• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda+Link ?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Though I would love to see it (Seriously, I had been pairing them together since I played SSB melee, which was how I was introduced to the series), I highly, HIGHLY doubt it will happen. Nintendo just wants us to imagine what we want, so that everyone's happy.

sigh... I suppose I'll just stick to writing fanfics...

LinkXZelda is actually impossible. If Link and Zelda got together, it would mean all the other Links and Zeldas after them were related to eachother and Link would be royalty, and we know none of the Links and Zeldas are related to eachother and we know none of the Links are royalty.
But Link did plant one on the princess in Zelda-II. Go play that game all you ZeLinkers!
I support LinkXMalon.

Even though the games imply that not all of the Links are related directly in blood such as the Wind Waker or ALttP and that Zelda games are usually centuries apart, enough time to dilute any possible bloodline relationship between Link and Zelda.

Anyway, I think Nintendo is doing fine with the relationship of Link and Zelda. Big subtle hints of romance without outright stating it, making it more natural and less forced. That way people can make their own conclusion of what happens and not try to viciously destroy the couple and pair the characters to different people when they don't like it.

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Of course, then they'd have to give Link a beard, and that wouldn't good. Oh, and Zelda an apron.
And that applies to this pairing how? My grandparents dont have a beard and an apron...assuming you mean when theyre older...

I'll be unoriginal and say what's already been said. SS was the closest we got to that pairing being canon, and although I like to believe those two got busy like within a year or two after the game, and their offspring was the start of the Hyrule royal bloodline, stuff like this is better for fanfics. Even though I would have absolutely daaawwwed at a fast forward scene showing them as parents.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Link and Zelda have never even been in a position to have a real relation ship aside from after wind waker perhaps, and maybe in skyward sword they were friends. Its mostly she's the one making him go do dangerous things. TP he already had a serious relation ship going, and there was fairly little interaction between Link and Zelda. OoT he left Hyrule after he went back in time (he should have gone back to Ruto afterwards if you ask me).

I've really never felt there to be to room for or a connection between them in most of the games.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
It should totally happen, though I think it only does with the original Zelda/Link being the first ones from the sky to live on the surface. After well, I guess it all splits.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Yes. Or at least I hope it will. All of the scenes need to happen:

zelda-x-link.jpg

n1276043945_483779_9644.jpg

323615vmstr9vjue.jpg

personally i would like it and support that its quite possible but honestly no one realy knows except the producers and even if they make zelink in a game then please nothing more than a kiss.in ss they absolutely had a crush on eachother it cant be overlooked cuz they made it that obvious.its also that who is director plays a role in each game like when fujibayashi or iwamoto are,who are supporters of zelink,it ussualy has zelink like ss,st,ph 'n mc but when its aonuma whose a supporter but unsure cuz of the people who are supporting malink,midlink or so its not related much to zelink like in tp althought he presented it very diferent in his interviews but also said that he dont knows what the future brings...i hope in the next game fujibayashi is again the director.

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
Ah...It's definitely not gonna happen anytime soon. The only game that actually has some Zelink romance is Zelda 2.
Plus some people don't like Zelink, and if Nintendo made it happen, it would receive some negative responses from anti-Zelinkers.
Nintendo caters to all of their fans, not some.
...So I think it's best to rely on fan works for Zelink.

I'm a hopeless romantic, and I've been for Link and Zelda since I was a kid, playing the original in the late 80's. I would love to see a Link and Zelda wedding someday. <3

People scream for romance in Zelda all the time but i bet if ever the two characters move into a proper mature relationship people will claim that the series has lost innocence and cry that everything is too lewd.

I wouldn't mind it, i'd welcome it, it'd be better than seeing a clumsy fan-fiction-style romance that happened between them if i can even call it romance that happened there.

I'd say yes, but it shouldn't happen because of the complaining that'd no doubt ensue.

Nothing against you Mr. Drahsid, but I did create a forum like this before and, while I am unaware of how long a time there should be between forums of the same nature, I do not believe 13 days is enough.

My thread: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f9/would-you-like-more-romance-future-titles-legend-zelda-41651.html

Again, I know it is hard to tell tone/mood over the internet, but I am not harboring any ill feelings. I just thought you should know.

Anyway, yeah, I support more romance.

Ahhh. ZeLink overall gives me a mixed message.

LoZ: ...Okay then... no, not really.
AoL: No. That was a Mario and Peach kiss. Gratitude!
LttP: Okay, I can sorta see whee you're going with this, but... it's not too clear in canon.
LA: Zelda? Who's Zelda? I'm Malon and I'm gonna steal your hero's heart and yours! <3
OoT:... Meh. Too many other possible ships. No way it's happening in canon, but I like fanfics.
MM: ...Cute flashback, bro. But no.
OoX: Erhm.... I actually ship LinkxDin just a hair... I blame the manga.
tWW: Yeah, kinda. Maybe Tetra. Okay, probably. I can see it.
FS/FSA/tMC: Never played. No idea. But from the manga(which, as we all know, ships ZeLink like nobody's business regularly)and what I know about tMC, I kinda ship ZeLink there.
TP: No. No, no, no. I always felt that she was far older than Link up until the end, when she's possessed by Ganon. and she was far more mature than he anyways. Three words: Link. X. Midna.
PH: This is LinkXTetra, essentially, and I can see it coming through now. It also plays out in canon pretty well, so... yeha.
ST: YES. HECK YEA. :D
SS: Well, I ship it, but up until the very end they're not in an actual relationship. Groose keeps talking about asking her out, remember? She's single... kinda... so Link is, too.

As you can see, I bounce around with ZeLink. If they were to go with it, it'd have to be a pretty clear and pretty amazing pairing for me to do it, and I'd still feel like the innocent nature of the game had been broken. Would Nintendo ever be able to go back? i doubt it.

So let's keep romance to the fanart/fics and let us build our own naval armadas.

(I'm actually a huge fan of shipping fanart, regardless of the ship. I crazy :3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom