• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
i play to win breh
You play to not let me troll with dancing gifs breh

raw

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Reading through all the QT chats. @kokirion You were right in that I the clarification about the hot potato made me more suspicious of you. Since I gave it to you, I thought you might have been asking about it since you were mafia. However, I never brought it up as evidence against you since I thought it would be unfair, and also hard to do without role claiming.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Tmw all your votes were on mafia.
We need to combine into one being to become the ultimate mafia player with my pressuring and planning skills and your scum reading abilities we would dominate every game.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Seriously, I just lack the ability to make effective cases unless I catch a slip. Then I go all out on them. And I mean the end of day votes, at least. Because I did vote you once.

Libk

Like, I've had my moments where I've made good cases. Korra 2 is arguably my best game of mafia even though I lost. But that feels like an outlier compared to the rest of my history. Because that game I successfully led town through it, as an SK undetected, was able to NK most scum and led the lynch on one after they slipped. Only reason I lost was bevause the last scum and I traded on the last night.

Every other game, I get the reads on people, I just can't lead the lynch xD

Libk

We need to combine into one being to become the ultimate mafia player with my pressuring and planning skills and your scum reading abilities we would dominate every game.
We should have played that 2 player 1 role game....

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Good job Town!

Tbh, I wish I could have done more than just post day one and die, but that's how the game goes sometimes.

My plan was to Jail koki on Night 2 because I figured if Jamie wasn't scum koki was, and it would have hopefully gone for blocking their kill, which we could then grab another lynch. But that's all what ifs so I suppose that we'd never no for sure.

Nonetheless, good job to the Town, particularly Jamie and Libk for their performances!

Pen

The game is on!
Good game everyone! This was a very unique game for ZD standards. At first I thought the setup of it would make a Town victory a definite given, but it got very tied there at the end. I think the Mafia did a great job and were very close to winning. Of course the Town did awesomely too and won the game. Well played all around, I'd say! And last but not least, thanks ALIT for treating us to such a unique Mafia experience. It turned out to be much more fun than I had initially expected. Great work! :D

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I'm disappointed in some of the mistakes I made this game. Such as the following:
1. Two consecutive days I started off suspecting Deku, and then switching my lynch target
2. I hid behind Minish at night even though I knew how suspicious kokis libk push was, I just read koki so poorly because he was so passionate
3. I nearly didn't vote for koki in the end game
Wasn't my greatest game I've ever played, I think I was average at best in it.

I hate playing against koki because as mentioned, he always plays roughly the same way. His play is almost inherently town because he's so passionate about everything, I get caught up in it. Silly me for not trusting Libk's passion but almost trusting koki's.

Ughh, it's as much of an annoyance for me Xd. In the past I played differently every single game, regardless of my alignment, to make myself unreadable. But I stopped doing that some games ago and changed to an always-aggressive playstyle. It allowed me to have a big footprint on the town discussions without looking scummy. But I actually hate that now XD because I am pretty much forced to play incredibly aggressive every game to avoid looking scummy, and that takes effort...

My withchunt against Libk was mostly just to show my passion. It wasn't really planned though, my original plan was to lynch someone from Storm's neighbourhood. I felt like it was difficult to keep Storm alive for long due to his first few posts in this game, so it would be easiest to start clearing his neighbourhood. But I couldn't find anyone so instead moved on to Libk, feeling that it was better to start with the wrong neighbourhood compared to losing a mafia member on day 1.
I hoped that Jamie would join me. He had been in a similar skirmish with Libk before I woke up, so basically by continuing that I hoped he would be dragged in again. It worked, till Libk said he didn't mind getting killed, and he became so passionate that Jamie decided not to lynch him... Then I changed my strategy to keep targeting Libk, knowing that he was a townie, just to show my passion as well. Besides, Jamie was heading to become an accepted townie. If Libk ended up the same way, only Mido would be left to frame in Deku's neighbourhood. If I kept attacking Libk, perhaps he could be a potential lynch then as well...

Also Jamie, I was laughing so hard when I first opened this thread. I had already been thinking about everything I wanted to say at the start of the game, and I really hoped to obtain some kind of town leader role. But due to my timezone I arrived a bit later, and I saw that you said EXACTLY everything I wanted to say. Every little tiny detail XD you scumbag, and you stole the position I wanted right from my nose.
To make it worse... when I tried to do the same my own teammates were so adamant on trying to not make people see a link between us that they all publicly disagreed with me. That was nog helping us at all guys XD

But yeah. Tbh, I found this game extremely difficult to win for the mafia. One wrong move leads to dozens of confirmed townies and the neighbourhoods make it really easy for people to make theories about who is mafia and who is not. But it was still fun, I have to say that too. I am a big fan of experimental mafia games. The huts didn't work out as planned, I don't think they were used a lot, but they were an interesting concept. I liked that. And I enjoyed sparring with some of my oponents, like Libk, Jamie and Minish. Plus I met some players I've never been in a game with, such as Bok, what was pretty cool.

I think I played a bad game.. at the beginning and end I think I played quite decently, but halfway I was really busy and had a chronic headache. I was making so many goddamn mistakes it was almost embarrassing.... anyhow, I did enjoy it and that is what it's about. I won't join the next game, I am a bit too busy, but maybe the one after, or later.

Reading through all the QT chats. @kokirion You were right in that I the clarification about the hot potato made me more suspicious of you. Since I gave it to you, I thought you might have been asking about it since you were mafia. However, I never brought it up as evidence against you since I thought it would be unfair, and also hard to do without role claiming.
I knew it!!
hahaha. I figured right away when I got it that someone might perhaps already wonder why the eclipse wasn't launched on day 2. So I sprew a lot of fake theories in the air such as that maybe the mafia just forgot it, tried to save it for later or that the astronomer was inactive. But when I asked ALIT about what would happen if the person who holds it dies (because I wanted to destroy it), he accidentally posted the answer ingame.. which seems logical but I knew right away that the peron who gave it to me would now wonder why suddenly this question was asked. Why at that time? And why does anyone want to know what happens to the potato when the person holding it gets killed? Only the mafia can kill anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom