• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favourite Nintendo Game on Each Console

I'll just do the TV based consoles.
I'm not going to bother making them Nintendo developed only.
  • NES: Super Mario Bros 3
  • SNES: Terranigma
  • N64: Majora's Mask
  • GCN: Super Smash Bros Melee
  • Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
  • Wii U: Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Switch: Blaster Master Zero

Mido

Version 1
NES: The Legend of Zelda
SNES: Star Fox
N64: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Gamecube: Custom Robo
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii U: Star Fox Zero
Switch: Super Mario Odyssey

GBC: Donkey Kong Country
GBA: Super Mario Advance 2 (Super Mario World)
DS: Pokemon Black Version
3DS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I admittedly had a difficult time keeping the list solely first-party, but here's a general landing zone in terms of some favorites!

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I am SUPER impressed that you threw down Wario Ware - Smooth Moves! That game was a wholly unique experience, I loved shaking down enemies with the wiimote :D
@LegendOfMeesh has top quality taste. She's rocking Another Code on DS too <3

Thanks guys! <3

Yeah, WW is a lot of fun to play. I like that it’s focused on quick thinking and that you have to use the Wiimote in different positions. It’s a fun challenge. It also has super catchy music, which is a huge reason why I love it so much.

SNES: Star Fox
N64: Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Gamecube: Custom Robo
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii U: Star Fox Zero
Switch: Super Mario Odyssey

GBC: Donkey Kong Country
GBA: Super Mario Advance 2 (Super Mario World)
DS: Pokemon Black Version
3DS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I admittedly had a difficult time keeping the list solely first-party, but here's a general landing zone in terms of some favorites!

The SNES and N64 Mystical Ninja games were golden <3

Definitely! I never played the SNES titles, but both the N64 ones are very solid games to the point where I was excited to see Goemon make the Mii costume cast.

The SNES one is bloody evil. It was so difficult.

I saw this in a store and thought it was a Mystical Ninja movie.

81zkZlVa4NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
SNES: Donkey Kong Country
Yeeesss!

So mine.

SNES: Donkey Kong Country (maybe not a shocker from me if you know me, lol.)
N64: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask (it's always a dead lock between these two for me)
Gamecube: Twilight Princess
Wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns (Hands down, I love this game so much, it helped me through a tough time).
Wii U: Twilight Princess HD
Switch: Breath of the Wild

I never had my own handheld until the 3DS, so:

3DS: A Link Between Worlds

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
SNES: Donkey Kong Country 2
N64: Banjo-Kazooie (DK64 a close second)
GCN: Zelda Wind Waker
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wii U: Breath of the Wild
DS: Pokemon Diamond
3DS: OoT3D
Switch: So far I've had the most enjoyment from Animal Crossing, but haven't tried the widest selection on the console yet.

I haven't played enough of the gameboy or virtual boy games to make a balanced assessment of those consoles.

Going off of first party Nintendo games and assuming we're just talking Nintendo IP's:

NES: Super Mario Bros 3 / Legend of Zelda
SNES: Super Mario RPG
N64: Donkey Kong 64 / Ocarina of Time
GameCube: Pikmin 2 / Metroid Prime
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
Wii U: Breath of the Wild
Switch: Super Mario Odyssey/Smash Ultimate

Gameboy: Super Mario Land
Gameboy Color: Pokemon Crystal
Gameboy Advance: Pokemon Leaf Green / Metroid Fusion
Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros / Mario Kart DS
Nintendo 3DS: Mario 3D Land / A Link Between Worlds

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
NES: Zelda 1
SNES: Lttp
N64: MM
GameCube: Windwaker
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
Wii U: uhhhh..... WWHD? If that doesn’t count than Super Mario 3D World
Switch: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Gameboy: either Links Awakening or Super Mario Land 2
Gameboy color: Pokemon Crystal maybe?
GBA: Minish cap (mainly because I don’t own that many games on GBA, it’s really only this by default)
DS: Pokemon BW, though Spirit Tracks is also very high on the list.
3DS: Miitopia

NES: Zelda 1 - Holds up to this day, still fun
SNES: Chrono Trigger - Maybe one of the most polished games of all time, too many good things to say
N64: Mario Kart 64 - 100% Nostalgia guarded (objectively would be Ocarina of time)
Gamecube: Paper Mario & The Thousand Year Door - Great story, Great Humour, Love it
Wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl - Tough one but sank 12 hours non-stop into it on the day of release; Subspace emissary = Mind blown
Wii U: Splatoon - Close between that & Hyrule Warriors but I loved playing and adored the Splatfests, so much buzz online, good atmosphere
Switch: Breath of the wild - Doesn't need explaining

Gameboy: Pokemon Yellow - Enjoyed being able to get all 3 starters
GBC: Pokemon Crystal - Favourite gen, Favourite Pokemon, Favourite music
GBA: Advance Wars 2 - Improved on the first in practically every way
DS: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Fell in love with the franchise as soon as I finished the 1st case
3DS: Fire Emblem Awakening - Loved all it did

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Hard to nail down my favorites, but I'll try to narrow it down.

NES: Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Contra, Battletoads, and Crystalis.

SNES: A whole helluva lot of games, as I feel that the SNES has one of the best game libraries ever, but my favorites are, A Link to the Past, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Donkey Kong Country, Diddy's Kong Quest, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World (my favorite Mario game), Mega Man X, and Super Metroid.

There's actually a ton I'm missing for the SNES, as that was one of the few consoles I felt was absolutely stellar.

N64: Much like the SNES, the N64 I feel also has one of the best game libraries, and my favorites are many. My favorites are Banjo-Kazooie, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (which still holds the title of my favorite game ever made), Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Mario 64 (which is fantastic), Perfect Dark, Turok, Goldeneye 007, Super Smash Bros., and F-Zero X.

Game Cube: My list of games here are kinda limited, as I feel the Game Cube's library isn't as strong as the N64 or SNES. Nevertheless, there's awesome games. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Mario Sunshine are the best games on the console, in my opinion.

However, the Game Cube gave me what I think is the best designed game pad, and that's the Game Cube Controller. Fite me, scrubs!

Wii: In my opinion, I feel that the Wii has the weakest library, as the console itself I feel is a gimmick. However, there's awesome games too. My favorite on the console is Super Mario Galaxy (which is fantastic).

Wii U: Again, has a weak library of games, but there's still good ones. Wind Waker HD might be the best remake, Splatoon is fun, if slightly unbalanced and flawed, and while I was introduced to Bayonetta from the Xbox 360 originally, I have to give it to both Bayonetta games for being exactly what I expect out of a spectacle fighter in the Devil May Cry style.

Switch: It seems Nintendo is turning things around with the Switch, as we now have a much stronger library than the Wii or Wii U. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Breath of the Wild (which is fantastic), Super Mario Odyssey (which I think rivals Super Mario 64 in fun and quality), Splatoon 2 was an improvement on the first one, but still is kinda unbalanced, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, ARMS (which is fun), and the wonderful Astral Chain.

Nintendo has definitely improved with the Switch, as I felt there was a dip with the Wii and Wii U.

Now for handhelds. :)

Gameboy: This one is easy for me, it's Pokemon Red & Blue.

Gameboy Color: Easy, Link's Awakening DX, the definitive version of the game if you ask me.

Gameboy Advance: Golden Sun, Minish Cap, and Pokemon Emerald.

DS: Easy, the original trilogy of Phoenix Wright. :)

3DS: Love the 3DS, my favorite game is the remake of Majora's Mask (because it's my favorite game of all time), Shin Megami Tensei IV, Pokemon X & Y, as well as Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice, and A Link Between Worlds.

I'd love to have a killer library of games like we had back in the SNES days. That console was near perfect. If we did, it might cause me to leave my PC gaming comfort zone.

Last edited:
NES: Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES: Super Mario World
N64: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wii U: Super Mario Maker
Switch: Super Mario Maker 2
Game Boy: Pokémon Red/Blue
Game Boy Color: Pokémon Crystal
Game Boy Advance: Pokémon Emerald
DS: Mario Kart DS
3DS: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and New Super Mario Bros Wii

WiiU: Breath of the Wild, Mario Maker, and Super Smash Bros WiiU

3ds: Majora's Mask, New Super Mario Bros 2, and Ocarina Of Time

That's all the consoles I've played :kawaii:
All of you guys have played so many consoles, and I, just three...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom