• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW: 100 Years After OoT? No.

Meh, if they want to keep answering, let 'em be. It doesn't really affect you.

Anyway, impure or imbalanced, while I can see the second is the right one it does not make any difference to the point it was 'supposed' to be left untouched by Ganondorf. I always took of the end that way, that when Zelda brought him back in time by the end of Ocarina of Time, he returned to the point before meeting Zelda, because the way she reacts, just as if it was the first time. So it actually makes me wonder. It is a good point. Unless there's another game between TP and OoT-child line I don't see how it could have split when no one touched it.

Though once again, Zemen theory of Ganondorf laugh makes sense.

In TP, Ganondorf did not have any idea that he even had the ToP. When he got stabbed, he seemingly died but then the ToP appeared on his hand and brought him back to life. In the cut scene, when this happens, he starts to laugh, and IMO, he laughs because he realizes that he has a piece of what he has been trying to get all along and he never knew it.

*ToP = Triforce of Power

Since all the sages are generic in TP but carry these medallion designs, that to me shows that they are still in their original form, but are still the same sages which were awakened in the Adult Timeline.

I'm really not much of a theorist when it comes to time line discussion, but does that mean that the sages in TP are Saria, Rauru, Impa etc? And if that's true, does that mean that Ruto was the one killed by Ganondorf in the TP cut scene?

Or are you saying that the real sages actually just "possessed" (for lack of a better word) Saria, Rauru, Impa, etc in OoT, and that those people were never "true" sages?

R

rocker_3

How has Nintendo NOT proven its existence? They have told us there is a split, and a split makes PERFECT sense when you look at the end of OoT and analyze the BS' of WW and TP.

OoT ends with Link being sent back to his childhood. Zelda remains in the same time and she doesn't just cease to exist, she lives on her life in that time without Link and Ganondorf is trapped in the SR in that time.

WW makes perfect sense after this because the BS of WW says that the HoT (hero of time) stopped Ganondorf who was then trapped in the SR. The BS of WW then says that the hero disappeared (Link getting sent back to his childhood at the end of OoT). Ganondorf escapes his prison but no hero returns (because Link was sent back to his childhood). Because of this, the Goddesses flood Hyrule to stop Ganondorf from taking over.

Now, when Link goes back to his childhood, we assume he tells Zelda and the royal family of his adventures so that they stop Ganondorf before he has a chance to wreak havoc and then Link leaves Hyrule to go on his MM adventure.

This fits perfectly with the BS of TP. The BS of TP talks about Ganondorf being put up for execution for crimes against the royal family.

***who ever said that the crimes were from OoT?

QOUTE
This implies that he is being put up for execution because of the adventure Link has and tells the royal family about when he goes back to his childhood in OoT. We see that Ganondorf does not die, but is instead sent to the Twilight Realm. It is HIGHLY unlikely that this is the prison that the BS of WW says Ganondorf escaped, because the BS of WW specifically says that the HoT (hero of time) is the one that put him in the prison that he escaped and in TP, it's the sages that trap him in the Twilight Realm. Also, Ganondorf is killed at the end of TP, so how would he still be alive to take place in WW?

***iwata said that zelda,link and ganondorf are reincarnated through out the series because they are chosen by the godesses (thats why they have the peices of triforce)

The creators have told us that TP takes place about 100 years after OoT and that WW takes place hundreds of years after OoT. This means that if this was a linear timeline, TP would HAVE to go between OoT and WW, but that makes absolutely no sense when you compare this to the BS' of WW and TP.

***tell me where nintendo HAS CLEARLY STATED that there for sure is two timelines and ill beleive u
and there were references to the hero of time in TP. link gets the green clothes (the spirit says there the old heroes clothes), and when u get the zora armour, it says they were worn by the hero of old
and i think i remeber octoroks in the water temple (in TP) and they resemble more of fish then squids, i just dont remember if they spit rocks at u or not

im sure everyone is finding the timeline diffucult to understand (as i am) and im sure the next console zelda game wil fill in some holes

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
tell me where nintendo HAS CLEARLY STATED that there for sure is two timelines and ill beleive u

Prepare to believe. Here is an interview between Miyamoto and Aunouma (the creators of Zelda).

====Q: Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?

Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.

Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?

Aonuma: From the end.

Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...

Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.

Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.

Followed by a similar (though better worded) comment on the Official Zelda Homepage:

In terms of the storyline, we've decided that this takes place hundreds of years after the events in The Ocarina of Time. We think that as you play through the game, you'll notice that in the beginning the storyline explains some of the events in The Ocarina of Time. You'll also find hints of things from The Ocarina of Time that exist in The Wind Waker.

There's also a more complicated explanation. If you think back to the end of The Ocarina of Time, there were two endings to that game in different time periods. First Link defeated Ganon as an adult, and then he actually went back to being a child. You could say that The Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after the ending in which Link was an adult.====

Now, back to what i have said in previous posts. Based on this interview and with the fact that MM takes place after OoT with the same KID LINK, there HAS to be a split timeline.

R

rocker_3

dam, i really thought the timeline WAS linear
but kokiri kirl made a really great point at the top

QOUTE:
that when Zelda brought him back in time by the end of Ocarina of Time, he returned to the point before meeting Zelda, because the way she reacts, just as if it was the first time. So it actually makes me wonder. It is a good point. Unless there's another game between TP and OoT-child line I don't see how it could have split when no one touched it.

so really, we wont know for dure until the next console zelda game. or, knowing nintendo, it could be the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that.....

but instead of argueing over the timeline, how about we just enjoy the friggin games

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
This fits perfectly with the BS of TP. The BS of TP talks about Ganondorf being put up for execution for crimes against the royal family.

***who ever said that the crimes were from OoT?

so really, we wont know for sure until the next console zelda game. or, knowing nintendo, it could be the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that.....

but instead of argueing over the timeline, how about we just enjoy the friggin games

After all of that, you're still not sure? Well, I didn't think I would need to bust this out but here it goes.

Yet, ANOTHER interview with Aunouma, but this time it is on TP's placement relative to WW.

–When does Twilight Princess take place?

Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

–And the Wind Waker?

Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there’s a scene showing Ganon’s execution. Link and Zelda left him be and he then did something outrageous, so it was decided that he should be executed. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

That interview proves that Ganondorf in TP was being executed for crimes from OoT AND that TP takes place after the child portion of OoT while the other interview I posted proves that WW takes place after the adult portion of OoT.

If you aren't a believer of the split timeline after this, then you are hopeless.

R

rocker_3

ahh i see, but he did say the exacution takes place many years after OoT, so im just gonna wait for another zelda game

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ahh i see, but he did say the exacution takes place many years after OoT, so im just gonna wait for another zelda game

No, he says that the execution takes place "several years" after OoT. Several years isn't that long. Chances are that the OoT Link was still alive during that execution.

No, he says that the execution takes place "several years" after OoT. Several years isn't that long. Chances are that the OoT Link was still alive during that execution.

But I wonder why would they wait so long to execute him? You'd think they would kill him right after child Link told Zelda about what he was going to do. Ah well, it would've been cool if OoT Link was at that execution during that cut scene. It would have been a great way to connect games.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
But I wonder why would they wait so long to execute him? You'd think they would kill him right after child Link told Zelda about what he was going to do. Ah well, it would've been cool if OoT Link was at that execution during that cut scene. It would have been a great way to connect games.

Yeah, it is confusing. As the interview says, Zelda and Link let him be to see what would happen but it sounded like they might have warned the king. Maybe it was an innocent until proven guilty thing. Just because Link says he is going to do something doesnt mean he will. They kept an eye on him and when he made his move they captured him because they were prepared. I think that's probably how it went.

It would connect well if they showed OoT Link, but they would NEVER show a past Link in a game unless it was like a drawn picture on a legendary parchment or a stain glass window.

Yeah, it is confusing. As the interview says, Zelda and Link let him be to see what would happen but it sounded like they might have warned the king. Maybe it was an innocent until proven guilty thing. Just because Link says he is going to do something doesnt mean he will. They kept an eye on him and when he made his move they captured him because they were prepared. I think that's probably how it went.

It would connect well if they showed OoT Link, but they would NEVER show a past Link in a game unless it was like a drawn picture on a legendary parchment or a stain glass window.

Still, it wouldn't have taken years would it? It would probably be first priority to see if what Link said was true, and it still took that long? I'm not saying it didn't happen years after OoT, but it's just weird how it would take so long.

I would've like more references to OoT Link in TP. I think the ruins of the Temple of Time was the perfect opportunity to put SOMETHING in, but I didn't see anything.-.-

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Still, it wouldn't have taken years would it? It would probably be first priority to see if what Link said was true, and it still took that long? I'm not saying it didn't happen years after OoT, but it's just weird how it would take so long.

I would've like more references to OoT Link in TP. I think the ruins of the Temple of Time was the perfect opportunity to put SOMETHING in, but I didn't see anything.-.-

Well, if you think about it, it took 7 years for Ganondorf to take over Hyrule. We don't know how long it took him to take over Hyrule so for all we know, Ganondorf may not have started his conquest until 6 years after Link enters the temple of time. Now, if Link goes back in time and warns the king and he keeps an eye on Ganondorf it's realistic to think that Ganondorf didn't attempt his conquest for nearly 7 years which is why the execution was several years after OoT.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Well, if you think about it, it took 7 years for Ganondorf to take over Hyrule. We don't know how long it took him to take over Hyrule so for all we know, Ganondorf may not have started his conquest until 6 years after Link enters the temple of time. Now, if Link goes back in time and warns the king and he keeps an eye on Ganondorf it's realistic to think that Ganondorf didn't attempt his conquest for nearly 7 years which is why the execution was several years after OoT.

Yes, I don't think the King would be like:

"Oh, this fairy child who is a friend of my daughter told me that the loyal Ganondorf is planning to take over my kingdom, off with the heads, then!"

No, he probably thought about his decision, sent someone to investigate, until they had proof that Ganaondorf was really a traitor, and was not loyal to Hyrule.

On a side-note: I also like the fact that the Temple of Time in TP didn't have ANY references to OoT's Link

On a side-note: I also like the fact that the Temple of Time in TP didn't have ANY references to OoT's Link

Why's that? I rather enjoyed having references to OoT Link throughout WW, and I think if there had been more in TP, it would have absolutely proved once and for all that there IS a split in the time line to those who don't believe it. (See rocker up there) Perhaps just an engraving in the Temple of Time, or a window like they had in WW (I was quite disappointed that he didn't have one in WW). But, when it all comes down, I think Zemen is ultimately right: They're never going to put a Link from another game into a current game.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
They're never going to put a Link from another game into a current game.

At least not before they release an official timeline.
But I don't think that that is gonna happen any time soon.
Anyways, I don't think that anyone needs to be a genius to figure out that the Ghost that teaches you the sword skills is Link from OoT.
I just don't get why is he blind from one eye(If I am not mistaken)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom