• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Dang. I can't help but feel like we hit the wrong guy.

Pendio, I'm mad at you too. I really wanted to hear GDL's claim. You had absolutely no reason to claim, Pendio; you weren't up for a lynch, and GDL had already said he was going to claim. And blocking Vergo makes me suspicious as well. Why would you block a regular Cult member? You must have thought that he was actually the Cult Leader -- which makes me think, why would you prevent the Cult Leader from confirming someone? You could very, very easily be a Mafia Roleblocker, as that's quite standard as well.

Ugh. I'm just really mad that Pendio claimed. I really wanted to hear what GDL had to say, but now we'll never know. I would like to point out that he COULDN'T be a Cultist, though, with his current claim. The SK did not attack the night that he was recruited (right? I wasn't exactly active at that part of the game... Still don't know how we learned he was the SK...) and thus GDL could not have used his ability this night. ...Besides, if Vergo was Roleblocked, he couldn't have been recruited anyway. I really wanted to see if he was going to slip up and claim Cultist so I could use that argument to prove his truthfulness or not. But Pendio has taken that from the Town, which makes me think he had ulterior motives. On the other hand, if GDL HAD claimed Cultist, then HE would be practically confirmed Mafia. I'm not sure who to trust anymore.

If I die, I want you guys to know that I don't believe GDL is a Cultist, and that Pendio may have just tried to prevent the Town from learning important information. Please, please keep that in mind. I suspect that either myself or JC will die in the night -- assuming we didn't just lynch a Townie -- so I want all of my suspicions out right now. Please remember them if I die. That's my biggest concern right now.

Pen

The game is on!
My god, man! Why are everybody so cool with the Cult winning? If I had not blocked Vergo this night, and instead potentially blocked the Mafias factional kill, the Cult would have very likely taken the victory already (that would have meant that the Town would have lost, by the way). Since there were six players alive last night, two of which were Mafia, I was thinking that they can easily be dealt with during the days (which they can if we just focus a bit) and that if I did not block the Mafia killer, then they might just night kill some Cult member if we are lucky. What bothers me the most right now is the way people look at the Cult. You seem to think it is some sort of Town Mason group, similar to the one in the LOtR Mafia, while in reality a Cult is as much its own faction as the Mafia is, with identical win conditions. I had said for days that I thought that Vergo was the Cult Leader, but I did not choose to block him until last night, when blocking him was crucial for the Town's well-being. So please stop saying that the Cult possesses the power to "confirm" Townies, because it does not. The Cult corrupts Townies, and turns them into scum. My night action was only logical.

First off Pendio, taking your claim with a big grain of salt as it could easily be a fake claim. However, I would like for you to name claim and give us a hint of how the name fits the role.

Oh, I had forgotten name claiming was allowed. I am Dracomajora, still the Roleblocker.

Quite obviously, I am extremely frustrated by this claim for several reasons. Of course you just HAPPEN to have decided to claim today, one: when there is absolutely no pressure on you so there’s no need to do so, and two: right after the member getting lynched whom we highly suspect of being mafia suggests it! Am I seriously the only one who finds this super scummy? You had absolutely no reason to claim except that for some reason you felt the need to prove yourself to a suspected mafia member? And when you knew I was going to claim too, seriously?

Yeah, so what reason did you have to claim then? I had more votes on me than you did. You had basically already hinted at claiming Cultist, and after that (after my claim) you "soft claim" Watcher instead. This inconsistency bothers me.

Oh yeah, the mods killed DekuNut. And if we learned anything from yesterday’s lynch is that BOcto, who you claim to have roleblocked, was the godfather! Now, Atticus was the strongman so I’m assuming she was the only other person capable of killing at night, since we know there’s four of them: The Godfather, Cop, Strongman, and Roleblocker. So maybe the kill went through even though you RBed the GF… except that’s not possible because Atticus was lynched on Day 5. So please explain what supposedly happened, cause I’m pretty sure now you messed up on your fake claim and gave yourself away.

Not at all. A very common way in which Mafia game mods handle the Mafia's factional night kill is to let them decide themselves who they want to send out to perform the kill. In fact, here at these forums, this seems to be the most common way. So by my roleblocking the Godfather, I would not necessarily prevent the Mafia from killing, as they apparently sent out another player that night.

And your post, GDL, it just screams "Mafia" to me. Not only does it contradict my night actions, but you also seem subconsciously unsuspicious of Thar. Sure, you placed the vote, but his death was inevitable anyway. In some ways it seems almost as if you are still defending him, even though he is bound to die...

Also, the fact that GDL missed out on his claim today is really not that big of a deal. He can always say it tomorrow. Besides, I thought it was quite obvious that he was about to claim to be a Townie who had turned Cultist, right? And now, even though it was not an official role claim, he has basically claimed to be a Watcher. However, because he waited so long to do this, and because many of his results and whatnot do not match my actions, it is safe to say that (from everybody else's perspective) either GDL or myself are the last Mafioso if Thar flips Mafia.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Pendio said:
My god, man! Why are everybody so cool with the Cult winning? If I had not blocked Vergo this night, and instead potentially blocked the Mafias factional kill, the Cult would have very likely taken the victory already (that would have meant that the Town would have lost, by the way). Since there were six players alive last night, two of which were Mafia, I was thinking that they can easily be dealt with during the days (which they can if we just focus a bit) and that if I did not block the Mafia killer, then they might just night kill some Cult member if we are lucky. What bothers me the most right now is the way people look at the Cult. You seem to think it is some sort of Town Mason group, similar to the one in the LOtR Mafia, while in reality a Cult is as much its own faction as the Mafia is, with identical win conditions. I had said for days that I thought that Vergo was the Cult Leader, but I did not choose to block him until last night, when blocking him was crucial for the Town's well-being. So please stop saying that the Cult possesses the power to "confirm" Townies, because it does not. The Cult corrupts Townies, and turns them into scum. My night action was only logical.
I know the Cult was gathering momentum, but thing is we needed their presence to confirm who was scum and who wasn't, you kind of prevented that. You're most suspicious of GDL, right? Let's roll with the idea that he is which is what you see him as. Vergo wouldn't have been able to recruit him because he was Mafia, so the Cult wouldn't have done anything on this night and we would actually still be in pole position; however Vergo, assuming he lived, would've told us that information, but you choosing to RB denied us the possibility which is extremely scummy in hindsight.

You've been focused on the Cult Leader before we started to even lynch scum, that's exactly what a Mafioso would do. The Cult has been your main priority, and if we all focused on the Cult we would have lost simple as.

EBWODP
If Thar is the RB'er then we've won guys and I'll explain how when he's officially dead. However if he's the Role Cop then we'll have a choice to make. Thing is though, why would Pendio survive the night? Why would Mafia let the RB'er survive the night when he could potentially block their kill which would basically confirm a Town win. If Pendio does and survive and claims that he was RB'd then either me or GDL could gather sufficient evidence from our roles to confirm if he's telling the truth or not. Let's say I die, and Pendio says he was RB'd, GDL could use his role and vice versa. Eh this plan isn't full proof yet, but something to think about.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I know the Cult was gathering momentum, but thing is we needed their presence to confirm who was scum and who wasn't, you kind of prevented that. You're most suspicious of GDL, right? Let's roll with the idea that he is which is what you see him as. Vergo wouldn't have been able to recruit him because he was Mafia, so the Cult wouldn't have done anything on this night and we would actually still be in pole position; however Vergo, assuming he lived, would've told us that information, but you choosing to RB denied us the possibility which is extremely scummy in hindsight.

Yes, but how could I have known that the Cult was about to recruit Mafia? If he had attempted to recruit a Townie without being roleblocked, the Cult could have won by now. Also, I doubt the Mafia will attempt to kill me tonight for the simple fact that I am currently being suspected.

And JC, what is your opinion on my name claim that you asked for?

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Dang. I can't help but feel like we hit the wrong guy.

Pendio, I'm mad at you too. I really wanted to hear GDL's claim. You had absolutely no reason to claim, Pendio; you weren't up for a lynch, and GDL had already said he was going to claim. And blocking Vergo makes me suspicious as well. Why would you block a regular Cult member? You must have thought that he was actually the Cult Leader -- which makes me think, why would you prevent the Cult Leader from confirming someone? You could very, very easily be a Mafia Roleblocker, as that's quite standard as well.

Ugh. I'm just really mad that Pendio claimed. I really wanted to hear what GDL had to say, but now we'll never know. I would like to point out that he COULDN'T be a Cultist, though, with his current claim. The SK did not attack the night that he was recruited (right? I wasn't exactly active at that part of the game... Still don't know how we learned he was the SK...) and thus GDL could not have used his ability this night. ...Besides, if Vergo was Roleblocked, he couldn't have been recruited anyway. I really wanted to see if he was going to slip up and claim Cultist so I could use that argument to prove his truthfulness or not. But Pendio has taken that from the Town, which makes me think he had ulterior motives. On the other hand, if GDL HAD claimed Cultist, then HE would be practically confirmed Mafia. I'm not sure who to trust anymore.

If I die, I want you guys to know that I don't believe GDL is a Cultist, and that Pendio may have just tried to prevent the Town from learning important information. Please, please keep that in mind. I suspect that either myself or JC will die in the night -- assuming we didn't just lynch a Townie -- so I want all of my suspicions out right now. Please remember them if I die. That's my biggest concern right now.

I was never actually going to claim to have been recruited, as that's not what happened. I don't know if Vergo lied and didn't target me, or if his ability didn't go through because he was killed, but I'm not a cultist. If I were I would say so outright, because then the cult would be able to win with the town I think. If Thar turns out as a mafia member, and the last mafia kills someone who is town and not cult, then there would be a 1v1v1 tomorrow (of course, this is assuming there is still a cultist which I can't say for sure) so town and cult lynch the mafia, and since they can't kill each other game turns into a tie. However, if Thar is not mafia then this whole last day has been for nothing.

Oh, I had forgotten name claiming was allowed. I am Dracomajora, still the Roleblocker.

Yes, but how could I have known that the Cult was about to recruit Mafia? If he had attempted to recruit a Townie without being roleblocked, the Cult could have won by now. Also, I doubt the Mafia will attempt to kill me tonight for the simple fact that I am currently being suspected.

You are contradicting yourself here. Yes, it's true that the cult corrupts townies but we've long since established there's some sort of alliance between us, because one can't survive without the other at this point and we have a common enemy. Your logic makes no sense. Vergo had openly said they were going to target me to try and confirm if I was mafia or not, and according to you you've been suspicious of me "all along" so you wouldn't have worried about him targeting me because if you truly believed I was mafia then I wouldn't have been recruited anyway. But then, instead of trying to roleblock the mafia members, you went for the cult again, explicitly for Vergo who at the time was starting to look as if he was not in fact the Leader but just another cultist. How could you have known he was lying without the help of some kind of cop? And why would you take it upon yourself to hinder one of our main resources in such a way as to block their ability?

Yeah, so what reason did you have to claim then? I had more votes on me than you did. You had basically already hinted at claiming Cultist, and after that (after my claim) you "soft claim" Watcher instead. This inconsistency bothers me.

The reason I had to claim is that I had information for the rest of the town. The reason I had to claim is that JC had asked the Watcher to claim one or two days back, but I hadn't been able to because of people claiming first. The reason I had to claim is because I had said I was going to claim yet you saw fit to claim instead. I never tried to hint at claiming cultist and if you got that impression from me, then I apologize. And yes, after your supposed claim I softclaimed that role because I had no other choice as I could no longer fully claim. What inconsistency? For days I've been trying to put hints in my posts about my role. I've said I will "keep an eye on so and so" or "watch so and so" during the nights. Yes, I admit maybe I wasn't being obvious enough, but it was all I thought to do without being able to fully claim, and not wanting to get killed at night without first revealing the results of my nights.

Not at all. A very common way in which Mafia game mods handle the Mafia's factional night kill is to let them decide themselves who they want to send out to perform the kill. In fact, here at these forums, this seems to be the most common way. So by my roleblocking the Godfather, I would not necessarily prevent the Mafia from killing, as they apparently sent out another player that night.

I did think about that at first, as I am aware of that method being used. However, considering we now can safely assume that every single one of the mafia members has an ability I didn't think it'd be plausible for, lets say the Roleblocker, to visit one person during the night while they are simultaneously at another place killing someone. That's why I thought that the Godfather would be doing the kills. Of course I might be wrong and the mods explained to you how you do your kills at night, but I wouldn't know.

And your post, GDL, it just screams "Mafia" to me. Not only does it contradict my night actions, but you also seem subconsciously unsuspicious of Thar. Sure, you placed the vote, but his death was inevitable anyway. In some ways it seems almost as if you are still defending him, even though he is bound to die...

Also, the fact that GDL missed out on his claim today is really not that big of a deal. He can always say it tomorrow. Besides, I thought it was quite obvious that he was about to claim to be a Townie who had turned Cultist, right? And now, even though it was not an official role claim, he has basically claimed to be a Watcher. However, because he waited so long to do this, and because many of his results and whatnot do not match my actions, it is safe to say that (from everybody else's perspective) either GDL or myself are the last Mafioso if Thar flips Mafia.

Yes, of course I'm defending Thareous. The only reason I've said I'm pretty sure he must be the mafia cop and hammered his lynch is because I know he will be in a better place after he is lynched.

Good god man now it just seems like you're desperately trying to make it seem like I said or did something that I never did to inculpate me. Please tell me how I am subconsciously unsuspicious of Thar because it must be subconscious to such a great extent that I myself don't even know. I already said I never meant to claim cultist, and at this point the fact that to defend yourself you're trying to attack someone else instead of actually defending yourself just tells me that your defense is really shaky and you're vehemently trying to draw attention away from yourself.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

Already making excuses for why Mafia won't kill you is a guilty conscience in my eyes ;)

EBWODP
Oh and about the Draco name claim. I'm not sure what to think, I don't see how he would connect to a RB'er but then again people didn't see the connection between my role in relation to Mandy and Tracker. All I can say is that, I would think Draco would be a likely candidate to make an appearance of some sort as he is the mod (Luke, the co-mod, is in the game as well). I can't tell if it's legitimate or whether it was the easiest member for you to choose.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Draco is actually a very strong claim, but I'm not convinced. Both of you could be scum in my eyes for completely different reasons. This will be a close game...

And GDL, if you were not going to claim Cultist...

However, I will say that I know with Vergo dead nothing I say regarding the cult and myself will you be able to easily believe.
What have you told us about the cult so far that we will not believe?

But I do tell you this: I will tell you the role I started out with when I come back as well as everything I've learned up to this point. There's also the fact that I can probably no longer win this game with the town, whether you believe it or not (take this as you may).
And what do you mean by this? How has your role changed if you were not recruited by the cult, and why can you no longer win with the Town?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
And GDL, if you were not going to claim Cultist... What have you told us about the cult so far that we will not believe?

And what do you mean by this? How has your role changed if you were not recruited by the cult, and why can you no longer win with the Town?
Yeah this confused me too, I wasn't going to o question it until tomorrow, but, when I you asked my who I thought GDL soft claimed as, I was thinking he was a Cultist. The way he worded his posts made it seem as if he was converted.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Draco is actually a very strong claim, but I'm not convinced. Both of you could be scum in my eyes for completely different reasons. This will be a close game...

What I meant by "nothing I say regarding the cult you will probably be able to believe" is that it didn't matter whether I said I was recruited or not, or if I said I had been whether there were any other cult members or not, because since Vergo died then there would be no one to prove nor disprove it so I didn't think you guys would believe me either way. That's why I said I didn't think I could win with the town anymore, because either you guys thought I was recruited and if there's another cult member once the mafia is gone you would immediately jump on me as a prime suspect, or you thought I wasn't recruited which would make you think I was mafia. After all, I hadn't expected to still be town today and I'm sure you guys didn't either as yesterday it seemed I would either turn into a cultist or be proven mafia.
It was pretty much me despairing since I thought since Vergo died I was gonna get suspected regardless of what I said, which is why I wanted to claim as even if you didn't believe me you would have the information and I would have done everything I could before I died.

Pen

The game is on!

He was obviously about to say that he had been recruited into the Cult. There is no other way to explain what he said. Heroine, seeing as you have already role claimed, what character/name did you have (I apologize if you have already said it and I just missed it)?

You are contradicting yourself here. Yes, it's true that the cult corrupts townies but we've long since established there's some sort of alliance between us, because one can't survive without the other at this point and we have a common enemy. Your logic makes no sense. Vergo had openly said they were going to target me to try and confirm if I was mafia or not, and according to you you've been suspicious of me "all along" so you wouldn't have worried about him targeting me because if you truly believed I was mafia then I wouldn't have been recruited anyway. But then, instead of trying to roleblock the mafia members, you went for the cult again, explicitly for Vergo who at the time was starting to look as if he was not in fact the Leader but just another cultist. How could you have known he was lying without the help of some kind of cop? And why would you take it upon yourself to hinder one of our main resources in such a way as to block their ability?

How many times do I have to say it? The Town and the Cult are not on the same side. Sure, we have a common enemy and we have been cooperating to some extent in the past, but now that the game is coming to an end, we cannot keep this "alliance" going. If we did, the Cult would have claimed the victory themselves. You must understand that we do not win with them. We might as well join forces with the Mafia against the Cult! It is the same thing.

As for how I could know that Vergo was the Cult Leader. Well, I did not know, I noticed through the process of elimination. It really was quite simple from my perspective. And I am quite good at guessing, if I do say so myself.

The reason I had to claim is that I had information for the rest of the town. The reason I had to claim is that JC had asked the Watcher to claim one or two days back, but I hadn't been able to because of people claiming first. The reason I had to claim is because I had said I was going to claim yet you saw fit to claim instead. I never tried to hint at claiming cultist and if you got that impression from me, then I apologize. And yes, after your supposed claim I softclaimed that role because I had no other choice as I could no longer fully claim. What inconsistency? For days I've been trying to put hints in my posts about my role. I've said I will "keep an eye on so and so" or "watch so and so" during the nights. Yes, I admit maybe I wasn't being obvious enough, but it was all I thought to do without being able to fully claim, and not wanting to get killed at night without first revealing the results of my nights.

Technically you should be mod killed for role claiming after I did. At this point your role claim has become so apparent that I would no longer consider it a "soft claim". But I do not know how strict Leslie is with these things...

I did think about that at first, as I am aware of that method being used. However, considering we now can safely assume that every single one of the mafia members has an ability I didn't think it'd be plausible for, lets say the Roleblocker, to visit one person during the night while they are simultaneously at another place killing someone. That's why I thought that the Godfather would be doing the kills. Of course I might be wrong and the mods explained to you how you do your kills at night, but I wouldn't know.

When I was the Mafia Roleblocker in Kid Icarus: Uprising Mafia I was able to perform both a roleblock and a night kill each night after my two team mates had died. And I do not think it is a rare way for a Mafia game mod to do it.

I think we can all agree on that the character Dracomajora is for sure in this game, with him being the game mod and all. Obviously he would not be Mafia. That just would not make sense. So, unless I get a counterclaim from somebody else who claims to be the character Dracomajora, then I think you have no reason not to trust me. Besides, why would I as a member of the Mafia risk role claiming as the Town's Roleblocker (one of the most standard power roles) and name claim as Dracomaroa (one of the roles that are most certainly in the game)? Explain that!

Heroine of Time

He was obviously about to say that he had been recruited into the Cult. There is no other way to explain what he said. Heroine, seeing as you have already role claimed, what character/name did you have (I apologize if you have already said it and I just missed it)?
I hinted at it, but never full out claimed it. I don't even know if two name claims are allowed in a single day, but if not, all I really have to say is that my person was a former admin...

This is definitely a mass claim game, isn't it?

How many times do I have to say it? The Town and the Cult are not on the same side. Sure, we have a common enemy and we have been cooperating to some extent in the past, but now that the game is coming to an end, we cannot keep this "alliance" going. If we did, the Cult would have claimed the victory themselves. You must understand that we do not win with them. We might as well join forces with the Mafia against the Cult! It is the same thing.
I do kind of understand now why you blocked the Cult Leader. Depending on how many Cultists there were at the time, I suppose they could have won even today if GDL had been recruited. But at this point, we're in LyLo, and I almost feel as though it's more important to focus on the mafia. We might HAVE to win with the Cult if there are Cultists in the game right now, and Vergo seemed to indicate that there were. I don't know how this is going to work out... Even if there's only one Cultist, if they do not die in the night, then it'll be one Townie, one Cultist, and one Mafioso. I'm not sure who wins in that situation.

I think we can all agree on that the character Dracomajora is for sure in this game, with him being the game mod and all. Obviously he would not be Mafia. That just would not make sense. So, unless I get a counterclaim from somebody else who claims to be the character Dracomajora, then I think you have no reason not to trust me. Besides, why would I as a member of the Mafia risk role claiming as the Town's Roleblocker (one of the most standard power roles) and name claim as Dracomaroa (one of the roles that are most certainly in the game)? Explain that!
As I already said, your claim is very compelling, but I'm not trusting you fully yet.

I'm almost tempted to start looking at JC again. He got his first investigation result right, but what if he just made a lucky guess? It IS a possibility, no matter how unlikely... XD

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't think we're putting forth that we are aligned with Cult but more so working together to get rid of Mafia. I think you're acting as if the Cult are this all powerful role when in actual fact they were weaker than us, Vergo was a very smart leader, but Town had the numbers. Mafia are a much larger threat than the Cult, which is why I'm baffled why you've been Cult hunting.

Pendio said:
Ok, we can all agree on that the character Dracomajora is for sure in this game, with him being the game mod and all. Obviously he would not be Mafia. That just would not make sense. So, unless I get a counterclaim from somebody else who claims to be the character Dracomajora, then I think you have no reason not to trust me. Besides, why would I as a member of the Mafia risk role claiming as the Town's Roleblocker (one of the most standard power roles) and name claim as Dracomaroa (one of the roles that are most certainly in the game)? Explain that!
I don't like this, it's almost as if you're begging for trust. I mean Thar role claimed yet we're lynching him - it doesn't automatically save you. Also, you can't play the "no one else has counterclaimed card yet" as, per rules of the game, no one can counterclaim today. Though Pendio, could you give us a hint of how Draco [your role] is linked to RoleBlocker?

EBWODP
Heroine of Time said:
I'm almost tempted to start looking at JC again. He got his first investigation result right, but what if he just made a lucky guess? It IS a possibility, no matter how unlikely... XD
Hmm really? Would you even if Thar flips scum? I've basically been pressuring Thar all game. I mean I see why you're sceptical, but I would have had to play the greatest game of all time to be scum, lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom