• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda MMORPG?

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
Okay, we know it works. WoW, Second Skin, etc. Massive online worlds where people from all over can interact with each other. So what about having a Zelda one? Imagine the possibilities! Races down the river, sword fights, crossbow fights, having to work as teams to open secret areas (like one person standing on each of 4 floor tiles to open a door), horse races, joining your kinstones with someone elses... add you own.

Lots of people could play as Link, we know now he can be split up so that's not a problem. Or you could take on other roles, even an enemy. I don't play MMORPGs, but I know I'd make an exception for a Zelda one. Everyone at ZD could meet up at the Milk Bar for a chat!

Sorry mods, just spotted the other thread. Merge this into that. D'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I'm not a fan of RPG forums. I am more of instant action, not say one thing, and wait a few hours for someone to submit another part of the story...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Zelda MMO, hmm...

I think this is the same thing for the Zelda film. Its either going to fantastic, everyone plays it and a huge success for Nintendo. Or its going to be terrible, ruin Zelda's good name.

Link isn't like Mario etc. except for Smash Bros. and I guess Soul Caliber ( he kicked *** anyway ) his record is almost perfectly clean. No tennis, no football and stuff. Link is Link. You find him with his sword, not with a tennis racket.

If Nintendo DID get the MMO right, with quests to do, a huge land to explore with friends, enemies, thousands of monsters and boss fights. Items, levels etc. I have to say that would be something extra special and good. I'd buy it without hesitation, to be honest.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If Nintendo would release a Zelda title as an MMORPG, what would be your thoughts on that decision? Would you reject it or not play it? What if another company that promotes Zelda (such as capcom) was given rights to make it, or even if it was just a really good unofficial game?

Regardless of how the game would work, what would you think about a Zelda-based game that is 100% player-player interaction?

Seeing as how Zelda has always been based on a single-player adventure rather than a multiplayer cooperative game, I don't think this would ever happen, at least not officially. However, if it did - I'd be interested in it. What would you do?

very interesting idea. i could see it working out pretty well actually. give it the same basic fighting system like Diablo II. the only problem is that they would have to base it on one specific game because you can only use so many races in one game because then there would be timeline theorists who would be pissed. in order to fully tap into the potential of this idea it owuld have to be someone not assosiated with nintendo to get the rights to make it so that they can use all the characters without there being any timeline disruptions.

it was asked earlier about who would be Link because not everyone can be link. what if they make an MMORPG that takes place between OoT and WW because Link wasnt around to stop ganondorf. because of this there were many warriors who try to stop him (aka the players at home who create their own character). you should be able to pick from goron, deku, zora, kokori, hylian and shiekah and each race has their own strengths and weakneses.

another good idea would be to make an evil version of the game or an expansion that lets you play as different monsters from ganondorfs army. it would be kind of like the city of heros and city of villains game.

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
if there was an MMORPG then the best time period to play in would have to be the events before Oot and before or during the "Great War of the Triforce" where the races were all trying to get at the sacred realm. Also the landscape would have to remain similar to the classic zelda's but much larger, perhaps including areas from the oracle games. and not so many bottomless pits of death, and maybe the ability to climb a mountain or sail across an ocean. that is all i have to say

Chris

It has been awhile...
I don't think an MMORPG would be a good Zelda game. It would involve too much competition and would have no adventure to it. All it would be is killing the other player(s). That would really suck. Also, how would you obtain items?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
now i don 't know sure about this.
i think zelda should stay a single player but the idea is interesting and could work.

lets lake TP for example.
my idea would be something like, how a third person shooter with multiply players work.

you have a battleground, for instance kakario village but then slightly modified.
- For once, i think the shield must be disabled to keep it fair. but still able to use shield attack and other sword skills.
- You have a sword, your bow, and maybe your clawshot to reach higher places (if they place clawshot titles around the area).
- A certain amount of hearts, like 10 or less. or 20 hearths with a time limit.
- Pots around the area to keep filling in ammo.
- Lock on system at close range only but disable other items besides sword during close range.
- Upgrades during the battle, like bombs or hawkeye to combine with arrow.

now this might actualy work, i don 't see why it would not should work.
but i don 't see this as a seperate game, more like a wifi battle option in the game. like PH but better.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I don't think an MMORPG would be a good Zelda game. It would involve too much competition and would have no adventure to it. All it would be is killing the other player(s). That would really suck. Also, how would you obtain items?

you would obtain items by buying them. you would get money by completing different objectives which require going to a BUNCH of different dungeons. it definitely wouldnt be killing other players. everyone would basically be an ally (unless you wanted to challenge someone to fight). it would be all the races fighting to stop an ultimate evil in the absence of the hero of time. it would be a massive world, there would be A LOT to do. i could definitely see it working. instead of looking for the bad in it, look for the good in it and youll see it could work.

i wouldnt want them to make it in place of a zelda title, i just think it would be a fun spin off game.

here is a possible title for the game. The Legend of Zelda: Infinite Horizon. the title basically means that you can do whatever you want. or just call it The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Alliance. just a thought.

I would think it a really good idea, as long as it keeps to genuine Zelda gameplay (as opposed to a standard MMORPG system.)

Me and my sister had this idea a while back. I think Nintendo should do it, personally.

The game could function practically the same as a Zelda game, but with a ton more depth, sidequests and extras. There could be player interaction and teamwork, maybe even co-op dungeons, maybe a little like in Wind Waker (the Earth and Wind Temples.)

I would think it a really good idea, as long as it keeps to genuine Zelda gameplay (as opposed to a standard MMORPG system.)

Me and my sister had this idea a while back. I think Nintendo should do it, personally.

The game could function practically the same as a Zelda game, but with a ton more depth, sidequests and extras. There could be player interaction and teamwork, maybe even co-op dungeons, maybe a little like in Wind Waker (the Earth and Wind Temples.)

Interesting idea, and I agree that it could be a O.K. idea, However, I just don't like the sound of an game like Zelda becoming an online one. In some ways I feel it would destroy the originality of it.
I much enjoy the long, and almost personal advernture of games like Ocarina of Time. What I liked about that, was you could basically "take it at your own pace".
Still, I liked Majora's Mask, but then again, it was a more "personal adverture". Thinking about, Link is Hyrule's "sole hope", if I were to coin the term used by Nintendo.
Unless it involved something like battles on the scale of the Imprisoning War, or focused on side quests I would not like it. Even then, it doesn't sound that great, to me at least.

I would play on it but I would like to see a Zelda game that was like Age of Empires or Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth

Interesting idea, and I agree that it could be a O.K. idea, However, I just don't like the sound of an game like Zelda becoming an online one. In some ways I feel it would destroy the originality of it.
I much enjoy the long, and almost personal advernture of games like Ocarina of Time. What I liked about that, was you could basically "take it at your own pace".
Still, I liked Majora's Mask, but then again, it was a more "personal adverture". Thinking about, Link is Hyrule's "sole hope", if I were to coin the term used by Nintendo.
Unless it involved something like battles on the scale of the Imprisoning War, or focused on side quests I would not like it. Even then, it doesn't sound that great, to me at least.
Well, yeah. Having a bunch of players doing an "epic save the world" thing would suck and make no sense.

I mean more of an adventure in the world of Zelda, using some Zelda gameplay, I suppose, instead of an MMORPG Zelda game.

Imprisoning War? I'm... not sure what that is. I only know of the Unification War (the one before OoT.)

C

cpunerd96

I would play on it but I would like to see a Zelda game that was like Age of Empires or Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth
The type of game you were refering to, DarkLink, is called an RTS game or Real Time Strategy.
I had that idea a long time ago and tried to make it.
I wasn't very good at game making back then and failed to make the game.
Now I'm a little better at game making but have never come back to make the game.
An MMORPG sounds cool. I also had that idea some time ago but even now I don't know how to make MMORPG's.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
here is what i would think is a good idea for this.

in the back story for WW, they say that ganondorf escaped his prison and attacked the land and the hero of time didnt show up to save them. because this happened, each race had to pick their best warriors (the warriors you play as in the game) and they all try to work together to save Hyrule.

i know you dont like the idea of the world being saved by a bunch of people isntead of one, thats why i chose the WW back story, because we KNOW that they dont defeat ganondorf.

at the end of the MMORPG, all the races will ultimately defeat ganondorf, but he will arise as ganon and they stand no chance, so the gods flood the entire land, but not before they pick a select few to go to hilltops to survive.

in the end, you wont win, and the ending will lead right into hundreds of years later in the time of WW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom