• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Kasutony
I mean to say "there's no (apparent) risk to the town in losing someone who might not contribute."

Diego

Donger King of leis
Some people don't realize that they're being a little overagressive, so I was just pointing it out.

Anyways, I get where you're coming from. But we have no advantages over them right now. What we wait for are flips. Day 1 we start RVS, then come up with some little thing to latch someone
So... we wait till the end of the day, we lynch at random and wait till the next day to see what happens?

That truly sounds like terrible plan

So... we wait till the end of the day, we lynch at random and wait till the next day to see what happens?

So what's your plan? You've been very persist about saying how it is a bad idea, but you haven't given a plan of attack.

I think our first course of action should be to discourage anti-town behaviour, the most apparent example thus far being musiclover. Maybe the way they are acting is "normal" on ZD but with mafia at large it is incredibly anti-town and apathetic. I'm keeping my vote for musiclover so long as he keeps his vote on Diego for an arbitrary reason.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I know I'm not in danger of being lynched. So? I'll keep pushing regardless.

With you, it's less pushing and more "shoving off a cliff." But Deku is right. We aren't getting anywhere with you. Soooo.. Sadia and SavageWizzrobe where u at? Also:

Sounds terrible, but what's your plan Doegi? We dont exactly have anything to go on unless scum slips up big time. You talk about how ****ty our ideas are, but you havent exactly given us a super amazing plan for victory.

I think our first course of action should be to discourage anti-town behaviour, the most apparent example thus far being musiclover. Maybe the way they are acting is "normal" on ZD but with mafia at large it is incredibly anti-town and apathetic. I'm keeping my vote for musiclover so long as he keeps his vote on Diego for an arbitrary reason.

I see your logic and my reason for defending music may be ****ty, but from the games I've seen music in, this IS normally what he does. He doesnt get active until later on. At least I think. It's been a while since I played here. However he WAS rather quick to vote Dhisgo. But overall, I wouldnt recommend lynching him today. IF he's town, he'll be really helpful later on.

If he can be helpful later on he can tell me himself that he will be + why we should lynch Diego. If he refuses to change his vote then he sees Diego as a viable lynch and should have a good reason to back it up.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
If he can be helpful later on he can tell me himself that he will be + why we should lynch Diego. If he refuses to change his vote then he sees Diego as a viable lynch and should have a good reason to back it up.

Alrighty. Fair enough. Let's just wait and see what he says if anything.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Day 1 lynches will generally be "random" in the sense that we have no info to go on (i.e. cops won't have an investigation, we don't have anyone flipped to analyze their content), but randomly choosing a target isn't going to be helpful. Further, picking them for reasons like "they're trying too hard to be pro-town" is bad. I partook in a game on ZU (Discoworld theme) in which the town constantly punished activity and tore itself apart with paranoia due to attitudes like musicfan expressed in his vote for Diego.

That's the sort of anti-town sentiment I don't want to see fly.
Randomly choosing, even though it may seem redundant, does get discussion going in whatever way you want to look at it. It isn't wasting Day One since we still have like 80% of the day to go. I see where you're coming from, but constantly punishing and magnifying one single post will lead to mistakes and waste our time if all we do is carry on this conversation throughout the day.

The chances are that none involved in this discussion are Mafia are pretty high probability-wise, which means they'll just most likely sit back and let you guys go at each other and inevitably lynch one another. I've seen this happen multiple times and I honestly see this discussion potentially leading to a mislynch. I could be wrong, maybe one of you guys are Mafia, but if we're bickering over basically nothing already then how are we going to ever reach agreements and pull together? Good communication, "trust", and mutual understanding are very important in Mafia for the Town. You could trust the wrong person, sure, but we have no chance of any of those three if we continue acting like this.

Ebwodp
When I die vig you should know which two to shoot.
This is bad advice and you're acting too hasty. The idea that the two people acting aggressive towards you/others means they're Mafia is, one, highly unlikely, and two, just illogical. Why would scum act super forward and aggressive Day One and also from a mutual relationship together? That is actually a really risky move and would be a very nooby and reckless tactic. They seem pro town for me at the moment, but are maybe trying to force their agenda and playstyle across to players who are unfamiliar with them.

So please don't revenge post; it will lead to more harm if the Vig actually listens.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Oh, I didn't kow you were new, sorry :)
I tend to be a lttle too aggressive at times, and don't explain some concepts :D

WiFoM is basically a circular reasoning
For example, a Police chases a thief, and the thief takes one of two roads: The right one is dark and empty, the left one is lightened full of people.
So the Police thinks:
"I'll go right. But what if he wants me to go right? Then I'll go left. But what if he did that so I have to choose left? I'll go right, then"

As you see, it never ends, and you post was pretty much that :)

Oh I get ya. Thanks for explaining.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
See I'm thinking a few Mafia are more then likely people who haven't even posted, like right now I'm looking and I'm seeing people have viewed the thread but simply haven't posted, I'm thinking atleast one of them is who we should target. I mean it seems so far that the most votes are against Diego but is pulling to lynch him the best move? I mean I'm just throwing out there that maybe we should go for the quiet people?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
See I'm thinking a few Mafia are more then likely people who haven't even posted, like right now I'm looking and I'm seeing people have viewed the thread but simply haven't posted, I'm thinking atleast one of them is who we should target. I mean it seems so far that the most votes are against Diego but is pulling to lynch him the best move? I mean I'm just throwing out there that maybe we should go for the quiet people?

A good point. At least he could be helpful, since he's active. Just reminding everyone not to focus on inactives and forget to keep looking.

Unvote
Vote: SavageWizzrobe

Musicfan

the shadow mage
So now that I cooled off. And have had sleeped for the first time in a while.

I think that I did over reacted. My vote still stands. However who here knows the characters in xenoblade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom