• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Controls for N64.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forum,
We all know that the transfer to nintendo 64 revolutionized zelda forever, but Link's movement is somewhat difficult to control with the joystick. Would you agree? The c buttons and everything else are very conveinient however.

:triforce: Don't forget to comment:

The control stick on the N64 controller is horrible. It always used to make my thumb hurt and if you used it too much, it would wear out, meaning the "center" would take up a much larger area.

Epona

Ordon Village
Oot's Link is tought to control, especially on thin ledges. The controls are too sensitive for his movements. It's much better in WW and TP though, so I just deal with it for OoT. At least it was made better for the later games.

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
I got the Collectors Edition with my gamecube when I bought it so I was used to those sort of smooth controls. However, I've tried to play Majora's Mask at my friends house with N64 and it was rather difficult... I mean his controlling was a little difficult to begin with yes but I feel the N64 just made it harder o_O

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I never had much of a problem with the controls, even with an N64 controller.
Well, actually, maybe a little nowadays considering they're 10+ years old, but not enough to complain about.

I played OoT on the GC, and played MM up to the Deku Palace. (just a little before that) Then for complicated reasons returned the CE which i got MM with. (i already had Oot before i got CE, so i still have that, and im up to Ganon's Castle) Im kinda happy that i played them on the GC, not N64, cause im not good with the C-Stick item thing.(on the GC controller, you can just use X,Y, and Z)

I like using the gamecube controller the best, but I don't find the N64 controller tough to use. Maybe because that's the Nintendo system I essentially grew up with, by the time I was able to really understand and get into video games. The classic controller however (if you own it on virtual console) is garbage. That sucks a lot.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think that it was pretty much accurate and perfect.
The joystick can make your finger sore, so that's why i use a small protection on it, to make it comfortable

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
Ive honestly never had problems, and never heard anyone say they have had problems until now :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, since they ported OoT to the GC, I'd say that the N64 controls are a bit outdated, but still great nonetheless. The control stick was a great addition, and unlike most others, it was responsive to me. Compared to TP, pushing it left would make Link move left, not in a circle. That's just me, though, so you should try them both out and see for yourself :D

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I never had a problem with the controller for the N64. I always thought that the joystick was quite convenient and easy to use. It just depended on how you held the controller in your hands that made it either difficult or simple. I personally liked the N64 controller layout.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The N64 controller's the only way I've ever played OoT and MM, so I don't have any trouble with it at all .. it's very smooth and fluid for me.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Yeah, I know. It get's annoying. But I still love the game anyway. When the new version comes out, it will be much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom