• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thareous said:
Blame the duration it took to make my previous post...

Refreshing the page in another tab before you post is a good way to prevent something like this.

Thareous said:
Really? The Mafiascum I'm looking at says it can be any alignment. Near the bottom it just happens to elaborate on Mafia Redirectors, but that doesn't mean it's a Mafia-exclusive role.

Re-read what I said. I said it's "easily" a mafia role, meaning there's no reason for us to automatically assume that it's a town role.

You didn't answer my response to your alibi - I didn't target you, because I don't recruit people. So why did your recruitment fail, when the one you targeted was me?

And I have to say, I think you did a very poor job editing your role description.....

Thareous said:
So let's say that a mod makes a post in order to frame someone during the Night, and then I come online and see the post and point out in a very beastly manner how it's wrong according to the Rules, so they have to choose a different target.

Wait. So Axle, someone who's regarded as THE main consultant for the forum staff next to Wyatt and Mases, comes online, and points out to a "mod" that they're breaking the "rules"?

Do I really need to harp on why this makes literally no sense? And why if you replace the word "mod" with "member" it makes, I dunno..... PERFECT sense in the context of who Axle is, what he does, and the setup of this game where members are being banned for breaking rules?

Sorry Thar, I think this is a rather sloppy fake claim on your part. I'm certainly not going to act on it right now, but others need to be aware of those two points above.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Uh huh... And yet it should have been absurdly obvious that lynching an inactive player was a senseless, desperate move that any scum could have jumped on. And lynching Keith just for showing a reaction was equally frantic. It doesn't take being scum to rationalize that both of those movements were impulsive and had near zero basis, other than the participants convincing themselves that they were disposing of Mafia. Merely offering alternative lynches was more pro-Town than what they (namely, Pendio, Fig, and you) did those Days.
The other targets you mentioned had literally nothing going for them either, they were based off early lynches, so in my eyes they would have been as big of a risk. The Violet lynch was an easy decision to make, she posted like twice and she was inexperienced. She was little to no help during the day and her lack of experience in Mafia could have made her role detrimental to out efforts. That lynch was the safest option we had, damage limitation in a way and I stick by that decision. The Keith lynch I wasn't a part of, so you'll have to take that up with others.

Thareous said:
The same could be said for Mandy then, too. I just don't see any possible way for her to be anti-Mafia. And that's the extent of this argument, even within the circumstances of an imaginary parody that hardly sticks close to the trust, save for the satirical characteristics of each member (the extensive vocabulary and Fate/Zero poster, for myself).
Like I said, we're thinking differently and going round in circles discussing this. You can't change my mind and I can't change yours at this point.

Thareous said:
I just got finished saying that I did not suspect you. Meaning, at present. This instant. Right now. The chances of Heroine and Vergo working together are higher, and I was going to point out why at one point, but then Heroine claimed. That doesn't mean that she's really the Town Captain, though, because she hasn't done much during the game at all. And just because she "confirmed" you doesn't make her Town, either; like you said above, she could just be trying to appear pro-Town even though she's Mafia. She's done even less that I have during the Day and yet nobody has even bothered to examine her, aside from asking petty questions.
Yeah its a possibility, but you can't rely on that possibility as you're basically grasping at lose straws. Don't get me wrong, I've been as suspicious as Heroine more than most to be honest, if it wasn't for her claiming and confirming my first target she would have been one of my main targets. However, that doesn't mean I fully trust, she could easily be lying to claim my trust, but that's why I Tracked her.

Also, don't blame the rest, why haven't you brought any of this up to Heroine then? All you did was vote for her that one time yet you didn't really attempt to actually lynch her.

Thareous said:
I am the Town Redirector. My specialty is taking what a person said and reapplying it to them. On discussion board, such as this one, it would be easy for me to examine an argument and turn the tides against the poster who made an argument. So let's say that a mod makes a post in order to frame someone during the Night, and then I come online and see the post and point out in a very beastly manner how it's wrong according to the Rules, so they have to choose a different target.

That's just my own take on the role description that Draco provided, since I can't post the whole thing.
Yeah you've already kind of said you were the redirector. Plus a lot of this doesn't really make sense.

I would like you to name every night action and the outcome though.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well, it seems a lot has happened and this day just started. I'm sorry to see you go, Deku.

Now, as for Vergo, I do think you have the right targets in mind. Despite my resisting of openly trusting you yesterday, your information today has certainly done a lot to back up your case. From what I've gathered of your posts, you were the Town Backup? So when ALiT died you turned into the cop. I guess it'd make sense, though it sucks you didn't get to use your role more if that's the case. It also makes the things I've seen happening at night make a bit more sense, as I thought you were the Cult Leader which sort of broke my information as it didn't make complete sense. But now it does. Due to this I am now more inclined to believe you, and would agree on a Big Octo lynch.
It also seems like a smart move not revealing who the Cult Leader is. After all, if what Pendio believes on the wincon of the Cult is true, then as soon as we finish lynching the mafia it's cult vs town. However, I think there's not much room for roles anymore.

So now I say what I'm thinking to you, JC, as I think you're the only other town member left.
I now think Heroine lied to gain your trust; which means she is the Cult Leader. Meaning it's cult: Heroine and Vergo. Mafia: BOcto, Pendio, Thareous. Of course this depends on Vergo saying the truth about him being a cultist, not the leader, but if it's true it's either this or Pendio is the cult leader and Heroine is the last mafia. However, I'm inclined to believe it's Heroine as Cult Leader for three reasons.
First, there's no confirmation to her role. The only thing she claims she actually "did" was confirm your target for Day One, and then coincidentally on Day Two she chose not to do anything and Day Three she was "too late" to submit an action. And by Day Four anyone she could affect was dead so she no longer had an "important role". Too coincidental in my opinion.
Secondly, yesterday Vergo was so quick to accept her claim and trust her to be "town" with no solid evidence that I'm pretty sure he must have known her role by then, meaning he was recruited.
Thirdly, also yesterday Vergo expressed not being confident in either Pendio nor Thareous, meaning Pendio couldn't have been the Cult Leader or he would've known.
Now, JC, you said you tracked Heroine but got back a failed tracking again. Now, either you have horrible luck in picking targets, or (as I am now almost 100% sure it is true) mafia has a roleblocker and they've been going to you every night for a while now. I can also point out I'm pretty confident that this is Pendio. So this would mean if Heroine did go to someone you would have no way of knowing.

What about me? Well, I'm town as I've said before, and I would claim except FOR THE PAST TWO FRIGGING DAYS someone just decides to come in and claim super early in the day and I never have a chance to. However, I will say I've been putting slight hints in my posts, particularly in the verbs I use when referring to what I do in the night.
Also, if you watch Game of Thrones, according to my role if I lived in that world I would always have to be wearing black.

So I say yes, the mafia is definitely bound to lose this game now. And I agree Big Octo is the best lynch candidate for today.
Vote: Big Octo

I thought I could still win with town, but since Vergo says I'm scheduled for "convertion" tonight then I guess my win conditions will change. Though I think if I'm recruited tonight, we lynch Pendio or Thareous tomorrow, and then JC is recruited the next night the cult will have a majority and everyone but the mafia will win. So yay, I guess?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So now I say what I'm thinking to you, JC, as I think you're the only other town member left.
I now think Heroine lied to gain your trust; which means she is the Cult Leader. Meaning it's cult: Heroine and Vergo. Mafia: BOcto, Pendio, Thareous. Of course this depends on Vergo saying the truth about him being a cultist, not the leader, but if it's true it's either this or Pendio is the cult leader and Heroine is the last mafia. However, I'm inclined to believe it's Heroine as Cult Leader for three reasons.
First, there's no confirmation to her role. The only thing she claims she actually "did" was confirm your target for Day One, and then coincidentally on Day Two she chose not to do anything and Day Three she was "too late" to submit an action. And by Day Four anyone she could affect was dead so she no longer had an "important role". Too coincidental in my opinion.
Hmm this actually makes sense to be honest. Heroine's play style is very survival based, she isn't drawing any attention to herself and she's hid away quite a lot. And yeah, I guess the role claim is hard to believe in some ways, Captain is a rather useless role at this stage so it clears her from being a night target.

Go_Dark_Link said:
Now, JC, you said you tracked Heroine but got back a failed tracking again. Now, either you have horrible luck in picking targets, or (as I am now almost 100% sure it is true) mafia has a roleblocker and they've been going to you every night for a while now. I can also point out I'm pretty confident that this is Pendio. So this would mean if Heroine did go to someone you would have no way of knowing.
Honestly I assume I'm getting role blocked now. Mafia know my role can really cause them harm and they don't have an alternative target to choose.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Oh Heroine, I completely forgot to ask you to target me last night. I just wanted to confirm you in a way for piece of mind.
I couldn't have done that anyway. I could only target the vig, doctor, and cop.

That's if you really are the Cult Leader. Was my name specifically mentioned after you got your results back, or were you simply told that the recruitment had failed? Because I targeted you last Night and your recruitment could have been placed on a completely different person, such as one of the three remaining scum.

I am the Town Redirector. My specialty is taking what a person said and reapplying it to them. On discussion board, such as this one, it would be easy for me to examine an argument and turn the tides against the poster who made an argument. So let's say that a mod makes a post in order to frame someone during the Night, and then I come online and see the post and point out in a very beastly manner how it's wrong according to the Rules, so they have to choose a different target.

That's just my own take on the role description that Draco provided, since I can't post the whole thing.

If Vergo is the Cult Leader, then his attempt at recruiting me failed because I redirected it to another target, who happened to be scum (sadly, there's no way I'd be able to know who). There's also the possibility that Vergo is lying and simply wants me out of the way because I pointed out his scummy movements from the end of Day 4.
Since he's claiming to be a cult member and not the leader, this defense no longer works. You targeted someone who has no night action.

Secondly, yesterday Vergo was so quick to accept her claim and trust her to be "town" with no solid evidence that I'm pretty sure he must have known her role by then, meaning he was recruited.
Thirdly, also yesterday Vergo expressed not being confident in either Pendio nor Thareous, meaning Pendio couldn't have been the Cult Leader or he would've known.
JC has no confirmation to his role either except for my word. All of his investigations have failed except for day one just like my own. So if my claim is void, then would his not be as well?

Also, it would have been very easy for me to make up fake investigations since everyone that could have confirmed them would have been dead. If I really was that smart that I would make up such an elaborate claim, I don't know why I wouldn't go all the way and make up fake targets, especially knowing that the Tracker never targeted me.

Plus, what motivation did I have at that stage for making JC trust me? He was about to be lynched that day. Why would I need the trust of someone who was lynched, so much that I'd make a fake claim that I can't even back up with other information from the night? And since I would have no way of knowing his role as Cult Leader, how could I be sure that he would not be mafia?

Furthermore, wouldn't it be dangerous to make a claim that supposedly no longer had a night action if I really DID have a night action with a Tracker still in the game? Everyone thought I was the Watcher. Why not just claim Watcher and use the "my results have failed" thing again? That way I could still target people at night in case JC targeted me and I could make up fake investigations if needed. If I was the Cult Leader and JC caught me targeting someone, I would have been immediately discovered.

Unfortunately, I do agree that JC was probably targeted by the Mafia Role Cop, though, and they've been roleblocking him.

----

I already said at the beginning of the day that Big Octo is our best bet for a lynch, so I'm willing to join this bandwagon. But I guess I'll wait for Pendio since Vergo wanted to hear from him.

I'm not sure what to think about Thar. I guess simply the fact that he supposedly wasn't recruited by the cult should be enough, but I'm still not as sure about him as I am about Big Octo. Especially with both the name and role claim. (I can't even really suspect him for claiming Axle, since my own role is also former forum staff...) But we'll cross that bridge when we get there and see what happens in the night.

Pen

The game is on!
I have wanted to lynch the Big Octo for days!

Vote: Big Octo

I still think Vergo is the Cult Leader though. And the two Mafiosi remaining once Bocto is dead (assuming he is Mafia (which I really do)) are GDL and Thar (possibly Heroine instead of one of them but I do not think so).

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
JC has no confirmation to his role either except for my word. All of his investigations have failed except for day one just like my own. So if my claim is void, then would his not be as well?
Well for one it is true that his doesn't have much confirmation except for you. But if he was lying it would mean both of you were lying. Whereas if you are lying he isn't necessarily lying, only you, which I'm hoping is true. So technically are you saying you're both lying? I really hope that's not true because if it is the town has been awfully fooled.

Also, it would have been very easy for me to make up fake investigations since everyone that could have confirmed them would have been dead. If I really was that smart that I would make up such an elaborate claim, I don't know why I wouldn't go all the way and make up fake targets, especially knowing that the Tracker never targeted me.

Plus, what motivation did I have at that stage for making JC trust me? He was about to be lynched that day. Why would I need the trust of someone who was lynched, so much that I'd make a fake claim that I can't even back up with other information from the night? And since I would have no way of knowing his role as Cult Leader, how could I be sure that he would not be mafia?

Furthermore, wouldn't it be dangerous to make a claim that supposedly no longer had a night action if I really DID have a night action with a Tracker still in the game? Everyone thought I was the Watcher. Why not just claim Watcher and use the "my results have failed" thing again? That way I could still target people at night in case JC targeted me and I could make up fake investigations if needed. If I was the Cult Leader and JC caught me targeting someone, I would have been immediately discovered.

Unfortunately, I do agree that JC was probably targeted by the Mafia Role Cop, though, and they've been roleblocking him.

----

I already said at the beginning of the day that Big Octo is our best bet for a lynch, so I'm willing to join this bandwagon. But I guess I'll wait for Pendio since Vergo wanted to hear from him.

I'm not sure what to think about Thar. I guess simply the fact that he supposedly wasn't recruited by the cult should be enough, but I'm still not as sure about him as I am about Big Octo. Especially with both the name and role claim. (I can't even really suspect him for claiming Axle, since my own role is also former forum staff...) But we'll cross that bridge when we get there and see what happens in the night.

I understand what you're saying, but it seems you're reading wrong what I'm saying. There's no need for you to get defensive as I am not saying we go for you. I think it is now widely accepted that the cult are our allies, so you're safe. Only reason I could see for you to get so defensive is if you were mafia and you thought I was attacking you.

So is that majority?

Kirino

Tatakae
The members, emboldened by their previous victory against the mods, quickly followed on their remaining suspicions from the last day and choose their target extremely quickly, especially in comparison to the previous ones. They decided their target who was brought up to the stage, stood on a chair, and had a noose tied around his neck. With little hesitation, the chair was kicked; but, before it was, the victim managed to get a few words in. "You'll never succeed," he said with a smirk. "The other mods...will avenge me!" And with those final words, which the other members strongly suspected were paraphrased from a Zelda or Darksiders game in a poor attempt to sound menacing, the chair was kicked, and the target's neck snapped almost instantly. The victim's final words made his identity rather obvious, and a search of his body confirmed it. They had just taken out the leader of Zelda Dungeon! They were ecstatic at this achievement, especially when coupled with defeating Locke on the previous day, and cheered as loudly as they could. After a short celebration, they went to bed, satisfied with their progress and determined to rid the forums of the remaining mods.

Big Octo was Mases, the Godfather!

The Unbanned (6):
  • Vergo
  • Heroine of Time
  • Thareous
  • Pendio
  • justac00lguy
  • Go_Dark_Link

The Banned (15):
  • AvatarFlygon - Erebea, the Bulletproof Member
  • Erebea - Batman, the Member Vigilante
  • LittleGumball - Dan, the Member Bomb
  • Stitch - Atticus, the Member Doctor
  • musicfan - Viral Maze, the Member Desperado
  • findemaxa - fused_shadows, the Member Miller
  • Violet - justac00lguy, the Member Gladiator
  • Keith - Big Octo, a Cult Member
  • A Link in Time - A Link in Time, the Member Cop
  • Fig - MadameMajora, the Member Lover
  • Mido - PK Flash, the Member Lover
  • Viral Maze - Fig, a Cult Member
  • Atti-kiss - Locke, the Moderator Strongman
  • Dekunut - Thareous, the Double Voter
  • Big Octo - Mases, the Godfather

Night 6

The night will end in 48 hours. All PR's, please send me your targets via Skype.

EDIT: Accidenly posted it early. Whoops. Actual death scene will be up soon.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
:D

Mergeprevention!

EBWODP:

tumblr_myuegzjFhJ1slesqwo5_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom