• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
I think GDL is a cultist and it wouldn't surprise me if Heroine is either (though I'm not sure yet). However I'm intrigued by you saying this, Pendio, why would you want to lynch a cultist? If we don't hit scum we lose. It's that simple as we're in lylo. Anyway, I'm going to officially vote now.

The reason I would not mind a GDL lynch is because I still think he is a Mafioso (if we are right about Thar, then I think he is the last Mafia member).

Yeah, whatever we do today, Thar will probably end up being lynched either way. I have mentioned my suspicions previously, however I am not as confident in this lynch as I was in the Atti and Bocto lynches.

Vote: Thareous

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Pendio said:
The reason I would not mind a GDL lynch is because I still think he is a Mafioso (if we are right about Thar, then I think he is the last Mafia member).
Ah I getcha.

I'm going to have to do some more looking back through the thread to identify the last Mafiso as the first three were rather obvious from the end of Day Four.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I really hope we're right about Thar. I'm getting really nervous. XD

Anyway, I wish you guys wouldn't vote, because I really want to hear what GDL was going to say. It sounds like he might tell us what role he had beforehand too.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Do not count your chickens before they are hatched. ;)

Lol I meant as targets. Always got to have that slight bit of doubt just in case ;p

Heroine said:
Anyway, I wish you guys wouldn't vote, because I really want to hear what GDL was going to say. It sounds like he might tell us what role he had beforehand too.
Meh I just wanted to establish our target straight out the bat, I didn't want Mafia trying to swerve this day. Hmm and I think I know what GDL is implying, anything else would be a confirmation.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm surprised that nobody has examined why the Mafia eliminated Vergo, but two motives stick out: 1) They wanted Justa to jump straight on me since I'd suspected the Ver, and 2) They wanted the lynch associates to follow suit with a bandwagon; namely Pendio. Alternatively, Vergo's death only serves as evidence that I was telling the truth--he claimed that I couldn't have redirected his recruitment because he wasn't the Cult Leader. So in a very ironic way, I've proven that I can redirect roles, but this also puts me at a disadvantage because the Mafia will be wanting to frame me, and since practically nobody has been willing to listen to me this game, their wishes are going to be fulfilled.

Yeah he did, the night before last. Thar countered by saying he redirected the target or something, but Heroine and Vergo explained how that couldn't have happened. For me our target is easy today and I finally have some form evidence to act upon my suspicion.

What evidence was that again? That my recruitment to the Cult had failed? While that's true that it did fail, both Heroine and Vergo forgot to account for the Cult Leader's identity, which was Vergo himself. And besides his deception, Vergo's only defense toward my rebuttal was that he was "calling bull"; i.e. he simply didn't believe my roleclaim. Therefore, the only tangible (that is, aside from confidence) form of "evidence" you have relies on an incomplete foundation.

I am up for both a Thar and a GDL lynch today, so I will join the lynch on whichever one is more suspected by the rest. Currently Thar seems to be the top candidate.

There's this term called bandwagoning, typically associated with scummy maneuvers of joining a lynch to fit in with the rest of the voters (or Townies). Can't place my finger on it, but it's somehow relevant here...

I would like everyone to say who they want to lynch today. ^^

Vote: Pendio

You, for starting a couple of Townie lynches and bandwagoning against scum when it seemed to benefit you most. Other than this, you've played a really tight game so it's harder to say that you are indeed scum (could be Heroine and GDL), but this habit has become quite noticeable over the last few lynches. Mind stating what kind of role you have?

Pen

The game is on!
There's this term called bandwagoning, typically associated with scummy maneuvers of joining a lynch to fit in with the rest of the voters (or Townies). Can't place my finger on it, but it's somehow relevant here...

I have expressed suspicion toward both you and GDL for days. Besides, a bandwagon is necessary for a lynch to go through, hence not necessarily scummy behavior.

You, for starting a couple of Townie lynches and bandwagoning against scum when it seemed to benefit you most. Other than this, you've played a really tight game so it's harder to say that you are indeed scum (could be Heroine and GDL), but this habit has become quite noticeable over the last few lynches. Mind stating what kind of role you have?

Which Townie lynches have I led?

Both of the two currently dead Mafia members were both on top of my scum list since day four if I remember correctly. I was in no way persuaded by anybody to join those bandwagons. I was legitimately suspicious.

Actually, at this point I would not mind role claiming since I think it would benefit the Town in general (assuming my role claim is trusted (which I think it would be if I did claim)), but it seems like GDL has a (fake) claim in preparations, so maybe I will give him the claim of the day. Although, if you insist I can easily nab the claim opportunity.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm surprised that nobody has examined why the Mafia eliminated Vergo, but two motives stick out: 1) They wanted Justa to jump straight on me since I'd suspected the Ver, and 2) They wanted the lynch associates to follow suit with a bandwagon; namely Pendio. Alternatively, Vergo's death only serves as evidence that I was telling the truth--he claimed that I couldn't have redirected his recruitment because he wasn't the Cult Leader. So in a very ironic way, I've proven that I can redirect roles, but this also puts me at a disadvantage because the Mafia will be wanting to frame me, and since practically nobody has been willing to listen to me this game, their wishes are going to be fulfilled.
This kill wasn't about framing in any way, it was about Mafia needing to take out the Cult Leader. It's simple, they wouldn't have a chance if they hadn't killed the Leader.

Also you haven't "proven" anything, nothing confirms that you have redirected. Vergo said he chose you, why would he lie? That literally makes no sense whatsoever. He wanted to take out scum as that was the Cult's way to victory.

Thareous said:
What evidence was that again? That my recruitment to the Cult had failed? While that's true that it did fail, both Heroine and Vergo forgot to account for the Cult Leader's identity, which was Vergo himself. And besides his deception, Vergo's only defense toward my rebuttal was that he was "calling bull"; i.e. he simply didn't believe my roleclaim. Therefore, the only tangible (that is, aside from confidence) form of "evidence" you have relies on an incomplete foundation.
As I said, it's the only form of evidence and we'd be pretty stupid to ignore it. Vergo stated that the CL recruited you and not we know he's the Cult Leader. If that is not some kind of evidence then I don't know what is. The is most likely why he knew Big Octo was Mafia as well - Vergo obviously lied about him being the Backup, so I would think he attempted to recruit Bo the night before. Essentially Vergo has been using his recruiting powers (these last few nights) as a way to pick out scum and it's a great tactic. He chose you, he said it, and his role was confirmed, how is this not evidence?

Thareous said:
Vote: Pendio

Voting for his scum bud to throw us off in death? Maybe, possibly, hmm.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I have expressed suspicion toward both you and GDL for days. Besides, a bandwagon is necessary for a lynch to go through, hence not necessarily scummy behavior.

At that point it just becomes an ordinary lynch, not a bandwagon. But you specifically stated that you would join in on the lynch of who was most suspected, and voted for me soon afterwards. That is what qualifies as a bandwagon.

Which Townie lynches have I led?

First it was Keith, who was originally a Townie, and then you had your vote left on Fig/Mido until Justa asked for the extension, but then somebody else led the lynch against them.

Both of the two currently dead Mafia members were both on top of my scum list since day four if I remember correctly. I was in no way persuaded by anybody to join those bandwagons. I was legitimately suspicious.

It's not unheard of for a Mafioso to bus his scumbuds, whether it was a predetermined decision or an individual intent. So long as victory is attained by one of them, then none of that would truly hinder them.

Actually, at this point I would not mind role claiming since I think it would benefit the Town in general (assuming my role claim is trusted (which I think it would be if I did claim)), but it seems like GDL has a (fake) claim in preparations, so maybe I will give him the claim of the day. Although, if you insist I can easily nab the claim opportunity.

Nah, that's up to you.

Also you haven't "proven" anything, nothing confirms that you have redirected. Vergo said he chose you, why would he lie? That literally makes no sense whatsoever. He wanted to take out scum as that was the Cult's way to victory.

Why would he lie indeed? Why would he even want to prevent everyone from knowing that he was the Cult Leader to begin with? Because it didn't matter to him whether he lied or not; he only wanted to protect himself. Regardless, the fact is that he lied about not being the Cult Leader, when he was the Leader, to make me not seem Town, just because he didn't believe me based on his recruitment failing since I'd redirected it to someone else who was obviously scum. That is the reason that his recruitment failed.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Thar, I'm going to stick with this lynch despite what you say. I get what you mean about the whole redirecting thing, but who exactly would we go for then? We would back at square one, while here, from my perspective anyway, there's a chance you're lying and Vergo's telling the truth which in turn makes you scum. Thus why I'm not changing my vote.

If you are the redirector and what you're saying is true, then we'd have to basically guess on who is redirected to. At this point it's either should I trust you or shouldn't I, and nothing really makes me want to trust you. I'd much rather stick with my guns than take a shot in the dark and contradict everything I've said.

Pen

The game is on!
First it was Keith, who was originally a Townie, and then you had your vote left on Fig/Mido until Justa asked for the extension, but then somebody else led the lynch against them.

You say yourself that Keith was not a Townie, but a Cultist, and that I left the Fig lynch in good time before the actual lynching. So I really do not see how this part of your suspicion holds any water whatsoever. Keith's death was more important for the Town than I get credit for. If he had not died when he did, we would not have even known of the existence of the Cult as soon as we did (perhaps not even at all).

Nah, that's up to you.

Alright. I will role claim (so sorry GDL). Hopefully this will make things easier. I am the Town's Roleblocker. Unless I get any counter claims on this, I think you guys should all have good reason to trust me considering the fact that the Roleblocker is such a standard Town role that appears in practically every game.

Here are my night actions throughout the game:

Night 1: Fig
Night 2: Heroine
Night 3: Atticus
Night 4: Thar
Night 5: Bocto
Night 6: Vergo

What we can learn from this is that the Cult failed to recruit on this most recent night.

Knowing my own identity I can rule myself out from being Mafia, and as I have previously said, I have chosen to trust in both JC's and Heroine's role claims (although I am just a bit more wary of Heroine). This leaves the two last standing Mafiosi: Thar and GDL. Obviously I could be completely fooled by JC and/or Heroine, and if I am, well, awesome job! I am however quite convinced that at least one of those two were recruited into the Cult at some point in the game. There, that is my story.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
First off Pendio, taking your claim with a big grain of salt as it could easily be a fake claim. However, I would like for you to name claim and give us a hint of how the name fits the role.

Although, I am starting to get really suspicious of you especially when we're essentially coming down to who's the last scum member. Hmm, so you just "role claimed" RB'er, but your last target really irks me... a lot. First off, you seem to have this obsession with the Cult - you have focused on it so much that I would say you've been Cult hunting more than actual scum hunting. Thing is, even though we aren't aligned with the Cult, we need their help and they need ours. Mafia were completely dominant at the start--albeit that was down to a bit of help from the fact that they had their role cop doing their handy work--and we were facing an uphill battle (both us and the Cult). Here's were my suspicion begins though, Mafia have a huge advantage over Town, yet they know the Cult could be a potentially huge threat, so naturally they would try to focus more so on picking them off. It's like the fear of the unknown, they know that everyone else apart from them are Townies, yet they don't know who the Cult/Cult Leader are. It's basic curiosity and fear of the unknown. This leads me to think that you going for the Cult is you being this paranoid Mafiso that I've just been describing.

Anyway, back to the reason you targeted Vergo, this makes no sense and it actually hurts Town. Vergo could have basically confirmed GDL or could have found another Mafiso, why would you try and stop that? You could have actually picked another target and we would be in a much stronger position today. I mean, you say you're suspicious of GDL yet Vergo could have confirmed that for you, so what do you do? You block him, the very person who could have basically told you if GDL was scum or not. Pendio, I'm having a hard time trusting you at all just because of that move alone.

FoS Pendio (btw this is purely for tomorrow, Thareous is our lynch for today)

EBWODP
GDL or Heroine, you guys going to hammer?

Last edited:

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Alright, alright, I’m here! Sorry to keep you guys waiting, had a busy day today. First of all:

EBWODP
GDL or Heroine, you guys going to hammer?
Vote: Thareous
Yes I am, as I am now certain he is the mafia cop (through process of elimination) as well as the one that inherited the killing ability from the godfather last night.

Though now I move on to what seems to be a bigger issue for tomorrow.

Alright. I will role claim (so sorry GDL). Hopefully this will make things easier. I am the Town's Roleblocker. Unless I get any counter claims on this, I think you guys should all have good reason to trust me considering the fact that the Roleblocker is such a standard Town role that appears in practically every game.

Here are my night actions throughout the game:

Night 1: Fig
Night 2: Heroine
Night 3: Atticus
Night 4: Thar
Night 5: Bocto
Night 6: Vergo

What we can learn from this is that the Cult failed to recruit on this most recent night.

Knowing my own identity I can rule myself out from being Mafia, and as I have previously said, I have chosen to trust in both JC's and Heroine's role claims (although I am just a bit more wary of Heroine). This leaves the two last standing Mafiosi: Thar and GDL. Obviously I could be completely fooled by JC and/or Heroine, and if I am, well, awesome job! I am however quite convinced that at least one of those two were recruited into the Cult at some point in the game. There, that is my story.
Firstly I want to refer to the part of your quote that I have bolded. Of course you would claim that there has to be a roleblocker in the game and since no one is here to counter you, it must have to be you. Firstly this just sounds like another guys just trust me for no apparent reason argument, as we’ve had a few times this game. Secondly, I’m sure there must have been a roleblocker somewhere in the town this game (although in a game like this there is absolutely no way to say for sure that a certain role has to appear) but two of the people that died this game were cultists, and we have no information as to what their roles might have been before being recruited. Whose to say they weren’t the roleblocker? Although I guess if the mafia cop investigated one of them before they recruited them, you would know.

Quite obviously, I am extremely frustrated by this claim for several reasons. Of course you just HAPPEN to have decided to claim today, one: when there is absolutely no pressure on you so there’s no need to do so, and two: right after the member getting lynched whom we highly suspect of being mafia suggests it! Am I seriously the only one who finds this super scummy? You had absolutely no reason to claim except that for some reason you felt the need to prove yourself to a suspected mafia member? And when you knew I was going to claim too, seriously?

Now, my other irks with this supposed claim. I know you're lying about some of your targets, couldn't say if all of them, but something that I find to be a clear mistake in your supposed actions during the night is on Night 5. You supposedly roleblocked BOcto, right? Lets look back, what happened on that night.

The Mods were furious at having lost one of their own, especially considering it had happened right when they were about to seal their victory, and decided to take revenge on one of the main contributors. They sent out to get the man with one of the biggest influences among the members, and dispersed. The target was writing quietly in his house late at night when the Mods came and he noticed them entering. He was terribly afraid, and, knowing he couldn't fight his way out of this one, attempted to reason with them and provided arguments as to why he could be valuable to them and why there were better targets other than himself. His big words and extensive vocabulary only confused them, however, and they all quickly jumped on him and proceeded to brutally stab him to death.

During the following morning, the members all gathered in the usual spot. They noticed that one among them was missing, and rushed to his house to check on him. Upon arriving, they found him dead on the floor with several wounds all over his body. When they saw the half-finished book he was writing and the Fate/Zero poster hanging on his wall, they instantly realized who it was. As usual, they were saddened by this loss, but resolved to avenge him today.

Dekunut was Thareous, the Double Voter!

Oh yeah, the mods killed DekuNut. And if we learned anything from yesterday’s lynch is that BOcto, who you claim to have roleblocked, was the godfather! Now, Atticus was the strongman so I’m assuming she was the only other person capable of killing at night, since we know there’s four of them: The Godfather, Cop, Strongman, and Roleblocker. So maybe the kill went through even though you RBed the GF… except that’s not possible because Atticus was lynched on Day 5. So please explain what supposedly happened, cause I’m pretty sure now you messed up on your fake claim and gave yourself away.

Now, for your Night 6 supposed roleblock: what the hell. Exactly what JC said: you knew for sure that Vergo was going to recruit me. You knew it would confirm whether I was town or not. And instead, you went in and roleblocked him to screw up everything? Apparently you were going to wait for me to claim that I’d been recruited to jump in like a hero and tell everyone that I was lying because you roleblocked Vergo so there’s no way I was recruited yupeee saved the day. Well guess what, no. Thanks to you, I can’t claim or not claim cultist now, but I will tell you that I know you’re BSing because apart from me, the only person to visit Vergo last night was Thareous.

I don’t even care anymore. I might not be able to claim now, but I don’t think there’s any rule to prevent me from telling you guys what I know. “Belief or disbelief rests with you.” This way you also get to see some of my thought process throughout the day, which might help with explaining some of my extravagant theories.

On Night One, I decided to keep an eye on DekuNut’s house. There were 20 people alive by the start of the night so since I had no idea what to do I decided to choose by the person that was halfway through the list. The two that were were him and findemaxa, but since I know Deku from outside the game I decided it’d be better to watch him. However, no one stopped by the house.

Night Two I looked after the person I thought was the most obvious choice, which was the confirmed townie, Kybyrian. I expected either mafia to kill him, or some kind of protective role which I hoped the town had after the loss of the Doctor to protect him. Either way I’d find useful information. So when Thareous dropped by his house that night, and Kyby was still alive the next day, I decided he must be the latter, as it was the only explanation I could come up with at the time. The idea of a nonkilling mafia role did graze my mind, but only vaguely. However, I decided to stay alert with him, especially after it was revealed that mafia had a cop, which is what prompted me choosing him as one of the people I thoroughly investigated in my long posts.
After more information was revealed, including Kyby saying he was innocent child and the mafia cop being acknowledged, this makes sense to me now. Kyby was confirmed town, so mafia needed to do some damage control. However, they sent in their cop first as we now know they get their results back before they carry on the rest of their actions. Cop went in, Thareous, and discovered he was the Innocent Child. They must have decided he wasn’t much of a risk at all, and thus didn’t send anyone else after him.

Now Day Three was when JC dropped the two name claims which confused many people, I included. Now, I don’t know most of the characters from this game as I haven’t been very active on the forums for a while now, so I thought it’d made me feel better to keep an eye on him that night, which is what I did. He got two visitors: Thareous and Pendio. At the time I still had a feeling that Thareous might be some kind of protective role, if not he was investigative but I still thought he was probably town as JC didn’t die that night either. But then there was also Pendio, and I had no idea what to think on him either. At the time what I thought was one might be protective, the other the town cop. Neither had killed JC, and as I expressed earlier in the game I thought there was a chance JC wasn’t in fact a good role at all.
However, Day Four brought to light many things. JC did a full blown Tracker claim, which while I was very suspicious of it made me just as suspicious of Thareous and Pendio. JC was saying his tracking had failed the past night, and if so I thought someone might have blocked him. However, this could be a town roleblocker as easily as it could be a mafia one so in my long post I stated that while I wasn’t very sure on what to think of JC, I definitely wanted to look more into Thareous and Pendio and this is why.
Now, after other events have taken place and revelations as well, I see that mafia must have been suspicious of JC. They sent in their cop to do the dirty work, and when they realized that their target was the tracker they sent in their roleblocker to finish the job. Now my question is why they didn’t consider JC max priority. They killed ALiT, the cop, so the only thing I can think of is that they investigated ALiT on Night 1 to find that he was the cop, and so they roleblocked him from the get-go. However, when they found JC out they knew they had two investigative roles to deal with and could only roleblock one, so they killed the bigger threat and RBed the other. This is just me speculating, but to me it would make sense. After all, a cop with no results makes for a very weak roleclaim.

Going back to what I do know, and not what I think might have happened, I decided to watch out for JC Night 4 as well. Thareous was a no show, but Pendio was there right on schedule. And when JC said his tracking had failed again I grew even more suspicious. So I went and did some thorough research of Pendio’s posts, as I had said I would, and his attitude towards finding the cult (suspicions on which I have already mentioned) made me even more certain that he had to be the mafia roleblocker. I even said so in that post, and have held to that every day since.

Now, I didn’t wanna waste another night stalking JC’s house like a creeper, so I decided to spend some time at Heroine’s for Night 5. However, no one visited her. I chose her because due to how my role worked, I had to determine who I thought mafia was going to visit and I already knew they were blocking JC, I didn’t think Vergo town so I didn’t want to watch him, and Heroine had claimed already and while she claimed she couldn’t do anything anymore, they might still want to eliminate her. Now, I didn’t go watch Deku because I honestly didn’t think the mafia would kill him. If they got him to vote with them they wouldn’t need all their members to be online when they mass voted to win, and that seemed easier to me than the alternative. However, it seems I was wrong about that.

Finally, I already mentioned I took the time Night 6 to keep an eye on Vergo’s house. I didn’t think he was the Cult Leader, but since he was such a big voice on the day before I feared the mafia might kill him so that one of them could claim Cult Leader today, and I was right about that though it seems their plan backfired as they killed the actual Cult Leader. I don’t know if they investigated him some other night and already knew this, but last night the only thing they did was kill him. I already said who I saw do this.

And that is everything I know up to this point, as well as my every thought on this information and the changes in thinking I went through as more information came up. Now we’ve reached majority on Thareous’ lynch today, and quite obviously I am 100% sure that Pendio is the last mafia member. Now, it’s either that or Heroine is like the best liar ever, but seeing as I was wrong in suspecting her as the Cult Leader yesterday, I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

To end this already uber-way-too-long post I’ve spent the last hour and a half making, I want to say that I think Pendio is not only the roleblocker but also the Mafia Usurper. Maybe it’s just because I read the game with two groups of mafia the other day and the idea of one is fresh in my mind, but to me it would make sense. Not only would it explain why Pendio was so keen on lynching BOcto, but it’d help balance out the scales on the huge advantage the mafia had with their cop. This is just some thought I had, but I wanted to get it out here.

Note: I'm sorry if I seemed a tad aggressive towards Pendio's claim, but it really really ruffled my feathers that someone stole the day's claim from me AGAIN, especially when I'd already said I was going to claim. But I don't think I claimed in any point during this post, so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom