• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW: 100 Years After OoT? No.

R

rocker_3

no matter what anyone says, i wont beleive in a split timeline until nintendo proves its existance,

and how come there are no octoroks in TP? theyve been in evry zelda game except TP

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
no matter what anyone says, i wont beleive in a split timeline until nintendo proves its existance,

How has Nintendo NOT proven its existence? They have told us there is a split, and a split makes PERFECT sense when you look at the end of OoT and analyze the BS' of WW and TP.

OoT ends with Link being sent back to his childhood. Zelda remains in the same time and she doesn't just cease to exist, she lives on her life in that time without Link and Ganondorf is trapped in the SR in that time.

WW makes perfect sense after this because the BS of WW says that the HoT (hero of time) stopped Ganondorf who was then trapped in the SR. The BS of WW then says that the hero disappeared (Link getting sent back to his childhood at the end of OoT). Ganondorf escapes his prison but no hero returns (because Link was sent back to his childhood). Because of this, the Goddesses flood Hyrule to stop Ganondorf from taking over.

Now, when Link goes back to his childhood, we assume he tells Zelda and the royal family of his adventures so that they stop Ganondorf before he has a chance to wreak havoc and then Link leaves Hyrule to go on his MM adventure.

This fits perfectly with the BS of TP. The BS of TP talks about Ganondorf being put up for execution for crimes against the royal family. This implies that he is being put up for execution because of the adventure Link has and tells the royal family about when he goes back to his childhood in OoT. We see that Ganondorf does not die, but is instead sent to the Twilight Realm. It is HIGHLY unlikely that this is the prison that the BS of WW says Ganondorf escaped, because the BS of WW specifically says that the HoT (hero of time) is the one that put him in the prison that he escaped and in TP, it's the sages that trap him in the Twilight Realm. Also, Ganondorf is killed at the end of TP, so how would he still be alive to take place in WW?

The creators have told us that TP takes place about 100 years after OoT and that WW takes place hundreds of years after OoT. This means that if this was a linear timeline, TP would HAVE to go between OoT and WW, but that makes absolutely no sense when you compare this to the BS' of WW and TP.

and how come there are no octoroks in TP? theyve been in evrry zelda game except TP

Well, in OoT, Octoroks are water-based creatures (aka we only see them in water). There is very little water in TP that would be suitable to put them in. It was probably just a design choice to not have them in the game.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Well I do not think it is possible because of the technology advancements in WW compared to oot. In ww there were spotlights and cannons. In oot, there weren't any. The order is oot, ww, tp. Or it could be oot tp then ww. I don't care about timeline theories and never have so I really do not care if I am wrong. But, that's just my oppinion:D

Well I do not think it is possible because of the technology advancements in WW compared to oot. In ww there were spotlights and cannons. In oot, there weren't any. The order is oot, ww, tp. Or it could be oot tp then ww. I don't care about timeline theories and never have so I really do not care if I am wrong. But, that's just my oppinion:D
It's impossible for WW to take place before TP, as TP has been clearly stated to be 100 years after OoT, whereas it clearly states in WW that it has been hundreds of years.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

It doesn't matter if you put TP before or after WW, Ganondorf dies in both games with absolutely no hints, evidence or in game quotes/proof of him being resurrected.

It doesn't matter if you put TP before or after WW, Ganondorf dies in both games with absolutely no hints, evidence or in game quotes/proof of him being resurrected.
Epic point. :xd:

Complete death in either. Not really any chance of him being in a new game in the same timeline...

Although he could always be resurrected later on in the timeline (IE in a new game.)

L

LightintheDark

I just registered to bring up this point.

In OoT, it is said that if a person of an inpure heart (someone who does not possess the traits of Power, Courage, and Wisdom) tries to claim the Triforce, that it will split into 3 different parts (Power, Courage, Wisdom). Obviously this is the case when Ganondorf steals the Triforce from the SR. However, if Link successfully stopped Ganondorf and goes back in time to warn Zelda, Ganondorf will never have touched the Triforce, and in turn, it will never have broken into 3 parts.

What confuses me the most, if TP does indeed follow the child timeline, is how does Ganondorf all of a sudden have part of the broken Triforce, when it hasn't been split into 3 parts and is in fact, whole?

In OoT, it is said that if a person of an inpure heart (someone who does not possess the traits of Power, Courage, and Wisdom) tries to claim the Triforce, that it will split into 3 different parts (Power, Courage, Wisdom). Obviously this is the case when Ganondorf steals the Triforce from the SR. However, if Link successfully stopped Ganondorf and goes back in time to warn Zelda, Ganondorf will never have touched the Triforce, and in turn, it will never have broken into 3 parts.

What confuses me the most, if TP does indeed follow the child timeline, is how does Ganondorf all of a sudden have part of the broken Triforce, when it hasn't been split into 3 parts and is in fact, whole?
It never states that he was able to stop him from even getting the Triforce, does it?

Because he would still have had to. My theory is that he was stopped after getting the Triforce but before becoming king...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]

For all we know, the triforce could somehow have been broken apart prior to the events of TP. In TP, Ganondorf did not have any idea that he even had the ToP. When he got stabbed, he seemingly died but then the ToP appeared on his hand and brought him back to life. In the cut scene, when this happens, he starts to laugh, and IMO, he laughs because he realizes that he has a piece of what he has been trying to get all along and he never knew it. Then he proceeds to kill one of the sages. We don't know exactly how the triforce works. What they said about an impure heart touching it is all legend that could be exasperated.

Oh, and by the way, no one said the Triforce would break if the person had an impure heart. It was if the person had an imbalanced heart.

And imbalance of the three traits (Courage, Power, and Wisdom,) specifically.

It is, in different form. Ganondorf - The demon who stars in OoT.

Ganon - Stars in TWW

Lion-like form- Stars in TP
Yes... sort of...

In OoT, WW, and TP he is still referred to as Ganondorf. In WW he is also referred to as Ganon, and in OoT and TP his pig form is called Ganon.

I'm nearly dead certain that it has always been the same Ganon...

It has. In WW, it does talk about Ganondorf escaping his prison at the very beginning of the game, and that the Hero of Time left after he was sealed, and never returned whenever Ganondorf escaped. This is obviously talking about the Adult Timeline, as in the Child Timeline, Ganondorf was never defeated.

Which brings us to his whereabouts in the Child Timeline. Young Link is shown going to Hyrule Castle to meet Zelda at the very end of OoT. This event takes place on the Child Timeline, and by a lot of theororists' opinions, is the point at which Link informs Zelda of Ganondorf's evil deeds. This later leads to his attempted execution by the Sages, which we get to see the events of later in the game of TP.

The point about the Sages being awakened is also a major point, and probably one of the better ones to support the games being on separate timelines. In OoT, the Sages of each temple are awakened by Link in the Adult Timeline. These Sages take the bodies of one of the inhabitants of each area. Each area/Sage is symbolized by a medallion with a design on it. The Sages in TP are all the same, except for the design of their respective medallion on their chest. Each one carries the same medallion given to Link in the Adult Timeline by the awakened Sage whenever he completes a temple.

Since all the sages are generic in TP but carry these medallion designs, that to me shows that they are still in their original form, but are still the same sages which were awakened in the Adult Timeline.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Jacensolo retranslated one of the lines that Aonuma said when he said that TP takes place a hundred years after the child ending and TWW takes place 100 years after the Adult ending.

He retranslated it as hundreds

Wich makes much more sense than being only one hundred years.
With more than one hundred years, it is probable that people forgot about old hyrule, and everything that was praised back then, and would give enough time for both the Zoras and Kokiri evolve into the Rito and the deformed Koroks.

Also, on a side-note, for the one that said that maybe there were also multiple Ganons, I think you have neglected the fact that the Triforce of Power gives him immortality=he doesn't die, period.

I also thought that maybe, seeing the Triforce of Power fading from his hand in the of Twilight Princess, maybe a trick to lead people to think that he effectively died, and maybe he is still alive.
That, or it was only his human form that died, and the "demon spirit" managed to leave on

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would like to make a statement that you guys dont need to keep responding to Axle saying that he thought there were multiple Ganons. I explained it a while ago and since i have explained it there have been like 3 or 4 other posts explaining something that has already been explained if we could move on and start discussing new stuff that would be awesome.

I agree with your last paragraph, Skull Kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom