• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Holy ****. I blinked and all of a sudden **** went down.

*ahem* So anyway.. I read through and right now I'm not really feeling anyone. Deogie is pushy as ****, but thats it. I dont really see him as too scummy. Just.. angry and aggressive lol. Rosa seems pro-town. And for the most part everyone else is playing like they normally do. At least from the games I've played with them. And ofc the new people are new so I'm not too worried about them.

Tbh tho I think my original vote is our best choice. :right:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Holy ****. I blinked and all of a sudden **** went down.

*ahem* So anyway.. I read through and right now I'm not really feeling anyone. Deogie is pushy as ****, but thats it. I dont really see him as too scummy. Just.. angry and aggressive lol. Rosa seems pro-town. And for the most part everyone else is playing like they normally do. At least from the games I've played with them. And ofc the new people are new so I'm not too worried about them.

Tbh tho I think my original vote is our best choice. :right:
Deal
Unvote
Vote: Pkfroce

Welcome back man

Diego

Donger King of leis
In all honesty, it was your pushiness. I'm not saying that it doesn't work, just that, as someone said earlier (I'm lazy), this is a new culture for you. While you're used to completley serious Day 1s with no RVSs, that's not what we're like here. If you calm down a bit (I feel some anger/frustraion coming through your words) and realize that we're a little different than you, then this kind of thing won't really happen again.
Besides, it's not like you're in danger of being lynched or anything. It's only still being talked about because you're making a big deal about it.
Haha, calm down?
Anger and frustration? Thanks Dr Phil! I feel so much better now :)
I know you guys play different. I read the rules. However, some details were'nt written there (like daytime mafia talks...) and especially that you guys pretty much wast the day 1 in random votes, when it's truly the best moment to make a move against the Mafia

I know I'm not in danger of being lynched. So? I'll keep pushing regardless. Actvity, is what will make things work. And I'll make a big deal out of this here, in EpicMafia, other Zelda sites, anywhere! The culture doesn't change the basic behaviour of someone trying to hide something, only the method they use.

Eoghan

Kasutony
Question: Would you rather lynch an inactive or lynch for a petty reason on Day One?

My chief want is for activity, so that we may have more information, more discussion to catch lies and the like.

A lot of people ignore Day 1, so may not be the best plan for today.

That's really not my fault? I'd rather put pressure on people to take this more seriously. I don't have much fun if it's just a few people throwing around votes like it's no big deal. Lives are on the line, man.

But seriously, I have to agree with Rosa. As it is, scum can just float on by under the radar and have the town kill itself.
Relying on the vigilante is kind of flippant, in my opinion. If we coerce the inactives into action, the vig can focus on their suspicions. It kind of delays the justice system leaving them with more work, no?

Something seems off about how pro town he is.

Aren't we all, at the very least, meant to appear pro-town at minimum? I'm not overly fond of aggressive players, but it's not a crime to be eager.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Haha, calm down?
Anger and frustration? Thanks Dr Phil! I feel so much better now :)
I know you guys play different. I read the rules. However, some details were'nt written there (like daytime mafia talks...) and especially that you guys pretty much wast the day 1 in random votes, when it's truly the best moment to make a move against the Mafia

I know I'm not in danger of being lynched. So? I'll keep pushing regardless. Actvity, is what will make things work. And I'll make a big deal out of this here, in EpicMafia, other Zelda sites, anywhere! The culture doesn't change the basic behaviour of someone trying to hide something, only the method they use.
Some people don't realize that they're being a little overagressive, so I was just pointing it out.

Anyways, I get where you're coming from. But we have no advantages over them right now. What we wait for are flips. Day 1 we start RVS, then come up with some little thing to latch someone

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Sorry.
Lynch someone over. Day Two we usually have at least two flips to go off, so we can start analyzing their interactions with other people.

That I can respect. Follow it up all you want then... Just making a suggestion. It's kinda taking over the thread right now, and very little headway is being made in other directions. So there's my two cents

Day 1 lynches will generally be "random" in the sense that we have no info to go on (i.e. cops won't have an investigation, we don't have anyone flipped to analyze their content), but randomly choosing a target isn't going to be helpful. Further, picking them for reasons like "they're trying too hard to be pro-town" is bad. I partook in a game on ZU (Discoworld theme) in which the town constantly punished activity and tore itself apart with paranoia due to attitudes like musicfan expressed in his vote for Diego.

That's the sort of anti-town sentiment I don't want to see fly.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
My chief want is for activity, so that we may have more information, more discussion to catch lies and the like.

That's really not my fault? I'd rather put pressure on people to take this more seriously. I don't have much fun if it's just a few people throwing around votes like it's no big deal. Lives are on the line, man.

But seriously, I have to agree with Rosa. As it is, scum can just float on by under the radar and have the town kill itself.
Relying on the vigilante is kind of flippant, in my opinion. If we coerce the inactives into action, the vig can focus on their suspicions. It kind of delays the justice system leaving them with more work, no?

Aren't we all, at the very least, meant to appear pro-town at minimum? I'm not overly fond of aggressive players, but it's not a crime to be eager.
Makes sense.
The one major problem is that sometimes they don't care. The inactives are inactive for a reason. Why try to lynch someone if they wont fight back and argue for themselves? A vig shot makes the day more useful, because then we can have discussion and headway.

Which by the way, the whole "oh well if I get lynched the vig know who to shoot tonight/you know who to lynch tomorrow" is a defeatist attitude and comes off as a newbie mafia move to me.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Day 1 lynches will generally be "random" in the sense that we have no info to go on (i.e. cops won't have an investigation, we don't have anyone flipped to analyze their content), but randomly choosing a target isn't going to be helpful. Further, picking them for reasons like "they're trying too hard to be pro-town" is bad. I partook in a game on ZU (Discoworld theme) in which the town constantly punished activity and tore itself apart with paranoia due to attitudes like musicfan expressed in his vote for Diego.

That's the sort of anti-town sentiment I don't want to see fly.
We're not saying trying to be town is good. I think Music just doesn't enjoy the overly agressive attitude and finds some of his focuses weird, since it's different here.

I very much understand where you're coming from though. Something like that would kill the game.

If someone claims they are going to post very little Day 1 and stick to their initial vote without a solid reason then I I'm going to consider that a very scummy move. They're basically committing to not partake in conversation nor to generating discussion on who should be lynched. Active lurking. Scum tactic.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
If someone claims they are going to post very little Day 1 and stick to their initial vote without a solid reason then I I'm going to consider that a very scummy move. They're basically committing to not partake in conversation nor to generating discussion on who should be lynched. Active lurking. Scum tactic.
Can't argue with that. Stare them down and vote them all you want. It's more legit than most other votes going on right now.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I just read the like, 4 pages that appeared when I went to see Ant-Man earlier and wow guys. Lots and lots of stuff already. Honestly it's surprising to hear of a place where Mafia are not allowed to talk during the day time. And this is coming from someone who has also played Mafia on multiple sites. That kind makes me feel less suspicious of those who are surprised to hear how it works here but it far from clears them. Can still be Mafia and act like surprised townie.

Onto Diego, slightly wearing of the over aggressive attitude but I don't think it is a bad thing. More and more recently people have been trying to get things more serious on day one, and while Diego is just a little high on the aggression it's actually kind of welcomed. And while I may not agree on some of his points about it, it's awesome. Now because we quickly turned this game super serial

Unvote

Even though I doubt that one vote for Rosa would have mattered, it doesn't need to stay there any longer.

Eoghan

Kasutony
The one major problem is that sometimes they don't care. The inactives are inactive for a reason. Why try to lynch someone if they wont fight back and argue for themselves? A vig shot makes the day more useful, because then we can have discussion and headway.

I feel that we should discourage an apathetic attitude like this by punishing it. (Not to say we should punish anyone who is inactive with justification, within reason.) Perhaps not resulting in a spectacular move from the town, but with continued practice, surely the attitude could be changed in future games. Unless you have serious obligations, you should honor your agreement to participate.

But for this day, I still stand by the notion that an inactive lynch is best; there's no risk to the town in losing someone who almost certainly might contribute later (whereas it's ambiguous otherwise).

In future days, this isn't the best plan. But for now, we have people talking. If they inexplicably stop talking and stop being an asset to the town, we ought to act accordingly and go after them in lieu of another target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom