• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I've been thinking that although they aren't going to be talking NX at E3, they're showing Zelda. Zelda will be playable on the NX. I think this E3, despite not being used to showcase the NX, is going to be the start of the NX hype train.

We're also going to be getting a lot of info about how the NX will control. If the Zelda title is going to be on both NX and Wii U, then it will have to control similarly. Thus, we can safely assume that what we see regarding Zelda's control scheme will give us a taste of how the NX will control.

If we see motion control or heavy GamePad integration, we will know the NX will have some of both. If we see that there is little or no motion control and the GamePad is used only for a map, but not intensively, maybe that will be a sign that the NX will head in a different direction in terms of control.

So really, not having anything about the NX at E3 doesn't mean we're not getting any NX info. We may get more than we think we'll get via what they show on Zelda.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
June 12th can't come any sooner, Ihave to see what this game looks like. holy **** I'm getting hyped when I shouldn't be.

Anyone read the 4chan rumors yet? Here's the pastebin for them:
http://pastebin.com/2fFl6yPa

If the game is anything like those rumors describe, i think we're in for a decidedly solid time. Of course, I don't believe them for a second especially given the "insider" language and formatting the rumors use...but holy crap I can't help but get hyped. Cruising around with my girl Nayru. who woulda thought? And Link...being voiced? oh em gee.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
June 12th can't come any sooner, Ihave to see what this game looks like. holy **** I'm getting hyped when I shouldn't be.

If the game is anything like those rumors describe, i think we're in for a decidedly solid time. Of course, I don't believe them for a second especially given the "insider" language and formatting the rumors use...but holy crap I can't help but get hyped. Cruising around with my girl Nayru. who woulda thought? And Link...being voiced? oh em gee.
Very interesting.
I don't exactly believe it, but it seems pretty cool. A lot of these are safe guesses, so I could see a lot of this being true.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.

Well I like it a lot more than the other rumors.

And there's no mention of Link being customizable, so I hope this is true. Lol

What is stopping Zelda U/NX from having multiple playable characters, all needed for story progression? Link and Linkle and whoever else. MM had Kafei. Sure only for 30 seconds and sure only for a side quest, but a very indepth one. Technically though it is a different character you could play as.

People think you will choose Link or a female. What if it was both at different times in the game?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I love to hate the concept of Link being a huge dick hole though. I mean, it's definitely different, and it's kind of nice for a change of pace.

Link talking though... I don't know how I feel about that.

To be honest, this all sounds plausible if Nintendo is going for a more WRPG style. But then again, it's Official or nuthin' to me at this point.

But oh man....Link with more than a few spoken lines and an attitude problem... I can only imagine the flying fur. It doesn't bother me all that much however if true. We've had Links who were sweeties and Links who were more outgoing and friendly. We've had Links who were lazy and Links who were businessmen and sometimes both. If you count Hyrule Warriors, we've had a Link that was an arrogant idiot. I think "Grumpy!Link" is kind of overdue.

People think you will choose Link or a female. What if it was both at different times in the game?

This is the most likely real answer. This is what we've had in games with different playable characters in the past. Spirit Tracks had playable Zelda, but she didn't replace Link in any way.

Honestly, I kind of like the idea of a grumpy Link. Not like Batman grumpy, so to say, but more like Takumi grumpy, where he slowly opens up. Actually, the more I think about it, this could help develop Link as an actual character and separate the ideology that he's just an avatar...

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like the sound of the light and heavy attack combos. I liked that about hyrule warriors. Zelda combat can be a bit basic and slow paced a lot of the time so hopefully this will spice things up.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Hmmm...
Gamexplain apparently has their own tumors from insiders such as Emily Rogers and the guy who runs Nintendo World Report.

So there are only 4 main dungeons in the entire game

There are over 100 minidungeons however

The theme of the game is technology versus fantasy(this is ****ing obvious)

And there's weather patterns

Eh... These are easy guesses. The only thing really that's new is the 4 main dungeons thing.

Assuming this is real(which Eh.... I don't know it really is), then I would assume the 4 main dungeons are extremely large, and may be 3 times as big as temples from TP and such. I think that's the likely thing.

Having 100+ minidungeons. That's great. But I think again, easy guess.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hmmm...
Gamexplain apparently has their own tumors from insiders such as Emily Rogers and the guy who runs Nintendo World Report.

So there are only 4 main dungeons in the entire game

There are over 100 minidungeons however

The theme of the game is technology versus fantasy(this is ****ing obvious)

And there's weather patterns

Eh... These are easy guesses. The only thing really that's new is the 4 main dungeons thing.

Assuming this is real(which Eh.... I don't know it really is), then I would assume the 4 main dungeons are extremely large, and may be 3 times as big as temples from TP and such. I think that's the likely thing.

Having 100+ minidungeons. That's great. But I think again, easy guess.

That sounds bad to me. 4 dungeons only? MM had 4 but it was a side game at the end of the day. This is a full blown 5 years in the making main entry and I dont expect anything less than 8 main dungeons.

What I like about Zelda is you are constantly doing different things, the game keeps things interesting, you are not doing the same thing for hours. Bigger dungeons that are 3 times bigger than standard dungeons sound tedious.

100 side dungeons sounds excessive when compared to 4 main. A heavy focus of Zelda is the story, loads of optional content and only 4 dungeons in the main quest seems far too side content focussed for my liking.

Can someone explain to me why people keep throwing Linkle as a possibility for Zelda U? She's from a non-canonical game. I'm fine with the character, I just want to know if I'm missing something about Linkle being in any Zelda.

Still super excited for E3. I'll probably pass out at the title alone... Yes, I have problems.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Can someone explain to me why people keep throwing Linkle as a possibility for Zelda U? She's from a non-canonical game. I'm fine with the character, I just want to know if I'm missing something about Linkle being in any Zelda.
I think they're saying that because they somehow thought Link looked like a girl originally even though he didn't and all the salty fanboys started freaking out about the possibility of a female hero. That eventually evolved into the idea that we could also play as Linkle in Zelda U instead of just Link. That's my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom