• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW: 100 Years After OoT? No.

At least not before they release an official timeline.
But I don't think that that is gonna happen any time soon.
Anyways, I don't think that anyone needs to be a genius to figure out that the Ghost that teaches you the sword skills is Link from OoT.
I just don't get why is he blind from one eye(If I am not mistaken)

Perhaps, but to tell you the truth, I never even thought that it could be OoT Link until a few months back when I joined this place. Even so, he's not reallly mentioned as "Link" so I think the developers can get away with that. I agree with you, but I think it does take a bit of a "Zelda genius" to come up with the theory that the ghost is a Link from another game.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Simple responce: There are no plurals in Japan, hense 100 years is a mistranslation of hundreds of years.

We've covered this, but thanks for the back up.

We have all generally accepted that WW is hundredS of years after OoT.

Steve

5/19/13
There are some key elements that disprove that. For example the Sages from Twilight Princess are not the same as the ones from Ocarina of Time. Infact, the symbology of their appearance would suggest that they are simply "interns" of Sages. The discs under and above them represent holographic projectors that people always imagine, so it is very likely.

The prologue of The Wind Waker also explained that Ganondorf was sealed within the Sacred Realm by the Sages. In TP, the Sages sealed him into the Twilight Realm, and Link eventually killed Ganondorf.

In addition, Twilight Princess would have to take place before the Great Flood, as Hyrule was lost to the bottom of the sea. This would make no sense since the Great Flood occurred shortly after Ganon broke free from the Sacred Realm.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
In addition, Twilight Princess would have to take place before the Great Flood, as Hyrule was lost to the bottom of the sea. This would make no sense since the Great Flood occurred shortly after Ganon broke free from the Sacred Realm.

And the fact that there was no hero spoken of who stood up to Ganondorf when he escaped and TP clearly has a hero who defeats Ganondorf.

Steve

5/19/13
And the fact that there was no hero spoken of who stood up to Ganondorf when he escaped and TP clearly has a hero who defeats Ganondorf.

Oh yes, I forgot about that too, that's definitely an important one. The defeat of Ganondorf was the whole purpose of the Flood, had Link killed him, the goddesses wouldn't have had any reason to flood Hyrule.

R

rocker_3

Why's that? I rather enjoyed having references to OoT Link throughout WW, and I think if there had been more in TP, it would have absolutely proved once and for all that there IS a split in the time line to those who don't believe it. (See rocker up there)

LMAO

no but steven up there just proved for sure (to me) that there is a split timeline. but that was the stupidest idea to make a split timeline.

but if ganondorf dies in WW and TP, does that means hes not gonna be the villain in any other games?

LMAO

no but steven up there just proved for sure (to me) that there is a split timeline. but that was the stupidest idea to make a split timeline.

but if ganondorf dies in WW and TP, does that means hes not gonna be the villain in any other games?

No. In fact, TP and WW take place early on their respective timelines. OoT is where the timeline splits, and according to many there is only one or two games in the series that come before OoT chronologically. Those would be MC and FS, but their stories don't matter towards the rest of the series much, so we'll leave them out for this.

Ganondorf as a human is how he started, basically. All of the games with him as a pig are games which come later on in the timeline, a while after TP and WW (well actually TP now, since WW is basically the last we have seen of Ganondorf on the Adult Timeline). So its not likely that Ganondorf (human) will be apart of the next Zelda game, and sure not a part of the one after the next even if they somehow fit him in a game, possibly between TP and ALttP... but Ganon will (pig/beast form). If they continue to use Ganondorf, it will destroy any possibility of a timeline in my opinion.

The only way it wouldn't is if Ganondorf lived after Wind Waker, so the Master Sword would have to be removed from his head.

The problem with that is Ganondorf has used the Triforce of Power all of these years to stay alive. Even though there were different generations of Link and Zelda, they were always whoopin' up on the say Ganondorf, all because he had possession of the Triforce piece. In Wind Waker, he loses his piece of the Triforce before the battle with Link, therefore it is unlikely that he was able to survive the Master Sword being stabbed into his head.

The same can kinda be said for TP. At the end, it shows the Triforce's glow fade out after Ganondorf's defeat. To me, this symbolized that he had lost his piece at that point, and proceeded to his death with the Zant scene moments after. However, ALttP's backstory talks about Ganondorf as a human, entering the Sacred Realm and claiming the Triforce. He wished to rule the SR, which transformed it into the Dark World, along with all its inhabitants, as well as Ganondorf himself; transforming him into Ganon.

Therefore, the only conclusion I can draw from this is that he could have survived at the end of TP, but not WW. And if he did survive the end of TP, he has only one game left as Ganondorf. That game would tell the story of how he got into the Sacred Realm and was able to get to the Triforce for second time. It would basically be a game taking place during the backstory of ALttP.

A

Abyss Master

Therefore, the only conclusion I can draw from this is that he could have survived at the end of TP, but not WW. And if he did survive the end of TP, he has only one game left as Ganondorf. That game would tell the story of how he got into the Sacred Realm and was able to get to the Triforce for second time. It would basically be a game taking place during the backstory of ALttP.

One word: resurrection.

It's quite possible that Ganon(dorf) would be brought back by another individual, with or without the Triforce of Power - I sincerely doubt that the ToP would be entirely necessary for him to live again.

Next, while Ganondorf is arguably dead in WW (he turns to stone afterall, so we can't tell, but we can most probably assume since he has a sword sticking out of his forehead), I don't think there is any doubt that this is the case in TP. He is seen dying, and I can almost certainly assume that he stays that way should he be left alone. The thing is, however, it's entirely possible for him to come back. They attempt to kill Link in order to perform a resurrection for Ganon in AoL, afterall.

Steve

5/19/13
That game may very well be Spirit Tracks. Everyone assumes that, because all of the Celda games appear on the adult timeline (with the exception of MC in some cases), but this could be Nintendo trying to throw us off. I almost thinking that they made ST as a parallel game to Phantom Hourglass.

One word: resurrection.

It's quite possible that Ganon(dorf) would be brought back by another individual, with or without the Triforce of Power - I sincerely doubt that the ToP would be entirely necessary for him to live again.

Next, while Ganondorf is arguably dead in WW (he turns to stone afterall, so we can't tell, but we can most probably assume since he has a sword sticking out of his forehead), I don't think there is any doubt that this is the case in TP. He is seen dying, and I can almost certainly assume that he stays that way should he be left alone. The thing is, however, it's entirely possible for him to come back. They attempt to kill Link in order to perform a resurrection for Ganon in AoL, afterall.

Yeah thats basically my theory. What I was referring to was that Ganondorf as a human is likely to not return or be a part of many future games because of how the games are set up. Here's how I figure this...

We'll take a look at the Child Timeline. Starting with OoT, Link is sent back and presumably tells the king of Hyrule about Ganondorf's evil plans. Sometime later, he is sent to trial. We see this trial in TP, so one would assume that TP comes after OoT with nothing in between them to alter this process on the timeline.

Then, we look at the game that most people put directly after TP on the Child Timeline: A Link to the Past. The backstory of ALttP talks about Ganondorf, as a human, gaining access to the Sacred Realm and touching the Triforce. Upon doing this, he wished to rule the Sacred Realm. That is when the SR, along with all its inhabitants, and Ganondorf as well, were all transformed. The SR became the Dark World, which became overrun by evil creatures, and Ganondorf became his beast form Ganon permanently.

Now if you take all of this into consideration, you realize that the BS of ALttP speaks not of the events of OoT, but events which have to take place sometime later. Not only are the events of OoT completely separate from those talked about in ALttP, but Ganondorf didn't even gain access to the Sacred Realm on the Child Timeline. In that game, Ganondorf was able to access the Triforce and escape the Sacred Realm without being sealed. In fact, Ganondorf was sealed in the Evil Realm at the end of that game, but on the Adult Timeline, which would not have ever happend on the Child Timeline and thus never have happend in the history of events before ALttP. The BS of ALttP tells of him making his wish, being sealed, and then being transformed. Therefore this must be a different event. That would mean that the BS of ALttP is the only story that has not been made into a game, and the only place that it would fit would be between TP and ALttP.

This is where my theory comes in that Ganondorf probably did not die at the end of TP. Somehow, he may come back, but if he does I feel that the only tale to be told of the man known as Ganondorf would be the one explained in the BS of ALttP. All games after that included beast form Ganon. Now if they add a game onto the Adult Timeline, then you have to look at the fact that Ganondorf did not have the Triforce of Power upon dying. At this point, he did have magic, but not the power to keep himself alive from a sword stabbed through his skull. Therefore, if they were to revive Ganondorf in the Adult Timeline, I would think that he would be revived into another form. That form would be his beast/pig form, even though there are no more games after WW on the Adult Timeline (for the exception of PH and apparently ST).

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That game may very well be Spirit Tracks. Everyone assumes that, because all of the Celda games appear on the adult timeline (with the exception of MC in some cases), but this could be Nintendo trying to throw us off. I almost thinking that they made ST as a parallel game to Phantom Hourglass.

So you think that ST is going to be on the child timeline and that it's parallel to PH? If that's what you're saying then that is a VERY interesting idea and I wouldn't mind it at all. What if it's like the same Link but in the CT and it's what his life would be like if he wasn't living in the great sea world.

Steve

5/19/13
So you think that ST is going to be on the child timeline and that it's parallel to PH? If that's what you're saying then that is a VERY interesting idea and I wouldn't mind it at all. What if it's like the same Link but in the CT and it's what his life would be like if he wasn't living in the great sea world.

That is exactly what I think, and then the timeline will be one step closer to having at least one timeline that works. Right now, none of them can be completely correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom