• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Should Go SPACEWARD

Night Owl

~Momentai
That would be interesting to say the least. It could involve gravity related puzzles or omni-directional block puzzles.
Exploration of other worlds/dimensions in a fantasy setting is easy enough to pull off. I think it could work and it might pull in fans of SMG/2.

The problem with space travel is how modernized the setting of a Zelda game can be while retaining the same franchise feel. There's nothing wrong with having primitive guns in Zelda either but including an AK-47 for example would be plain ridiculous.

Space also provides the franchise with a setting completely different to the ones experienced heretofore. Every installment thus far has been based in a universe similar to the Earth we humans populate. This allows the player to better relate to the experience. Zelda has evolved through a dynamic shift from 2D to 3D, new transportation methods, and most recently heavily integrated motion controls, however, none dramatically altered what the franchise was known for. Zelda certainly should not be the next Starhawk.
It's pretty far from the Earth we humans populate, that's what always pulled me in was this fantasy world that I can escape to for a couple hours and if it changes drastically but still retains some elements then it's cool with me. I've been playing Zelda for years now and would be excited to see Link set foot in new territory that isn't a dark world or just some messed up version of Hyrule with all the same sprites.

Every time I hear about new ideas from fans about what they want to se ein Zelda it's always the same thing. Everyone wants another dark world for Link to go to, everyone wants at least an element we've already seen but nothing new and exciting. Like I said, Hyrule isn't that different from our world but if you want to think about it realisticly it's a changing world, a world that can't stay the same forever and if Nintendo is smart enough they can pull it off without killing the franchise.
Hyrule has been evolving but slowly since the first game, we haven't seen anything drastic other than a change into 3D or a few robotic figures in the game. The experience I've had thus far with every Zelda game was that I was doing something I can't do in the real world, so I can't see why anyone would want to relate to the atmosphere we experience outside of the game.
If Nintendo loses a few Zelda fans then so be it, but they would gain a new audience or open doors for fans that are having doubts.

Interesting... maybe Link should sign up with the Warhammer 40K Space Marines, as painful as that would be.

Though I just don't like space things as a whole and think Hyrule still has a lot of mileage in it yet, especially since Nintendo has 3 separate timelines and the origin line that begins the three of them too... I'd like to see perhaps a more technologically advanced hyrule like in the rumoured/fake Valley of the Flood, perhaps even with some dimension jumping technology since we have silent realm portals and twilight portals etc etc, though that is a bit too Final Fantasy for me and Zelda is doing a wonderful job of not being a clone of another series. The only thing Zelda is a clone of recently is itself.

What on earth are you thinking (lol earth)
Zelda going to space is a terrible idea I feel.
After all Zelda is in medieval times.
Yeah I know look at spirit tracks they had trains. People hate spirit tracks for that reason. ITS NOT MEDIEVAL!
Sorry if I was rude.

Last edited:
What on earth are you thinking (lol earth)
Zelda going to space is a terrible idea I feel.
After all Zelda is in medieval times.
Yeah I know look at spirit tracks they had trains. People hate spirit tracks for that reason. ITS NOT MEDIEVAL!
Sorry if I was rude.
Lol I see that word being thrown around a lot, Zelda is in no way medieval... It's in a sort of medieval type setting but totally not medieval. That's like saying Lord of the Rings is medieval which it isn't, it's set in a fictional fantasy realm not in any historical period. So Zelda can have trains if it wants and if the fans don't like it then too bad.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I was just thinking about this the other day. I would like to see Zelda go spaceward, but also not. I'm tied between wanting to see something new and wanting to keep the medieval style of Zelda. But I think my want for something new is stronger.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
@ Wolf sage: Yes I have watched ancient aliens a few times. Pretty crazy stuff.

@ Vanitas: Hey I loved SS. It wasnt a failure. TP was fine too. I know your favorite is OoT, but I'm sick of people being all "OoT rules, all other zeldas suck". Even OoT has its flaws...SS pwns it in the plot department for example. Save princess from evil guy? Boring cliche. We all know the reason OoT was so successful is its gameplay and being the first 3d zelda. I respect your opinion, and I don't hate OoT...but please dont make fun of the other games.

I guess what I was going at, is that I don't want zelda to turn into a sci fi space age type of thing. It wouldnt be zelda. A few aliens here and there I wouldnt mind, but the minute Link starts driving rocket ships and vaporizing aliens with laser guns...get my point?

Last edited:

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
Yeah, maybe not, sounds like Super Mario Galaxy to me, I think zelda games should stick to a medieval time, maybe a little technology wouldn't be so bad but definitely not in space.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The second I hear about Zelda being in space. The second Zelda is erased from my heart. I'd never like to see that.

I still find it funny that nobody values a good debate over the topic lol just these small little comments. Come on y'all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom