• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nian Kast

Eh...Nian is a dragon like thingy in Chinese mythology, which, i actually figured out when someone asked me if i like chinese mythology, so uh, yea, i just randomly came up with it, Kast sounded fairly badass for a fantasy last name so i used it. But i just started using this username, i usually use dEUS:0.96, or some variation of, Deus = God in latin, and the 0.96 would be a version number, so like, it would be an imperfect version of god, something like a god who's realized he's god and takes advantage of it. I used 96 because, well, it's actually supposed to be a turned around rotated pisces sign, since i'm a pisces. And uh, i used the first letter as lowercase and the rest as uppercase to indicate the total opposite of god. Sho yea.

There are two parts to my name, and two reasons behind them...

Lenora - Lengthened version of Lenore, which was the name of a cartoon and comic character in Lenore: The Cute Little Dead Girl.

Dragon - It is merely for my love of fantasy.

^^ Too sweet of a combination, ey?

Oh and Lenore = awesomesauce.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I origionally had an... older... username, but I was asked to shorten it on old LoZ years ago. And I chose Mercedes! =D

'Tis my middle name, and Im sure was a joke that my dad left me >.< And I just think its a username you might remember. I dont see many Mercedes' on the forums around the Zelda Communities. ^^ And thats what you want in a username eh?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I'm Petman cause, well, I'm a pet man. I have cats, yet in socialization, I'm treated like a pet. It was originally because I was a man of pets on the website Neopets.

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
Well, serotonin is a chemical in the brain that improves the mood - the more you have, the happier you feel. It's also a track name from my favourite album Six by Mansun.

A wraith is an evil being from some sci-fi/fantasy shows I like - Stargate Atlantis and Deep Space Nine come to mind, and it's also from Lord of the Rings (but that's not a top fave of mine).

I'm a mixture of feelings and personalities - depending on what's going on in my life, who I'm with, etc. I can go to extremes, so much so I keep groups of people in my life separate from each other. For example, I can't be the same with my friends down the pub as I am in work looking after elderly people, and vice versa. If groups ever come into contact with each other, I don't know how to act so I'm pretty quiet. That hardly happens though. The different sides are still me, I don't fake a persona. I just have lots of them. I'm a mixed bag.

So I took two extremes and made it one username. I like the contradiction, and the unison. I forget the meaning now for the most part, I've used it for so long it just feels like me.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
What does my username mean? Well, seeing as my actual first name is Matthew, I like to think that it is a shorter form of my real name.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
Majora was the coolest boss concept from a 3d LoZ game that I had ever seen. So you know, my username went from Zypher to Majora. Then it went from Majora to Majora787, but the reason behind that isn't really on topic.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
What does my username mean? Well, seeing as my actual first name is Matthew, I like to think that it is a shorter form of my real name.

You got Matt from Matthew?

There is NO connection between those two names!!

;) ( winks to show she was joking )

To stay on topic... uuuh.... Mercedes make great cars!

owenshev

Nayru hates me :(
Made mine when I was 8 and used it ever since. It's my first name add half of my last name. However my Youtube account is NintendoDJ464. ^^

M

Menelaus

I obtained my username back when I was in high school...Freshman or Sophomore year if I am not mistaken. So this was about 6 years ago. Back then, playing Halo was where it was at. The first Halo in case you were wondering. Friday/Saturday nights, my brother, 13 of our friends and I would go over to a friend's house with 4 xbox's/TVs. We would hook them all up to each other and play 8 vs 8 through system link. We would play for hours, order Pizza from Little Ceasers and just have lots of fun. So how does this relate to my username? Well I wanted to find a good name for myself when I played Halo. We all had our own names and I wanted a unique one.

For those of you who do not know about the Halo universe, the main character (Master Chief), is what they call a Spartan II. No he is not from Sparta, it is just a code name for what he is.

With that in mind, I looked in the encyclopedia about Spartans. And I found that in Greek mythology, Menelaus was a king of Ancient Sparta, the husband of Helen, and a central figure in the Trojan War. A Spartan King....perfect. And from then on, it has stuck with me ever since.

'But Matt, you said that you use Menelaus for Halo. Why is your Xbox live account name Mr Redz?' When I bought my xbox 360 from my friend, his xbox live account came with it with a full year on it. He was a big paintballer and Redz is a paintball company. I was too lazy to change it so now I am just saying that Redz is the last name to my alter ego, which I have named Mr Menelaus Redz.

Loki comes form Norse Mythology so thats where is came form and he was a god of pranks and such so it fit. The II part means im numba 2 lol, however it's not Loki II here as it is in other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom