• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Here I stand, alongside my friends, my blade poised for battle against the colossal foe before me. It was this very Mechon who plagued my people with unspeakable atrocities, whisking them away to his lair in Galahad Fortress and forcefully bending them to his will. For this reason, my comrades and I have placed everything on the line to avenge those that the Mechonis had beleaguered. It is our duty to change our destinies even in the face of adversity, and preserve the future for generations to come.

With this obligation in mind, I raised my sword and prepared to rush ahead; but before I could so much as step forward, a brilliant light erupted from the sky above. What appeared to be three figures stood out amidst the enduring radiance, and a voice resounded from the heavens like thunder.

"Foolish mortals, wasting away their lives on petty trifles such as war, behold, I am returned! Don't be surprised, for everything in this world is dictated by the passages of fate. As time can only flow toward the inevitable, so too shall my rebirth come to pass. I am the origin. That which will be, will be. Surrender now to the power of a god!"

In that instance, the radiance whirled away into oblivion and the ground beneath my feet began to shake; around me my friends toppled over, crying out helplessly. I fell, too, but kept watch on the enemy Mechon as it flew away as if in a rage, desperate to pursue the self-proclaimed deity.

Finally, the earth stopped shaking and I cautiously sat up, still disoriented. Shaking my head to clear it, I looked at my companions. They all shared the same disturbed expression, both fearing the arrival of yet another opponent who would threaten us and showing concern for our own safety. Now it meant that not only our survival was at stake, but our home, the titanic being called Bionis, was doomed to fall if we did not succeed.

Day 1 Begins

Rules
  • Do not communicate with each other outside of the game regarding your roles
  • Do not reveal any information outside of the game
  • Know the basic Mafia rules
  • You may roleclaim once each Day
  • No mass claims or nameclaims
  • Bold your votes like Vote: Malia or else they will not be counted
  • Do not edit your posts; instead double-post with EBWODP before your new message
  • You may not use your Role PMs as evidence
  • Night posting is allowed so long as things do not get out of hand
  • Most importantly, have fun!

Players
  1. Linkdude74
  2. pkfroce Mellow Ezlo Blackkirby
  3. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  4. Cody
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1
  • Diego - Shulk, the Town Dreaming God, lynched Day 2
  • Rosa Luxemburg - Dunban, the Town Captain, killed Night 2
  • PokaLink - Juju, the Vanilla Townie, killed Night 2
  • Eoghan - Dickson, the Two-Shot Mafia Strongman, lynched Day 3
  • Frozen Chosen - Egil, the Cult Leader, killed Night 3
  • A Link In Time - Reyn, the Town Roleblocker, lynched Day 4
  • musicfan - Sharla, the Town Healer, killed Night 4
  • JC-Hurin - Lorithia, the Mafia Framer, killed Night 4

Replacements

• Double A

Last edited:

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Hey everyone! I've played Mafia before but this is a new set of rules for me so I'll try and learn them quickly.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
What should voting be based on today? In my experience Mafia often hide by being quiet, so I'd be happy to vote for someone who seems like they're hiding. Have to give everyone the chance to see the thread first though obviously since it got put up at about 11PM.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What should voting be based on today? In my experience Mafia often hide by being quiet, so I'd be happy to vote for someone who seems like they're hiding. Have to give everyone the chance to see the thread first though obviously since it got put up at about 11PM.
Searching for hiders is always a good plan. Here we usually start off with RVS for most of Day One. Look for anything suspicious an we may or may not jump on it.

pkfroce

Skelepuns

Basically what Deku said. Normally Day 1 is all ****s and giggles.

Let us find these ruffians and bring them to justice.

First thing is first: hiding and lurking is most certainly where you can find at least one scum. It is known. Don't let active lurking slide either. That is, people who make posts that are all fluff and no content.

Our other order of business should be to recognize that we have a backup. I'm not sure how backups work here, but from ZU if someone is not present for one day cycle without prior notification this is usually grounds for a modkill and being replaced. Before we go voting for an inactive we should keep this in mind: lynching an inactive does not get us any information. A bandwagon will form on the basis of a "policy lynch" so to speak, not on whether people make an argument against someone for being scum. As the to-be-lynchee has yet to post, we cannot see who they have interacted with.

In short, lynching an inactive is fruitless.

With that said, this is a new mafia community to me and I've only played with two of the others here. Unless anything happens, i.e. a daykill, someone acting particularly scummy, I'm likely going to cast my vote towards someone who has a low post count in combination with producing little content.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I was pretty good about my mod kills in my game. Just saying. Well I was about to mod kill and then someone said "OH. I'll replace them"

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Well if mod kills are lenient that's all the more reason to look hard at inactive players.

The way I see it, the goal of Mafia is to catch out the Mafia in the thread when they slip up, and they can only slip up if they're talking in the first place. My view is that the best way to catch mafia is to make sure everyone in the thread contributes something meaningful each in-game day and threaten to vote for people who don't.

I'll give the thread about 12 hours for everyone to check in then start pressuring people. I'm also contributing to the thread by giving a promise of how I'll act - if I start disagreeing with what I said here to protect someone later you'll know that something's up.

To be honest, the inactiveness in the past few mafia games as bothered me. I know it's nothing I can control, but I want to play a game where everyone remains relatively active and contributes to the scum hunt. Is that too much to ask? Probably...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom