• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW Ganondorf; Why Is He Stone?

Now I know there is a thread somewhere around here about whether or not WW Ganondorf died at the end of WW or if he was merely just turned to stone until one day the Master Sword is pulled from his body. This is not like that. I want to know why he was turned to stone and not just killed like any normal person would have been.

I know that Ganondorf has powers, but we know that at the time the Master Sword was plunged into his head, he did not have the ToP. This would make it hard for him to stay alive or just inanimate without dying. I want to know what you guys think about this. What kept him as stone rather than a blood stain on the carpet?

I personally think that Nintendo purposely did this for some later game. I feel as though somehow he may still be alive until someone pulls the Master Sword or maybe someone will extract his spirit to bring out Ganon.

Thoughts?
Bellum did turn Tetra to stone, didn't he? Bellum could've revived Ganondorf somehow, right? That would sense, wouldn't it? Who else thinks this is a possiblity?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Hmmm.... Perhaps he was turned to stone because it was a repeat of events? In the first flood, Hyrule was sealed away. Everything was frozen in time- grayscaled. Stone is gray, and while being frozen and being stone are different, they are both stuck or "sealed" that way. So, perhaps Ganon's being turned to stone (similar to the greyscale) was done in order to show that his fate was "sealed". But that's only looking at it from a symbolic point of view.

We do know that he is indeed stone and not grayscale, because he is stuck in one shade of gray and we hear that rocky noise that is often used in similar scenes in other forms of media. It seems, though, that Ganon had become the pedestal for the Master Sword. That scene screamed Sword in the Stone. And, in other games, the Master Sword has to be pulled from its pedestal. It is possible that Ganon is so powerful that the Master Sword is acting as the key to the seal. Ganon was a wizard of sorts, even before obtaining the ToP, so even without it, he's still a threat.

I do think that you are right in suggesting that it is because it will be used in a later game. More than likely they are setting it up so that an evil villain will wreak havoc and the Master Sword will be needed to defeat them, but pulling the sword from its resting place will only bring about more trouble- the freeing of Ganon. Or something similar to that.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
That's not true. No where in any game, manual, or any interview has ever confirmed that Ganon is some being or spirit within Ganondorf. It is speculated deeply by some people, but its only a theory, not a fact.

Ahh but you forget. In ww he is refered to as both ganon and ganondorf. And most importantly you forgot that in oot you fight him in both his gerudo form and his beast form (navi even identifies him as ganon during the second stage). And finally in tp you also fight him as ganon the beast in one stage.

Link is the Hero of Time in all games. TP, OoT, most of them at least, thats because, whether they say It or not in the game, he still is the hero of time, he reapears over time to slay evil... Duh

You are not understanding the actual term "Hero of Time". And in case you did not know, there is a new Link in nearly every Zelda game.

S

Sovako

It's the same Ganondorf throughout the whole game correct? Or is the fat Ganondorf and the OoT Ganondorf just the same?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
It can be implied that Ganon/dorf turned to stone because OoT's version of Ganon getting stabbed would be too graphic for the game (blood flying over the place). However, it is actually pretty interesting as to how he turns to stone. It is true that only one who is pure of heart and strong of body can wield the Master Sword, or even touch it as a matter of fact.

Perhaps Ganondorf's body could not hold the power of the Master Sword. Besides, the Triforce went back to the Sacred Realm at this point, leaving Link, Zelda, and Ganon/dorf without the Triforce. Ganondorf did turn to stone, and did not just freeze in time, which is proven by the fact that there is a sound of rocks and also how Ganondorf was encased by a rough, grey structure. Perhaps this is the Master Sword sealing the evil in a newly obtained pedistal. Call me crazy, but perhaps Ganondorf turned to stone because the Master Sword was using Ganondorf's cranium as a pedistal, while sealing away the evils, of which a lot of the pedestals in Zelda have been known to do.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Link is the Hero of Time in all games. TP, OoT, most of them at least, thats because, whether they say It or not in the game, he still is the hero of time, he reapears over time to slay evil... Duh

I hate to say this but no, Link is not the same Hero of Time throughout all of the games. The only ones that have actually stated that Link is the HoT is OoT and MM. Other than that, no other one has. In WW, he was called the 'Hero of Winds' and in TP he is called the 'Hero chosen by the Gods'. He is called by other titles in the other games, but I can't recall them at the moment.

Of course there have been references to the HoT in later games, but that does not mean that he's the same Hero.

Also, the only reason why he was called the 'Hero of Time' in the first place was because that he possessed the ability (or whatever it's called) to travel through time either by years or days, depending on which game you talk about. That's why he was called the HoT. The only other Hero that expressed that something like that was in the OoX series, but he was called by another title in those games and not the title of the HoT.

Last edited:
... either i must've not made myself clear, or you guys cant read. Yes, he is a different person in each game, BUT they are all called the hero of time... no matter what they say its called, each link that has the green garb, blue, yellow, red, or whatever, is.. CALLED... THE... HERO... OF TIME!!! because he always saves hyrule or a similar version of hyrule in each of them!!!!

... either i must've not made myself clear, or you guys cant read. Yes, he is a different person in each game, BUT they are all called the hero of time... no matter what they say its called, each link that has the green garb, blue, yellow, red, or whatever, is.. CALLED... THE... HERO... OF TIME!!! because he always saves hyrule or a similar version of hyrule in each of them!!!!

No he is not always called the Hero of Time. Stop making facts up.

and that is why in several games he is refered to by other names?...The Hero of Hyrule being an example. Could it be that he is called the Hero of Time in OoT and MM because he acually travels through time?

Oh I'm pretty sure everyone who is here can read, its just that you are very, very wrong. I suggest you replay pretty much all the games again. No where in any of them does it say that the Hero of Time is all heroes wearing a green tunic. His clothes don't make him the Hero of Time. The entire race of the Kokiri wore the same thing Link did, so I guess by your logic that would give each of them equal right to be the Hero of Timez as well?

This is failed logic with no proof that is so wrong I would almost consider it spam.

Steve

5/19/13
In a normal case, I would try to see where your logic is coming from, the problem here is you're not using any logic whatsoever. Just because he wears a tunic does NOT make him the Hero of Time, in fact, that is a stupid claim, Ocarina of Time wasn't even the first game to come out. It does not make him the Hero of Time at all, he didn't even travel through time in most of those games, so I have no clue what you are talking about. Link is simply a hero, and is given a specific title within each game, stop making a fool of yourself.

This is failed logic with no proof that is so wrong I would almost consider it spam.

I'd consider it trolling.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Bellum did turn Tetra to stone, didn't he? Bellum could've revived Ganondorf somehow, right? That would sense, wouldn't it? Who else thinks this is a possiblity?

Bellum can't do crap cuz bellum crappy a final boss though he was he died before he could've rivived ganny and second why would bellum want to rivive ganny? And finally bellum probably wouldn't even find ganon.

ok... i havnt made myself clear, maybe i should say, 'What I think is that', all the links are the hero of time, not because he can go through time, but because all over the history of hyrule, he pops up to stop evil from destroying, or ruling the world. Saavy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom