• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Enemies

• Thread starter God Of Lightning
  • Start date
C

Crystallion

The Iron Knuckles (or Dark Nuts) in almost all of the Zelda games, the Gerudo guards (OoT), Stalfos (OoT), the archer bokoblins (TP) and I can't remember which ones I liked most in Wind Waker. Possibly because all the other enemies are overshadowed by the Floor Masters >_<

Also, I love dragons, so it's only natural that I liked Aquamentus in the first game (Gleeok not so much xD)

P

PimPSlaP

I have a couple so I'll just name it off by console game.
LoZ: The ever classic Octorok. :D
AoL: Iron Knuckle, the most advance combat of the 2D half of the series takes place when ever these guys roll around.
ALttP: There aren't many that stick out, but I would say Stalfos warriors.
OoT: Iron Knuckles, ReDeads, Dead Hand, Poes, and the rest of the undead cast.
MM: Mostly the same as OoT
WW: Darknuts, although not a challenge, thanks to the parry attack, but still fun.
TP: Darknuts, they were increased in awesome level ten fold from WW.

Zarom

The King
There are SO many ennemies in the Zelda series that I like, so here are some of them:

Octorocks, stalfos, bokoblins, miniblins, moblins, redeads, wallmasters/floormasters, iron knuckles, darknuts, wizrobes, dodongos, tektites, wolfos, lizalfos/dinofols, chuchus, gohmas...

and many other!!! :tektite: :wallmaster: :stalfos: :keese: :eek:ctorok: :wallmaster: :stalfos: :keese: :eek:ctorok: :chu:

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think the Iron Knuckles / Darknuts are always my favourite just because I like the imagery of Link fighting a large armoured foe. Throughout the series I just find them to be compelling for this reason, and I think it was all culminated in TP with the awesome battle in the Temple of Time with a Darknut miniboss. That's just a fantastic scene in my opinion, which really paid off on my love for these characters.

B

Bongo Bongo

Those things that rode the hogs in TP and the Darknuts in any game. I love fighting Darknuts.:P

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Darknuts and Iron Knuckles, most definately.

For me, these are the most time consuming enemies that aren't bosses, so I have the most fun fighting them. There seems to be something more satisfying about takeing out an Iron Knuckle or a Darknut, probably because I consider them some of the toughest enemies you can meet in the series. Well, in the 3D games at least... :rolleyes:

Also, using all those special skills in TP to defeat a Darknut is extremely awesome. And being able to use a Darnut's sword in WW is endless fun as well. ^^

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
My favorite enemies:

~ironknuckles
~darknuts (Tp and Ww)
~dodongo (huge ones from Mm)
~bublins (from Tp)

I love the first two the best, they are challenging, fun, and they look cool.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Bah, I hate nearly all the Darknuts.....

What with their "Haha, you can't hit me for damage that well, whilst I smack you for usually decent damage with my large iron sword-like club".

I really don't like any of the enemies in LOZ, being that if I liked them, it would be slightly harder on me for killing them all.

All in all I kind of like the small metal enemies in TP......*goes to Zeldawiki*.....
The Helmasaur, yeah thats it. Reminds me of Aron from the HoennDex.
The cute little deadly monster. I have too much fun with those in Hyrule Field with my Double Clawshots.....

Darknut/Iron Knuckle:
Ths is probably the hardest Zelda enemy outside of the bosses that I've faced in any Zelda game. I find these especially hard in LoZ (for a mix that they move unpredictibly and that you can hit them from anywhere like other enemies) by far.

They are also the hardest enemy in OoT and TP, none of the enemies in either game gave me as much a challenge than these guys. They take strategy, not just random hacking and slashing until they die (well in TP there are they fully armored Dodongo's but they die quickly in comparison).

They aren't really that hard 1-1 but they still give you a bit of a challenge, It's when you attempt to take 2-3 of them on at once (like in Ganon's Castle in both OoT and TP or the 3 in the Cave of Ordeals). They take more skill to lure on out to take them down one by one with your sword, although you could have done it by other means.

I don't think that any other enemies (outside of the mini-boss or boss groups) in the newer games pose any threat at all, they are just too easy but when you get to the early games many of them come close to beating the Iron Knuckle (although I'm not sure if this is the correct name for them), It is just that they have to be hit from the sides or behind.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
My favorite enemies in zelda series alway is Octorok and Chuchus. They like cute in Toon Link games......

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I have to say the Darknuts. They're so fun to fight in Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker. I love using a few hidden skills while facing the TP one, and using the parry attack on the one on TWW. So fun. :3

T

Triforce Hero

Indeed? Then what are those smaller creatures that rode the boars and wielded clubs and bows? I'd assumed they were like moblins.

The Moblin like creatures are Bulblins and the boars they ride are called Bullbos.

T

Triforce Hero

There are many enemies that i like, some of my favourites are:
Octorok - Classic Zelda enemies, it wouldn't be a Zelda game without them (yet TP somehow pulled it off).
Gibdo - I loved burning these creatures with whatever item I could. Fire Rod in ALttP, Lantern in TMC.
Like Like - The idea of a creature that eats your shield. Genius.
Darknut - I have enjoyed all variations of this enemy, but enjoy most the ones from in TP, they were such fun to fight.
Wizzrobe - These enemies were fun to take on in the earlier games. There appearence in the more recent games they have been in makes them look stupid and these enemies have to go back to how they were.
Helmasaurs - I have fun killing these enemies with their armour like helmets. Its fun pulling them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom