• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Zelda: Twin Chronicles

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 13
Diablo’s Decision

Poder felt light-headed, often falling to the ground on his way back towards Castle Town. Traicion was nowhere to be seen - he must’ve made off when he realized that he was alive. Poder sneered in disgust, then continued limping towards the cult’s hideout. He neared the town, taking his steps slowly and cautiously, making sure not to fall again. He finally entered through the gate and was met with great adoration.
“Welcome home, your majesty!”
“The king has returned!”
Poder simply waved them off and continued towards the town’s central square. A familiar robed man stood in the center looking rather disgraced. He walked up to the man, who slowly lifted up his dark hood. Diablo. Of course.
“How are you doing, Diablo? How did you find your way here?” Poder asked his friend gently.
“I’m afraid... I have dire news,” Diablo relied, his voice quivering.
Poder glared at Diablo, his bottom lip twitching. “What terrible news do you bring?”
“Link... escaped my grasp. I had to flee - he is strong, indeed.”
“FOOL! I CANNOT ACCEPT YOUR FAILURE!”
Diablo hid his face under the hood, ashamed.
“I will have to kill you for your failure,” said Poder. His eyes tweaked, his twisted smile became a sinister snarl. “ATSUMA! MIZU! Take care of Diablo.”
A young woman, Mizu, emerged from behind a shop. She wore a dark blue cloak and was astonishingly beautiful. A man appeared named Atsuma. He didn’t look so impressive - he was a man with brown hair and was terribly short. He wore a ragged black cloak and had the appearance of a nice man. Mizu was a sorceress, trained to kill. She was of great status among the cult, one of Poder’s most humble followers. Atsuma, on the other hand, was new. Though lacking experience, Poder had taking a liking to Atsuma early on and tasked him with many important missions. The two walked up towards Diablo and looked each other in the eye.
“Sir, is it necessary to dispose of Diablo? He is a valuable asset to us, is he not?” Atsuma said, defying Poder’s orders. No one had ever dared speak up against him before without getting beheaded, but Poder made an exception for the young man.
“Remember, Atsuma. Failure is not an option. Are you dead yet?” Poder questioned the young man.
“No,” Atsuma calmly replied.
“Then you haven’t failed me as of yet.”
Atsuma nodded, afraid to do anything else to irritate Poder.
“Good. You understand. Now dispose of this worthless trash. I have no place in my cult for failures,” said Poder coldly.
Mizu and Atsuma drew their blades reluctantly and placed them on Diablo’s shoulders.
“You’re making a mistake, Poder,” Diablo argued, sweat pouring down his face. “You don’t know who you’re dealing with!”
Diablo closed his red eyes, then floormasters emerged from the ground. The floormaster grabbed Mizu and Atsuma’s legs, then dragged them down into the darkness. Poder sneered and pulled out his sword, but Diablo had disappeared. Poder looked around in confusion. Where did Diablo go?

Diablo

King of Redeads
Poder seems to be going insane. Maybe this is a side effect of Ganon's power. Zant is a good example of this.

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
this is awesome! I made a character for descent into madness, but you can use it for this also. He won't have anything to do with the cult, but he has the same desires. Ganon could like him more?

Majora's Cat

How about that
@ guy123

I'll find a way to get your character into the story. Don't worry... and if you're lucky, your character will become quite important and/or have a plot twist involved. Hehehe.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Thanks. Mizu is finally in the story. Sorry it took such a long time. I waited for the right opportunity.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Chapter 14
Second Trial - Link

"Good. You have completed your first trial... seven more await you."
Seven more trials? Link felt exhausted near the point of collapsing right onto the ground. Suddenly sparkling dust showered down on Link. The dust piled up on his head and shoulders. Something felt weird... the wounds that pained him begun to disappear, as if magically... He felt resurrected, completely replenished. Energy flowed through his veins once again.
"Ready for your next trial, hero?" The Great Fairy asked.
Link nodded confidently. He had just defeated Ganon and Poder all at once - was there any reason at all not to be confident? The room became pitch black and mirrors fell from above. The mirrors slid into place, creating a circular border around the area. Several other mirrors fell from the sky to create a maze. Link looked around in confusion. Where was he supposed to go? He extended his arms and reached out, flailing his arm aimlessly. Link bumped into one mirror and into the next one. He fell on his behind and hook his head in anger. It seemed as if the network of mirrors was not going to be so easy to navigate. Link placed his hands on the mirrors to steady his balance, just in case he stepped into another mirror. Link slowly but surely made his way from left to right and back again, going seemingly nowhere. He stopped. The mirrors led Link to a small circular area amongst the maze. As soon as he stepped foot into the area, another person stepped into the area in synchronization. Link stared at the man, and he stared back. Link squinted hard, then his eyes widened. The other man was himself! Link took a step forward and his doppeldanger did the same. Amusing. Link took a step back, and his clone followed suit at exactly the same time. How unsettling it felt to the hero to be facing a clone of himself. Link wanted to conduct an experiment.
"Helloooooo!" Link yelled, his voice echoing through the mirror corridors.
The mimick did exactly the same, copying Link at the exact moment he opened his mouth. Link stomped on the ground in frustration - the doppelganger did the same. Link charged at himself, but the strikes conflicted and he was blown to the ground. He lifted up his head an realized the clone had also been knocked to the ground. Link stood up and foolishly attacked his clone, but each and every strike was copied, countering Link's moves. Minutes zipped by, minutes filled with endless slashes and the neverending sound of clashing swords. Link could only breath quick, labored breaths. The clone, of course, was doing exactly the same. When all seemed hopeless, an idea struck Link's mind. I was quite a gamble, and it most likely wouldn't work at all... but it was worth a shot. Link lifted up his blade and inhaled.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" A bloodcurdling scream lit up the room as Link pushed the sword right through his own stomach.
Blood spilled all over the ground, but Link remained standing. He lifted up his head to see that the clone had done the same, and blood was leaking out of its body as well. The vision of the clone began to fade... Link's eyesight was diminishing. He fell to the ground, gasping for air. Blood stained the entire area, nothing on the ground but the combined blood of Link and his clone. Link simply laid on the ground, writhing in pain. No matter what, he had to win. His body said "no", but his heart pushed on. Hours and hours of terrible pain passed by. The sword was still lodged in Link's stomach, the same for the doppelganger. All seemed lost. He had failed. All of a sudden, the clone stopped fidgeting. Link gasped in surprise. What?! Only seconds later, Link's eyes began to close, and the blackness around him began to swallow him whole.

---

"LINK!"
Link slowly opened his eyes, looking around. He stared at his stomach, which to his surprise, was not wounded. "I-"
"Yes, Link. You passed. How did you win? It's because that clone lacked something that you had. Spirit. Courage. Perseverance. I was your own willpower that kept you alive longer than your opponent, for what your clone lacked was these simple qualities. Well done. I shall see you another time, for the world of the living needs your help."

---

Link awoke again, this time in the midde of Hyrule Field. Fire was ablaze and tearing up the grassland. Members of the cult were engaging on combat against Tsukino's rebellion... and the cattle ranch where Link and Poder had spent much of their childhood in was being burned to the ground.

Last edited:

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
Really awesome chapter. I assume you got the idea from dark link, but you made the battle so in depth and intense! Really nothing else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom