mafia for a very long time, maybe for good. At least I get to go out with a "win" I suppose, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom