• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Video Game of All Time.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
motion controls make everything the worst
AGREED. you have no idea how much I dislike them D:

But, I like the story and all so far, of SS... I just can't stand the controls >_>

ANYWAY, I think the worst RIP-OFF/offshoot game is Pac-Guy. It was fun watching, but it looked pretty bad.
But the worst game of all, in all of existence? .. hm....

I'd say.... the vast majority of Games based off of movie or shows. And the ones geared towards little girls seem pretty awful. (games like petz, and a few other weird ones)
But if I had to narrow it down to ONE game? ....I'm not sure I could... :/
Though, I might pick this: myth-makers-orbs-of-doom-wii-boxart.jpg
That game was pretty terrible xD

for the ps2 the worst game i played was. Family guy, mostly due to the tedious brian stages and the fact that you cant skip them and after you beat the game you have to start all over from the beginning so theirs no level select. for the wii I did not like Epic Micky with painful platforming stages, irritating battles and wonky camra. and finally for the WII super paper mario. in 2D the game looks Ok but in the 3D view the levels looks boring and barin, i hated the over world, and lacked the charm of its previous games. Not what i was expecting sense i played paper mario on the N64 and i enjoyed it

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Battlefield 3. Damn you EA. Fix the servers more often. I only got 9 bucks back at game stop and it was still a full refund offer.

Modern Warfare 3 was far by the worst too. They never bothered to fix the network issues on that game. The hell's matter with these companies?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I see a common game coming up, just not in th spot I'd lace it. That would be sonic 06. That game is so effing terrible. The bad thing is, now I'm determined to beat it so I have to play through it. It's just so bad. The controls are the worst I've ever experienced in gaming. There are several times where you'll due because of unavoidable situations. Silver fight is terrible. It is just a bad game. And it's so disappointing as well. Opening cut scene is excellent. Then you get to the next cut scene and it looks ****** and them you mob around the town and all hope lost. And it is sonic adventure 3(unfortunately). Worst of all, at the end of the game, the game erases itself from sonic history. It never happened.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Modern Warfare 3. I'm aware that there are way, WAY worse games out there, but I'm just judging this off of what I've actually played.

EDIT: Brink. I just remembered how bad that was seeing this thread again...worst game purchase of my life.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
E.T (Atari)

Objectively speaking, the correct answer. This burning dumpster fire was coded in five weeks and played a starring role in the North American Video Game Crash of 1983 - An event that nearly killed the industry in its nascent stages. Imagine a movie so bad that they almost stopped making movies because of it. Atari buried hundreds of thousands of copies in the middle of the desert because they couldn't even give them away.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The objective answer is E.T. As Curmudgeon stated, it almost single-handedly killed off the entire game industry, it was so bad. Had Mario not burst forth from the rubble of the game industry back then, we might not even have videogames today.

My own subjective answer for the worst game I've ever played is Adventure of Link. This game frustrates me to no end. The overworld design is the worst thing I've ever seen, everything's so spread out in a nonsensical manner. The combat is just frustratingly hard, I can't ever get a handle of it. Characters are stupid and don't help you out at all. The dungeons are just too damn big and spread out. The graphics are terrible (yes I know it's an NES game, shut up). Link gets his mac on with the local "healers" on a constant basis. You start from Zelda's palace every time you die. The whole point of the game is to have Link get the Triforce so he can wake up a comatose princess so he can make out with her.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The objective answer is E.T. As Curmudgeon stated, it almost single-handedly killed off the entire game industry, it was so bad. Had Mario not burst forth from the rubble of the game industry back then, we might not even have videogames today.

My own subjective answer for the worst game I've ever played is Adventure of Link. This game frustrates me to no end. The overworld design is the worst thing I've ever seen, everything's so spread out in a nonsensical manner. The combat is just frustratingly hard, I can't ever get a handle of it. Characters are stupid and don't help you out at all. The dungeons are just too damn big and spread out. The graphics are terrible (yes I know it's an NES game, shut up). Link gets his mac on with the local "healers" on a constant basis. You start from Zelda's palace every time you die. The whole point of the game is to have Link get the Triforce so he can wake up a comatose princess so he can make out with her.

The Adventure of Link is the classic example of something that didn't age gracefully. I like to compare it to 19th century literature. Moby **** was top shelf when it was written. Now we just want the whale to eat Ahab so we can all go home. In 1988, the difficulty of AoL wasn't off base - Contra, Double Dragon, Iron Tank, Metal Gear, 1943, Adventure Island, and Bubble Bobble all came out in the same year and were at least as hard, if not more so (Parenthetically: what a ******* awesome year that was. Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, and SMB 2 also came out in '88). Unfortunately now, all of the conventions that were fairly standard when the game debuted make it unbearable in a modern context.

I probably sound like an apologist for what is easily the worst Zelda game on a Nintendo system. I most likely am. Just remember me in fifteen years when you try to explain to the next generation why the games you loved growing up aren't terrible, steaming piles of garbage ;)

Edit Addendum: lol word filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom